Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

nevelator wrote: »
    I got that rifle with firefly and zen moment as the perks - would also be interested in hearing if it is any good.
    I had a fully upgraded (300) A.1Fabc scout rifle that I dismantled and got 5 ascendant energies & a scout rifle telemetry back. I didn't know that you could get telemetries for dismantling weapons!

Only when you've levelled them about 60% of the way up.
    another NitC is a great Scout with the relevant perks
    Not quiet good enough to replace my VoC.
    But it finds headshot really easily

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Only when you've levelled them about 60% of the way up.
    another NitC is a great Scout with the relevant perks
    Not quiet good enough to replace my VoC.
    But it finds headshot really easily

Watched a comparison vid.

Against non solar shielded enemies it does more damage per shot than VoC.

Less bullets though.

Watched a comparison vid.

Against non solar shielded enemies it does more damage per shot than VoC.

Less bullets though.

Yeah, but the problem is I can't be arsed changing guns mid mission for when their is/isn't solar shields involved.
    But when there are no solar shields at all I guess I'd use the Fatebringer or something like the Vex or Vanquisher VIII
    It seems like a great gun if you don't have a full set of VoG Primaries is what I should have said.... or if you don't mind changing weapons every few encounters mid mission.
    I still have mine knocking around and am levelling it as I level special/heavy exotics

Also, like a stopped clock will at least be right twice a day, every now and then Kokatu will write something deep and meaningfull and correct:

http://kotaku.com/destiny-review-update-four-months-later-1678011068

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yeah, but the problem is I can't be arsed changing guns mid mission for when their is/isn't solar shields involved.
    But when there are no solar shields at all I guess I'd use the Fatebringer or something like the Vex or Vanquisher VIII
    It seems like a great gun if you don't have a full set of VoG Primaries is what I should have said.... or if you don't mind changing weapons every few encounters mid mission.
    I still have mine knocking around and am levelling it as I level special/heavy exotics

Also, like a stopped clock will at least be right twice a day, every now and then Kokatu will write something deep and meaningfull and correct:

http://kotaku.com/destiny-review-update-four-months-later-1678011068

He does nail it in so many ways...

In all fairness, the new raid is very very easy compared to the old VoG. The fact that people have soloed it until the end says it all.

But it is too late now, lots of people have made it to level 32 already and never killed crota without cheesing (some people havent even made it passed the deathsinger and are already 32), most of them have all the current available raid weapons as well with little effort from their side, I mean, come on, it takes 5 minutes to kill him properly and it is not even that difficult at all... Sometimes I had to give up because I just couldnt find a team that would be willing to spend 20 minutes trying to kill him without cheesing him

There is little point in fixing it now IMO as the damage is already done, the new raid on hard will be here soon, I am sure they will fix whatever is wrong with it before they release the hard version although again, its a bit too late already, all this cheesing and exploits should have been fixed without a week of releasing the game!

I don't mind cheesing Crota myself - sometimes I simply don't have the time to do otherwise and need to get it done. But I would only cheese CE if I don't have much play time for Destiny that day. I plan on cheesing most of Crota tonight, if possible, because after my 4 hour nightfall and double raid marathon Tuesday my other half did not appear best pleased with me! I'll be able to eek out a bit of time tonight and I'll hopefully cheese as far as the deathsinger. If I know I have a few hours to kill on it I would always prefer to do it right. With the right group it can be very quick anyway. As Cormac said, we got it done in 40mins the other night, no cheesing. And that included some toilet and smoking breaks from a few on the team.

10mins for the first section
    Bridge can be done in about 10 mins, if not quicker.
    Corridor is a minute, max.
    Deathsinger is about 10 or 15mins - to get it done and the mobs cleared out.
    If Crota is done on the first try it will be about 5 mins.

With a good team, Crota should be done within 3 tries. Same for the rest of it.

As has been said before, I'm kinda bored of the solo stuff, the fun I have with destiny is the Nightfall, Weekly and Raids with the people on here as it is good crack. Giving out when people feck up, laughing at stupid deaths, slagging each other off and the little fit bump moment when you get through a section - its all good fun and the only real reason I still play Destiny.

Sure, I am working to get my characters up to level 32 - but I don't want to do it just by cheesing. What is the point in doing it that way? I'm playing the game for enjoyment, not to be level 32..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Our group has been doing 2 legit + a cheesy third since release but this week we went for 3 legit as we'd gotten all of our thirds to at least 30. Hopefully the cheeses are fixed for HM, at least that way CE Primaries will be rare. I reckon HM will catch a lot of people by surprise, CE feels very easy now but like VoG, HM should be a different beast (assuming they fix the exploits).

Yes, I know, I have done it legit twice so far on PS4, and I understand it is easier to cheese him (also easier to find a lobby that wants to do it), tell me about it, I have 6 characters to do nf, heroics, VoG and CE every week!

I am planning on doing it legit again tonight if I can find the right people but most likely I will have to go to LFG and cheese it. I was lucky on tuesday I found a team who wanted to do it legit twice in a row.

At the moment, most people (including myself) CE as just a place to get quick weapons and armor, that's it.

Even without the glitches it is dead easy compared to VoG (IMO).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yes, I know, I have done it legit twice so far on PS4, and I understand it is easier to cheese him (also easier to find a lobby that wants to do it), tell me about it, I have 6 characters to do nf, heroics, VoG and CE every week!

I am planning on doing it legit again tonight if I can find the right people but most likely I will have to go to LFG and cheese it. I was lucky on tuesday I found a team who wanted to do it legit twice in a row.

At the moment, most people (including myself) CE as just a place to get quick weapons and armor, that's it.

Even without the glitches it is dead easy compared to VoG (IMO).

I'm happy to try him legit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »

I should be on as well. Need to do two runs from the start and Crota with one guy.

One more weekly to do as well.

I'd also like to do VOG hard mode at some stage if I have the time.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Ok so we have a team for later then, I will run the NF on PS4 quickly and then switch to me Xb1.

We have 3 so far, maybe mr bag and gerard will join as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If I knew I could be through a raid in a half hour or so I'd be all over them but hearing stories of 4 hours etc along with not being able to mic up all the time puts me off even trying them.

I think I'm ...cough ... destined (sorry) to get to max level 31 before the next round of DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

still have to do :

- One NF
    - 3 Weekly
    - 3 x HM VOG ( well, I don't think I'll have the time, but i have a Templar Checkpoint, so i'll do 3 Templars at least ... hopefully Fatebringer will drop )
    - 2 x CE from the Corridor
    - 1 x CE from the Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Ok so we have a team for later then, I will run the NF on PS4 quickly and then switch to me Xb1.

Would love to get in on this is you have room

Steve will prob be on too

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I should be on as well. Need to do two runs from the start and Crota with one guy.

One more weekly to do as well.

I'd also like to do VOG hard mode at some stage if I have the time.

I have to do 2 heroics still as well. We can start from the beginning if you havent done the first 2 otherwise we will continue from the deathsinger.

Mcsirl you are welcome to join us, have you done it already? whats your gt?

murphy, those stories are just exageration, sure it took me 1-2 hours to beat crota the first time but that was because we didnt know what we were doing, once we got the strategy sorted we finished twice after that (with my other 2 characters). Its all about repetition and familiarizing yourself with the process, it will take a bit at first but the more you do it the better you will be at it

still have to do :

- One NF
    - 3 Weekly
    - 3 x HM VOG ( well, I don't think I'll have the time, but i have a Templar Checkpoint, so i'll do 3 Templars at least ... hopefully Fatebringer will drop )
    - 2 x CE from the Corridor
    - 1 x CE from the Bridge

I'll do the Weekly and 1 full run of VoG Hard and 1 Templar Hard run at VoG this weekend if that's suitable to you, maybe Saturday evening?
    That just leaves you with 3 weekly and 3 Crotas to do in the meantime

I'll probably be doing the VoG on Normal tomorrow Murph if you wanna jump in, we should be able to bomb through it with some lvl31s, be good experience and you're on most Friday evenings,

I have to do 2 heroics still as well. We can start from the beginning if you havent done the first 2 otherwise we will continue from the deathsinger.

Mcsirl you are welcome to join us, have you done it already? whats your gt?

murphy, those stories are just exageration, sure it took me 1-2 hours to beat crota the first time but that was because we didnt know what we were doing, once we got the strategy sorted we finished twice after that (with my other 2 characters). Its all about repetition and familiarizing yourself with the process, it will take a bit at first but the more you do it the better you will be at it

Just need one weekly. I've a crota checkpoint that I got off Dale and the guys Tuesday so no need to do the Death singer unless yous all want to do it.

If I get 5 shards from two full runs and 1 crota I'll have 3 level 32s

#DeathSingerGenuineRunMasterRace :P

I'll do the Weekly and 1 full run of VoG Hard and 1 Templar Hard run at VoG this weekend if that's suitable to you, maybe Saturday evening?
    That just leaves you with 3 weekly and 3 Crotas to do in the meantime

I'll probably be doing the VoG on Normal tomorrow Murph if you wanna jump in, we should be able to bomb through it with some lvl31s, be good experience and you're on most Friday evenings,

I am in for this as well, have to run it on my new hunter

I am in for this as well, have to run it on my new hunter

Which part the Saturday stuff or the Friday VoG Normal?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just need one weekly. I've a crota checkpoint that I got off Dale and the guys Tuesday so no need to do the Death singer unless yous all want to do it.

If I get 5 shards from two full runs and 1 crota I'll have 3 level 32s

no no no! you will have 1 level 32 ;) three times

Shouldn't be a problem though, you should easily get at least some armor which will turn into 2-3 shards. Although my last 2 runs on PS4 gave me nothing but energies at the end.

I will be online at around 7pm today?

Keep that crota cp close just in case we run out of time and we want to jump straight to it. In fact, we should probably run it 3 times and then start it from the beginning up unti lthe 2nd chest.

Its bungies fault for not making the DS drop any loot! lol

no no no! you will have 1 level 32 ;) three times

Shouldn't be a problem though, you should easily get at least some armor which will turn into 2-3 shards. Although my last 2 runs on PS4 gave me nothing but energies at the end.

I will be online at around 7pm today?

Keep that crota cp close just in case we run out of time and we want to jump straight to it. In fact, we should probably run it 3 times and then start it from the beginning up unti lthe 2nd chest.

Its bungies fault for not making the DS drop any loot! lol

Should be on around the same time.

Which part the Saturday stuff or the Friday VoG Normal?

The saturday stuff, weekly and VoG on hard, that's if I havent done it by then already

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'm sure I'll be on if you need another person.

I'm helping a friend who just started the game. She should hit level 20 tonight.

I'm sure I'll be on if you need another person.

I'm helping a friend who just started the game. She should hit level 20 tonight.

Get her to join the clan as well. Xbox members are small enough. That way more people can help her ou .

If anyone wants to read some cool lore speculation have a look at this thread and the relevant replies and posts.
    FWC FTW!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/89990234/0/0

Stuff like:
    I have a standing theory of my own. I think Rasputin IS the Vex. One consciousness controlling literally billions of individual units across galaxies? Wouldn't be too hard for a Super computer A.I. would it? EVERY mission that involves Vex and ONLY Vex involve the guardians invading the places the Vex are occupying.

These missions also all seem to have a glaring flaw or strategic weakness that your meant to find or figure out. Almost like a training course or activity with Rasputin as your training instructor. Your meant to fail, unless your exceptional. Ras knows what's out there, the things you'll have to face, and he NEEDS you ready.

RAS survived the collapse even though all other Warminds didn't. It's not hard to imagine he could survive long enough to master time travel, develop and perfect a weapon platform he could use against our enemies and to prepare us for what's coming. The Vex.

While looking for the Gate Lord's eye your Ghost mentions that the Vex constructs and ruins on Venus pre-date human history. Think about it, if the world ends and you want to change that but you need to build a army uncontested and completely hidden what better place than the past on a planet that no living being will set foot on for millennia?

Also think about this; Cabal attack the Dust Palace, Hive use a shard of the traveler to silence it, and the Fallen raid a prison and liberate a Archon Priest. But what move does the Vex make directly against us? In the case of the Archon Priest it's almost like the Vex where trying to STOP the Fallen until you get there! After you take out the Vex near priests pod, poof no more Vex, it's like the Vex suddenly thought "OH, the guardians are here they got this.".

Just a thought.

And
    When you're off to kill the Gate Lord to take its head to the Queen, Ghost gives you a bit of a low-down on the Gate Lord:

Here's what we have on the Gate Lord: Three stories tall, protect the realms the Vex keep locked out of time. Time?? That can't be right..."

This line always seemed so awkward and unresolved to me, but using this theory as a framework, it fits in perfectly. We killed the Gate Lord, thousands and thousands of times, because we broke time by doing it, allowing everything to be cyclical and/or in arbitrary order.

If anyone wants to read some cool lore speculation have a look at this thread and the relevant replies and posts.
    FWC FTW!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/89990234/0/0

Stuff like:

And

Would make a mockery of the first game though.

The end game of the base story is us defeating the Vex in the black garden. So the ENTIRE first game is actually a form of training ground? the first Raid too? What is Rasputin hiding in the Vault of Glass?

I still think the story is simply broken, rather than unfinished and subtle. I reckon the rumours of the story being ripped up and stripped down are true - with the Stranger, the Speaker and the Traveler all having orginally had far bigger and more interesting parts to play.

I did hope the DLC story missions would bring back some of these elements, but Crota and its missions are pretty self contained with the destiny universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

One of our friends joined late and we sped run him through it. In the party chat after and he was thankful and all but because of the rush through "I don't really understand the story"
    Cue awkward silence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Extremely rare Exotic - http://youtu.be/gJ9OAuJhHmM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement