Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just got Hardlight from the Nightfall. Not mad aboit auto rifles with that kind of ROF but it sounds cool

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jordanator

Hey guys is anyone running the vog or new raid? I'm a level 28 Titan and I really haven't played the raid aspect of destiny fully yet... Seems I can never get people to play. Anyway if you're up for it let me know! Add jordanator on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So I didn't know what I was accepting to play in there lads. Thanks sniper for the invite. Seems I got a nice exotic for my 2seconds of play. Sorry about that. Feel bad that one of ye didn't get it instead. **** like that never happens me which is funny.

No problem, we just invited you so that you could open the chest, Hawkmoon is a great handcannon. I ended up getting my third Suros Regime in 2 weeks from that chest:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

No problem, we just invited you so that you could open the chest, Hawkmoon is a great handcannon. I ended up getting my third Suros Regime in 2 weeks from that chest:pac:.

Delighted with the handcannon. Need to get used to it now. Should come in very handy in pvp in particular.

I'll take one of your Suros's. Lol

I hit 90 hours of gameplay last night!!

10 more to the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone around today on Xbox to do the weeklys or raids?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Crota's raid gear looks great, much better than the vault of glass. Got all 4 pieces but will take about a month to upgrade them all,depressing that.

Benzino wrote: »
    Crota's raid gear looks great, much better than the vault of glass. Got all 4 pieces but will take about a month to upgrade them all,depressing that.

Indeed, three pieces like I have will cost 63 radiant shards to fully upgrade and you can get weeks that you don't get a single shard and exchanging radiant materials from Eris will use all your black wax idols pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm 6 shards short :( no way I'm getting Eris to rank 4 anytime soon but should get the shards next week

It almost makes me wanna quit the game. I feel the day is coming soon in which I'll get that "what a complete waste of time this is" moment that I got when I was addicted to WoW years ago.

It almost makes me wanna quit the game. I feel the day is coming soon in which I'll get that "what a complete waste of time this is" moment that I got when I was addicted to WoW years ago.

All the upgrading etc is addicting to a point but for me it's the gameplay that keeps me coming back. The crucible is just so much fun. The strikes never get old and I'm sure if I was able to commit the time and have a mic turned on the raids would be the cherry on top.

I played patrol earlier for about an hour just to get my vangaurd up to 2 so I could the final bit of post DLC legendary armour. Didn't feel like a grind tbh as I was just enjoying shooting ****.

If the gun play wasn't so f'in tight and satisfying though I'd say a lot of people would be long gone at this point.

• Advertisement

All the upgrading etc is addicting to a point but for me it's the gameplay that keeps me coming back. The crucible is just so much fun. The strikes never get old and I'm sure if I was able to commit the time and have a mic turned on the raids would be the cherry on top.

I played patrol earlier for about an hour just to get my vangaurd up to 2 so I could the final bit of post DLC legendary armour. Didn't feel like a grind tbh as I was just enjoying shooting ****.

If the gun play wasn't so f'in tight and satisfying though I'd say a lot of people would be long gone at this point.

Ah yeah, the gunplay is so tight, probably the best you can get in the last few years. Just speaking from my experience with WoW (which is one of the best games I've ever played).

Ah yeah, the gunplay is so tight, probably the best you can get in the last few years. Just speaking from my experience with WoW (which is one of the best games I've ever played).

Definitely not doubting what you're saying. I'm just wondering will the traditional part of the game ie the online multiplayer shooting keep people goin alongside the day to day grind. Has for me so far anyway. The whole thing still feels fresh. That said if I ever feel like I'm farming for spirit bloom again for any sort of prolonged period the game will most definitely be turned off.

Definitely not doubting what you're saying. I'm just wondering will the traditional part of the game ie the online multiplayer shooting keep people goin alongside the day to day grind. Has for me so far anyway. The whole thing still feels fresh. That said if I ever feel like I'm farming for spirit bloom again for any sort of prolonged period the game will most definitely be turned off.

Oh I think it has some legs in it yet. Like you said, the gunplay is great and the new raid is fun, I'd say a lot will be playing it till the sequel comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

At this point I've decided now to bother attempting to reach level 32. I'm level 31 right now which is fine. I've seen what it will take to get to 32 and I'm not doing that. After the DLC experience I know that I can just buy my way to probably level 33 or 34 with the next DLC.

Oh I think it has some legs in it yet. Like you said, the gunplay is great and the new raid is fun, I'd say a lot will be playing it till the sequel comes out.

I really hope they don't go down the sequel route for quite some time.

At the beginning of this Destiny lark it was meant to have a 10year life span.

I know they want to make as much money as they can and a sequel can do that but personally id love to see them work with this game, grow it, develop it, tweak, etc...

Probably won't happen but I can dream.

I know they want to make as much money as they can and a sequel can do that but personally id love to see them work with this game, grow it, develop it, tweak, etc...

I thought it was a 10 span for the franchise, could be wrong. I think we will see a sequel by 2017, which is fair enough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Has the regular PS crew knocked out the Raids this week? Been taking a couple days break after marathon Iron Banner sessions this past week.

Has the regular PS crew knocked out the Raids this week? Been taking a couple days break after marathon Iron Banner sessions this past week.

Yeah, knocked out Crota and VoG yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

I've not done either AbusesToilets. Can join you if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't done either. Now with Christmas might not get a chance till the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Hey guys, Looking for some people to play with! 7 shards shy of 32. If anyone needs a hand on the raids or anything else send me a friend request. PSN YeracNeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Is anyone else having problems getting on to destiny tonight. Also if anyone wants to do the vog raid or the final part of crota I'm free for the next 3 hours. Psn MADMADRA32 folks thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have not done the VOG this week or CE at all....so will be on for both tonight (will have a few brewskies on me, but what the hell)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have not done the VOG this week or CE at all....so will be on for both tonight (will have a few brewskies on me, but what the hell)

Should be fun, i could be on for a hard VoG

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

You must have missed this while you were playing Destiny!
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138459-Destiny-2-Has-Already-Been-Announced
    During a post-earnings financial call last week, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg made the announcement, stating that additional expansion packs were underway as well, making the slate of future Destiny content quite full. For a game that's only celebrated a few months of having been available via retail, the fact that the next title is already being worked on is quite startling.

You'll probably be able to get to level 50 in Destiny 2.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Should be fun, i could be on for a hard VoG

I'm up for either lads, what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Happy Birthday Jesus. Happy Christmas to all. I'll just leave this here for your enjoyment: http://youtu.be/ZCsOnWLgr34

Game is REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF, cant play this morning says it cant log into the PSN network and the PSN network is fine. This is the new Battlefield full of **** bugs that render the game pointless. Really need to get their **** together.......

****in clowns Bungie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Game is REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF, cant play this morning says it cant log into the PSN network and the PSN network is fine. This is the new Battlefield full of **** bugs that render the game pointless. Really need to get their **** together.......

****in clowns Bungie.

More than likely it's because of all the new Christmas PS4s logging on and congesting the PSN, and nothing to do with Bungie.

• Advertisement

More than likely it's because of all the new Christmas PS4s logging on and congesting the PSN, and nothing to do with Bungie.

How so.....the PSN network is fine my end!

Its the game saying that "IT" cannot connect to the PSN network so the problem is Destiny end.

I was in buying DLC content for the little ones wrestling game and getting themes so the PSN is totally fine. This crap along with the disconnections is not acceptable....but the majority of gamers think its part and parcel of online gaming and accept it.

If it continues I will not buy another game from them on any platform. Stop playing BF series after the disaster that was BF4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement