Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'll be on later we can finish Crota or run VoG

No problem! Unlikely I will be online on PSN today by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »

Bring it back and get your money back :) looks nice in white though.

Bring it back and get your money back :) looks nice in white though.

Ah no, I knew what I was getting into, I am sure Sony will look after their people once they got everything sorted

I like it in white as well, but I know is going to get dirty soon, specially the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

This is getting annoying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hey,

Gt is Manchester Utd , been on destiny lfg trying to find people on Xbox, I've only done the VoG on normal and haven't done CE yet, if you ever see me on and are stuck for number throw me and invite , thanks
    We ran it twice yesterday evening and were short of numbers so had to pick up randoms. What's your GT I don't think I have you on my friends list.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one having issues today? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bohrio wrote: »

Log in via a browser and resend the verification email via the browser, seems to come through about 10 mins later but not at all from the console....

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

it's working for me today.

joined a group of Dutch lads to from the bridge on a CE run... it was cheese fest... even Crota ... got black hammer out of it though!!!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Log in via a browser and resend the verification email via the browser, seems to come through about 10 mins later but not at all from the console....

tried that as well, no luck so far!

Lost count of how many times I've restarted the router and console. Updated the firmware. Nada. Not a dickie bird. Still can't connect via ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Have you tried going in to your network setting and changing your MTU setting to 1473. Thats what got me back online earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

it's working for me today.

joined a group of Dutch lads to from the bridge on a CE run... it was cheese fest... even Crota ... got black hammer out of it though!!!

Same :D Delighted because I still havent managed to get my hands on Ice Breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think I've found my new favourite gun in the game. Thorn is so much fun to use :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Silly question perhaps but I joined a party chat last night but couldn't hear anyone, the party leader had a red bar beside their name - this was after playing PvP with voice chat enabled. I changed the option in the voice setting in-game but it made no difference. Can anyone tell me what Voice options they have set?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Same here, no voice or party chat with 2 friends last night.
    Prob PSN not at full functionality yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Same here, no voice or party chat with 2 friends last night.
    Prob PSN not at full functionality yet?

Nope thats nothing new. Voice chat on psn is pretty flaky, not unusual for that to happen to someone in a raid party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

With the kids and mrs away yesterday, I gave Destiny a full days whack. The first time and the last time I'll get a full days gaming.

And they have really, really nailed the shooter mechanics. Going to other games now feels clunky, wrong.

But the absence of any narrative and the extent to how incoherent the story is is pretty amazing. Dinklebot is so amazingly crap. I think I finished the story yesterday but it was really unclear and underwhelming.

While ironing workshirts last night I threw on a few of the new Halo 2 cutscenes and I realised that what Destiny lacked was any sense of humour or charm.

They didn't add anything with the Dark Below (which I attempted at level 25 and failed abysmally). Will they add something with the second DLC?

Am starting to get the hang of the crucible though now that i'm getting to know the levels. Eighteen kills in Twilight Gap, oh yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Finally, finally, finally. On the 5th day I'm able to reconnect to PSN after fiddling the MTU value. Now to find some time during the day to complete 2x weeklys, nightfall and raids before tomorrows reroll :P

More importantly, I managed to visit Xur and get my Gjallarhorn Xurvised.

And the rich get richer. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

crota raiding party tonight? haven't had a chance to raid this week and would like to get it done at least once before the reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

What time Mitch?

• Advertisement

makes no odds to me, whenever suits 5 other people/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did nightfall during the week, but i've no memory of it.

Anyone for either of the Raids VOG hard or Crota, or the other weekly (up for nightfall again if anyone needs it).

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I'd love a HM VOG this evening !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jennyjoy

With VOG on Venus and Crota on the Moon. Where does everyone think the House of Wolves raid is going to be. Seeing it's a group Fallen who have betrayed the Queen of the Reef, do you think it will be on the Reef or maybe on Earth. Just looking to get every ones opinions and thoughts. Love the game Bungie has done well with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

makes no odds to me, whenever suits 5 other people/

Love to get in on some of that action, haven't done CE yet just the first chest. Wouldn't mind tackling VOG either, the search for shards continues.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

jennyjoy wrote: »
    With VOG on Venus and Crota on the Moon. Where does everyone think the House of Wolves raid is going to be. Seeing it's a group Fallen who have betrayed the Queen of the Reef, do you think it will be on the Reef or maybe on Earth. Just looking to get every ones opinions and thoughts. Love the game Bungie has done well with this one

Would be cool if it was the reef since it would be somewhere new to explore but lets face it, it will probably take place somewhere already in game.

There will surely be something on Venus involving the Citadel as part of that DLC though as there's clearly an area we can't access yet there, though that seems to be a Vex area so not sure how it would tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yea I'd have to venture the reef for the next one, gotta be a major tough one.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would be cool if it was the reef since it would be somewhere new to explore but lets face it, it will probably take place somewhere already in game.

There will surely be something on Venus involving the Citadel as part of that DLC though as there's clearly an area we can't access yet there, though that seems to be a Vex area so not sure how it would tie in.

I am certain i have read bungie state the dlc add ons will run though public areas - so any missions/strikes have to be in current usual locations. I could see the raid itself taking place in the reef though - as there is only the very beginning of crota that starts in a public area.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

jennyjoy wrote: »

How accurate has this been for the 1st DLC?
    http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-19504-Destiny--The-Dark-Below---House-of-Wolves-Expansions---The-Ultimate-Guide.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

What is actually going on in Destiny? A wild theory about the traveler.
    I was patrolling around the moon yesterday and was silently stalking Fallen Dregs trying to listen to alien banter. I moved too close and startled one of them, who turned around and gurgled in broken english (kind of how the Grunts in Halo did) “It’s the Darkness!” before firing away at me… Wait.

Are. We. The. Darkness?

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense… WHY ELSE would aliens be relentlessly fighting us without much justification? Although I can’t explain why the alien factions would be fighting each other. Maybe the Traveller is a weapon and we simply don’t know it because we’re under its spell? And the alien factions don’t trust each other with the Traveller’s power?
    Damn… This is why I love the open ended narrative Bungie creates, it eventually gets sifted down and sharpened over years of questions and added content to the worlds.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/a-wild-theory-about-destinys-story/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement