Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    The other 3 are the dud exotics.

Please leave my Super Good Advice alone. It's very emotional all the hate it receives. Plus mine is feeling a little left out since I picked up Truth and Dragons Breath. Think I'll cheer it up by buying it a nice exotic shard. Everything likes a new shiny. :p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mida Multi-tool is a great gun but the trouble is it feels like it should be a legendary rather than an exotic as there's no way it gets the slot ahead of ghorn or IB. The speed boost is pretty handy for the first part of crota's end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got next to no coins going to see if I can get 2 weekly done tonight with my 2 characters.

How much are upgrades again.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Varik wrote: »
    Got next to no coins going to see if I can get 2 weekly done tonight with my 2 characters.

Upgrades are 1 Shard = 7 Strange coins and 7,500 Glimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Varik wrote: »

You don't need coin for upgrades do you?
    It's the old exotic, an exotic shard and 7500Gs.
    ah ok unless you have to buy the shard I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Please leave my Super Good Advice alone. It's very emotional all the hate it receives. Plus mine is feeling a little left out since I picked up Truth and Dragons Breath. Think I'll cheer it up by buying it a nice exotic shard. Everything likes a new shiny. :p

The last thing I need is another Solar Heavy weapon
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mida Multi-tool is a great gun but the trouble is it feels like it should be a legendary rather than an exotic as there's no way it gets the slot ahead of ghorn or IB. The speed boost is pretty handy for the first part of crota's end though.

I wouldn't use it over VoC tbh

I'll just leave this here for any new people looking for some great tips:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/85312862/0/0

Looks like those affected by the recent UPC issues (myself included) won't be playing anytime soon.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057347162/1#post93506007

How do I contact Bungie? Will they care?

Anti Cheesing Titan.... so much love

Photgoth goes down with a kick to the nuts

FYI (also robbed from Reddit)

BLACK HAMMER

All of the Crota raid weapons have the bonus damage to hive ultras perk. This works very similar to the VoG perk for oracles where you see extra white numbers on top of your standard damage.

The issue here comes down to the perk, white nail. Three rapid precision shots refills the magazine for free, the problem is the bonus damage is not precision damage, and causes the perk to FAIL. I've tested this on swordbearers, blades of Crota, Omnigul, and the boss at the end of the first TDB mission. All of them failed to reset my ammo after 3 quick precision shots. I tested this a minimum of 5 times at each mob, and I had a friend remove any shields first.

TLDR: The bonus damage from the perk causes the White nail perk to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

There are a couple of threads going about the UPC connection issues on the Bungie forums including

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/85715741/0/0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

nocal wrote: »
    There are a couple of threads going about the UPC connection issues on the Bungie forums including

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/85715741/0/0

Blast cant get to it from work :(

Hunters (Bladedancers) in Crotas End, watch this, seems like a good strategy

Christmas Holidays Inbound

EQQ0ghU.png

Christmas Holidays Available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm on UPC and haven't had any issues today or yesterday, only played for about 2 hours mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm on UPC and haven't had any issues today or yesterday, only played for about 2 hours mind you.

I have had 6 in 20 mins, all random errors so its not just the one problem ffs!!! All this ****e started after the DLC no probs before it.

:mad:

Benzino wrote: »

What was that trick you used to f**k over people who went AFK during strikes?
    Something about dying in a darkness zone?

Also is Patience and Time worth Buying if you have a V2.0 Fully Leveled Ice Breaker and a fully levelled 300 Attack Arc Sniper

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have had 6 in 20 mins, all random errors so its not just the one problem ffs!!! All this ****e started after the DLC no probs before it.

:mad:

When exactly did it start? After the DLC or after the update this week for Iron Banner? At least the thread on Bungie.net is mildly trending, so hopefully Bunige will see it.

I would also guess that each error is logged on their side and they probably look at any spikes in these logs...so the more errors generated the more likely they are to notice them.

What was that trick you used to f**k over people who went AFK during strikes?
    Something about dying in a darkness zone?

Also is Patience and Time worth Buying if you have a V2.0 Fully Leveled Ice Breaker and a fully levelled 300 Attack Arc Sniper

It's very nice. Useful invisibility perk which was very handy on the earth nightfall but tbh I've hardly used it. I have a 331 arc already but I'll probably still buy it for 17 coins or whatever.

When exactly did it start? After the DLC or after the update this week for Iron Banner? At least the thread on Bungie.net is mildly trending, so hopefully Bunige will see it.

I would also guess that each error is logged on their side and they probably look at any spikes in these logs...so the more errors generated the more likely they are to notice them.

My problems only started yesterday I played it on the 16th and 17th no problem so that was after IB.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's probably the best PvP sniper in the game due to the stability and not appearing on the radar while you camp but not worth taking up your exotic slot with in PvE imo.

• Advertisement

It's probably the best PvP sniper in the game due to the stability and not appearing on the radar while you camp but not worth taking up your exotic slot with in PvE imo.

Better than Preadythds Revenge for Stability?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hunters (Bladedancers) in Crotas End, watch this, seems like a good strategy

Thanks, this is excellent, we must practice this during the weekend!

Better than Preadythds Revenge for Stability?

They can both have max stability depending how you set them up. The being off the radar for a few seconds part is what edges it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

They can both have max stability depending how you set them up. The being off the radar for a few seconds part is what edges it for me.

I find it very usefull on nightfalls with arc burn as well it is def one of my favourite weapons.

Def on my top 3

1 IB
    2 Vex
    3 Patience and Time

I dont have th gjallahorn otherwise it would be on 2nd place after the IB

I could leave without any other exotic as I dont find them that special. Suros could probably take the 4th slot but I dont play PvP so I have very little use for it in PvE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I had no issues after dlc but have been getting booted to orbit or back to front page since yesterday evening.

Happened about 8 times last night and 5 or 6 more today.

Also get the "contacting destiny servers" message at the bottom of the screen constantly.

I'm on UPC and Xbox 360 and in Limerick.

bucks73 wrote: »
    I'm on UPC and Xbox 360 and in Limerick.

Jaysus, that's a tough combo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Jaysus, that's a tough combo ;)

A trifecta, if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've never had connection issues with Destiny before. Now I keep getting disconnected and booted to orbit every few minutes. I'm on UPC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

How're we set for that VoG raid tonight Cormac?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Picked up Destiny a week ago on PS4. Also having the UPC issues.

Interestingly enough- at exactly the same time a disconnect happens in Destiny, the podcasts I stream also fail. That indicates to me this issue isn't on the Bungie side...

Many people playing on PS4?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement