Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

kevind1 wrote: »
    Managed to do it on my second go, just happened to be a couple more level 30s there at same time doing the same thing, we all just focused on him and done pretty quick, there should be a alot of people trying to do it now

Yeah I reckon two people wouldn't be a problem but on your own is a beach. Of course probably would have had a chance if I'd equipped an arc weapon but I was drunk and stupid.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Have a mate who's completed the Crota raid and he swears Red Death is going to be necessary for the last part. Played it myself but haven't completed it. Red Death restores health which is useful for the last bit. It was one of my first exotics and I like it but tbh haven't used it much since I levelled it up.

It would be a help but definitely not necessary. Work as a team and everyone will be able to recharge their health when they need to for the most part. Hard raid in January could be a different story though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »
    Decided yesterday to just throw all the Shotguns into the vault, can't even be bothered carrying them around, turning in bounties against them, pretending i'm going to use them.

Murmur is just another 2 reasons (Arc + Solar) why I'll never need to use a shotgun again.

Cannot be dealing with the slow reload and lack of scatter/splash damage.
    If they cannot be used to shoot "wide" and hit 4 thralls at once in the DLC, whats the point.
    At least a fusion rifle will shoot "deep" (jokes on a postcard) and penetrate multiple enemies (too easy).

I have a feeling the pulse rifles will be joining them in the vault soon.
    I have Red Death but didn't re-roll it as I was spending enough with Xur as it is.
    Have the bounty for Bad-JuJu so i'll complete that to get a 233 version.

But they just look like the 2 most useless weapon types in the game.

Also. WTF is the point in Iron Banner if it only gives you 31 level gear. Jesus wept. Too much moving the goalposts.

Also don't bother levelling Eris with more than 1 character. It's time consuming and unnecessary.
    You can just get the main character to do all the work and purchasing
    What else were they realistically going to do?

Also VoC despite being a horrible gun to use is possibly the most useful for Crota, has the right damage for the oversoul and does good damage at a distance, allows you to use IB or an exotic launcher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Things you'll want for the final fight against Crota from what we learned so far.

To be a level 31 (ideal world), buy your way there if you need to, we all did it :D
    Ice Breakers (re-rolled and as close to fully levelled as possible)
    Red Death or Suros Regime for Health Reasons, although being Pulse Rifles these are going to f**k you over when it comes to dropping Crotas shield.
    A High Rate of Fire Auto rifle (once you've cleared the mobs after the glass shields drop this will be your go-to weapon)

Use your Ice Breakers on the Oversoul, if you don't have an Ice Breaker, use the best Fusion Rifle you have.
    At least fusion rifles will be useful against the sword barer.
    You can use you primary slot for a Auto Rifle then.
    AdamD wrote: »

The last Iron Banner allowed you to hit the maximum possible level.
    The only way you could get armour for level 30 was the Normal Raid and the Iron Banner.
    Iron Banner helped give access to the top-tier (Hard Raid) if the RNG was not giving you drops in the Normal Raid
    Also VoC despite being a horrible gun to use is possibly the most useful for Crota, has the right damage for the oversoul and does good damage at a distance, allows you to use IB or an exotic launcher too.

I think most would agree that the 3 VoG Elemental Primaries are among the most useful in the game.
    VoC is the most Useful gun in the game if you ask me, it's my go to primary despite being 300 damage.
    Solar damage + Large Clip + Auto Fire + Doesn't take an Exotic Slot = What's not to like

They should have made the Raid gear level 33. IB 32 and Vanguard stuff 31.
    Iron Banner was great last time cos it could get you to 30 without having to farm the Raid. Hope they have some good guns again 'cos the Scout Rifle and Fusion were excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Decided yesterday to just throw all the Shotguns into the vault, can't even be bothered carrying them around, turning in bounties against them, pretending i'm going to use them.

Murmur is just another 2 reasons (Arc + Solar) why I'll never need to use a shotgun again.

Cannot be dealing with the slow reload and lack of scatter/splash damage.
    If they cannot be used to shoot "wide" and hit 4 thralls at once in the DLC, whats the point.
    At least a fusion rifle will shoot "deep" (jokes on a postcard) and penetrate multiple enemies (too easy).

I have a feeling the pulse rifles will be joining them in the vault soon.
    I have Red Death but didn't re-roll it as I was spending enough with Xur as it is.
    Have the bounty for Bad-JuJu so i'll complete that to get a 233 version.

But they just look like the 2 most useless weapon types in the game.

Also. WTF is the point in Iron Banner if it only gives you 31 level gear. Jesus wept. Too much moving the goalposts

I like shotguns but they are only useful in counted occasions, I think they will do well against nights (in fact I know they do) but they are tricky to use.

They are useless when lightswitch is on.

And agree with murmur, excellent fusion rifle makes up for two slots and pointless to carry any other

It makes sense that IB wont bring you to 32 the same way vanguard didnt bring people to 30.

I am sure it will when the next DLC comes up and we all need to level up to lv34... pretty sure that 2 weeks before they will add this to IB.

I need to finish bad juju again (dismantled mine a few weeks ago), mostly because it also has a skull so I want all my weapons to have skulls, I will even use my warlock skull helmet, all this in the hope that the enemies would find me too scary to get close to me! lol

I didnt want to upgrade my red death (dont really like it anyway), and I wanted to leave a few coins in the vault in case he brings something nice this friday (have like 50 coins left).

I upgraded Suros (not that I ever use it), IB, thunderlord (I think that was it). And a few armor bits as well

Helped some guys out in the normal old Raid over the weekend. It was so easy. I picked up the Relic for the Templar bit. First time I ever used it there and we got past it no problem. Then I went into the portal to pick it up for Atheon. I'm now one of those guys.
    Can't believe the trouble I used have with the old Raid.

They should have made the Raid gear level 33. IB 32 and Vanguard stuff 31.
    Iron Banner was great last time cos it could get you to 30 without having to farm the Raid. Hope they have some good guns again 'cos the Scout Rifle and Fusion were excellent.

Timurs Lash (HC) and Jolders Hammer (LMG) are great guns too.
    Wonder can we re-roll them to get 233 damage.
    Would hate to lose my perks on them though, got really good perks on mine :o

Timurs Lash (HC) and Jolders Hammer (LMG) are great guns too.
    Wonder can we re-roll them to get 233 damage.
    Would hate to lose my perks on them though, got really good perks on mine :o

Jolders hammer wouldn't drop for me last time. Sent me mental. I got Timurs Lash but haven't really used it because of Fatebringer but yeah hope we can reroll the fusion/scout rifle that would make me play IB.

Things you'll want for the final fight against Crota from what we learned so far.

The last Iron Banner allowed you to hit the maximum possible level.
    The only way you could get armour for level 30 was the Normal Raid and the Iron Banner.
    Iron Banner helped give access to the top-tier (Hard Raid) if the RNG was not giving you drops in the Normal Raid

I think most would agree that the 3 VoG Elemental Primaries are among the most useful in the game.
    VoC is the most Useful gun in the game if you ask me, it's my go to primary despite being 300 damage.
    Solar damage + Large Clip + Auto Fire + Doesn't take an Exotic Slot = What's not to like
    I think you misunderstood me/I wasn't clear. Its a very useful weapon, but its horrid to use. It constantly glitches and just doesn't feel smooth whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Jolders hammer wouldn't drop for me last time. Sent me mental. I got Timurs Lash but haven't really used it because of Fatebringer but yeah hope we can reroll the fusion/scout rifle that would make me play IB.

It's soooo good. Pity I got so many other Solar LMGs to choose from + Level.
    I actually find it's rare I use Solar heavies though as I have VoC.

Current catch-all load out:

VoC
    Murmer (arc mode)
    Corrective measure
    Some Tactics for Crotas End for later when we all continue the fight. Pretty happy with our progress. Our strategy pretty much ended up being the main strategy it seems. Thank you Youtube :D

I think you misunderstood me/I wasn't clear. Its a very useful weapon, but its horrid to use. It constantly glitches and just doesn't feel smooth whatsoever.

Never had a problem with it myself, only weapons I find glitching (or at least seems like it) in a positive way, is Hand Cannons.
    They seem to give me critical hits when I don't think I was aiming at the critical spots at all.
    Must have some phat a$$ bullets, or auto-aim snap-to is doing me some favours

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Have a mate who's completed the Crota raid and he swears Red Death is going to be necessary for the last part. Played it myself but haven't completed it. Red Death restores health which is useful for the last bit. It was one of my first exotics and I like it but tbh haven't used it much since I levelled it up.

Suros/Fatebringer/Vex
    Old Raid Fusion (Praetorian Fire) or the new fusion I picked up/ IB
    Corrective Measures / Raid Launcher (haven't got the gjaellehorn)

The Suros perk works as well to restore health, but in all honesty just stay in a group and have a titan with blessing of light pop a ward of dawn if you need healed.

The Suros perk works as well to restore health, but in all honesty just stay in a group and have a titan with blessing of light pop a ward of dawn if you need healed.

I think the Red Death perk restores more or is better. I don't think it's a must have but it's definately handy. Wait, what Ward of Dawn restores health? I use the defender sub-class most and I didn't know that.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I think the Red Death perk restores more or is better. I don't think it's a must have but it's definately handy. Wait, what Ward of Dawn restores health? I use the defender sub-class most and I didn't know that.:o

Blessing of light will restore your health when giving you the overshield, don't know if armour of light will, used it myself last night. The Red Death would be better than Suros as the halth restore isn't random on the bottom half of the mag like Suros.

Blessing of light will restore your health when giving you the overshield, don't know if armour of light will, used it myself last night. The Red Death would be better than Suros as the halth restore isn't random on the bottom half of the mag like Suros.

I always use weapons of light. Changed it to armour of light for the new Raid. Will switch to Blessing now for the last part. Thanks for the tip.

How to get the 2nd Chest in CE (well all the chests but whatever)

Bare in mind you can grab the 1st one solo with a level 27 character :)

We cheesed the bridge part and all ran our three characters to the second chest. Got shards/energies not sure any of us got anything exciting from the first two chests.

I dont know about red death, I used it and didnt make much difference.

In all fairness, health is the last of my concerns when killing crota. It might be on hard but on normal I dont find it an issue as, as long as the chalice is close you can always pick it up.

Ideally you want everyone to stand as close together as possible (like around the stairs).

Its all about timing, it took us a while to get it, brought him down to almost no health several times, but once we got the thing going we found it easiesh enough. So much that we switch to our other 2 characters and finish him in just a few attempts.

Another thing that makes a difference is weapons of light, if the relic holder goes through it before grabbing the relic and uses his super against crota you can take almost 1/4 - 1/3 of his life in one hit.

Basically if you time your weapons of light/supers you can bring him down to 1/3 before the ogres spawn.

And although I love VoC I find that IB or fusion rifles are best against the oversoul as you need to put as much damage as possible. And IB will put up over 1000 damage per shot, while the VoC puts 140, that means that 7 IB shots will cause as much damange as 50 shots with your VoC.

Another good thing is that, because it is so big you dont really need to aim to the oversoul when using your IB.

Also, regarding IB, IB lv30 was not available until recently and in preparation for the new DLC. Originally IB armor only went to lv29 if I remember correctly.

It would be very unlikely, and unfair, if you can level up to 32 by playing IB

I wouldn't say it is unfair.
    Relying 100% on a RNG for armour is unfair.
    It might be better with this raid and it's checking to see when you last got a "good" drop.
    But it wouldn't kill them to give boots/gaunlets in IB and have players still have to get chest/helm from the raid or use an exotic.
    Maybe they will during the next IB run
    2 chests and 2 checkpoint drops later, all I got is Radiant Energy

Also apparently there is a glitch in the CE raid at the end where hip fire does a lot less damage against the oversoul so you need to ADS.
    Personally I agree with binning Red Death and going all in with an Auto Rifle.

We didn't have very many deaths last night due that were unavoidable.
    6 players taking turns with the Chalice and you're golden.

Weapons of light would be a big help.
    But we Need to everyone close

Also we should be saving our AOE grendaes for the sword bearer

The RNG is supposed to be more "helpful" in the new Raid but I'm like you Cormac am not seeing the love!
    Did get boots but am one of the few from our group to get anything decent.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    I dont know about red death, I used it and didnt make much difference.

In all fairness, health is the last of my concerns when killing crota. It might be on hard but on normal I dont find it an issue as, as long as the chalice is close you can always pick it up.

Ideally you want everyone to stand as close together as possible (like around the stairs).

Its all about timing, it took us a while to get it, brought him down to almost no health several times, but once we got the thing going we found it easiesh enough. So much that we switch to our other 2 characters and finish him in just a few attempts.

Another thing that makes a difference is weapons of light, if the relic holder goes through it before grabbing the relic and uses his super against crota you can take almost 1/4 - 1/3 of his life in one hit.

Basically if you time your weapons of light/supers you can bring him down to 1/3 before the ogres spawn.

And although I love VoC I find that IB or fusion rifles are best against the oversoul as you need to put as much damage as possible. And IB will put up over 1000 damage per shot, while the VoC puts 140, that means that 7 IB shots will cause as much damange as 50 shots with your VoC.

Another good thing is that, because it is so big you dont really need to aim to the oversoul when using your IB.

Also, regarding IB, IB lv30 was not available until recently and in preparation for the new DLC. Originally IB armor only went to lv29 if I remember correctly.

It would be very unlikely, and unfair, if you can level up to 32 by playing IB

We'll have to have a run at him tonight, I've been practicing my sword swinging technique :P

The RNG is supposed to be more "helpful" in the new Raid but I'm like you Cormac am not seeing the love!

Helpful = Run it 5 times between now and the Hard Raid and you'll have your armour so we can stretch everything out a little longer until the Hard Raid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Hey guys,
    I don't know if any of you know about this YouTuber: www(dot)youtube(dot)com/user/DattoDoesDestiny/videos but I've found his videos fairly informative and entertaining. It's probably stuff that a lot of you know already but it might help someone.

I've had to alter the URL as it seems I'm not allowed to post them.

Informative, yes very much so.
    He's usually my go to guy for info

Has everyone gotten their new Warlock "Orbit Punch" gaunlets at the Special Orders desk :D

I wouldn't say it is unfair.
    Relying 100% on a RNG for armour is unfair.
    It might be better with this raid and it's checking to see when you last got a "good" drop.
    But it wouldn't kill them to give boots/gaunlets in IB and have players still have to get chest/helm from the raid or use an exotic.
    Maybe they will during the next IB run
    2 chests and 2 checkpoint drops later, all I got is Radiant Energy

Also apparently there is a glitch in the CE raid at the end where hip fire does a lot less damage against the oversoul so you need to ADS.
    Personally I agree with binning Red Death and going all in with an Auto Rifle.

We didn't have very many deaths last night due that were unavoidable.
    6 players taking turns with the Chalice and you're golden.

Weapons of light would be a big help.
    But we Need to everyone close

Also we should be saving our AOE grendaes for the sword bearer

I know what you mean, but just put it this way, you dont really need to be lv 32 unless you want to play the raid on hard.

If you compare it to the previous raid it was

26 normal
    30 hard

Max armor VG/IB with exotic 29

Now the raid

30 normal
    32 hard

Max armor VG 31

All the strikes, NF, etc top at levl 30, below the 31 lv you reach with your normal vg gear.

That's why I think that If IB gets you to lv32 without playing the raid that will be unfair IMO.

Also, I only got shards/energies as well on the first 3 stages. I dont mind too much as even if I got armor I would have need 21 shards (or 18 not sure now) per piece of armor, that's 63 shards per character.

Which is another reason why I would think IB lv32 should not be possible as it would probably use normal shards which are easy to get compared to the radiant ones.

Bear in mind that bungie has said that you are guaranteed a piece of armor/weapon out of every raid, the fact that we havent got one yet could be due to a glitch (still dont know why the deathsinger woman doesnt drop loot) or because we are missing chests.

There's not really a 'bad' drop in this raid. Shards and Energies are a far more rare commodity this time round than VoG, you're gonna need 63 shards alone to get 1 character to 31. I'd imagine most will be waiting on shards rather than armour this time round. I think in our group we all got at least 1 piece of armour in our first run and 5/6 got armour in our second.

Bohrio: I don't think they've said that? They just said its not random anymore, it takes into account your previous drops and what armour you're missing.

Like I said, I wouldnt be to shabby if you get radiant stuff, you will need lots to upgrade your armor. I ran it 3 times and I think I got 15 shards and 7 energies in total

Which is not enough to upgrade any piece of armor. And not even close to upgrading any of my raid weapons.

Mick! I will do my best, the wife is really really angry at the moment so I might need to keep her happy, If we try running it at 9-10 might be possible. I will let you know, she is wrecked as well so hopefully a quick dinner/movie will cool her down a bit...

It should take long to complete.... its my fault I pushed her too far! lol

Bohrio: I don't think they've said that? They just said its not random anymore, it takes into account your previous drops and what armour you're missing.

You could be right, I make things up sometimes and think they are the truth! must be an age thing

I presume we will be buying a lot of shards / energies from Eris, which reminds me. Anyone know a good spot to kill seven enemies with a nova bomb? Equipped that bounty yesterday morning and haven't come close to doing it.

• Advertisement

I presume we will be buying a lot of shards / energies from Eris, which reminds me. Anyone know a good spot to kill seven enemies with a nova bomb? Equipped that bounty yesterday morning and haven't come close to doing it.

The first moon mission at the door? Quite a few Hive bunched together there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement