Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Many people playing on PS4?

Quite a few of us. It is a very good community building up around the game. Join the PS4 clan and add us as friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Picked up Destiny a week ago on PS4. Also having the UPC issues.

Interestingly enough- at exactly the same time a disconnect happens in Destiny, the podcasts I stream also fail. That indicates to me this issue isn't on the Bungie side...

Many people playing on PS4?

Join the clan in my signature as the main one is full. Then just start adding people. What's your PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

can't just be ps4 though as xbox guys having problems too. Contacted UPC and told they can't help with ps4 issues.
    BF4 is playing fine but can't get into Far Cry4 online?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Join the clan in my signature as the main one is full. Then just start adding people. What's your PSN?

Will do. I am bvdoomhk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well if it keeps up I will drop it like a hot snot, so frustrating the issues. Can see bungie blaming the ISP's and vice versa, could go on for months like this!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well if it keeps up I will drop it like a hot snot, so frustrating the issues. Can see bungie blaming the ISP's and vice versa, could go on for months like this!!!

Its a pain in the arse, let's hope they get it sorted quickly. Rebooting the ps4 and modem helped a bit but it's still happening too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well as a direct result of these disconnects I've switched on my PS3 and am installing Assassin's Creed Rogue. I've been looking for an excuse to drop Destiny but it just keeps pulling me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Got a PS4 today for Xmas with Destiny. Thought I was going mad with all these disconnects, good to know it wasn't just me, and that it's UPC's issue, not Destiny's. Will grab Dragon Age tomorrow and come back to Destiny when these issues are cleared up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just completed Crota for the first time, really like the new raid, the first part is good fun. Was a decent run, got the helmet, chest and gaunlets from it, also got SwordBreaker which I'm disappointed with, was hoping for black hammer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Anyone up for the original raid on xbox one tonight? Happy to do normal or hard, lvl 29 warlock. Not done the raid before and really keen to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    can't just be ps4 though as xbox guys having problems too. Contacted UPC and told they can't help with ps4 issues.

****in stupid Upc.

I'm on an old box so it's not even limited to their horizon package which has a bad reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I'm on one of the older boxes too and never had issues like this. I connect to a work VPN every day and never get disconnected and have no issues with streams or downloading. Beyond infuriating tonight as I'm getting booted to orbit every couple of mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jmdharkness

I am having difficulties connecting to Battlefield 4, "The connection with EA Online was lost". Is there any particular configuration need to get it working on UPC Horizons? I only got the PS4 yesterday and been getting this message.

Think I mayhave fixed the problem by setting my ownDNS settings. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 (Googles).

Getting tired of sorting UPCs problems!

I am on the UPC router TC7200U, funny thing is I was playing crucible and never dropped once in about 10 matches, story drops every 10 mins.

Really Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Think I mayhave fixed the problem by setting my ownDNS settings. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4 (Googles).

Getting tired of sorting UPCs problems!

Tried that and made no difference.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Tried that and made no difference.

Yeah turned out to be coincidence for me. Worked for about an hour then bam, worse than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Yeah turned out to be coincidence for me. Worked for about an hour then bam, worse than ever.

Setting Google dns solved earlier issues so your better off anyway. The secondary should be 8.8.4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Benzino wrote: »
    Just completed Crota for the first time, really like the new raid, the first part is good fun. Was a decent run, got the helmet, chest and gaunlets from it, also got SwordBreaker which I'm disappointed with, was hoping for black hammer!

Congrats, only 769 fireteams(including some other boards members) have beaten Crota since the raid went active last week at the time this weeks Bungie Weekly was published.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Completed the Crota raid myself for the first time as well. Got the chest piece, and fusion rifle. Pretty pleased as it was just with a bunch of randoms off LFG. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Up to lvl 4 1/2 with Iron Banner and still nothing but bloody ships. Is there anything more useless to get as a drop than a ship?

All I want for Christmas is a new Jolder's Hammer, I've been good this year, I swear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

One of the points in Bungies end of year update:
    Atheon has been shattered 2.4 Million times
    At least a dozen of those kills were without cheese

Up to lvl 4 1/2 with Iron Banner and still nothing but bloody ships. Is there anything more useless to get as a drop than a ship?

All I want for Christmas is a new Jolder's Hammer, I've been good this year, I swear.

How can you be good and abuse toilets at the same time???

:pac:

• Game sounds complicated to get back into...I think I packed it in sometime after level 20....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Been trying for ages now to get a decent auto rifle or sniper rifle. Really need it for VOG. Only my 2nd time playing it last night and had to drop off around the 2nd area so thanks to the guys for inviting me. Really must read up on it as I hasn't a clue what was going on really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I am having difficulties connecting to Battlefield 4, "The connection with EA Online was lost". Is there any particular configuration need to get it working on UPC Horizons? I only got the PS4 yesterday and been getting this message.

I don't have horizons, have the old set up. Just put in the disc and there was no problem. Did you try posting on the BF4 thread?

Getting kicked again today on destiny. 10 minutes-30 minutes-15 minutes........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I don't have horizons, have the old set up. Just put in the disc and there was no problem. Did you try posting on the BF4 thread?

Getting kicked again today on destiny. 10 minutes-30 minutes-15 minutes........

It's been better thus morning for me, only 5 kicks to orbit in the last 2 hours. Still not great but better than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody on Xbox one starting a new Guardian ? I've a level four on the go and was wondering if anyone wanted a hand running through the story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Encountered another form of asshat behaviour, was doing a strike and some guy kept killing us with his sparrow... Sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Benzino wrote: »
    Encountered another form of asshat behaviour, was doing a strike and some guy kept killing us with his sparrow... Sigh

If you were standing around its totally justified :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement