Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Should be a few teams running VoG tonight, planning on a run tonight myself.

What time you doing VoG at?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    What time you doing VoG at?

Should be between 8.30-8.45

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Should be between 8.30-8.45

K, ill be on for then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Cormac our resident guru :P will be on later to give you a much better description but that's it in a nutshell.

Nah that sums it up pretty well
    Nope different problem. Don't want to get in to it but believe me I tried everything. Was actually my own fault.

Jaysus thats annoying
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The lack of drops is mental on my behalf. In all the time I have played the game I have only ever got 2 purple drops EVER!

Any decent gun I have I got from a RAID, which I have only done about 4 and got the Gjallahorn, VOC and Mida tool and Pred. Revenge sniper. So raid drops have been good in fairness.

Deffo starting to get pissed off trolling stikes every night, need to cast the friends net wider to get into more raids. Dont get many invites for raids and when I see them being started spaces are gone FAST!

Well you got Gjallahorn so thats the main thing :)
    A lot of use the Playstation phone app to send messages ya see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Did the layout of the Mars strike change recently?

I got to the part with the tank in the Nightfall and it is usually easy to get past. But I got shot twice straight and died. The normal plan of shooting between the tree and rock didn't work at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Can people join a team mid mission?
    I could use a hand on Venus...

PS3 CianRyan90
    Being killed by vex...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody able to help me get the chest at the end of the corridor in CE? Will be on for bit tonight and then tomorrow also. Have the checkpoint, so can go straight to it, myself and gtroni didn't have much luck earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

CianRyan wrote: »
    Can people join a team mid mission?
    I could use a hand on Venus...

PS3 CianRyan90
    Being killed by vex...

Yeah people can join mid-mission, unfortunately I'm on PS4 so can't help ya out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah people can join mid-mission, unfortunately I'm on PS4 so can't help ya out :(

So worries, dude.
    I've left the darkened zone to grind for a bit!

Was joined by a lower lever player but they help just enough as was needed.

Thanks, who ever you were. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hey guys, just wondering does Destiny require any codes or anything to play the game/access multiplayer? I'm considering buying it from Amazon warehouse to save a bit of money :P

• Advertisement

Hey guys, just wondering does Destiny require any codes or anything to play the game/access multiplayer? I'm considering buying it from Amazon warehouse to save a bit of money :P

It requires Xbox Live Gold on 360/One and PS+ on PS4 for multiplayer, no additional requirements on PS3. If you are getting it on PS4 Amazon are selling the Limited Edition for £39.99 which includes the €35 expansion pass.

It requires Xbox Live Gold on 360/One and PS+ on PS4 for multiplayer, no additional requirements on PS3. If you are getting it on PS4 Amazon are selling the Limited Edition for £39.99 which includes the €35 expansion pass.

Is the expansion pass worth it? What does it do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Are you on PlayStation? A ps+ subscription is needed to play the online/multiplayer parts.

Check adverts or the likes of cex, game may be better value 2nd hand.

cdb wrote: »
    Are you on PlayStation? A ps+ subscription is needed to play the online/multiplayer parts.

Check adverts or the likes of cex, game may be better value 2nd hand.

Yup, I've got PS4 and ps+ :P as noted above its cheap for the limited edition version, just wondering the benefits on the expansion pass?

Is the expansion pass worth it? What does it do?

The expansion pack gives you access to the first two add on packs for Destiny, I wouldn't say the pack is worth it so far, but the way the game is structured having the expansions is pretty essential.

Not having the expansions will restrict some of the high level activities if any of the dlc content is selected for the Daily Mission or the Weekly and Nightfall Strikes. The Nightfall is pretty essential as it gives you an XP buff for the rest of the week and has a reasonably high chance of giving you an Exotic Weapon/Armour piece as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Got the LDR5001 from the postmaster , seems ok, but can't see it replacing P&T, Black Hammer or IB though. Did anyone get anything good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got another One Way Ticket rocket launcher although doing a different elemental damage. Had an arc one and got a void or solar one yesterday.

Did one full run on Crota yesterday. Got shards and the Machine Gun. Still need one more piece of armour for my titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Got the LDR5001 from the postmaster , seems ok, but can't see it replacing P&T, Black Hammer or IB though. Did anyone get anything good ?

I got the scout rifle Another NitC. Think I may have lucked out on the perks too: Luck in the Chamber / Explosive Rounds / Firefly.

Got a Vanguard pulse rifle, don't really use them and had it already but not complaining. Stuck it in the vault for the time being.

Got Hawkmoon from the normal VoG raid. Not had a chance to use it yet but will give it a lash as a few on here like it.

Anyone else finding the number and quality of drops have improved a bit lately, not just rewards for the raids and strikes but random drops and loot in general? Seems to me at least to be much more frequent and of a higher quality over the past few weeks.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    K, ill be on for then

Congrats on hitting 32 last night Rossi

me_1023.jpg

• Advertisement

cdb wrote: »
    Got Hawkmoon from the normal VoG raid. Not had a chance to use it yet but will give it a lash as a few on here like it.

Know so many people looking for this it's untrue, myself included. I know several lads that play this religously - one of them 10 hours plus a day and it still hasn't dropped. Friend of mine got it and had been constantly slagging me off. It was escalating so I've told them all I'm sharding it as soon as I get it. I now only refer to it as the "Shard"
    The outrage is comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Got Hawkmoon myself from the NF yesterday eve ... didn't actually believe it!!!

Looks great, I will use it. I nearly maxed out my Last Word, so i'm glad to have a new hand cannon to level up ( still will try to get Fatebringer )

9 chards away from 22!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

i meant 32 obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

One of our raid team hasn't gotten the Hawkmoon or Ghallajorn despite having huge playtime. I've been quite lucky and have all of the raid guns and all but 4 exotics, have no interest in any of the remaining ones either. Games gone rather stale though, have only done Crota for the last 2 weeks, they need to release HM asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I too am getting tired of grinding out strike and bounties. Did the VOG last night and it was okay but the craic was mighty......deffo its "who" you play with that makes the game. I was in tears at some of the stuff we were going on about....pure random ****e but great fun all the same.

Got nothing but energies for the whole raid and then I got Atheons Epilouge at the very last part, so at least I have a void primary now.
    Gonna try and do CE tonight for the first time so if anyone else is on for it that has done it already hit me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Know so many people looking for this it's untrue, myself included. I know several lads that play this religously - one of them 10 hours plus a day and it still hasn't dropped. Friend of mine got it and had been constantly slagging me off. It was escalating so I've told them all I'm sharding it as soon as I get it. I now only refer to it as the "Shard"
    The outrage is comical.

Considering my play time is just over 100 hours (substantially less than a lot but its a lot for me) it looks like I've been seriously lucky with the random drops. I've listed the weapons below. A lot of them I havent even had time to use yet. :o

I got the Hawkmoon from a raid I was invited to for about 5mins and the rest just randomly from strikes, etc..

Primary so far:
    1. 123 Syzygy (pulse) - dont use pulse rifles so havent even tried this one yet.
    2. Another NitC (Scout) x2 - nice gun, no need for two but havent dismantled it yet. Not sure why.
    3. Up for Anything (Auto) - delighted at this as I was going to buy an auto. Havent used it yet but will give it a go in crucible this weekend.
    4. Also have 2 husk of the pits - havent started doing that yet. I'm still level 1 with Eris! .. must start doing those bounties. Now that I got the Auto Rifle above I mightnt bother with these.
    5. And as I said Hawkmoon (hand cannon) - I use this pretty much all the time now. Only starting to get used to it. Serious damage from it and its not even maxed out yet! :eek:
    Special so far:
    1. Y-09 Longbow Synthesis (sniper) - havent used it yet
    2. The crash (shotgun) - havent used it yet - its a pre DLC gun
    3. Prudence II (sniper) - used it twice, I suck with sniper rifles - also pre DLC
    4. Plug One.1 - (fusion) - havent used it yet.
    5. Purifier VII (fusion) - used it before getting Murmur - redundant now - also pre DLC
    6. The Trolley Problem (fusion) - havent used it yet.
    7. Murmur - (fusion) - use it regularly, nearly fully maxed, need an upgrade from Eris so it wont max out till then. Love this gun though.
    Heavy so far:
    1. Valedictorian 9-44 (rocket launcher) - started using this now. I like it but think I prefer machine guns tbh.
    2. MG18A Harms Way (machine gun) - love this gun, need to fully upgrade it though.
    I've also had had two sets of Ruin Wings so far one of which I dismantled last night and off the top of my head probably another 3 or 4 sets of exotics for other characters like hunters and warlocks which I've just dismantled as I've no intention of having more than one character on the go as I just dont have the time unfortunately.

I decided last night to put my exotic helmet (helm of inmost light) to one side and purchase a legendary helmet from the vangaurd. 150 marks gone.
    Put on a set of Ruin Wings then as my exotic. One game later in a strike and I get a feckin Legendary Titan Helmet. Maybe thats karma. :D I was ragin!

I was messaging back and forth with Atsbury1 last night who made a good point. Wouldnt it be great if we could share out all the different parts we dont need/want. :cool:

Anyway I have 40 strange coins burning a hole in my pocket so cant wait to see what Xur brings. I kinda wish I'd bought dragons breath last week.

Hopefully I can level up my Ruin Wings and Legendary helmet as well this weekend and join the 31 ranked crews. Not doing Raids means I'll not get to 32 but 31 is fine by me! :)

Have all the old exotics (some of them several times) except
    - gjaellehorn :mad::(
    - hawkmoon
    - monte carlo
    - thorn (but have the bounty 187/500 @ pvp and will get it done)

Only have the sniper exotic from the DLC and it's universally understood to be awful. Also have Dragon's Breath.

Have all the VOG weapons and just missing the shotgun from CE.

Favourite weapon is still the Suros. I prefer the faction / vanguard fusions to the murmer / Raid Fusions for specials. Haven't really settled on a favourite heavy. Probably still corrective measures.

There's not much exotic armour I need. One helmet for the Warlock I really want, think it's called Obsidian Mind. Not sure what it does but it looks awesome.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I too am getting tired of grinding out strike and bounties. Did the VOG last night and it was okay but the craic was mighty......deffo its "who" you play with that makes the game. I was in tears at some of the stuff we were going on about....pure random ****e but great fun all the same.

Got nothing but energies for the whole raid and then I got Atheons Epilouge at the very last part, so at least I have a void primary now.
    Gonna try and do CE tonight for the first time so if anyone else is on for it that has done it already hit me up.

Should have streamed it, Tommy Tiernan would have a new source for his material ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I finally levelled up my third hunter yesterday, will need to run the nightfall, heroic and VoG hard as well as Crotas End so if you are online hit me and I will join.

I am getting very lucky with the drops so far (compared to Xbox). But I still only have a couple of exotics drops.

Hoping the nightfall and raids will give me something good, CE definetively doesnt like me, still need the boots, hopefully they will drop next will and I will make it to 32 then. It would be great if I could make it to 32 in only 2 weeks. Has been mad to be honest, 3 characters and reaching 31 on all of them in 1 week was hard enough, lots of grinding, but at least my job is done now on Ps4, once I do the raids and NF/Heroics I am back to my Xbox for the rest of the week!: :)

• Advertisement

Have all the old exotics (some of them several times) except
    - gjaellehorn :mad::(
    - hawkmoon
    - monte carlo
    - thorn (but have the bounty 187/500 @ pvp and will get it done)

Only have the sniper exotic from the DLC and it's universally understood to be awful. Also have Dragon's Breath.

Have all the VOG weapons and just missing the shotgun from CE.

Favourite weapon is still the Suros. I prefer the faction / vanguard fusions to the murmer / Raid Fusions for specials. Haven't really settled on a favourite heavy. Probably still corrective measures.

There's not much exotic armour I need. One helmet for the Warlock I really want, think it's called Obsidian Mind. Not sure what it does but it looks awesome.

Have gotten most of the exotics here as well, missing MIDA Multi Tool, Hawkmoon, Vex Mythoclast, Fourth Horseman, Gjallarhorn and Super Good Advice(currently have bounty).

Have gotten all the VoG weapons except Praetorian Foil, have only gotten Light of the Abyss(fusion) and 3x Swordbreakers(shotgun) from CE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement