Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Last time you could buy one every 12 hours and they lasted 12 hours so provided you had the motes of light you could keep it going. It got far more powerful as the week went on and if you look at Cormac's post you'll see the last day it provides a 140% boost.

Ah that’s not so bad so, I have 10 motes of light gathering dust, more than enough to see me through the week anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

To be honest I'm kind of relieved to see that the Iron Banner armour is only light level 33. It means I can ignore the event this time and not worry about missing out on anything. I put so many hours into the last event that I'm still a little bored of Control. I'll just concentrate on levelling up my current level 33 armour.

The next Iron Banner will probably be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

To be honest I'm kind of relieved to see that the Iron Banner armour is only light level 33. It means I can ignore the event this time and not worry about missing out on anything. I put so many hours into the last event that I'm still a little bored of Control. I'll just concentrate on levelling up my current level 33 armour.

The next Iron Banner will probably be a different story.

Agreed I wasn't looking forward to spending the rest of the week playing iron banner so happy now to focus on other things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Has anybody yet to kill Xyor the Unwed as part of the Thorn Exotic bounty? I have the mission ready to go but have found it too difficult to solo. There are just so many enemies with different shields that it is too hard to keep switching out weapons without getting killed.

If anyone else is working on the Thorn bounty we could take on Xyor together. I'm playing on PS4.

Picked this up at the weekend, still have a mountain to climb with the PvP part but would be available at the weekend to help out if you still need it by then.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah. I've had that bounty months - stuck on the PvP bit as I don't play a lot of PvP and then the IB wiped my progress 'cos I was using the Suros. Actually have it on two characters now. Really need to finish it off. Have a pretty good void fusion now fully ranked up to 331 so might give it a go in IB with the Epilogue and the Truth.

From rough calculation I think I'm gonna have to spend over 4hrs in crucible hammering away on this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    Picked this up at the weekend, still have a mountain to climb with the PvP part but would be available at the weekend to help out if you still need it by then.

From rough calculation I think I'm gonna have to spend over 4hrs in crucible hammering away on this part.

I found the easiest way to do this was to defend a point in Control with a void fusion rifle. If you are using a voidwalker warlock that definitely helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thorn is a great hand cannon too, better than Timurs Lash and The Last Word.
    Though i've heard the PS Exclusive Hawkmoon is better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »
    I found the easiest way to do this was to defend a point in Control with a void fusion rifle. If you are using a voidwalker warlock that definitely helps.

Yea definitely control but I've got a titan so I'll be debuting my defender for this, magnetic grenade and disintegrate punch are void supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Apologies if this has already been posted on here but it's the first time I've come across it and it makes *allot* of sense. Destiny's catastrophic lack of story cannot have been deliberate given the budget, ambition, development time and high cost actors retained.

This AMA from reddit posted on Bungie.net by an anonymous Bungie employee rings true and explains allot.
    I can confirm that there were sudden and abrupt changes in the development of Destiny less than a year ago.

Then Joe left and everything just fell apart. By the time we were 7 months out to release, word came down that we were making massive revisions to the game's story. Huge portions of dialogue were excised and I think several recordings were redone to support the new narrative. Entire areas that would have been in the final game were removed, but some of the context wasn't, which explains weird reactions from NPCs and strange, unexplained motivations. We had a guy come in to write the grimoire cards who was given access to the original script with notations on what was cut and what needed to be revised in order to make this zombie of a game seem plausible.
    All of the Last City factions had their storylines and dialogue cut, the Guardian's initial introduction to the Tower and the Last City was cut, and ALL the origins were homogenized down to the one originally used for Exo characters.
    Most of what was cut was planned to be re-polished into DLC, but it's all there on the disc. Not all of it is live on the servers, but it's all there on the disc. Some last minute art assets needed to be remade, which is what you'll be downloading.
    HumanCatnip: Will we be seeing these tidbits of dialogue or are they lost to the Darkness forever?

404Architect: I don't know the answer to that. Some of it I doubt will ever see the light of day because it contradicts the story as presented now. Some of it could be repolished and turned into DLC. That is what is happening with some of the locations on Earth and Mars.

The_Prince_of_Wishes: Was Jupiter, Saturn, Europa etc. cut content or still in development?

404Architect: They were still in development.

Fasterthanapigeon: How come the fallen can climb and there are trip wire mines in the intro... But never again?

404Architect: The introduction you know is closest to the original content, which had more robust and cinematic level design. It was originally designed for the Exo introduction but was generalized to represent all guardians closer to launch. The trip mines make a brief appearance again in the published game in the strike where you face Sepkis Prime, whatever that is called now. There were plans to include more dynamic enemy AI, but there was not sufficient time to develop that.

http://www.bungie.net/ga/Forum/Post/70895980/0/0

quad_red wrote: »
    Activision

FYP

This game could have been the 2nd coming of christ if it wasn't for the crap mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Looking forward to IB, even if the buyable rewards aren't tip top. I'll be playing in the hope of getting a new Jolder's Hammer, ****ing love that MG. Good thing I've been saving my Motes, cause they see me rolling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wohoo got the PS exclusive exotic shotgun there from the nightfal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Wohoo got the PS exclusive exotic shotgun there from the nightfal

The Four Horsemen? Nice.
    I've only ever gotten coins and shards. :(

The Four Horsemen? Nice.
    I've only ever gotten coins and shards. :(

Yep,has arc damage aswell

Trying to solo the 1st chest on crota, the bugger wont spawn

Exotic Shotgun You Say?

*points to the vault*

That's where we keep such things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Trying to solo the 1st chest on crota, the bugger wont spawn

did it twice for a total of four radiant energies. :mad:

Cormac... wrote: »
    Exotic Shotgun You Say?

*points to the vault*

That's where we keep such things :p

Not just exotics but all shotguns go in the vault

After trying 20 times, the chest never spawned, joined wes's game and bang it spawned 1st time.

2 shards thankfully, better than any gun now that the armour needs loads of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Level 31 just now.

I'm ready to try the new raid now. But might not get to it till the weekend I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Patch Notes
    Destiny Hot Fix - 12/16/2014

by Destiny Dev Team Dec 16 at ‎6‎:‎37‎:‎13‎ ‎PM
    Comments

• fSHARE
    • tSHARE
    • gSHARE
    1.1.0.2 : The one that followed Expansion I.

This update corrects some issues that were introduced to Destiny with the release of The Dark Below. We are also continuing to support the Destiny sandbox with changes that were identified prior the launch of Expansion I.

General
    • Fixed a typo in the German word for 'Radiant Energy'

Weapons
    • General
      • Fixed an issue in which some weapon projectiles were improperly penetrating Hive shields
    • Pocket Infinity
      • Rolled back changes induced by a previous Exotic weapon update
      • Charge up and deactivation now work as originally designed
      • Players may again encounter a previously known issue which prevents charge up

Gear
    • Both existing and future Raid gear obtained in Crota’s End now begins at Level 30 with an upgrade path to reach Level 32
    • Raid helmet obtained in Crota's End now drops on Normal Mode and will be a more frequent drop on Hard Mode
    • Fixed an issue in which Dead Orbit Hunter cloaks awarded reputation gains for both Dead Orbit and Vanguard/Crucible

Activities
    • Added a replayable node to the Director for the ‘Fist of Crota' mission

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

• Registered Users Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Killed Crota first time tonight, dem feels.

Actually just realised we did the last 3 sections without dying. Only wiped on the start lol

Just got Dragons Breath from the NF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Just got Dragons Breath from the NF

Nice. So whats the verdict? Or does it need upgrading first to know?

Nice. So whats the verdict? Or does it need upgrading first to know?

Needs upgrading first, but Gjally still the BIS Rocket Launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got the Raid Rocket launcher. Looks pretty nice, basically Legendary Gjallarhorn. Only carries 4 rounds tho, with no field scout, so that's a bit ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Did the nightfall with my hunter, got 5 strange coins. Did the nightfall with my warlock, got 9 strange coins. fml :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got Crota beat last night with Generic, Sniper, Wes, Noob and Rossi. Got a load of energies, raid boots and blackhammer (along with a shader and emblem). A little disappointed with the loot but looking forward to checking out Black Hammer. Hope to give the raid another go at some point this week - will transfer armour over to my other titan and run again.

Have to say, I think CE is a bit easier than the VoG was first time around. There are some awkward bits - but everything is doable and understandable, and when we were dying we could still see what we were supposed to be doing and we didn't feel cheated or spammed, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'm confused

My in game banner gives the number 23 indicating I am a level 23. So does the initial splash screen in the app.

But if I got into the legend section of the app it says I'm level 20 with 23 light.

But if I have 23 light I should be level 21 according to online guides?

I'm confused...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

After doing the VOG last night on hard mode and it felt like normal mode and not getting killed at all during the early stages I think its time to step up to the Crota raid on normal now. The extra level of protection from 30 to 31 is not alot but gives you that little extra buff from what would be a death to a non death situation if you get me.....

Got 3 pieces of raid gear (all worse then what I have) the Predtorion Foil Fusion rifle and another vision of confluence. Will be up for a go at the Crota raid tonight if anyone is doing it and has the patience for a new guy popping his cherry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement