Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Phlegmy: please add GooseonStilts on PS4 i'd love to actually do a full CE clear, only done bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I will be trying to get a group together for CE from the bridge CP tomorrow if you don't mind missing out on the first part. Could just start from the start again actually, first part is just endurance and patience.

I have done CE over 20 times so if you want I can help you if you need it. You can solo most of the raid until the deathsinger.

The only problem is that I am only level 27, however, said this, it will all depend if you want to finish it properly or cheese him.

I would advice you do it properly, but if this is the case I would be of little help I am afraid, but again, I should be level 29 today if everything goes according to plan

I will be online today anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Anyone up for the Daily or nf?

cdb wrote: »
    Anyone up for the Daily or nf?

You mean now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

@AbusesToilets - Very impressive video alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

So Xur has exotic titan boots, exotic glove engram and dragons breath.

Gonna be an expensive week

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on xb1 for the weekly/nightfall now? Fire me an invite if so.

Hey,

Whats your GT and ill add you in, Im on most nights, and always need someone to do the weeklys/raids with.

My GT is Manchester Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    So Xur has exotic titan boots, exotic glove engram and dragons breath.

Gonna be an expensive week

Boots dont look great. Except for the extended the duration of the shoulder charge :D must buy them now :D

i bought everything as usual...

now I have a problem with my ps4 hunter... should I buy dragons breath or armor...

I think I am gonna chance it with the engram and then decide, I can get gaunlets by completing the urn quest and I will get the boots today as well.

The problem is that I only have 9 coins and 15 motes. So I have no money... this is new to me, normally I would have 100 coins and 70 motes lol

So for me to get the coins I would need to run the lv30 heroic with my lv27 which would be quite impossible... or run the 28 (which nobody online seems to be interested in) and farm coins somehow... or complete the urn challenge, buy the boots and then try the nightfall... dilema dilema

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Bohrio wrote: »
    run the 28 (which nobody online seems to be interested in)

Ill be on in abit, ill do the 28 with you, if theres another 31 on , we can carry you through the 30

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ill be on in abit, ill do the 28 with you, if theres another 31 on , we can carry you through the 30

Ah you'll get used to it. Me and Bag used to carry him through the nightfall when he was a 30. He's your problem now :P

You mean now?

Yes. Jump in

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

i bought everything as usual...

now I have a problem with my ps4 hunter... should I buy dragons breath or armor...

I think I am gonna chance it with the engram and then decide, I can get gaunlets by completing the urn quest and I will get the boots today as well.

I've got the urn quest finished too, what gauntlets do you get for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you're 27 just get a mate to do it and join right before he kills the boss. Also dragons breath is significantly worse than Ghorn so probably not worth it if you're low on coins.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah you'll get used to it. Me and Bag used to carry him through the nightfall when he was a 30. He's your problem now :P

yeah yeah... my heroes!! lol

Thanks Adam, my question is, is it better than hunger of crota or one way ticket?

Considering I have played this game for over 900 hours and never seen the gjallahorn I am happy with second best...

I bought it fior my xb1 not sure what to do for ps4

We use to do that with people as well, ask them to join at the end of a nightfall to get the rewards... be nice if that one was me now! lol

Oh and the gauntles you get are the new vanguard gaunlets (light 33)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

yeah yeah... my heroes!! lol

Thanks Adam, my question is, is it better than hunger of crota or one way ticket?

Considering I have played this game for over 900 hours and never seen the gjallahorn I am happy with second best...

I bought it fior my xb1 not sure what to do for ps4

We use to do that with people as well, ask them to join at the end of a nightfall to get the rewards... be nice if that one was me now! lol

Oh and the gauntles you get are the new vanguard gaunlets (light 33)

Been reading reddit this morning and the consensus seems to be that HoC is better and even heazens vengeance might be too. Might buy it in case of a buff but it doesn't sound appealing. All of the new exotic guns are muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Blazer wrote: »
    Dying to see what Xur has tomorrow.
    Will settle for The AR or the last word. Finally I've enough coins to buy an exotic :)
    I also have enough marks for the vanquisher AR but have to hold off till tomorrow to see Xur's list , its killing me to wait as I badly need a decent primary

The Vanquisher VIII is now my go-to AR for PvP (having replaced the Shadow Price), it's a fine weapon but you should really run the VoGa few times and try get some of those primaries, they are easily some of the best weapons in the game
    I haven't logged into Destiny since last Friday I think. It is easily the biggest gap I've had since the games release. I got five new PS4 games for Christmas so my time has been split between them. None of them have held my attention for long and I keep switching between them.

I still haven't managed to play the new Raid yet so I'd like to give that a try.

Yeah, I've been giving Far Cry 4, Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor a bash.
    I miss the social aspect though. I need to do CE this weekend with my hunter btw
    I will be trying to get a group together for CE from the bridge CP tomorrow if you don't mind missing out on the first part. Could just start from the start again actually, first part is just endurance and patience.

Yeah, I'd be up for it, maybe if we get a few on and see who has/hasn't done the beginning
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Getting destroyed at PVP, gonna need some heavy weapons and a shield before I go back in there.

You'd want to be about level 15+ alright, more so cause of the passive buffs to Agility, Recovery and Armour and having a decent melee and grenade and super

HavelTRock wrote: »
    Phlegmy: please add GooseonStilts on PS4 i'd love to actually do a full CE clear, only done bits and pieces.

Well it looks like we have 4 so if WesleySkypes and the40Watt are in
    I have done CE over 20 times so if you want I can help you if you need it. You can solo most of the raid until the deathsinger.

The only problem is that I am only level 27, however, said this, it will all depend if you want to finish it properly or cheese him.

I would advice you do it properly, but if this is the case I would be of little help I am afraid, but again, I should be level 29 today if everything goes according to plan

I will be online today anyway ;)

Don't be bringing your cheesy rubbish over to our honourable console :P

This is why no-one is comfortable with the Swords :(

It seems more people are still doing VoG over CE, I guess this could be cause they are getting comfortable with the mechanics, but by god do I have to explain the bridge section in full quiet a lot.

I've said it before but I'm not doing any Cheesing with CE. It's just gonna cause problems in the long run. I'm already hearing people going "Oh I haven't done this bit properly" etc

It's a fine raid if you learn it start to finish and have a good team. The good team is paramount, I think the 1st 3 completions we've stuck with a pretty similar group (me, Sniper, Rossi, Weseirek, Toaster, Random +1) and it's worked out as we're finishing it in quicker and quicker runs. 4hours > 3 hours > 2.5 hours etc.
    We should be able to knock it out in 90 minutes next week, then an hour etc.

In other news

More $hit for Warlocks, seriously, carry a 2nd fusion Grenade? FFS
    Also it trivially annoys me that "Carrying 3 rockets in the mag" is considered one of the 2 perks now.
    Truth has 3 in the mag and you don't see that doing a big song and dance about it.
    These DLC Exotics (Armour and Weapons) are all pretty crap for the most part IMHO

Just found this video of beating Crota. Apparently you can spawn two swords at once !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qaMSOenhjA&list=UUYCRJBxifKxB08v4GbozszA

Should be the right one this time.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Don't be bringing your cheesy rubbish over to our honourable console.

This is why no-one is comfortable with the Swords :(

It seems more people are still doing VoG over CE, I guess this could be cause they are getting comfortable with the mechanics, but by god do I have to explain the bridge section in full quiet a lot.

Ah no, I can honestly say i have completed the raid more time legit than cheesing it.

In fact, the fastest Crota kill I have ever done was legit, its all about timing in the end.

the reason why they are playing more VoG than CE is because CE is pretty easy and not very challenging (specially with all the cheats going around).

I can tell you one thing, the vast majority of lv32 out there have never killed Crota without cheesing him... and thats going to be a problem when they fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well it looks like we have 4 so if WesleySkypes and the40Watt are

I'd love to join but I don't think tonight will work for me. Sorry.

If I miss it I'm sure you will all be running it again at some point.

• Advertisement

Is the last word worth upgrading? Don't really use hand cannons all that much but xur may not stock it again for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

cdb wrote: »
    Is the last word worth upgrading? Don't really use hand cannons all that much but xur may not stock it again for a while.

I've taken to HCs in a big way recently, fully upgraded it's meant to be a beast in PvP (i'm about 60% of the way there, I have never seen any HC telemetries until this week). But that being said if you have Thorn or Fatebringer, I cannot see TLW Replacing those as your primary

I've taken to HCs in a big way recently, fully upgraded it's meant to be a beast in PvP (i'm about 60% of the way there, I have never seen any HC telemetries until this week). But that being said if you have Thorn or Fatebringer, I cannot see TLW Replacing those as your primary

They're lots of fun in pvp alright. Have Thorn already and it's taking a while to max out so probably not much point in another, may just save the coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hey,

Whats your GT and ill add you in, Im on most nights, and always need someone to do the weeklys/raids with.

My GT is Manchester Utd

I added you last week I think, gt is ferrigan101

I added you last week I think, gt is ferrigan101

Ive just added you in there now anyways, will need a few a load of strange coins if your on the weekend to do the weeklys, im working till 7 all weekend but will be on after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Ive just added you in there now anyways, will need a few a load of strange coins if your on the weekend to do the weeklys, im working till 7 all weekend but will be on after that.

Managed to get the weekly and nf done last night with topper. Should be on tonight after 9 so if you need a hand with anything give me a shout.

Cheers appreciate it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Bag is the luckiest Destiny player ever. Just decoded a legendary engram into Gallahorn :)

2nd luckiest to be fair :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    2nd luckiest to be fair :p

Don't you start :D

Are you picking up the hunter gauntlets today ? They have a perk to turn you invisible when your meleed. Make the first part of the raid even easier to solo with that !!

• Advertisement

Are Plan C and Pocket Infinity worth keeping now that we all have Murmur? or should i just shard them and upgrade other Exotics ?

Dont really play PvP, only for the bounties, so mainlly a PvE question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement