Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What level are you ? You might as well run a hard mode to be honest.

I have to run it on hard as well so if you are up for it later we can give it a go... need to run it on two characters

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

djkeogh wrote: »
    Going to try setup a VoG normal run on xbox one this afternoon. If anyone is interested let me know.

Id love to run it but wont be on till after 8pm :(

I also need to finish crota on both accounts so if anyone is up for it this morning/afternoon send me a message on PSN ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Happy to run it on hard, lvl 29 warlock and have a mate who's lvl 30 hunter. We've not finished the raid before hence thinking Normal was the way to go. If you guys are interested to kick off in the next hour we could give it a go

Happy to run it on hard, lvl 29 warlock and have a mate who's lvl 30 hunter. We've not finished the raid before hence thinking Normal was the way to go. If you guys are interested to kick off in the next hour we could give it a go

I am not sure if you can run the raid on hard without running it on normal first. We can try anyway and see, just let me know here if you find a team or we can look for one on lfg (probably normal first)

• Advertisement

I've no option to do it on hard yet. 2 of us plus yourself makes 3. Not used LFG.net for hosting before. Would you be happy to do reach out to folks there? I'll hit up the rest of my friends list to see if there's any interest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Where's the cheapest place to get this lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Kells... wrote: »

I got a second hand copy for PS3, two years warranty for €44 on Gamestop.
    Lvl3 loyalty card, no idea if it made a difference. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Bohrio wrote: »
    I am not sure if you can run the raid on hard without running it on normal first. We can try anyway and see, just let me know here if you find a team or we can look for one on lfg (probably normal first)

You can run it on hard even if you haven't finished it on normal but some one else has to be the fire team leader

2 of us on xbox ready to go anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You have any alternate characters? Very easy to solo the raid up to the deathsinger even with a level 29 of any class, though Hunter is best. Hold onto your energies for when you hit lvl 4 with Eris too so you can trade them, no point wasting them on weapons until your armour is done imo.

I have two Warlocks and a Hunter. So I guess if Im lucky with the shard drops I could have enough shards to reach 32 by Tuesday the 13ths raid. And yes, Im gonna see if I can solo that first section with the Hunter once I upgrade those fancy invisibility gloves of his.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have two Warlocks and a Hunter. So I guess if Im lucky with the shard drops I could have enough shards to reach 32 by Tuesday the 13ths raid. And yes, Im gonna see if I can solo that first section with the Hunter once I upgrade those fancy invisibility gloves of his.

Look up the method where the second lamp explodes and throws you close to the end of the section, you don't even need invisibility for that method if you're fast enough (I managed it with a lvl 29 sunsinger). The bridge is also very easy to solo if you have ice breaker or plenty of special weapon synthesis, it means exploiting a glitch though. Get the first swordbearer to spawn, go into the room he comes from and to the back, jump up on the boxes there and you should be able to see all the thralls disappear from outside, then it's just a mater of waiting for the ogres to spawn and sniping them.

Including the chest that's three loot drops for each character which should get you loads of shards. I would also pick one character to get to 32 first and just shard any armour you get for your alts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've no option to do it on hard yet. 2 of us plus yourself makes 3. Not used LFG.net for hosting before. Would you be happy to do reach out to folks there? I'll hit up the rest of my friends list to see if there's any interest

Me and Bag will help on normal as well. What's your GT.

Mine is TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Look up the method where the second lamp explodes and throws you close to the end of the section, you don't even need invisibility for that method if you're fast enough (I managed it with a lvl 29 sunsinger). The bridge is also very easy to solo if you have ice breaker or plenty of special weapon synthesis, it means exploiting a glitch though. Get the first swordbearer to spawn, go into the room he comes from and to the back, jump up on the boxes there and you should be able to see all the thralls disappear from outside, then it's just a mater of waiting for the ogres to spawn and sniping them.

Including the chest that's three loot drops for each character which should get you loads of shards. I would also pick one character to get to 32 first and just shard any armour you get for your alts.

Lol! Thats some serious cheating! I knew about the magic box alright but this is the first I heard of the lamp cheese, Il have to look that one up.

The Warlock I have kitted out with the raid gear is my focus atm, so yeah he's getting all the shards. After him, the Hunter, then finally the second Warlock (who only exists to serve the other two, running nightfalls, weeklys, farming shards etc)

We can try on hard if you want? let me know and I will switch to my xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    We can try on hard if you want? let me know and I will switch to my xbox

Me and Bag are here now so who wants to do VoG on Xbox

TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

So got to level 20 for the first time what do I do then? Can't seem to level up, probly a stupid thing to ask but haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Thanks to Xur I ran low on glimmer for the first time so I had to go and do a bit of farming on Friday. Used the Exclusion Zone mission and popped some wax idols, made some glimmer from a few runs but not nearly enough so went for another shot yesterday. Ran it on lvl22 but this time the second ship did not spawn and wondering if this method still works. Right now I got 4k glimmer but need to boost this up.

lexuslad wrote: »
    So got to level 20 for the first time what do I do then? Can't seem to level up, probly a stupid thing to ask but haven't a clue

Ok give me 5 man

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dudeeile wrote: »
    Thanks to Xur I ran low on glimmer for the first time so I had to go and do a bit of farming on Friday. Used the Exclusion Zone mission and popped some wax idols, made some glimmer from a few runs but not nearly enough so went for another shot yesterday. Ran it on lvl22 but this time the second ship did not spawn and wondering if this method still works. Right now I got 4k glimmer but need to boost this up.

You need access keys not wax idols for that, wax idols only get you extra glimmer from hive enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kells... wrote: »

Amazon are selling the Limited Edition which comes with the season pass(which costs €35) for £39.99 on PS4. The standard editions are £32 on ps4 and £30 Xbox1. If you are getting it on PS4 grab the LE before the price goes back up as it should cost nearly double that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00L8IW9ES/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1420379953&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

You need access keys not wax idols for that, wax idols only get you extra glimmer from hive enemies.

Yep it was access keys I used just got it wrong here. This method used to work at lvl15 but was fixed and you needed to now start it at lvl22 but yesterday this did not spawn the second ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Amazon are selling the Limited Edition which comes with the season pass for £39.99 on PS4. The standard editions are £32 on ps4 and Xbox1. If you are getting it on PS4 grab the LE before the price goes back up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00L8IW9ES/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1420379953&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

I bought the ltd edition full price about 2 months ago for £80 sterling so that is a serious saving.

I don't feel ripped off though after over 100 hours play time.

Rather be up near level 31 than have to start fresh now with everyone miles ahead, first dlc already launched, etc...

If you are thinking of getting destiny now though I can vouch for the LE being a really nice package.

lexuslad wrote: »

Someone will give you a much more detailed answer but basically it comes down to armour. 3 pieces of legendary and 1 exotic allowed. The exotic goes to light 36 and the dlc legendarys which can be purchased from vendors goes to 33, if you get armour from CE raid, also legendary but this goes to 36 light. With all this maxed out you can reach lvl32.

ok

So after 4 days of grinding so far I have accomplished

Brought my two hunters from level 1 to level 31
    Gather enough coins to buy dont touch me and dragons breath
    Bought two exotics engram from XuR
    Finished two nightfalls and heroics
    Finished VoG normal and hard (separately) twice
    Finished Crotas (once still need to do one more)

And RNGeesus has been kind enough so far

Got VoC, two final verdicts and the Vex
    Got exotic chest piece and Ice Braker out of the nightfall
    Got one way ticket 000 legendary (rocketlauncher) out of leveling up vanguard to rank 3
    Got Son of ir yut out of CE

So I am slowly getting there. Need to finish crota one more time and hopefully get another nice weapon and then just wait for next tuesday and hopefully go throught most of the weekly/raids during the weekend (tuesdays is Xb1 day!)

Hard work, havent slept a bit but it was all worth it, enjoying the Ps4 so far and great community here on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Amazon are selling the Limited Edition which comes with the season pass(which costs €35) for £39.99 on PS4. The standard editions are £32 on ps4 and £30 Xbox1. If you are getting it on PS4 grab the LE before the price goes back up as it should cost nearly double that.

I was browsing in Gamestop earlier. They are selling the standard PS4 edition for €75! Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone up for a flawless VoG normal run tonight around 8.30 or so on ps4?

Okay I must have been running the Exclusion Zone mission on the wrong level yesterday as I've just had a few runs and the second ship is indeed arriving. Don't know how much time I wasted yesterday, every day a school day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭eggy81

I was browsing in Gamestop earlier. They are selling the standard PS4 edition for €75! Ridiculous.

Got it for 45 new in Gamestop on the 27th dec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone on PS4 for VoG Hard Mode Templar Checkpoint at 7pm GMT, message me on PSN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement