Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Is anyone else bored of Destiny? I think its a great shooter, looks great, sounds great and most importantly plays great and I've put some amount of hours into it (although i'm only level 26) but i'm just bored of it. I really think the lack of story is what hampers it for me and the whole light upgrade path which I don't think is explained properly in the game at all. It just feels like i'm going round in circles a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jones wrote: »
    Is anyone else bored of Destiny? I think its a great shooter, looks great, sounds great and most importantly plays great and I've put some amount of hours into it (although i'm only level 26) but i'm just bored of it. I really think the lack of story is what hampers it for me and the whole light upgrade path which I don't think is explained properly in the game at all. It just feels like i'm going round in circles a bit.

bored of doing the single player stuff - but still love doing the raids and other social stuff with the people off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah I suppose I do enjoy the raids etc but my friends are all level 30 and up now and I feel a bit left behind but yet has no inclination to play more to level up...catch 22 for me.

Don't get my wrong I love Destiny and have been playing it since its release day but there's something missing for me. I could be the only one as all my mates are constantly playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    yes but that's because you have lots of weapons to choose from. On Xb1 I also dismantled them automatically, but I also dismantled most legendaries and exotics as I have all I need. I must have dismantled over 12 Vex, 5 Super good advice, 3 PI, 2 Multi tools, 2 truths, etc... and its even worse with raid weapons

But for those who are just starting to level up like me and only have a handful of legendaries I would say dont discard them so quickly. They are cheap to upgrade, dont require energies and they can put as much damage as some old legendaries!

Ah yes, that's a good point I guess
    Is Comet a new game, or just a particularly massive (and expensive) DLC? Will it be standalone?

It's like Destiny 1.5, it'll be a GOTY type disc release which will include the base game, Expansions 1 and 2 and the Comet Content.

Those of us with the Base game and Expansion pass should be able to buy the comet content as a standalone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

quad_red wrote: »
    Mainly because I could dip in and out of patrol (the restrictions of a family etc!) and knock bounties off.

Only getting into the crucible since had time over christmas/new years and joined New Monarchy last week.

Am 809/2500 of level 2 in New Monarchy 1404/2500 on level 2 Vanguard. I need a Crucible commendation or a Vanguard commendation to buy anything off of them. Once you are rank 3 do the same with new monarchy so you can buy weapons/armor of them as well. Every time you rank up you will get some sort of reward out of it, I believe you always get vanguard/crucible commendations and some sort of legendary random item (weapon/armor/shards/energies)

Haven't been doing the weekly strike, will defo do that if it helps. Have seven strange coins currently. They're good for stuff from Xur, right?

Would you recommend I keep going with New Monarchy or take their mark off and keep upgrading Vanguard?

I would switch to vanguard and try to get to rank 3 ASAP, that will automatically give you a vanguard commendation and drop either a legendary piece of armor/weapon or shards/energies.

Then you will be able to buy armor or weapons of the vanguard.

Whats your PSN?

I managed to level up my first hunter last week from 1 to 31 in around 13 hours of gameplay. Its all about knowing what to look for and a bit of luck.

First thing I did when I reached rank 2 is bought a pair of boots, then completed the DLC urn challenge that game me the gaunlets. That alone assuming you have lv 21 rare armor should bring you up to lv 29, if you get an exotic that will bring you to 30. Then you will only need either a chest piece or a helmet (depending on your current armor) to make it to level 31.

Best thing is once you are level 30 you can also run Crotas end raid, that armor will also help you reach lv31+. Also nightfalls and the VoG raid (both hard/normal). That means weapons, armor, exotics, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anybody for a hard VoG from 3pm onwards today?

Ps4

Sorry I just realized you play on Xbox

but looking at your gear I see you have a new legendary helmet so your road to 31 is very easy.

Do a couple of strikes until you have enough money to buy a pair of boots (you will need 75 vanguard marks), do this today if you can, two level 24 strikes will be enough.

Then complete the urn challenge (you get this for eris morn). Unfortunately you wont be able to start this until Xur comes on friday if you haven't bought if off him already.

I would run the weekly heroic level 24, anyone here can give you a hand with that. That will give you some strange coins, they will come handy on friday as you want to get some exotic gear from Xur as well.

Also, when you do strikes etc make sure you dont dismantle blue/rare armor with light 20/21. Your armor is light 15/16, you should have much better rare armor at this state so you probably dismantle it by accident.

If you have done the daily missions you should have quite a good bit of ascendant energies/shards, how many do you have? use them to upgrade your legendary gear, I would focus on upgrading your helment first.

Just the helmet and boots fully upgraded will take you 28

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sorry I just realized you play on Xbox

Yup!
    but looking at your gear I see you have a new legendary helmet so your road to 31 is very easy.

Do a couple of strikes until you have enough money to buy a pair of boots (you will need 75 vanguard marks), do this today if you can, two level 24 strikes will be enough.

Really? Only 2 strikes? That's what I'm missing.
    Then complete the urn challenge (you get this for eris morn). Unfortunately you wont be able to start this until Xur comes on friday if you haven't bought if off him already.

Go it - am at the stage where I'm trying to whack Urzok. Absolutely pummel him but even with another level 29 we weren't able to put him down before he teleported out.

Gonna do it again tonight.
    I would run the weekly heroic level 24, anyone here can give you a hand with that. That will give you some strange coins, they will come handy on friday as you want to get some exotic gear from Xur as well.

Thanks Bohrio, will pay Xur another visit on Friday.
    Also, when you do strikes etc make sure you dont dismantle blue/rare armor with light 20/21. Your armor is light 15/16, you should have much better rare armor at this state so you probably dismantle it by accident.

Definitely have never dismantled anything by accident - I've been waiting for decent stuff with baited breath at this point! Any armour I get is green or low grade blue.
    If you have done the daily missions you should have quite a good bit of ascendant energies/shards, how many do you have? use them to upgrade your legendary gear, I would focus on upgrading your helment first.

Just the helmet and boots fully upgraded will take you 28

Thanks for the all the advice Bohrio. I have the following:

gear.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Has anyone else got the bounty for Thorn and needs to do the Crucible section (Depleted Hand Cannon)? I've heard of a cheesey strategy of doing Rumble with a fireteam and taking it in turns to kill each other. If anyone is interested PM me here or GooseonStilts on PS4.

Really? Only 2 strikes? That's what I'm missing.

Strikes give you vanguard marks, you currently have 68, you need 75 to buy a pair of boots. I believe lv26 strikes give you 6 marks per strike, so you only need 7 to reach 75 ;)

Go it - am at the stage where I'm trying to whack Urzok. Absolutely pummel him but even with another level 29 we weren't able to put him down before he teleported out.

Gonna do it again tonight.

You will need help killing him, specially with your current weapons. If you are struggling ask for help here, add me as well (see my signature) but I am sure there will be plenty of others here willing to help, like emmet or the Bag. If I am online give me a shout.

Definitely have never dismantled anything by accident - I've been waiting for decent stuff with baited breath at this point! Any armour I get is green or low grade blue.

Strikes will give you this kind of gear, do more strikes then until you get it, it only took me 2 or 3 strikes to find level 19+ light armor.

Thanks for the all the advice Bohrio. I have the following:

gear.jpg

You have very few shards which you will need to upgrade your gear, you will need 6 shards to upgrade your new vanguard armor, do the raid, that will give you plenty of them. I was able to upgrade my armor very quickly thanks to this.

Once you have the basis leveling up will be easy, you will see, focus on your armor first, then worry about the weapons, they will come as you do more strikes and heroic/nightfalls.

Focus on those last 3 instead of patrolling etc... every week you will find lots of people here looking for other players to complete these strikes and I am sure that, once you reach level 27 a few of us wont mind asking you to jump in on lv30 heroics and nightfall just so you can get some gear out of them

In fact, do the heroic today before the reset tomorrow, that way you will have at least 3 extra coins for xur on friday.

Let us know when you are doing it and I will try to go online and do the 26 with you so you will get 6 coins instead of just 3.

I dont think you can do the lv30 just yet, you need to be at least 27 for that.

• Advertisement

^ Yes, but is he the appropriate Vanguard Rank yet (Rank 2)?

Cormac... wrote: »
    ^ Yes, but is he the appropriate Vanguard Rank yet (Rank 2)?

Vanguard.jpg

New_monarchy.jpg

^ Yes he is

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vanguard.jpg

New_monarchy.jpg

What's your GT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

HavelTRock wrote: »
    Has anyone else got the bounty for Thorn and needs to do the Crucible section (Depleted Hand Cannon)? I've heard of a cheesey strategy of doing Rumble with a fireteam and taking it in turns to kill each other. If anyone is interested PM me here or GooseonStilts on PS4.

Have that one too, sitting on it for some time and not made much progress, just got a void fushion and upgraded it so was going to tackle it again, would be on for trying the cheddar strategy...EIRE2007

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's your GT ?

X1 GT: QUAD RED DEAD

Thanks for all the advice lads! Am gonna be online from half eight tonight and the same tomorrow night if anyone would take a passenger on a strike?

Vanguard.jpg

New_monarchy.jpg

Actually scratch that, do the following

By the boots of new monarchy instead of the vanguard, if you do the heroic today and do them again after tuesday you will have enough marks to reach 120 which is waht you need (along with being rank 3) to buy your chest piece. Chest pieces dont require you to be rank 3 but they require a vanguard commendation which you will only get when you reach rank 3. In fact, just get the boots for now and keep doing the urn challenge. Wait for xur on friday and hope he sells an exotic chest piece. If he does well you will be on your way to level 31 and if he doesnt, well, you will just need to buy the chest piece of the vanguard!

Once you do this, level up your new monarchy stuff until you reach level 3, but dont bother with them anymore *(unless you are playing crucible) as they weapons are not very appealing...

Thanks for all the advice lads! Am gonna be online from half eight tonight and the same tomorrow night if anyone would take a passenger on a strike?

Add me anyway. TitianGerm. Not sure if I'll be on tonight but if I am we will try get you through the highest level stuff as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Just finished the Thorn and Bad Juju bounties, is anyone's on tonight to give the weekly a go or the raids ?

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just finished the Thorn and Bad Juju bounties, is anyone's on tonight to give the weekly a go or the raids ?

I might be on so if I am I'll help out.

• Advertisement

I'm in tears here :pac:

Randal the Vandal rap battle

(Randal is a level 8 Fallen Major at the far side of the Forgotten Shore by a cave, he is a Sagittarius, graduated from Trinity, enjoys red wine and has had several short stories published)

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/81799507/0/0
    I'm a vandal,
    I overlook Forgotten Shores
    My name is Randal,
    Grab a phone and close the door

Let me expound about my legend and fame,
    I'm level 8, putting bullet sponges to shame,
    Find the Exo chick, ask about my name,
    But you know she'll say- "I dont have time to explain"

When I was born
    My orbs dropped, ever since, they hang low
    And every mornin'
    Run v1.1 weeklies solo

Your grimoire score, is low for sure,
    You could ask the queen to expand the lore,
    But cutscene, she cant answer the door,
    Cuz last Nightfall I made her legs too sore!

OHHHHHHHH

(Straight outta Cosmo)

OHHHHHHHH

Straight outta fossils
    Of guardians, the bones reduced
    How is it possible?
    I boil it and drink the juice

I'm a hangman's noose, Guardians deduce,
    But ladies they flock to they' papa goose,
    I bend em up parallel, acute and obtuse,
    Even Phogoth he be seein' it and yellin' "Abuse!"

In your hands,
    I see your Plans, A,B and C,
    From other lands
    The honeys bring double D's

We sync up our plates, count em one-two-three,
    They raise my spire, when they' vexin' me,
    They groove like spinmetal causin ecstasy,
    But-I-love-em-then-I-leave-em-screamin-
    "DLC!!!!!!!"

OHHHHHHHHH

Straight outta Cosmo

OHHHHHHHHH

It's like Costco,
    I'm excess, but all A-grade
    I cause wipes,
    and I'm not even in the raid

Just watch the click boom 1-2-3
    As the bullets they fall, crawlin up to yo knees,
    4-5-6, to the 7-8-9,
    Even Atheon be shoutin-"You aint got the time!"

To down this guy
    Shank beside, ADS and he'll gank yo ride,
    X-V0, timebreaker please,
    The fools I give a chance is sexy la-dies

That dance and sway
    To the sound of my name
    Now-go-on-ladies-tell-'em-watcha-call-me-
    "RAY-RAAAY!"

OOOOOHHHH!

Straight outta Cosmo

OOOOOOHHH!

Straight up i cause holes
    I'm hard mode like Dark Souls
    I cause mofo's
    To trade in consoles for Mario,

They go lookin for Princess,
    I cheesed Koopa 1 so She showed me her loot chest,
    I know, I digress, but the Princess undressed,
    I gave visions of confluence to her majesty's Highness!

I patrol and walk,
    Cosmodrome vicinity,
    The ladies they talk,
    "Show your Pocket Infinity!"

All guardians I send back home with no clothes,
    But ladies turn around and come back like Sunbros,
    I'm like oracles I know what's ahead and before me,
    But just ask The Speaker, he can "tell you the stories"

OHHHHHHHHHH!
    Straight outta Cosmo.

Creepy Acoloyte :D

muW2Tns.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cheers for helpin me through the daily Cormac. Much appreciated. I doubt I'd have got through it on my own. I was gonna post up for help just as you joined so worked out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I've added you there, I'll hopefully be on around 9ish tonight and will give you a hand with the daily/weekly and any strikes you need.

HavelTRock wrote: »

Just did it over the weekend, and I quite fantastically dominated in Control, which was strange
    I would like to thank any and all Christmas noobs that took part.
    I'll just go back to struggling to get 1.0 K/D ratio from now on :D

Anyone want to do the weeklys on Xbox ?

Finally got them done , got a mida multi tool but everyone else got the suros, really wanted that ! Is the Mida any good ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Finally got them done , got a mida multi tool but everyone else got the suros, really wanted that ! Is the Mida any good ?

It's a solid scout rifle and the speed boost the perk gives you is very handy for the first part of Crota's end but it's probably not worth taking up your exotic slot with if you have the likes of Ice Breaker and that.

I've added you there, I'll hopefully be on around 9ish tonight and will give you a hand with the daily/weekly and any strikes you need.

Thanks for the invite Ferrigan, sorry didn't get to take up your generous offer tonight! But definitely up for it next time.

And thanks for all the advice, lads. Managed to clear the weekly strike earlier. Really nice challenge. Got a mote of light and some useless rare armour for my troubles ;p

Tried taking down Urzuk again as well. Even with two 30's we couldn't do it. Must look up advice for this utter damage sponge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I just realised you can wave while on the sparrow! Been playing since launch too...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement