Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got my third guardian to 31. Thanks for the help with the weekly and nightfall Bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

How are the UPC connection issues? I tried and failed to start a story mission tonight.

No disconnects here tonight anyway. Six of us completed VoG ok, no dropouts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No disconnects here tonight. Perhaps tomorrow I can start to get to know people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

No disconnections for the last 2 days.....started tonight at 8 and finished just now all good.

There really is a SANTA!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I played a few drunken games of iron banner last night. No disconnects. Plenty of very poor shooting on my side though.

Might start back into the daily/weekly this evening. If I'm doin one and anyone's on feel free to join me. I'll join ye if I see you're playin them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got the Thorn bounty...is it worth doing it?
    I had the exotic patience and time exotic sniper but got a new legendary Sniper rifle which matches it in damage etc so wondering if it's worthwhile even doing the bounty for a exotic weapon if the new legendary's match them.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

daily/weekly this evening. If I'm doin one and anyone's on feel free to join me. I'll join ye if I see you're playin them.

Same here lads ;)

Managed to get the Crota's end first chest with my 3 characters ... awesome.

Now, i must say ... Haven't completed it yet - only did the 3 first sections, and already got Gauntlet + Chest armor ... ? is it dropping more easily than the VOG ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So this weeks nightfall is the Nexus

Nexus

Epic
    Nightfall
    Void Burn
    Juggler
    Angry
    Weekly

Juggler
    Heroic

I like the nexus, is short, watch out for those minotaurs.

Bohrio wrote: »
    So this weeks nightfall is the Nexus

Nexus

Epic
    Nightfall
    Void Burn
    Juggler
    Angry
    Weekly

Juggler
    Heroic

I like the nexus, is short, watch out for those minotaurs.

God damn disappearing then reappearing minotaurs.

You think you have them with your fusion rifle then the ****er disappears just as the shot goes off!! Argh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I should be on for playing either the Weekly or Nightfall strike tonight at 8pm. Won't have my mic on at that time but join me if you see me playing. It really takes two people to finish the strike. One to kill the Nexus, the other to watch out for that pesky minotaur that keeps respawning behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I'll be on around 8 also, looking to get round to completing a VoG normal raid finally if anyone's interested, new mic purchased so ready to rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

onlyTobes wrote: »
    I'll be on around 8 also, looking to get round to completing a VoG normal raid finally if anyone's interested, new mic purchased so ready to rock.

Sent an invite last night for you to do the raid with us mate.....but you were very anti social.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Got very lucky in the Iron Banner after a very frustrating start:
    My last match I managed to get enough rep to level to rank 4.
    Found Perun's Fire on my LAST match!
    While farming Glimmer, got a decoherant engram which decoded to The Cure, legendary Rocket launcher.
    Had enough Glimmer and rep to get a pair of Gloves and Boots.

In all honesty I was about to pack it in so many times and had such a good run before I switched off for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Had my first run of the VoG raid on normal last night with a gang from LFG.net? It was pretty intense and took absolutely ages to do. We had only 1 lvl 30 and I was lvl 29 then 2 28's a 26 and a 25.

We struggled a lot and came within an inch of killing Atheon a number of times but we just couldn't get it over the finish line and it was reaching ridiculous o'clock. Loved every minute of it though I have to say and can't wait to try it again.

Doing it with a more experienced crew of appropriately levelled folks would make it much easier I daresay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Slightly off-(but on)-topic. For those that use the Vita to play Destiny, get yourselves the Nyko Power Grip. Got one yesterday from Amazon and it is an instant improvement in comfort and control. Personally, I had to hold the system with my fingertips, thumbs going in directions they shouldn't, and fingers cramping from hovering over the shoulder buttons. No more. With the grips, it is now a viable option for long term play if you've got ham hands.

djkeogh wrote: »
    Doing it with a more experienced crew of appropriately levelled folks would make it much easier I daresay

Join the Boards.ie clan started by Cormac, you should be able to get crew together.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get a commendation for either Vanguard or Crucible?

On a side note, does anyone know how to get a commendation for either Vanguard or Crucible?

You get commendations every time you rank up either Vanguard or the other factions. From level 2 I believe.

Join the Boards.ie clan started by Cormac, you should be able to get crew together.

Rank them up

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sent an invite last night for you to do the raid with us mate.....but you were very anti social.

:D

Sorry bud, was working till midnight, prob see you later!

I'm trying to rank up Future War Cult, will I still earn commendations?
    Also do you spend commendations or if you earn a commendation do you stay at that level?

• Advertisement

I'm trying to rank up Future War Cult, will I still earn commendations?

You will indeed. One commendation for every new level achieved.
    Also do you spend commendations or if you earn a commendation do you stay at that level?

Commendations are needed to buy 2 pieces of the armour sold by the vendor, chest and boots I believe. You will also need a commendation if you wish to purchase a faction weapon.

You can have multiple commendations in your inventory. You do not need to spend a commendation before you can achieve a new rank in your chosen faction.

You can have multiple commendations in your inventory. You do not need to spend a commendation before you can achieve a new rank in your chosen faction.

Thanks SolvableKnave, so you do spend the commendations? Once you use it you need to earn a new commendation?

Thanks SolvableKnave, so you do spend the commendations? Once you use it you need to earn a new commendation?

Pretty much. The Vanguard chest piece costs 75 Vanguard Marks and 1 Vanguard Commendation. If you then wanted to buy the helm, that would require 120 Marks and another Commendation.

Think of commendations as similar to Strange Coins.

And, as Harvey Norman is fond of saying: "Once they're gone, they're gone". You would need to earn another Commendation to purchase something that requires a Commendation to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

In an hour of Destiny I just got Plan C, Patience and Time and the Mida Multitool.

AdamD wrote: »
    In an hour of Destiny I just got Plan C, Patience and Time and the Mida Multitool.

Somebody has been praying to RNGesus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Have they changed the faction ranking so that now you only get a commendation and nothing else? I leveled up FWC and Crucible yesterday and got nothing for it.

Was quite jealous this morning, Conovar gets the Calming as Nightfall drop. Only been leveling FWC for 2 months trying to get that.

Also, apparently Jolder's Hammer wasn't in the loot table for IB 3. That would have been nice to know 90hrs ago....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have they changed the faction ranking so that now you only get a commendation and nothing else? I leveled up FWC and Crucible yesterday and got nothing for it.

Was quite jealous this morning, Conovar gets the Calming as Nightfall drop. Only been leveling FWC for 2 months trying to get that.

Also, apparently Jolder's Hammer wasn't in the loot table for IB 3. That would have been nice to know 90hrs ago....:(

I got a legendary sniper rifle for levelling up New Monarchy.

Three nighfalls done and got a legendary sniper, no back up plans and the crest of alpha luphi. Had just bought both exotics from Xur the last two weeks. Then got the first chest in Croatas End and got Thunderlord. It was a good hour and a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got the Nightfall and Weekly done pretty quickly tonight thanks to a couple of players from the Clan.

I also got a couple of new weapons recently - Up For Anything and Another NitC.

Anyone know if they are any good? I am looking for a new main primary weapon.

• Advertisement

So I didn't know what I was accepting to play in there lads. Thanks sniper for the invite. Seems I got a nice exotic for my 2seconds of play. Sorry about that. Feel bad that one of ye didn't get it instead. **** like that never happens me which is funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement