Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on tonight to do either of the raids on Xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    I finally levelled up my third hunter yesterday, will need to run the nightfall, heroic and VoG hard as well as Crotas End so if you are online hit me and I will join.

I am getting very lucky with the drops so far (compared to Xbox). But I still only have a couple of exotics drops.

Hoping the nightfall and raids will give me something good, CE definetively doesnt like me, still need the boots, hopefully they will drop next will and I will make it to 32 then. It would be great if I could make it to 32 in only 2 weeks. Has been mad to be honest, 3 characters and reaching 31 on all of them in 1 week was hard enough, lots of grinding, but at least my job is done now on Ps4, once I do the raids and NF/Heroics I am back to my Xbox for the rest of the week!: :)

Don't come crawling back to us now :P the PS4 crowd can have you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't come crawling back to us now :P the PS4 crowd can have you :D

I am not welcome anymore... I see, how dare you sr, how dare you!!

lol

You aint getting rid of me that easily... not yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,859 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

will anyone be looking to do a cheesy Crota raid over the next few days? Have a level 30 hunter I'd like to get some drops for....

will also be looking to do nightfall once more and another couple of weeklies before saturday if people are around. PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Mitch, same here : I have one more NF and some cheesy crota to do. Can solo the first part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is the expansion pass worth it? What does it do?

As a stand alone purchase for €30? No
    As part of a €50 limited edition with base game plus 2x expansion passes? Definitely. I'd definitely pick it up, if you just get the base game you'll end up buying the DLC in 2 weeks anyway
    CianRyan wrote: »
    Can people join a team mid mission?
    I could use a hand on Venus...

I do.... constantly.... right at the end.... just so I can get the rewards :D
    That being said I don't have any problem with others doing likewise on missions/strikes etc.
    There's a general "join away" rule on PS4.
    I've only been kicked to orbit by 1 person :P
    The rest of the time it's dance party on the bosses grave
    cdb wrote: »
    Got Hawkmoon from the normal VoG raid. Not had a chance to use it yet but will give it a lash as a few on here like it.

Anyone else finding the number and quality of drops have improved a bit lately, not just rewards for the raids and strikes but random drops and loot in general? Seems to me at least to be much more frequent and of a higher quality over the past few weeks.

God I'd love Hawkmoon

100% yes, the drops have improved undoubtedly.
    I went the bones of 10 weeks with only 1 exotic and 2 legendaries now, I'm doing much better on the ole drops
    I got the scout rifle Another NitC. Think I may have lucked out on the perks too: Luck in the Chamber / Explosive Rounds / Firefly.

Got that too, but with different perks, seems like a real head shot machine great for the "precision damage" bounty
    cdb wrote: »
    Congrats on hitting 32 last night Rossi

Great job.
    Should be right up there with you in 8 days once I've had some time to hum and haw over what exotic I want to use and hopefully get a 2nd set of Warlock Raid armour so I can pick the ones with the perks that suit my play style
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I too am getting tired of grinding out strike and bounties. Did the VOG last night and it was okay but the craic was mighty......deffo its "who" you play with that makes the game. I was in tears at some of the stuff we were going on about....pure random ****e but great fun all the same.

Got nothing but energies for the whole raid and then I got Atheons Epilouge at the very last part, so at least I have a void primary now.
    Gonna try and do CE tonight for the first time so if anyone else is on for it that has done it already hit me up.

Very true, I'm often messing around talking $hite myself, sometimes I'm straight up pi$$ed off my face :pac:

CE is a decent Raid if you try to get good at doing it cheeseless
    My team managed to finished he whole thing with no cheesing in 40 mins which was quiet the accomplishment.
    Considering my play time is just over 100 hours (substantially less than a lot but its a lot for me) it looks like I've been seriously lucky with the random drops. I've listed the weapons below. A lot of them I havent even had time to use yet. :o

I got the Hawkmoon from a raid I was invited to for about 5mins and the rest just randomly from strikes, etc..

I was so jealous when that happened :D
    Also Dragons breath is only so-so and is hard pushed to take my exotic slot over the likes of the Vex, Ice Breaker or Thorn
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Have all the old exotics (some of them several times) except
    - gjaellehorn :mad::(
    - hawkmoon
    - monte carlo
    - thorn (but have the bounty 187/500 @ pvp and will get it done)

Only have the sniper exotic from the DLC and it's universally understood to be awful. Also have Dragon's Breath.

Have all the VOG weapons and just missing the shotgun from CE.

Favourite weapon is still the Suros. I prefer the faction / vanguard fusions to the murmer / Raid Fusions for specials. Haven't really settled on a favourite heavy. Probably still corrective measures.

There's not much exotic armour I need. One helmet for the Warlock I really want, think it's called Obsidian Mind. Not sure what it does but it looks awesome.

Pretty similar situation to myself (but I have Thorn already which is a great gun)
    Have gotten most of the exotics here as well, missing MIDA Multi Tool, Hawkmoon, Vex Mythoclast, Fourth Horseman, Gjallarhorn and Super Good Advice(currently have bounty).

Have gotten all the VoG weapons except Praetorian Foil, have only gotten Light of the Abyss(fusion) and 3x Swordbreakers(shotgun) from CE.

See! I knew we'd be hearing about Light of the Abyss for weeks. It's this years "Vision of Confluence" :D

Also, you're really not missing the Mida or 4th Horseman
    Super good advice once levelled will be great for the 1st phase of the CE Hard Raid (sans-cheddar)

Mitch, same here : I have one more NF and some cheesy crota to do. Can solo the first part.

My hunter doesn't have te don't touch me gauntlets so I can't solo the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My glimmer got a pounding over the week to get to 32, i ended up swapping 28 energie for 28 shards with Eris.

Now i can work on upgrading the black hammer and the fusion and lmg i have from scrota.

But... but.... Swordbreaker? :(

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    See! I knew we'd be hearing about Light of the Abyss for weeks. It's this years "Vision of Confluence" :D

Also, you're really not missing the Mida or 4th Horseman
    Super good advice once levelled will be great for the 1st phase of the CE Hard Raid (sans-cheddar)

Just listing exotics and raid weapon drops, though it is a great fusion rifle vs hive. Nothing better than one shotting a major acolyte or mid level major knight.

• Advertisement

Yup, I am missing the following (I have the other 17, 14 of which are V2.0) due to my obsession with getting Strange Coins from the Nightfalls:

Hard Light
    Hawkmoon - WANT!
    Universal Remote - *shrugs*
    Thunderlord
    Gjallarhorn - WANT!
    Necrochasm - Cannot get now
    The 4th Horseman - *shrugs*

My hunter doesn't have te don't touch me gauntlets so I can't solo the first part.

You dont really need the gauntlets to solo the first part (and no Cormac, I am not telling him to do the rock cheese either! ;))

You can use your invisibility on your hunter (providing you have it unlocked). This is how I was doing it the first few days, activating the first lamp normally helps a bit, it might take you a few tries but you will get there eventually, I find it easier walking beside the left wall at the beginning, just wait until your super is up, set your subclass to max agility and use the invisibility knife perk as well as the extended invisibility one (and of course the crouch invisibility thingie) and you will see how easy it is.

There is a video on you tube of a guy doing it if this helps.

Quick idiotic question as I am away from the console but what difficulty levels do the Daily and Weekly come in since the DLC moved the goal posts?

Quick idiotic question as I am away from the console but what difficulty levels do the Daily and Weekly come in since the DLC moved the goal posts?

24 (?)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You don't need invisibility or a hunter to solo it, just look up the exploit involving the second lamp. I managed it with lvl 29 sunsinger warlock with mida multi-tool to help with speed.

24 (?)

It used to be 22-26-28 right?
    Is it 22-28-30 now or something?

Guys,

Just one note about joining in mid mission.

For me, I like when when someone join me : good to have some help, and I like joining people too, helping where I can.

Now, I joined a Raid Group last week, they were 5, Atheon in normal. Coolio, Get the Vision of Confluence out and Icebreaker, and in one round, it was done and dusted.
    When I joined, I did asked " where's your 6th one ? " - No one said anything significant, so I stayed.

The thing is, another player was trying to join back, and of course, thought I stole his spot ( this happened to me once before, I do agree - not cool ) . Got a message from the other player hours later, and another one to the team leader and myself... but didn't see it until the morning.
    I was especially annoyed since it's someone I regularly join, offer helps when people ask ... a good player and clan mate.

Anyway my point is :
    - If someone join and there is an issue : Speak UP! you want to solo the last NF because you think you'll get a better drop : fair enough, say it, and then close your fire team
    - if someone join a Raid while a dude just got disconnected : 5 persons should speak up ... well, you know, one of the 5 should explain the situation. actually : the party leader should explain, and if the new player don't get the message, the party leader should kick him.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You don't need invisibility or a hunter to solo it, just look up the exploit involving the second lamp. I managed it with lvl 29 sunsinger warlock with mida multi-tool to help with speed.

That's right - i can do it with both my titan and warlock too ... it's still easier with the warlock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

hey guys

Something weird just happening. I was leveling up on my 3rd character. Its a lv10, finished doing some missions on earth, went back to the tower and noticed there was something waiting for me at the tower, in fact two things, one of them was a progression envelope from which I had a mote of light and the other was a blue envelope (dont remember what it said) which turn into the devil you dont hand cannon?

now this is on my lv 10 and this is the same weapon the vanguard sales (at least no extended clip)

so i am not sure what happened there

delighted obviously

I also got The Devil You Don't in the package. It doesn't have great stats though so will be dismantled soon. I used the pre-dlc The Devil You Know, and it was a very good gun as the clip size was bigger. Since the DLC I've gotten TFWPKY 1969 and Venation from drops, and they are much better Hand Cannons and have better upgrades. My version of TFWPKY is fully levelled up and has explosive rounds.......... great gun!

I need to buy a good Sniper this weekend as I've felt a bit useless when doing CE without one. Any suggestions on good vendor Snipers?

It used to be 22-26-28 right?
    Is it 22-28-30 now or something?

Daily 20-26-30
    Heroics 24-28-30

• Advertisement

That's right - i can do it with both my titan and warlock too ... it's still easier with the warlock :)

I saw sniper and a couple of others try that the other night - result in 'GUARDIAN DOWN' every time.

I also got The Devil You Don't in the package. It doesn't have great stats though so will be dismantled soon. I used the pre-dlc The Devil You Know, and it was a very good gun as the clip size was bigger. Since the DLC I've gotten TFWPKY 1969 and Venation from drops, and they are much better Hand Cannons and have better upgrades. My version of TFWPKY is fully levelled up and has explosive rounds.......... great gun!

I need to buy a good Sniper this weekend as I've felt a bit useless when doing CE without one. Any suggestions on good vendor Snipers?

The one off the vanguards is good, has higher impact the the IB but only 4 rounds. Its Arc as well. I will be getting it on PS4 this week as I need a second sniper rifle anyway.

I have it already on my xbox and I like it considering it only has 4 bullets.

My favorite weapons in the vanguard shop will be the rocket launcher, the sniper and the machine gun, not sure about the shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wait and see if you get one in Crota this week first. If not then have a look with the vanguard quartermaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I got a shagging pulse rifle in the post master last night, I'd say I'm the only one. I was empting the magazine into a wall and the bullet spread went to the left about two feet in a diagonal :(. A shagging foregrip and a heavy barrel wouldn't sort it out.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Wait and see if you get one in Crota this week first. If not then have a look with the vanguard quartermaster.

I would still get the vanguard sniper anyway, its arc and it might come handy on those arc burn nightfalls and heroics ;)

Guys,

Just one note about joining in mid mission.

For me, I like when when someone join me : good to have some help, and I like joining people too, helping where I can.

Now, I joined a Raid Group last week, they were 5, Atheon in normal. Coolio, Get the Vision of Confluence out and Icebreaker, and in one round, it was done and dusted.
    When I joined, I did asked " where's your 6th one ? " - No one said anything significant, so I stayed.

The thing is, another player was trying to join back, and of course, thought I stole his spot ( this happened to me once before, I do agree - not cool ) . Got a message from the other player hours later, and another one to the team leader and myself... but didn't see it until the morning.
    I was especially annoyed since it's someone I regularly join, offer helps when people ask ... a good player and clan mate.

Anyway my point is :
    - If someone join and there is an issue : Speak UP! you want to solo the last NF because you think you'll get a better drop : fair enough, say it, and then close your fire team
    - if someone join a Raid while a dude just got disconnected : 5 persons should speak up ... well, you know, one of the 5 should explain the situation. actually : the party leader should explain, and if the new player don't get the message, the party leader should kick him.

100% this.

Also really once you have your team agreed you should set yourselves to "invite only" if you're the FT Leader.
    Just don't forget to change it back :)
    I imagine the above situation was not ideal for anyone involved.

Manys a time I've had people join when we had 5 of us in orbit or mid-raid only to tell them we're waiting on someone who got KTO and they've always been understanding about it

Also soloing the NF will not get you better rewards, I'll stand corrected once someone provides proof (not conjecture) though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Got the MG18A Harm's Way machine gun in the Bungie drop. So well chuffed :)

Along with Murmur, this is something I'll actually use!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I would still get the vanguard sniper anyway, its arc and it might come handy on those arc burn nightfalls and heroics ;)

I will. I should have enough Marks by the weekend. I have plenty of shotties and fusion rifles, so I need to start collecting snipers now for my 3 characters. One of these days I'll own an IceBreaker!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I got the scout rifle Another NitC. Think I may have lucked out on the perks too: Luck in the Chamber / Explosive Rounds / Firefly.

I got Another Nitc too with the perks of radar while aiming and low recoil.

Anyone use this scout?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

awec wrote: »
    I got Another Nitc too with the perks of radar while aiming and low recoil.

Anyone use this scout?

I got that rifle with firefly and zen moment as the perks - would also be interested in hearing if it is any good.
    I had a fully upgraded (300) A.1Fabc scout rifle that I dismantled and got 5 ascendant energies & a scout rifle telemetry back. I didn't know that you could get telemetries for dismantling weapons!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement