Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I presume we will be buying a lot of shards / energies from Eris, which reminds me. Anyone know a good spot to kill seven enemies with a nova bomb? Equipped that bounty yesterday morning and haven't come close to doing it.

You can't buy radiants from Eris unfortunately, you can only convert ones into the others.

For the 7 hive one I normally use the one thats says "we have waken the hive"

Otherwise the new missions, the last one, is goot, the one with all the exploding thralls fellas constantly come together

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but just put it this way, you dont really need to be lv 32 unless you want to play the raid on hard....

That was the case with the lvl 30 VoG.
    But Crota's End will have lvl 33 Enemies (last 2 sections) along with whatever other tricks it introduces to make the Raid "Hard".
    So I wouldn't want to be running that as level 31s.
    You would need at least 1 32 to hit Crota.
    There's even speculation that some enemies could go as high has lvl 34, but I think that might be overkill.

If the Raid enemies were at the level of the actual Raid (like the rest of the game) this wouldn't be as big a problem.

I guess we'll know once we've all run the Raid again 2 more times.
    If we're not all sitting on 2 lvl 32 bits of armour after 3 full runs then something is wrong.

Also Eris class and subclass locked bounties are dumb. I hate using Voidwalker

Cormac... wrote: »
    That was the case with the lvl 30 VoG.
    But Crota's End will have lvl 33 Enemies (last 2 sections) along with whatever other tricks it introduces to make the Raid "Hard".
    So I wouldn't want to be running that as level 31s.
    You would need at least 1 32 to hit Crota.
    There's even speculation that some enemies could go as high has lvl 34, but I think that might be overkill.

If the Raid enemies were at the level of the actual Raid (like the rest of the game) this wouldn't be as big a problem.

I guess we'll know once we've all run the Raid again 2 more times.
    If we're not all sitting on 2 lvl 32 bits of armour after 3 full runs then something is wrong.

Also Eris class and subclass locked bounties are dumb. I hate using Voidwalker

I know but that brings me back again to the same question, you need to hit lv 32 if you want to beat crota on lv33 (maybe)

And the only way to hit 32 is by playing the raid. I think we have over 1 month to get there, it is possible to do, although not guaranteed as we are probably missing some chests still.

So basically if you want to play the raid on hard, you need to get gear by playing it on normal. To me it makes sense. At the moment lv30s are playing against lv32. So it should be doable (well we will see how hard the "hard" version is)

But IB doesnt come into place at all. The raid and IB are not connected, if you could get armor lv32 by doing Ib it will mean that people would be able to reach lv32 without never playing the raid which would not make sense as the only reason why you would need to be lv32 is if you want to play the raid on hard.

In fact I noticed that during those 2 weeks were IB had lv30 armor for sale, I would be playing the raid on hard and struggle to get people to do their tasks despite them being 30, when I checked I realized they had no experience and they were all using IB armor.

I was doing better with lv29 people with raid experience than with 30s with IB armor and no raid exp.

Honestly I find this raid very easy (if you know what I mean).

The fact that you can solo the first two stages confirms this.

I was surprised I was able to finish it within one week and playing with randoms.

VoG seemed much harder for me tbh, and longer

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

A good video on defeating Crota, similar to what we were doing last night, timing is everything

youtube.com/watch?v=3bogdLtmH3Q

Infinite Ammo Sniper Rifle (provided you hit a critical), and apparently has higher impact than and Ice Breaker anyone? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Went into Smyths today, what I seen would shake any Guardian to the bones. It was pure chaos.

All I could hear was the Ghosts voice saying "We've woken the hive!"

I had to run back out, I wasn't a high enough level to deal with such darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Went into Smyths today, what I seen would shake any Guardian to the bones. It was pure chaos.

Should have done a fist of havok followed by a titan dance.

"Guardian Down"

The Elsa Doll has been Dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »
    Infinite Ammo Sniper Rifle (provided you hit a critical), and apparently has higher impact than and Ice Breaker anyone? :pac:

Me last night. Cheers crota :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Got an ascendant shard from a chest on the moon, guess that's a thing now.

• Advertisement

Benzino wrote: »
    Got an ascendant shard from a chest on the moon, guess that's a thing now.

Thats happened before. Shards an energies!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Gonna be leaving the next Iron Banner alone I think. Not enjoying the prevalence of playing against red bar connections in Crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was the victim of a Boards.ie Shard raping earlier on....2 certain ndividuals (You know who you are) hijacked my mission with 30 secs to go like I was holiday making in South Africa. I feel so Abused ..... :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got some Radiant Energy from a chest. I assume they are used to upgrade Exotic weapons or armour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lmao Xbox live must be having issues again , according to my friend feed you are all going a raid on earths moon in Dead Rising 3 :D

I snapped a pic of it i'll post up in a bit

Just found a legendary void rocket launcher called One Way Ticket. Cool name.

Just found a legendary void rocket launcher called One Way Ticket. Cool name.

I bought mine on friday (solar damage) and it is very very good, much better than hezen imo.. lucky drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Had to do some serious grinding tonight for Hadronic essence (over an hour of glimmer farming!) have both characters at 31 now so all worth it. Should make the raid that bit easier. Bring on those weekly events! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

is it worth bothering with the new gear at all?

next expansion is in a couple month, will it not make all the lvl 32 gear as useless as the level 30 gear from VOG?

BizzyC wrote: »

next expansion is in a couple month, will it not make all the lvl 32 gear as useless as the level 30 gear from VOG?

Without leveling up I would say the hard raid mode is going to be impossible.

First few parts of the expansion (in 5 months time) might well be very difficult at level 31.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

BizzyC wrote: »

Yes because you get to play the new raid while trying to get it, which is very fun. The game shouldn't all be about being the top level.

Has anybody yet to kill Xyor the Unwed as part of the Thorn Exotic bounty? I have the mission ready to go but have found it too difficult to solo. There are just so many enemies with different shields that it is too hard to keep switching out weapons without getting killed.

If anyone else is working on the Thorn bounty we could take on Xyor together. I'm playing on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Has anybody yet to kill Xyor the Unwed as part of the Thorn Exotic bounty? I have the mission ready to go but have found it too difficult to solo. There are just so many enemies with different shields that it is too hard to keep switching out weapons without getting killed.

If anyone else is working on the Thorn bounty we could take on Xyor together. I'm playing on PS4.

I was able to solo it using this cheese spot, though I'm not sure if they have patched it since.

So nightfall is the moon strike with arc burn...

Cheese spot here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cheese spot here I come!

Hears the sound of millions of Murmurs being equipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Its a bit tricky but its well doable with two, easier with three. RossBah and myself did it last week, arc fusions for the knights & captains with blue shields and solar damage for the wizards with red shields - any solar heavy weapon or vision of confluence (if you have it) as your primary works a treat. When you get to Phogoth, fight off the minions and get him down to around 10% and he summons Xyor. A few rockets and special weapons take care of him handy enough. If you want a hand (on PS4) give me a shout. Lad in work here (lvl 30) has it too so might be worth the three of us knocking it out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cheese spot here I come!

Not so bad. Just need to watch out for stupid Thralls and Wizards. Oh wait there's a load in this one. DAM YOU BUNGIE :)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Not so bad. Just need to watch out for stupid Thralls and Wizards. Oh wait there's a load in this one. DAM YOU BUNGIE :)

the trickiest part is the first main block - the 3 code door. I find hanging over by the door you enter through, and then backing up back up the stairs when the wizards come calling makes it easy enough. Takes a while, but not difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Do you have to do Xyor during a high level strike or can you just load up the normal moon strike? It's like you guys are talking about a Nightfall difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Do you have to do Xyor during a high level strike or can you just load up the normal moon strike? It's like you guys are talking about a Nightfall difficulty.

No, it's a special level 26 version of the strike that is only accessible when you have that particular part of the exotic bounty unlocked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement