Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Why would you upgrade both? Just do one set and transfer the armour over when playing with the second character. In a horrible twist of fate my Titan has managed to get full armour before my Warlock, despite starting CE a week after. Really don't like the Titan so will have to wait it out for my Warlock to be ready for 32 before using my shards on a second character. Hopefully they announce HM raid tomorrow, CE is far too easy now even without cheeses.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    Why would you upgrade both? Just do one set and transfer the armour over when playing with the second character. In a horrible twist of fate my Titan has managed to get full armour before my Warlock, despite starting CE a week after. Really don't like the Titan so will have to wait it out for my Warlock to be ready for 32 before using my shards on a second character. Hopefully they announce HM raid tomorrow, CE is far too easy now even without cheeses.

Why not?

Its enough of a pain swapping guns over, without the irritation of adding armour swapping to the equation.

Nowhere close to getting my 3 character anywhere near 32 so its not like I need the shards for them at the moment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

what did you do to cause the problem, so that I can avoid doing it myself!

You won't, long as you haven't accidentally set your region incorrectly...
    Bohrio wrote: »
    I will help you with this, I have to do it on two of my hunters, how far have you gone? did you give the urn to xur? I havent yet

Um... I don't think so?

I have 1 more mission left on Venus then all of Mars. I will happily play through whatever you want though tomorrow night if you've more to do. I still need XP :/

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cheers, was trying to get back into it.
    On level 27 but still such a noob tbh, Haven't done any of the vault of glass stuff yet.
    It still seems very grindy but I will admit it has improved since release.

What's your gamertag. Mines THE BAG M99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You won't, long as you haven't accidentally set your region incorrectly...

Um... I don't think so?

I have 1 more mission left on Venus then all of Mars. I will happily play through whatever you want though tomorrow night if you've more to do. I still need XP :/

oh sorry you mean the story?

I thought you meant the dlc eris morn story

I have a level 10 currently doing venus story, i can fisnish it today and help you tomorrow run through mars,,, or viceversa lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Got the raid helm last night.

I'm now just one set of gauntlets from having all the armour required to get both my titans to level 32.

need 21 shards to get one of them there. Haven't even started on the shard part of the upgrades for the second titan, and obviously won't until I get the first fella leveled.

Is the helm worth getting ? I have all the rest of the raid armour and a xur upgraded exotic helm which will bring me to 32 once I get enough shards for the boots. I have some akhamakara gauntlets that I could swap in but would need a legendary helm for that so not pushed as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Is the helm worth getting ? I have all the rest of the raid armour and a xur upgraded exotic helm which will bring me to 32 once I get enough shards for the boots. I have some akhamakara gauntlets that I could swap in but would need a legendary helm for that so not pushed as yet.

The raid helm is well worth it , as you can then use any exotic piece of armour without dropping down a level

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Mcsirl wrote: »

Id pick the exotic you reckon suits your play style the best and get the raid gear to match the set to get to 32. For example my hunter has the Achlyophage Symbiote exotic, which gives an extra golden gun shot. For me, I will never take this off as I dont use the blade dancer sub class, so i dont need the raid helmet.
    Having said that, I use the Armamentarium (sp?) on my striker titan so I will need the raid helmet on that. Ill use the Saint 14 for the defender so again wint need a raid helmet...

It would be nice to have a 36 light non exotic to cover any DLC exotic gear that comes out I guess, but the level cap will probably increase with these making the Crota gear as much use as the VoG gear is now...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

oh sorry you mean the story?

I thought you meant the dlc eris morn story

I have a level 10 currently doing venus story, i can fisnish it today and help you tomorrow run through mars,,, or viceversa lol

Lol, I still have a little of Venus to go, add my new psn (shinhadoomken) and if you're still Venusing tonight I'll hop on?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Id pick the exotic you reckon suits your play style the best and get the raid gear to match the set to get to 32. For example my hunter has the Achlyophage Symbiote exotic, which gives an extra golden gun shot. For me, I will never take this off as I dont use the blade dancer sub class, so i dont need the raid helmet.
    Having said that, I use the Armamentarium (sp?) on my striker titan so I will need the raid helmet on that. Ill use the Saint 14 for the defender so again wint need a raid helmet...

It would be nice to have a 36 light non exotic to cover any DLC exotic gear that comes out I guess, but the level cap will probably increase with these making the Crota gear as much use as the VoG gear is now...

Ruin rings are the best titan exotic to use. Helm of saint 14 is great in certain situations but having an unlimited supply of heavy ammo tops it.

I also have
    An Insurmountable Skullfort
    No Back Up Plans
    Crest of Alpha Luphi
    Armourmentarium
    Searcher MK 44 boots.

• Advertisement

Lol, I still have a little of Venus to go, add my new psn (shinhadoomken) and if you're still Venusing tonight I'll hop on?

Thats great I will go through most of it and if I need to do it again I will do them with you, I wont do any strikes as I still have all of them pending! ;)

I will add you now, el_senior_fats is my psn

Just finished my 4th Raid on hard on PS4, I have to say that so far I have been very lucky, to date I have got (weapon wise)

VoC
    Vex
    Praedyth's time piece
    Hezen Vengeance
    Atheons Epilogue
    Fatebringer (missed this baby sooo much)

And around 68 shards and 80 energies

I wish CE raid would have been kinder to me, ran it twice today all I got is 2 energies each time... well there is always next week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ran VOG last night with my Titan. Got the helmet, chestplate and boots along with Red Death. Wasn't like this back in the day.
    Got Ruin Wings out of the Nightfall which is about the third or fourth time I've had them drop after buying them from Xur.

hey guys

Something weird just happening. I was leveling up on my 3rd character. Its a lv10, finished doing some missions on earth, went back to the tower and noticed there was something waiting for me at the tower, in fact two things, one of them was a progression envelope from which I had a mote of light and the other was a blue envelope (dont remember what it said) which turn into the devil you dont hand cannon?

now this is on my lv 10 and this is the same weapon the vanguard sales (at least no extended clip)

so i am not sure what happened there

delighted obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hey guys

Something weird just happening. I was leveling up on my 3rd character. Its a lv10, finished doing some missions on earth, went back to the tower and noticed there was something waiting for me at the tower, in fact to things, one of them was a progression envelope from which I had a mote of light and the other was a blue envelope (dont remember what it said) which turn into the devil you dont hand cannon?

now this is on my lv 10 and this is the same weapon the vanguard sales (at least no extended clip)

so i am not sure what happened there

delighted obviously

Could be luck.

Could be the christmas present Bungie promised, and is due this week at some point as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dunno but don't worry you'd be dismantling that piece of **** even if you could use it at level 1!

Checked reddit, looks like your Christmas present.

I thought as much, login into my xbox now to check there

I wanted to try it, would have preferred the 13 bullet version or the chance but hey, its free, I have no weapons, so its staying Adam! ;)

edit: just checked my xbox there is something waiting for me ther as well.. will report back asap

yeah its our xmas present, got another one on my xbox... though I was going mad! lol

funny thing is that i was going to buy it this week as despite getting bad reviews i was bored of all my primaries... so i guess i dont need to buy it anymore

note.. the one i got on xbox has extended mags, range finder and third eye!

this is the good version..;)

i believe its 12 bullets in the mag

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

got a pulse rifle .... pfff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Game is not recognizing my PSN plus ffs, Can do nothing only the daily mission as the rest of the game requires you to have plus. I restored the license and restarted a few times nothing.

I read that sony are doing a little bit of work on the PSN side so it better by fix by late this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Game is not recognizing my PSN plus ffs, Can do nothing only the daily mission as the rest of the game requires you to have plus. I restored the license and restarted a few times nothing.

I read that sony are doing a little bit of work on the PSN side so it better by fix by late this evening.

Thats a right pain in the ar$e. You must be fed up especially coming off the back of the Bungie server connection issues and the downtime over Christmas.

I'd actually thought you'd given up - what with the lack of quality drops / rewards and all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Anyone here planning on running Crota or the Vault of Glass tonight? I'll be on around 9 if anyone is up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

cdb wrote: »
    Anyone here planning on running Crota or the Vault of Glass tonight? I'll be on around 9 if anyone is up for it.

If I can get on later, count me in, though timing could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

VOG hm today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats a right pain in the ar$e. You must be fed up especially coming off the back of the Bungie server connection issues and the downtime over Christmas.

I'd actually thought you'd given up - what with the lack of quality drops / rewards and all :D

The lack of drops is mental on my behalf. In all the time I have played the game I have only ever got 2 purple drops EVER!

Any decent gun I have I got from a RAID, which I have only done about 4 and got the Gjallahorn, VOC and Mida tool and Pred. Revenge sniper. So raid drops have been good in fairness.

Deffo starting to get pissed off trolling stikes every night, need to cast the friends net wider to get into more raids. Dont get many invites for raids and when I see them being started spaces are gone FAST!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Id be on for VOG HM, will be on from 8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The lack of drops is mental on my behalf. In all the time I have played the game I have only ever got 2 purple drops EVER!

Any decent gun I have I got from a RAID, which I have only done about 4 and got the Gjallahorn, VOC and Mida tool and Pred. Revenge sniper. So raid drops have been good in fairness.

Deffo starting to get pissed off trolling stikes every night, need to cast the friends net wider to get into more raids. Dont get many invites for raids and when I see them being started spaces are gone FAST!

That's 2 purple drops more than I've gotten. Any legendary weapon I have has either been from VoG or leveling up Vanguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Should be a few teams running VoG tonight, planning on a run tonight myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

I'm available for HMVoG or CE, just tell me when.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you in the PS4 chat room?
    I am, just figured it might have been quicker to ask here, as the chat seemed to be laggy for the last while.
    I might not be playing tonight. If I'm not on tonight I will be on tomorrow night.

But no need to wait for me. Go ahead if you find someone else.

Ended up not being on last night. If you are on tonight, give me a shout. Will drop a message in the chat to see if anyone else is up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Same here - HM VOG. I have a templar savepoint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement