Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think I've ever once looked at the stats on armour in this game beyond the main perks, faster regenerating specials, melee and 'nades don't seem like a good enough reason to be picky to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever once looked at the stats on armour in this game beyond the main perks, faster regenerating specials, melee and 'nades don't seem like a good enough reason to be picky to me.

100% strength for me :) TitanMasterClass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    Been using Light Beyond Nemisis since the DLC landed and it's only so-so, might get a Raid Helm drop too (fingers crossed) or maybe a different raid version of the chest piece or boots etc with different stats (already have 2 vastly different versions of the gloves)

I love this headgear. Picking teammates up is so much fun. You pick them up as you run by. I even make a sound like an ambulance as I run past.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mcsirl wrote: »
    How did you get all the shard so quick to lvl up your armour ?

I only got shards and energies for the first 2 weeks

I still have over 50 energies as well, remember I have 3 characters. My hunter has his boots fully upgraded so I will only need 42 shards to get him to 32, as soon as I reach rank 4 on eris morn I will be 32 on my hunter as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Holy crap, and I thought I was on destiny too much !!! What exotics do you think are good for the warlock ?

I've been collecting them and researching them, but whats pretty important that most people miss over is a couple things:

CORMACS GUIDE TO PICKING EXOTIC ARMOUR

You DON'T double stack perks - No point getting increased melee speed on your exotic if you already have that on your other 3 legendary pieces somewhere.
    Don't stack perks with Abilities of the Same type - Carrying extra grenades as a Sunsinger + Carry extra grenades with your exotic does NOT equal 3 grenades
    Most Exotics have a subclass affinity No point getting a Voidwalker Exotic if you play as Sunsinger 90% of the time
    Exotic stat types will usually be the same, but values can be higher/lower Got a set of "Don't touch me" from Xur and another set from an Engram, the Engram set had like 20 extra of whatever stat (intellect i think), so 2 of the same exotics are vastly different
    Pick a offense type and run with it For most of the Pre-DLC days my style was Sunsinger - Self Res - Grenade spamming, all my exotic and legendary armour was mainly a combo of INT and DIS and my perks had longer grenade durations, farther grenade throws, melee hits replenish grenade energy, grenade kills reduce melee cooldown etc. I once popped off 9 AOE grenades in PvP after self reviving and I have't shut up about it since as I was able to capture B alone under pressure by creating a wall of fire.

But to answer your question IMHO:
    VoidWalker:
    Voidfang vestments
    Obsidian mind

Sunsinger:
    Heart of Praxis Fire
    Sunbreakers
    Claws of Dire Akmakhara (or whatever)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Bohrio wrote: »
    I only got shards and energies for the first 2 weeks

I still have over 50 energies as well, remember I have 3 characters. My hunter has his boots fully upgraded so I will only need 42 shards to get him to 32, as soon as I reach rank 4 on eris morn I will be 32 on my hunter as well

why Does the rank on Eris matter ? Sorry for all the questions guys, I appreciate the help

Mickeroo wrote: »

But.... you can double your super usage :confused:
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I love this headgear. Picking teammates up is so much fun. You pick them up as you run by. I even make a sound like an ambulance as I run past.:o

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see if you can use the perk in tandem with another Warlock who has it, would be great in Skirmish (Res faster + Being Res faster)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

why Does the rank on Eris matter ? Sorry for all the questions guys, I appreciate the help

You can swap an energy, a black wax idle and 500glimmer for a shard, and vice versa. So if you want shards and have a crap load of energies (or the other way around) you can swap them.

You can swap an energy, a black wax idle and 500glimmer for a shard, and vice versa. So if you want shards and have a crap load of energies (or the other way around) you can swap them.

Oh cool, will have to lvl her up so, been trying to get to lvl 3 so I can get the thrall gun upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

All about the Hunter helmet with Radar active when aiming down primaries, PVP heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Got my Hunter to level 20 and with that, 28. Still having to tether the phone to the PS4 as Eircom haven't got their finger out.

Now to collect a few hundred Sapphire wire :pac: :(

What I do is head to the hall of Guardians and buy the green gear from your relevant Vangaurd (in this case Cayde-6 Hunter vanguard) It cost 340 glimmer but will give you one sapphire wire. And it easier to farm for glimmer then to get armour engrams.

If you had a second character you could put the armour engrams he finds in the vault and get your hunter (in the above case) to take them out and decode them thereby at least giving you some sapphire wire.

This will work with all classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Cormac... wrote: »
    2 Consoles x 3 Characters on Each x Cheese x Addiction = Level 32 :P

Ah come on ... how does this workout with 2 consoles ? you can share progress and ressources between both ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Benzino wrote: »
    I just realised you can wave while on the sparrow! Been playing since launch too...

Maybe you knew but when your in the air after a jump the wave buttons become do tricks buttons :D It's like the games up in here!!

Ah come on ... how does this workout with 2 consoles ? you can share progress and ressources between both ...

No, he just has a completely different set of guardians on each console afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Not to spoil the surprise but Bungie tweeted that there is a small gift package being prepared. Speculation is we'll get a new legendary sparrow, snowflake.

cdb wrote: »
    Not to spoil the surprise but Bungie tweeted that we there is a small gift package being prepared. Speculation is we'll get a new legendary sparrow, snowflake.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Not to spoil the surprise but Bungie tweeted that we there is a small gift package being prepared. Speculation is we'll get a new legendary sparrow, snowflake.

Whoop-dee-fuk-a-doodle-doo

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Could be worse....... could have been a ship!

I'd take the ship.... I like the tumbler.... put I have 3 Timebreakers and Speed > Style

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Could be worse....... could have been a ship!

As long as the ship isn't brown

• Advertisement

As long as the ship isn't brown

That's the REAL Struggle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No need.

Destiny Mars Strike - Valus Ta'aurc cheese spot:

http://youtu.be/tR7QqEbCjvU

Careful with this, I got killed as soon as he moved to the other end lol

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Thanks to redzer & Ger for the NF/Weekly earlier. Plenty of coins for friday now. Hope Xur is selling something nice...for a change.

Anyone on Xbox to do ........ Anything ? Weeklys dailys raids ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Maybe you knew but when your in the air after a jump the wave buttons become do tricks buttons :D It's like the games up in here!!

I did not know ha! Probably would never have noticed this if I had started playing this on the Vita!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

anyone tonight for weekly & nightfall on PS4 around 9.30pm?

Anyone on PS4 up for giving me a hand with the strike for the Thorn bounty?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone on PS4 up for giving me a hand with the strike for the Thorn bounty?

I need to do this too. If you see me online send me an invite.

If it's after 10.30 I'm more likely to have my mic on.

Cheers, sent you a friend request there. Can gave it a go around 11, if that suits?

• Advertisement

Cheers, sent you a friend request there. Can gave it a go around 11, if that suits?

Are you in the PS4 chat room?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement