Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

thebag89 wrote: »
    You need to kill 500 hive with it

Ah OK, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Benzino wrote: »
    Ah OK, thanks!

You'll also need to get to level 3 or 4 with Eris to buy the upgrade Embalming Orb

• Registered Users Posts: 24 anto gt

I managed to get all my bounties done with out being disconnected. Hopefully it stays working over Xmas

You'll also need to get to level 3 or 4 with Eris to buy the upgrade Embalming Orb

Yeah already have the orb :-)

Yeah already have the orb :-)

Lucky you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Starting the grind with new char tonight as the disconnections are so bad....jump in if not doing anything lads and giz a hand. Already started a hunter 2 days ago and is now lvl 25.

Titan is only lvl 4.....also is it better to go attack or defense with titan. All my other chars are attack so might stick to def. with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Titan defender is one of the most useful PVE subclasses in the game imo. Up there with sunsinger.

Striker is great for PVP

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Hey Wonda, accept the friend request from GoosOnStilts if you want help.

No Destiny for me now until after Christmas, hopefully the disconnects will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I don't want to jinx it but out of curiousity I played about 10 games of crucible. No disconnects.
    Then played the daily story and again no disconnects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I don't want to jinx it but out of curiousity I played about 10 games of crucible. No disconnects.
    Then played the daily story and again no disconnects.
    I managed 3 hours earlier with only one disconnect. Hopefully it's some way to being sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am on the UPC router TC7200U, funny thing is I was playing crucible and never dropped once in about 10 matches, story drops every 10 mins.

Really Really annoying.

Same here, PvP was grand
    Up to lvl 4 1/2 with Iron Banner and still nothing but bloody ships. Is there anything more useless to get as a drop than a ship?

All I want for Christmas is a new Jolder's Hammer, I've been good this year, I swear.

I don't think Jolders Hammer is gonna drop this time.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Dosnt seem to work, here is link http://youtu.be/XakNJgOrsHU

Lol, Run Rossi RUN!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Played from about 8pm till 10mins ago no disconnects, Happy days ....Top of the Pops.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Cormac... wrote: »

I don't think Jolders Hammer is gonna drop this time.

Don't you jinx me, I still have 2 days :P

IB sniper is pretty decent, finally managed to roll it with field scout and firefly, with void damage. Quite a slow rate of fire though.

The Auto is another high rate of fire/ low impact meh affair.

Rolled the scout with Luck in the Chamber, explosive rounds and Third Eye, pretty decent combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hey Guys,

If anyone is on during the week on xbox one doing either of the raids/heroics or nightfalls and are stuck for numbers , can you please add me, really need to get some shards to get to 30. All I seem to be getting is energy. My GT is Manchester Utd.

THanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Nice GT... :) I'll add you later... quite often stuck for a 6th on raid for the xbone and I'm in the same boat re shards... GT: Sharperkiller

Cheers
    Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hoping to do a Weekly strike tonight around 8pm if anyone fancies helping me.
    Have yet to do one so need to start building up those coins.
    Can't understand why Bungie pair you with randomers for everything else but the weekly and nightfall strikes and VOG. At least give the option to people if they can't get a fireteam going.

oh yeah..I'm on PS4 GT-A1rblazer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Blazer wrote: »
    Hoping to do a Weekly strike tonight around 8pm if anyone fancies helping me.
    Have yet to do one so need to start building up those coins.
    Can't understand why Bungie pair you with randomers for everything else but the weekly and nightfall strikes and VOG. At least give the option to people if they can't get a fireteam going.

oh yeah..I'm on PS4 GT-A1rblazer

I understand why they dont pair you with raids but not so much with Nightfalls.

Randomers really wouldn't have enough patience to do the entire raid, you would need some sort of commitment to do them, I doulbt you could complete one with randomers.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    I understand why they dont pair you with raids but not so much with Nightfalls.

Randomers really wouldn't have enough patience to do the entire raid, you would need some sort of commitment to do them, I doulbt you could complete one with randomers.

You say that but you've actually completed raids with tonnes of randomers from destinylfg and the like. I think matchmaking should be introduced after a certain period for raids. It would work fine for VoG now as the mechanics are so well known but CE is too new to get away with it yet.

Yeah, I'd say I've completed 90% of the raids I have done with randomers from destiny lfg. Generally raid at awkward times so don't get to do it with the clan.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'd say I've completed 90% of the raids I have done with randomers from destiny lfg. Generally raid at awkward times so don't get to do it with the clan.

Im in the same boat, but have never used DestinyLFG. How would you rate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've had nothing but good experiences using it. I'd say I have done the raid 4 times using fireteams created on Destinylfg.net

I've also done a good few Nightfalls using the site too. Again, it was a good experience.

I find it good, it's very active so you usually find people very quick. Every team I've joined have been good and in most cases sound but of course that is not always the case.

People also do be looking to start from specific checkpoints so that's handy if all you wanna do is a specific section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You say that but you've actually completed raids with tonnes of randomers from destinylfg and the like. I think matchmaking should be introduced after a certain period for raids. It would work fine for VoG now as the mechanics are so well known but CE is too new to get away with it yet.

I do but put it this way, how many times have you started playing a strike and ended up playing solo because the other two guys were either standing at the spawn or doing how knows what.

This is because when you use the matchmaking it takes very little effort, you just need to select the strike and click on lauch, you also dont really need to know much whats going on. During strikes I never use team chats as not everyone might have mics or want to use it, but when you got to lfg or bungie.net you have people who are ready to play, you can filter by selecting specific people (eg, with mic, experience, only 29+ etc) or checkpoints, which is something it isnt a problem on a strike.

But even randomers in forums like bungie or destinylfg can be a pain, sometimes I can find a team and complete it in 40 minutes, other times it could take us 40 minutes to just complete one part!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bohrio wrote: »
    I do but put it this way, how many times have you started playing a strike and ended up playing solo because the other two guys were either standing at the spawn or doing how knows what.

This is because when you use the matchmaking it takes very little effort, you just need to select the strike and click on lauch, you also dont really need to know much whats going on. During strikes I never use team chats as not everyone might have mics or want to use it, but when you got to lfg or bungie.net you have people who are ready to play, you can filter by selecting specific people (eg, with mic, experience, only 29+ etc) or checkpoints, which is something it isnt a problem on a strike.

But even randomers in forums like bungie or destinylfg can be a pain, sometimes I can find a team and complete it in 40 minutes, other times it could take us 40 minutes to just complete one part!

I still think they should put something in the tower - the equivalent of being able to write on a billboard - "vault of glass - starting in 10 minutes - message #your gamertag" and once you leave the tower, the message deletes.

It could even be done with the postmaster or that other useless urchin that hands out the special orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah but a key point to this is that people who go to the LFG website and then bother adding people on psn and setting up a party chat are showing some degree of commitment, you're normally talking 10 minutes to set yourself up for a raid via LFG, you'll only do that if you're committed to doing the raid. With matchmaking it takes 2 seconds and there's a decent chance people will do it with no idea of what it entails or how long its going to take.

Nightfalls however could work with matchmaking, though that would likely remove the option to solo them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Had the Husk of the pit gun or whatever its called drop today, when doing some Eris bounties, and as luck would have it, I hit level 3 with her yesterday. Upgraded the gun to Eidon's, and not too sure about it. I do like the idea of upgrading the gun from common all the way to an exotic, but not too sure it will be worth it, as its just seems like it will end up being as an arc burn version of Atheon's epilogue, that also takes up an exotic slot.

FYI. You don't need to kill hive with the Husk, just need to have it equipped.

Edit : scratch that, just tested it myself and it's not true. Damn Internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

How are the UPC connection issues? I tried and failed to start a story mission tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've not no real problems the last 2 days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement