Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Think I might get enough Vanguard marks tonight to hit 26. Might I be in any way useful in strikes etc now? I tend to get on around 11 at night....

Would be interested to know that as well. Am level 25 and got completely blown away attempting the Dark Below (on my own, in fairness).

A few folks on here commented that level 30/31 players aren't interested in babysitting players who can't hold their own in a strike.

So at what level can a player be said to be able to 'compete'/contribute properly in strikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

quad_red wrote: »
    Would be interested to know that as well. Am level 25 and got completely blown away attempting the Dark Below (on my own, in fairness).

A few folks on here commented that level 30/31 players aren't interested in babysitting players who can't hold their own in a strike.

So at what level can a player be said to be able to 'compete'/contribute properly in strikes?

I'll be on tonight if anyone needs a hand, don't mind helping others out on strikes, I was that soldier too!

Lvl 30 hunter, although not exceptionally good in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quad_red wrote: »

If you can't manage the highest level strike run the one a level or two below. You will still get your vanguard marks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

onlyTobes wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight if anyone needs a hand, don't mind helping others out on strikes, I was that soldier too!

I'll be on tonight, would love the hand :) bvdoomhk on psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,026 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody on Xbox one want to do the nightfalls now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bohrio wrote: »
    So this weeks nightfall is Omnigul again with solar burn...

Bit repetitive though we only had it two weeks ago

Great, waiting for a good nightfall for doing the pocket infinity bounty, this one is probably the best with the number of thrawls etc in the first room.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

whats your xbox GT and ill add you, wont be on till tonight though as in work but off the next 2 days, so should be on a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great, waiting for a good nightfall for doing the pocket infinity bounty, this one is probably the best with the number of thrawls etc in the first room.

What time you planing on doing it sniper, ill come on whenever to do them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Anyone yet to do the thorn exotic bounty? Will be helping a fellow boardsie this evening if anyone wants to jump in. PS4 (ftw)

Have the Thorn, Bad JuJu and Pocket infinity still to complete, the crucible parts are what kill me as I don't spend much time in there, just need about 90 more kills for the pocket infinity though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

cdb wrote: »
    Anyone yet to do the thorn exotic bounty? Will be helping a fellow boardsie this evening if anyone wants to jump in. PS4 (ftw)

I need to do the last step of this bounty (Kill Xyor). Can you add me please and I'll be online tonight. Level 28 Warlock - DrTalos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

kencleary wrote: »
    I need to do the last step of this bounty (Kill Xyor). Can you add me please and I'll be online tonight. Level 28 Warlock - DrTalos.

I'm still at the crucible stage. Did help someone do the last leg that you're on the other day. It'll be pretty hard for a level 28 but not impossible. Do you have to get the kill shot on Xyor when doing the bounty or can you just shoot him a few times?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

onlyTobes wrote: »

:) You on PSN or Live, onlyTobes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Have the Thorn, Bad JuJu and Pocket infinity still to complete, the crucible parts are what kill me as I don't spend much time in there, just need about 90 more kills for the pocket infinity though

I should have said we'll be doing the final 'kill Xyor' part of the thorn bounty which comes after the Crucible part of the Thorn bounty.

If you want to get the crucible bit done - where you have to get 500 points with Void damage (+5 for a kill, -2 for a death) its very do-able. I found playing control with a void fusion and void heavy weapon the handiest.

Some tips that helped - more camping and less John Rambo gung-ho style play works great, stick with your teammates and you'll die less often. Use the radar to anticipate enemies - with the longer charge time on fusion rifles you can get the drop on them. If you have void grenades equip them and be sure to grab the green ammo and the heavy ammo when it appears. Takes a while but you'll do it no worries.

Cool, thanks for the tips, ill try a bit tonight, ill have to dust off The Trolley Problem and Arighans Blossom and upgrade them while im going

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mcsirl wrote: »

I must be the only one who abandoned those..I had the quests for Thorn and the pulse rifle and said to hell with it..I really couldn't be bothered grinding for it..will hold onto my coins and buy an exotic off Xur when there's a decent gun for sale.

thanks to the 2 lads who invited in for the strikes this morning...got a legendary scout rifle and a crapload of coins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

kencleary wrote: »

I need to do this too. Might be online tonight.

Blazer wrote: »
    I must be the only one who abandoned those..I had the quests for Thorn and the pulse rifle and said to hell with it..I really couldn't be bothered grinding for it..will hold onto my coins and buy an exotic off Xur when there's a decent gun for sale.

Ah have been very tempted myself, but have heard since the buff they are now quite usefull and seeing as my last exotic bounty Super Good Advice was complete pants id hold on to them and get to them eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just got my second ever exotic random drop in my 150+ of playing and it is first exotic weapon drop. I got the Dragon's Breath rocketlauncher

Nice, what did you get it from ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got it from the first chest in the crota raid(which I still haven't done)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

wexdevil wrote: »
    Got it from the first chest in the crota raid(which I still haven't done)

Nice. It'll be useful on the NF this week.

I also still have not done the Crota Raid. The mad rush to get everything sorted in work before taking a Christmas break meant I never got a chance. Gonna make it my mission to get it done this week while I'm off.

Having watched some footage, it seems way handier than VoG. Far fewer mechanics to worry about. Seems like an extended strike.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    What time you planing on doing it sniper, ill come on whenever to do them

I'll probably be doing it around 3-3.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'll probably be doing it around 3-3.30.

Got them done and got nothing

Just trying to get the 1st chest on scrota now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got them done and got nothing

Just trying to get the 1st chest on scrota now

Could be worse, I finished it 3 times and all my 3 characters today from beginning to end and all I got is shards and energies

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Level 32 :cool:

Just had the worst run of rewards I've ever seen anyone get from the VoG on hard mode. The three chests we opened were all shards/energy as were all the checkpoints, except Atheon where I got shards and the ship:pac::pac::pac::pac::(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just had the worst run of rewards I've ever seen anyone get from the VoG on hard mode. The three chests we opened were all shards/energy as were all the checkpoints, except Atheon where I got shards and the ship:pac::pac::pac::pac::(

I was not far off you. Shards and energy and.......the helm, two months too late :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

just got Destiny on xbox one recently only level 5, is there many people here who play it often ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want to be part of a team or at least have people to play with the odd time.
    Any PS3 users fancy a new buddy?
    CianRyan90 - lv5 and counting...

I haven't had a lot of time to play since I got the game, girlfriends been around since we're both on Christmas break, not a whole lotta playstation time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement