Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone up for a flawless VoG normal run tonight around 8.30 or so on ps4?

Hope you dont get a glitch mate....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok

So after 4 days of grinding so far I have accomplished

Brought my two hunters from level 1 to level 31
    Gather enough coins to buy dont touch me and dragons breath
    Bought two exotics engram from XuR
    Finished two nightfalls and heroics
    Finished VoG normal and hard (separately) twice
    Finished Crotas (once still need to do one more)

And RNGeesus has been kind enough so far

Got VoC, two final verdicts and the Vex
    Got exotic chest piece and Ice Braker out of the nightfall
    Got one way ticket 000 legendary (rocketlauncher) out of leveling up vanguard to rank 3
    Got Son of ir yut out of CE

So I am slowly getting there. Need to finish crota one more time and hopefully get another nice weapon and then just wait for next tuesday and hopefully go throught most of the weekly/raids during the weekend (tuesdays is Xb1 day!)

Hard work, havent slept a bit but it was all worth it, enjoying the Ps4 so far and great community here on boards

How in the name of sweet baby RNGeesus did you get an Icebreaker from NF....I have done soooooo many and got Sweet Duck All!!!!!

#pissedoffbigtime
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Getting more PSN errors... great.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

anyone on tonight on xbox around 10 to do the weeklys / raids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    anyone on tonight on xbox around 10 to do the weeklys / raids ?

You always seem to have bad luck getting anyone to group up. If I'm on I'll give you a hand its just I'm not usually on past 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone up for a flawless VoG normal run tonight around 8.30 or so on ps4?

How is the flawless tracked.

Does a death mean that it's a week wait or do you need to just start from the start again.

How are disconnects handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    How is the flawless tracked.

Does a death mean that it's a week wait or do you need to just start from the start again.

How are disconnects handled.

You can just restart the raid, you don't have to wait for the weekly reset. Haven't gotten any interest in doing it so I'll be jumping into Cormacs hm raid later with my hunter. Hopefully I can get a group to do it at some time as it is one of three trophies I need to get the plat, the other two being to max the hunter and warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You always seem to have bad luck getting anyone to group up. If I'm on I'll give you a hand its just I'm not usually on past 9

Yeah played a couple of game with 2 lads there last week, but my shifts have me on at odd times, like ill be on all day tomorrow and Tuesday as im off, but mostly on at night or early morning.

Destiny LFG isn't a bad spot tbf but would prefer to team up with a few regulars instead of randoms all the time.

But sure if you ever see me on and are stuck for numbers give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Yeah played a couple of game with 2 lads there last week, but my shifts have me on at odd times, like ill be on all day tomorrow and Tuesday as im off, but mostly on at night or early morning.

Destiny LFG isn't a bad spot tbf but would prefer to team up with a few regulars instead of randoms all the time.

But sure if you ever see me on and are stuck for numbers give me a shout

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How in the name of sweet baby RNGeesus did you get an Icebreaker from NF....I have done soooooo many and got Sweet Duck All!!!!!

#pissedoffbigtime
    :rolleyes:

I got very lucky this week, I have a good set of weapons now, ideally I would want a good non exotic sniper rifle and a solar rocket launcher now, hopefully crota will be kinder to me next week and provide me with them ;), so far I got no armor, nothing but shards and the son of ir yut twice... not complaining... yet

for some reason my messages are not working or taking ages to arrive, is that normal on PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Anyone having ps4 connection problems tonight? Trying to figure out if it's the router or something other people are having...

Anyone having ps4 connection problems tonight? Trying to figure out if it's the router or something other people are having...

yeah I am having them as well... baboon... I think I know what it is, is that monkey with the red bottom, although it could make reference to the spider, hard to know, they dont really tell you much more

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

on eircom..no issues on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I got very lucky this week, I have a good set of weapons now, ideally I would want a good non exotic sniper rifle and a solar rocket launcher now, hopefully crota will be kinder to me next week and provide me with them ;), so far I got no armor, nothing but shards and the son of ir yut twice... not complaining... yet

for some reason my messages are not working or taking ages to arrive, is that normal on PS4?

Yeah, you can pretty much forget the messaging system on PS4 at this stage. I'm receiving messages from friends about an hour after they are sent. Even the notifications are taking ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got the Vex Mythoclast from the postmaster, I alreaady 10 primaries on me, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Yeah, you can pretty much forget the messaging system on PS4 at this stage. I'm receiving messages from friends about an hour after they are sent. Even the notifications are taking ages now.

I set my calender a day ahead and up until the PSN crash messages were instantaneous. Not so much these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The Destiny loot system is giving me a sad :( I have a level 26 Titan that I've put way too many hours into (my wife asked me last night when will I complete Destiny with a look of weariness).

I have gotten four legendary weapons - three of which are rocket launchers which I've no use for. The fourth being murmur which is great.

I have gotten four pieces of legendary armour and one exotic. So five in total.

Four of them (including the exotic) aren't useable by a Titan. Four out of the five are only usable if I spend a few dozen hours leveling up a totally different kinda of character.

That is kinda soul destroying :(

I got one cool weapon though, the Husk of the Pit, which can be upgraded. But it's slow going.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

will anyone be around for an earlish raid on Crota tomorrow? Around 7? or an 8 start at the latest? (PS4 request).

Want to raid tomorrow but need to be finished by 10.

quad_red wrote: »
    The Destiny loot system is giving me a sad :( I have a level 26 Titan that I've put way too many hours into (my wife asked me last night when will I complete Destiny with a look of weariness).

I have gotten four legendary weapons - three of which are rocket launchers which I've no use for. The fourth being murmur which is great.

I have gotten four pieces of legendary armour and one exotic. So five in total.

Four of them (including the exotic) aren't useable by a Titan. Four out of the five are only usable if I spend a few dozen hours leveling up a totally different kinda of character.

That is kinda soul destroying :(

I got one cool weapon though, the Husk of the Pit, which can be upgraded. But it's slow going.

Are you levelling a faction or crucible or vanguard?
    You can buy as many legendaries as you want once you have Marks/Comenedations.
    Also are you doing the weekly strike each week for strange coins?
    It looks to me (from your Bungie profile) that you've spend 56 hours playing.
    But 31 of those hours have been in Patrol.
    Why so much time doing Patrol?

Now in HD

eyD9lVM.jpg

• Advertisement

So whats up with those new rare DLC weapons?

Some of them are pretty good, for instance, I have a scout rifle called "pickpocket saint", its impact is much higher than, for example, VoC.

My Voc (fully upgraded) puts out around 740 damage (more or less), this one, without any upgrades puts out 960?

I also have an AR, ARL96-40 overkill, that thing handles great, very little recoil, used it when I was level 26 to do the raid on normal and was killing everything without any problems.

Also got a sniper rifle, its impact is almost double as my ice breaker? whatta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

So whats up with those new rare DLC weapons?

Some of them are pretty good, for instance, I have a scout rifle called "pickpocket saint", its impact is much higher than, for example, VoC.

My Voc (fully upgraded) puts out around 740 damage (more or less), this one, without any upgrades puts out 960?

I also have an AR, ARL96-40 overkill, that thing handles great, very little recoil, used it when I was level 26 to do the raid on normal and was killing everything without any problems.

Also got a sniper rifle, its impact is almost double as my ice breaker? whatta?

That sniper rifle sounds wicked. What is it called and how or where did you get it?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you levelling a faction or crucible or vanguard?
    You can buy as many legendaries as you want once you have Marks/Comenedations.
    Also are you doing the weekly strike each week for strange coins?
    It looks to me (from your Bungie profile) that you've spend 56 hours playing.
    But 31 of those hours have been in Patrol.
    Why so much time doing Patrol?

Mainly because I could dip in and out of patrol (the restrictions of a family etc!) and knock bounties off.

Only getting into the crucible since had time over christmas/new years and joined New Monarchy last week.

Am 809/2500 of level 2 in New Monarchy 1404/2500 on level 2 Vanguard. I need a Crucible commendation or a Vanguard commendation to buy anything off of them.

Haven't been doing the weekly strike, will defo do that if it helps. Have seven strange coins currently. They're good for stuff from Xur, right?

Would you recommend I keep going with New Monarchy or take their mark off and keep upgrading Vanguard?

cdb wrote: »
    That sniper rifle sounds wicked. What is it called and how or where did you get it?

Sorry I mean double than praedyth revenge, but it does still have more impact than the IB and BH, see below

sniper.png

And this is the scout rifle

scout.png

Now, I tested the sniper and while its critical hits are higher that PR it is nowhere close to IB (5600 vs 6800 fully upgraded rare vs non upgraded IB)

But the scout is pretty impressive... def better or as good as my AF16 whatever legendary old scout rifle...

Now I am not saying that they are better than VoC or IB God no, but jsut to be careful before dismantling this guns, specially if you dont have too many weapons

Mainly because I could dip in and out of patrol (the restrictions of a family etc!) and knock bounties off.

Only getting into the crucible since had time over christmas/new years and joined New Monarchy last week.

Am 809/2500 of level 2 in New Monarchy 1404/2500 on level 2 Vanguard. I need a Crucible commendation or a Vanguard commendation to buy anything off of them.

Ok, firstly if you are wearing a New Monarchy class item, going forward you will not level the vanguard. All XP will go towards NM.
    Since you're only 1/3rd of the way through lvl2 of NM, I would remove the Class item. Go with generic class items until you hit level 3 in Vanguard (and Crucible). The generic Vanguard/Crucible combo will give you TONS more armour choices and lots of choices when it comes to guns.

Factions like NM, DO, FWC have 4 weapons and 2 of each armour.
    Crucible and Vanguard have 12 weapons each and 2 of each armour too.
    Haven't been doing the weekly strike, will defo do that if it helps. Have seven strange coins currently. They're good for stuff from Xur, right?

You should do the 26 weekly today before the reset.
    Have you added the guys in the X-Box clan to your friends list, if you click through onto their bungie profile you can see their gamertags.
    That should help.

The long and short of it is that you are spending your time in the wrong places to expect Purple drops, in fact i'm almost certain purples won't drop on Patrol.

Best bet is Daily Missions, a handful of daily Vanguard bounties, a hand full of Crucible bounties, do the Weekly strikes and see how you're sitting in a few days.

I'd also recommend giving the VoG a try on Normal mode when you get 2 free hours. While the armour can only get you to level 30 (fully upgraded), you can still wear it un-upgraded and get like 65% of the benefit of the light levels.
    Sorry I mean double than praedyth revenge, but it does still have more impact than the IB and BH, see below

And this is the scout rifle

Now, I tested the sniper and while its critical hits are higher that PR it is nowhere close to IB (5600 vs 6800 fully upgraded rare vs non upgraded IB)

But the scout is pretty impressive... def better or as good as my AF16 whatever legendary old scout rifle...

Now I am not saying that they are better than VoC or IB God no, but jsut to be careful before dismantling this guns, specially if you dont have too many weapons

Blues get auto dismantled now, I don't care what their stats are. I've enough Purples and Exotics to weigh down my 2 characters and my vault.
    I can never see myself going "hmmmm, well this is about 800 metres, time to break out the the blue rifle"

Also blues only have 1 perk, and that cannot be forgiven

Black Hammer and the latest Iron Banner Sniper give IB a run for it's money. But really with IB it's all about the ammo regen 1st, impact 2nd.

There are some nice new purple weapons though. Another NitC, For the People, Up for Anything, The high impact LMG at the crucible.

I'd say it's comfortably gonna be either 2nd expansions release or CE primaries that'll be the only thing to dethrone the VoC and Fatebringer as the go-to Legendary primaries for PvE

At what point does the PS exclusive stuff end? Or is it indefinite?

Blues get auto dismantled now, I don't care what their stats are. I've enough Purples and Exotics to weigh down my 2 characters and my vault.
    I can never see myself going "hmmmm, well this is about 800 metres, time to break out the the blue rifle"

Also blues only have 1 perk, and that cannot be forgiven

Black Hammer and the latest Iron Banner Sniper give IB a run for it's money. But really with IB it's all about the ammo regen 1st, impact 2nd.

yes but that's because you have lots of weapons to choose from. On Xb1 I also dismantled them automatically, but I also dismantled most legendaries and exotics as I have all I need. I must have dismantled over 12 Vex, 5 Super good advice, 3 PI, 2 Multi tools, 2 truths, etc... and its even worse with raid weapons

But for those who are just starting to level up like me and only have a handful of legendaries I would say dont discard them so quickly. They are cheap to upgrade, dont require energies and they can put as much damage as some old legendaries!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

will anyone be around for an earlish raid on Crota tomorrow? Around 7? or an 8 start at the latest? (PS4 request).

Want to raid tomorrow but need to be finished by 10.

I might be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

At what point does the PS exclusive stuff end? Or is it indefinite?

Believe it or not, but the PS exclusivity runs for an entire year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Now in HD

eyD9lVM.jpg

Is Comet a new game, or just a particularly massive (and expensive) DLC? Will it be standalone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement