Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

up for the thorn cheese aswell, giz a shout tomorrow guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite Ferrigan, sorry didn't get to take up your generous offer tonight! But definitely up for it next time.

And thanks for all the advice, lads. Managed to clear the weekly strike earlier. Really nice challenge. Got a mote of light and some useless rare armour for my troubles ;p

Tried taking down Urzuk again as well. Even with two 30's we couldn't do it. Must look up advice for this utter damage sponge!

Urzuk isn't too bad once you take down his shield, it's his adds you have to look out for. I advise that you hit him with your most powerful arc weapons, a Thunderlord for the heavy if you have one and a Light of the Abyss(CE fusion with increased hive major damage perk), arc Murmur or Plan C for your special.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got my Hunter to level 20 and with that, 28. Still having to tether the phone to the PS4 as Eircom haven't got their finger out.

Now to collect a few hundred Sapphire wire :pac: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What do we do with the wire and coins and such?
    I have many of which I do not know what to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CianRyan wrote: »
    What do we do with the wire and coins and such?
    I have many of which I do not know what to do with.

Sapphire wire is used to upgrade rare or higher hunter armour. Strange coins are used to buy exotic weapons or armour from Xur between 09.00 Friday - 09.00 Sunday GMT/UT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite Ferrigan, sorry didn't get to take up your generous offer tonight! But definitely up for it next time.

And thanks for all the advice, lads. Managed to clear the weekly strike earlier. Really nice challenge. Got a mote of light and some useless rare armour for my troubles ;p

Tried taking down Urzuk again as well. Even with two 30's we couldn't do it. Must look up advice for this utter damage sponge!

I'd recommend waiting for the Warsat event rather than one of the Enemy Gathers It's Forces, as the mobs that are present during that when he finally appears are tough to deal with.

I had trouble with him the first time I tried it, couldn't take him down quickly enough due to the mobs and his insane shield regen. I switched to bladedancer and that made all the difference. I took down his shield with an Arc fusion and slashed him to death without much issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    Thanks to Xur I ran low on glimmer for the first time so I had to go and do a bit of farming on Friday. Used the Exclusion Zone mission and popped some wax idols, made some glimmer from a few runs but not nearly enough so went for another shot yesterday. Ran it on lvl22 but this time the second ship did not spawn and wondering if this method still works. Right now I got 4k glimmer but need to boost this up.

The VOG gatekeeper checkpoint is a good place to farm glimmer. Using Blue Aphoplage (or whatever it's called), kill the majors and wipe will give you as much as exclusion zone but you'll also pick up a lot of Axion Beads which go for 200 glimmer a pop and a lot of Blue Aphoplages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So this weeks nightfall is Mars Valus Ta'aurc

No burn for this week though

Epic
    Nightfall
    Lightswitch
    Angry
    Juggler

Its going to be a long strike!

Bohrio wrote: »
    So this weeks nightfall is Mars Valus Ta'aurc

No burn for this week though

Epic
    Nightfall
    Lightswitch
    Angry
    Juggler

Its going to be a long strike!

I'm going to be under the stairs on the left for most of this week so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

odd there is no burn - means the weekly and the nightfall are basically going to be the same. well, even more so than usual.

I suppose though... the nightfall has been easier than the weekly the last few weeks (imo) because of the burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm going to be under the stairs on the left for most of this week so :(

No need.

Destiny Mars Strike - Valus Ta'aurc cheese spot:

http://youtu.be/tR7QqEbCjvU

What time will you be online today?

Not sure if the bag is off either

After 6 I'd say.

• Administrators Posts: 53,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No need.

Destiny Mars Strike - Valus Ta'aurc cheese spot:

http://youtu.be/tR7QqEbCjvU
    I wonder is that reachable by all classes. Hunters might struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ill be on around 4

Perfect, I will level up my ps4 character and do some nightfall on PS4 and then connect my xbox then :)

awec wrote: »
    I wonder is that reachable by all classes. Hunters might struggle.

It is. You need to make the hunters agility and use triple jump. Hold jump between each press of the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Got a load of exotics and purples yesterday , but none of the primaries have any elemental damage ? I have VoC but are there any other primaries with elemental damage and how do you get them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Got a load of exotics and purples yesterday , but none of the primaries have any elemental damage ? I have VoC but are there any other primaries with elemental damage and how do you get them ?

Praedyths Timepiece - ARC pulse rifle (Templar drop, VoG, not sure if available in normal mode)
    Fatebringer - ARC Hand Cannon (Templar drop, Hard VoG)
    Aetheons Epilogue - Void autorifle (Vog, not sure on drop conditions)
    Vex Mythoclass - Solar primary fusion rifle, exotic, VoG Hard Aethoon drop.

Not sure if you can get primary weapons with elemental damage from CE, i've got none so far - just secondarys and heavies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Praedyths Timepiece - ARC pulse rifle (Templar drop, VoG, not sure if available in normal mode)

Not sure if you can get primary weapons with elemental damage from CE, i've got none so far - just secondarys and heavies.

CE Primaries will only drop in the Hard Mode

• Advertisement

Primary Elemental Damage
    Fatebringer - Arc Handcannon from VOG templar. Drops more on hard but I've heard you can get it on normal. Still use this a lot.
    Vex - Solar Fusion - VOG Atheon hard
    Atheon's Epilogue - Void Autorifle - VOG Atheon drop
    VOG pulse rifle does arc damage. I think this only drops on hard.

Presumably the Crota raid has some primary weapons also but I've only got the sniper, fusion and rocket launcher to date.

Will need to do the VoG so, only done it once so far, can you only get drops from each mode once a week like the weeklys ?

Fatebringer, Timepiece and the Vex only drop on hard (by killing the templar, gatekeeper and Atheon)

Praedyths revenge drops after killing the templar, corrective measure drops after killing the oracles (not 100% if it is the oracles only though), Atheon, drops after killing Atheon, all of this on normal, oh, hezen revenge drops after killing the gatekeeper on normal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Will need to do the VoG so, only done it once so far, can you only get drops from each mode once a week like the weeklys ?

Yes, but if you do it on Hard Mode, you get double drops (Normal and Hard)

Just do the hard one for each character. Once you complete it on hard the rewards will include the normal drops as well.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just do the hard one for each character. Once you complete it on hard the rewards will include the normal drops as well.

Cool, just need to get 5 more people so, thanks

Ok so I finally got the chest piece for my hunter so now I have gaunlets, chestpiece and boots so he should be lv32 by next week.

The titan is already 32 so I only need a bit of luck and either get a helmet or a chestpiece for my warlock and they will all be in the way to 32 then!

:)

now back to ps4

Ok so I finally got the chest piece for my hunter so now I have gaunlets, chestpiece and boots so he should be lv32 by next week.

The titan is already 32 so I only need a bit of luck and either get a helmet or a chestpiece for my warlock and they will all be in the way to 32 then!

:)

now back to ps4

How did you get all the shard so quick to lvl up your armour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

After tonights runs of CE, if I can get it done with both my Hunter and Warlock I should have the means to hit 32 with 1 character (Warlock - as I have 3 pieces of armour).

Will do the final 6 or so Eris bounties I need to do, farm some glimmer and marks etc and make my decision on Friday (Xur might have a Helm or Chest Piece i'd rather use to get to 32)

Been using Light Beyond Nemisis since the DLC landed and it's only so-so, might get a Raid Helm drop too (fingers crossed) or maybe a different raid version of the chest piece or boots etc with different stats (already have 2 vastly different versions of the gloves)

I'm not gonna just go balls to the walls to hit 32 with whatever ole $hite I can, I wanna make sure the perks on the armour suit my play style, that I'm actually integrating a decent Exotic into the mix and that the INT, STR and DIS values are good (no point having >100% of any of them).

So while all y'all are running around at 32 with peasant Exotics (as in crap exotics, which is all bar 5 exotics for warlocks) and 340 Strength I'll be cooling it in the back with the maracas biding my time :pac:

This system worked for me before..... but then again this is why I end up with 4 different armour loud-outs (PvE general, VoG, Control, Skirmish) :D
    How did you get all the shard so quick to lvl up your armour ?

2 Consoles x 3 Characters on Each x Cheese x Addiction = Level 32 :P

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    After tonights runs of CE, if I can get it done with both my Hunter and Warlock I should have the means to hit 32 with 1 character (Warlock - as I have 3 pieces of armour).

Will do the final 6 or so Eris bounties I need to do, farm some glimmer and marks etc and make my decision on Friday (Xur might have a Helm or Chest Piece i'd rather use to get to 32)

Been using Light Beyond Nemisis since the DLC landed and it's only so-so, might get a Raid Helm drop too (fingers crossed) or maybe a different raid version of the chest piece or boots etc with different stats (already have 2 vastly different versions of the gloves)

I'm not gonna just go balls to the walls to hit 32 with whatever ole $hite I can, I wanna make sure the perks on the armour suit my play style, that I'm actually integrating a decent Exotic into the mix and that the INT, STR and DIS values are good (no point having >100% of any of them).

So while all y'all are running around at 32 with peasant Exotics (as in crap exotics, which is all bar 5 exotics for warlocks) and 340 Strength I'll be cooling it in the back with the maracas biding my time :pac:

This system worked for me before..... but then again this is why I end up with 4 different armour loud-outs (PvE general, VoG, Control, Skirmish) :D

2 Consoles x 3 Characters on Each x Cheese x Addiction = Level 32 :P

Holy crap, and I thought I was on destiny too much !!! What exotics do you think are good for the warlock ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement