Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No, it's a special level 26 version of the strike that is only accessible when you have that particular part of the exotic bounty unlocked.

Ah. I've had that bounty months - stuck on the PvP bit as I don't play a lot of PvP and then the IB wiped my progress 'cos I was using the Suros. Actually have it on two characters now. Really need to finish it off. Have a pretty good void fusion now fully ranked up to 331 so might give it a go in IB with the Epilogue and the Truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Do you have to do Xyor during a high level strike or can you just load up the normal moon strike? It's like you guys are talking about a Nightfall difficulty.

It appeared as a separate mission on the moon. It's probably closer to a strike in terms of style and difficulty but it was a level 26 mission.

Edit: Beaten to it by SolvableKnave. If you have a void fusion at 331 your rip through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,032 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

the trickiest part is the first main block - the 3 code door. I find hanging over by the door you enter through, and then backing up back up the stairs when the wizards come calling makes it easy enough. Takes a while, but not difficult.

Ah yea I know that. Also handy to put a titan bubble shield inside the door and get thee thralls to chase you out blinding themselves while there at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was the victim of a Boards.ie Shard raping earlier on....2 certain ndividuals (You know who you are) hijacked my mission with 30 secs to go like I was holiday making in South Africa. I feel so Abused ..... :eek::eek:

I've hijacked someones mission when it was pretty much over before. And it was a weekly strike or nightfall. Free guns for me :D
    AdamD wrote: »
    Yes because you get to play the new raid while trying to get it, which is very fun. The game shouldn't all be about being the top level.

+1
    Has anybody yet to kill Xyor the Unwed as part of the Thorn Exotic bounty? I have the mission ready to go but have found it too difficult to solo. There are just so many enemies with different shields that it is too hard to keep switching out weapons without getting killed.

If anyone else is working on the Thorn bounty we could take on Xyor together. I'm playing on PS4.

I can help if I'm on later in the week and not doing anything else

Iron Banner crap Loot

HUNTER

WARLOCK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Thats it for Iron Banner? I was expecting at least one piece of armour which would level me towards 32. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

realistically - how difficult is it to hit iron banner rank 4?

I'll probably level it just for the sake of doing the bounties. Trying to level a couple of my re-rolled exotics.
    Might Grab the Gloves with Auto Rifle reload, they are real helpful in PvP when using Shadow Price.
    Maybe grab the Auto Rifle if I hit Rank 4.
    Won't be grinding it like I did before.

Also FYI, here's the Tempered buff increases (approximate)

Tuesday: 10% Buff
    Wednesday: 15% Buff
    Thursday: 25% Buff
    Friday: 40% Buff
    Saturday: 60% Buff
    Sunday: 90% Buff
    Monday: 140% Buff

It's pretty easy particualrly if you use the buff late on. I used it on the Sunday which was the second last day and with one win (including two loser medals) I did 25% of rank 4 to get to rank 5.
    If you're in a good group it's a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

For me it would be as difficult as going to the moon and as painful as pealing my entire body skin off and sumerge me in alcohol

I am still surprised that people though IB would sell 36 light armor. I would have been more surprised if it did

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Picked up a couple more shards last night thanks to sniper_samurai. Cheers for that. I could only stay for one game unfortunately. Baby started giving out.
    In other news I didnt really get an answer to my question yesterday lads so I'll ask again if thats ok.

I'm currently level 28. I've stopped levelling up my new monarchy gear as the DLC came out with better stuff.

Since the DLC I played a bit of crucible and bought a new set of gauntlets which got me to 28.

Now I've realised it'll take a lot of crucible to get the other two bits of legendary gear. I think I can upgrade my exotic helmet with xur so again I've stopped levelling it for the moment.

Am I better off leaving the faction so I can use my vangaurd marks as well or just stick with new monarcy and grind out crucible to level up?

Also if I do stay with New Monarchy what can I spend the vangaurd marks on? I'm currently maxed at the 200 mark and couldnt find anywhere to spend them last night when I looked around the tower.

Cheers guys. Your help is much appreciated as always.

• Advertisement

Now I've realised it'll take a lot of crucible to get the other two bits of legendary gear. I think I can upgrade my exotic helmet with xur so again I've stopped levelling it for the moment

Once you hit Rank 3 with a Faction, drop them like a hot coal.
    Just go back to a non-faction class item, some default cloak/bond/sash
    Am I better off leaving the faction so I can use my vangaurd marks as well or just stick with new monarcy and grind out crucible to level up?

No, go default now, using a faction the minute you hit 20 with your 1st character is the best option to get good gear fast.
    After that, go default or you will have wasted Vanguard Currency and Commendations (from doing dailyies patrol, weeklies etc at the very least)
    Also if I do stay with New Monarchy what can I spend the vangaurd marks on? I'm currently maxed at the 200 mark and couldnt find anywhere to spend them last night when I looked around the tower.

Feck all, you can only spend Vanguard Marks and Commendations with the Vanguard.
    If you are still Rank 0 with the Vanguard, i'd throw all 200 Marks into Planetary Materials for now.
    While trying to get to Rank 2, you'll gain another 200 marks

Picked up a couple more shards last night thanks to sniper_samurai. Cheers for that. I could only stay for one game unfortunately. Baby started giving out.
    In other news I didnt really get an answer to my question yesterday lads so I'll ask again if thats ok.

I'm currently level 28. I've stopped levelling up my new monarchy gear as the DLC came out with better stuff.

Since the DLC I played a bit of crucible and bought a new set of gauntlets which got me to 28.

Now I've realised it'll take a lot of crucible to get the other two bits of legendary gear. I think I can upgrade my exotic helmet with xur so again I've stopped levelling it for the moment.

Heya

you have 200 vanguard marks, unfortunately, you are still vanguard 0 to it will take you a while to get to vg 2 which is the minimum I think to get gear (maybe I am wrong and you can get some armor as lv1). I think its a bit too late but maybe worth it as it is relatively quick to level up the first 2 vg levels.

Do the urn quest that will get you the gaunlets although you might need help with that.

Then hope to get a drop/engram and hopefully it will turn into a legendary armor.

You should have upgraded your helmet last week when XuR had it, otherwise maybe he will have one for you this week.

Technically you need 1 fully upgraded exotic (light 36) , 2 fully upgraded new armor (light 33) , and then, either 1 full upgraded raid armor (light 30) or another new armor (light 30-33)

To me it looks like it will be a while before you can buy any decent armor. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If you equip your new monarchy item you will gain rep for that doing any vangaurd stuff (Strikes, Partrol, Bounties) along with any rep you get from any crucible you do. So if you are already progressing with NM and have limited time I would say stick with that rather than (possibly) starting over with the plain vanguard. Your vanguard marks may be kinda useless though - you can buy mats (20mats for 10 marks), think you only need to be Vangaurd rank 1 for that.

The problem with factions is you can only use the crucible marks. It you switch your mark/cloak/banner to a Vanguard item you can buy Vanguard stuff but you will need to have them ranked up to level 3 which will take a bit of grinding strikes/bounties/dailys/weeklys/NFalls etc. The armour guys are straight down the stairs from where you spawn and the gun guy is beside the one who sells the ships in the Hangar.

You can mix level 31 vanguard armour with level 31 crucible armour to get to level 31.

Do the daily Vanguard bounties, the Daily missions and the Daily Patrol Bounties when you're one and the Weekly Strike.
    You'll fly up the Vanguard Ranks :)

Also, as was said earlier, do the URN quest with Eris/Xur this weekend to get free Level 31 Gauntlets.
    No point in staying with NM after Rank 3, it's just wasted progress for all this Vanguard

Maybe I could mix and match then so. When I'm doing dailys and weeklys etc.. put on the normal vangaurd gear so it levels that up and then put on my faction gear when playing crucible?

That way I could eventually use the vangaurd marks to either buy materials or potentially eventually but other stuff like legendary gear etc..

Maybe you cant mix and match gear though.

I think I may have made this more complicated for myself by joining the faction but its what all the cool kids were doing at the time. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Maybe I could mix and match then so. When I'm doing dailys and weeklys etc.. put on the normal vangaurd gear so it levels that up and then put on my faction gear when playing crucible?

That way I could eventually use the vangaurd marks to either buy materials or potentially eventually but other stuff like legendary gear etc..

Maybe you cant mix and match gear though.

I think I may have made this more complicated for myself by joining the faction but its what all the cool kids were doing at the time. lol.
    You can def mix and match gear.

Nope, you'll still get Crucible Marks when wearing a default class item.
    You could use the XP you gain by re-equipping the NM item towards levelling NM further to gain commendations.

BUT, in the long/medium term it will be better to have different places to shop around.

Think of it this way, with a default class item you'll be levelling Crucible AND Vanguard (granted probably from scratch), but one you hit level 3 with both.
    Bam! 2 commnedations and a selection of 28 weapons to choose from as opposed to 4. And 24 different pieces of armour to choose from.

You can then choose buffs on Armour and Weapons you WANT, not just be stuck with whatever level 31 gear you got 1st.

Getting in bed with a Faction on your 1st play through if you play a balance of PvP and PvE is still the best option IMHO

Cormac... wrote: »
    Nope, you'll still get Crucible Marks when wearing a default class item.
    You could use the XP you gain by re-equipping the NM item towards levelling NM further to gain commendations.

BUT, in the long/medium term it will be better to have different places to shop around.

Think of it this way, with a default class item you'll be levelling Crucible AND Vanguard (granted probably from scratch), but one you hit level 3 with both.
    Bam! 2 commnedations and a selection of 28 weapons to choose from as opposed to 4. And 24 different pieces of armour to choose from.

You can then choose buffs on Armour and Weapons you WANT, not just be stuck with whatever level 31 gear you got 1st.

Getting in bed with a Faction on your 1st play through if you play a balance of PvP and PvE is still the best option IMHO

Ok so long story short is ditch New Monarchy and go with the normal Vangaurd as it'll give me more options.

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of vangaurd missions etc so to rank up.

More jumping in on your games when I see in the strkes as well. :D

but if you get a vanguard bounty it should rank up a crucible armour that you have equipped when you cash it in or else I'm back to being totally confused.
    It certainly ranked up my IB guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Has iron banner rank reset or not?

Ok so long story short is ditch New Monarchy and go with the normal Vangaurd as it'll give me more options.

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of vangaurd missions etc so to rank up.

More jumping in on your games when I see in the strkes as well. :D

Pretty much yeah.
    If you come online and do the daily mission, the daily patrol bounty and a handful of other vanguard bounties along with the weekly strike each week it'll be quick.
    As soon as you hit level 30 you can start giving the nightfall a bash.
    The nightfall buffs ALL Experience (except Iron Banner) by 20% for the entire week once you've completed it
    but if you get a vanguard bounty it should rank up a crucible armour that you have equipped when you cash it in or else I'm back to being totally confused.

Bounties rank up ANY gear you're wearing regardless.
    But the same amount of XP (50, 75 or 100) will go towards the faction when you turn bounties in, as well as when you do the bounties (10xp per crucible match, 10p per patrol mission completed)
    AdamD wrote: »
    Has iron banner rank reset or not?

It has yes, and reforging old IB weapons does NOT make them 332 damage btw

Totally confused? Welcome to my world!

Glad I'm not the only one.

If it werent for this community to help me half understand the levelling system coupled with the fact I adore the gunplay in this game I'd be long gone.

I'm not bothered about being top level really but if I dont level up I'll be left behind with inferior guns/equipment etc..

One think is ranking up armor and another ranking up vanguard/crucible/IB/factions

When you finish a bounty you will get vanguard reputation or (or crucible/IB depending on the bounty) and XP.

The vanguard rep or crucible/IB rep is what levels gives you reputation (you will increase your vanguard/crucible rep)

The XP is used to level up armor/weapons items

There are different types of bounties

Vanguard (used to level up your Vanguard rank)

Crucible (used to level up your Crucible rank)

IB (same as crucible used to level up your IB rank)

Eris morn (used to level up your Eris morn rank)

The above bounties will increase your vanguard/crucible/ib/eris morn reputation (again, completing them will increase your Vanguard, Crucible, IB etc, depending on which one you have adquired)

But all of them give you XP, so you can rank up your weapons/armor by doing any of them

If you look at the bounty you will see something like

Vanguard marks + 10 (or crucible/IB/Eris morn)
    XP 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's pretty easy particualrly if you use the buff late on. I used it on the Sunday which was the second last day and with one win (including two loser medals) I did 25% of rank 4 to get to rank 5.
    If you're in a good group it's a lot of fun.

can you only buy one buff for the whole thing, or can you buy another each time they expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

cdb wrote: »
    If you want a hand (on PS4) give me a shout. Lad in work here (lvl 30) has it too so might be worth the three of us knocking it out later.

That sounds like a good idea. I'm not playing tonight, going to The Hobbit. But I should be around the rest of the week.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    I can help if I'm on later in the week and not doing anything else

Cool. I'll post up here again at some stage when I have time to take on that strike.

can you only buy one buff for the whole thing, or can you buy another each time they expire?

Last time you could buy one every 12 hours and they lasted 12 hours so provided you had the motes of light you could keep it going. It got far more powerful as the week went on and if you look at Cormac's post you'll see the last day it provides a 140% boost.

There's 3 types of experience.

Character XP
    This is what you used to hit level 20, and each subsequent level after that nets you a Mote of Light.
    Pro Tip: Cursoring over you Level (NOT light level) will show you this.
    Getting character XP will usually give you Armour XP (regardless, since you'll be wearing it) and Weapon XP Provided you actually used the weapon.

So a daily mission at level 30 nets 7500 experience.
    If I do the entire mission with a Handcannon, i'll only be levelling that Hand Cannon with the kills I get.
    But I'll also level my armour up.
    I will NOT get 7500xp towards the Vanguard.
    I wil also NOT get 7500XP towards my armour and weapons, more like a fraction of this, lets say 1/100th

Bounty XP
    This is what you get when you turn in a bounty.
    Provided you are not wearing a DO/NM/FWC class item this will go towards whatever vendor is indicated by the main bounty icon.
    But when turning in a bounty, it will ALSO level ALL weapons and armour you have equipped.
    Pro tip: When ever you get package from the post master for levelling a faction, this also levels you up with whatever you have equipped.

Weapon XP
    Simply put, it's used each time you get a kill with the weapon.

Best bet is to cursor over each event, even dailies, crucible modes, and bounties to see what you get.
    Is it just generic XP? Is it Vanguard XP? Are their Vanguard Marks? etc etc etc

Last time you could buy one every 12 hours and they lasted 12 hours so provided you had the motes of light you could keep it going. It got far more powerful as the week went on and if you look at Cormac's post you'll see the last day it provides a 140% boost.

Yup, but i'd probably start on Sat/Sun.
    Getting 5000 XP is still not that quick given a game takes 10 minutes and you need about 40 games to hit Rank 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

had been holding out to see the Iron Banner gear and was all set to go levelling up but really can't see the point in it now. Feel I'm better to focus on ranking up the Vanguard and get more commendations at this stage. Wonder how long I'll be waiting for Xur to have my exotic gear ready for upgrade.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement