Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Why hasn't Bohrio posted Xur's location and goodies?
    Can he not find him?
    Is my clock wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Xur is back

An insurmountable skullfort (titan helmet)
    Lucky Raspberry (hunter chestpiece)
    Starfire protocol (warlock chestpiece)
    Last word
    No exotic engram though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Bohrio wrote: »
    Xur is back

Last word
    No exotic engram though

I have all those things :( Is he at least selling heavy ammo synths?

Think I need to upgrade all that armour. May as well purchase all three and scrap the ones I have for shards. Have the last word @ 331.
    What upgrades does he have?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sweet last word...I'm waiting ages to get it..
    Need 14 more coins. I know the weekly will give me upto 9.
    Any other strike/raid that will guarantee coins?

• Advertisement

Nightfall can sometimes drop coins as rewards but your best bet imo is to grind through the dlc strikes and get a load of blue engrams. These will generate several and they will drop as rewards too.

I have all those things :( Is he at least selling heavy ammo synths?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Will buy the skullfort and shard my old one. Think I'll upgrade my hard light as well. Maybe buy a few heavy ammo synths as well. 102 strange coins to spend and one weekly still to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Damn - needed some exotic gauntlets from Xur for my titan. What. A. Jerk.

Might buy last word though.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Xur has the Monte Carlo Upgrade! I was waiting for that one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Frustrating run on VOG last night seems to be happening more frequently that Atheon has serious lag/glitch issues....just want the Vex is that to much to ask
    Hopefully better luck tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I was in the HM VOG yesterday :)

Some funny bugs and lags for sure - but still a good group\ session there - it was working well, the server performance did let us down.

Well do it this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Xur is back

Last word
    No exotic engram though

Any of these worth the coins ?

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Ill be getting The Last Word, thinking about the Warlock chest piece, anyone know if its worth it?

Also I see the weapon has gone up to 23 coins from 17 !

Also I see the weapon has gone up to 23 coins from 17 !

Think thats because its a Primary weapon, others are 17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

It's for my Warlock.

Yes but Warlocks are worth 75 points for kill/assist whereas Titans and Hunters are only 25

So no way I am spending 23 coins on the last word, no offence but a pretty average hand cannon that although cool to use, serves no purpose on PvE and it takes an exotic slot.

Specially since I have fatebringer so I am thinking of keeping my coins for next week and spend some in an exotic shard and some heavy ammo synths.

Shame he is not selling an exotic engram as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Anyone rate the Starfire Protocol chest armor for Warlocks?

Perks are extra ammo for Fusion Rifles, Heavy Weapons and an additional Fusion Grenade.

It would be replacing Light Beyond Nemesis (faster revives, bonus abilities)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

just playing through co-op missions atm..so good. Still have yet to discover pvp mode

Personally, I'd stay away from Crucible till you're about level 15 and have finished the Main Story. Not because you are unwelcome but you will find it pretty frustrating without the maximum stats for Agility/Strength/Armour. Attack and Defense are balanced across all levels but these are not. Plus the 2nd row of upgrades for your sub-class are super handy. Of course if you like it now, stay in there, but a lot of players go in too early, get annihilated in 5 games and never go back. Once you understand the mechanics a bit better you'll enjoy it more.
    Plus some of the nerdier among us have dedicated PvP armour loudest :P
    Yep but there's not a lot going for people sub 20. Once you hit 20 we can add you to the 20-26 chat. I'll be happy to help you through some weekly strikes etc then and then the raid when you hit 26/27.

Can't figure out how to link from app but search for "Official Boards IE Clan 2" on bungie.net and request to be added.

If we're completely honest even the 20-26 chat is completely dead. Once you hit 20 it's a pretty quick progression to 24 though on the positive side.
    Then at least with a few weeklies (strange coins for exotics) and the guarateed legendary from Eris for the URN quest you should be able to push on. 27 is where it's at really :)
    dudeeile wrote: »
    Anyone have any advice now that my vanguard and crucible rep is up should I fire ahead and join a faction to also level these. I know I will be forfeiting the gifts that I receive for every new rank attained until I reach 3 with the new faction but also having these levelled may be of some use later. If I do this will I maintain my present rank when I revert back later. Or should I just stick with the way it is now.

I've levelled them all to level 3, it's great to have choices for armour and weapons. NM have the Vanquisher, Dead Orbit have Deviant Gravity-A etc
    Current rankings will remain as they are. I just finished getting to rank 3 for New Monarchy so when I visit Xur tomorrow and get the crucible part of the Bad Juju bounty I'll use that as an excuse to get the marks I need for Vanquisher VIII.

That's a fantastic AR for PvP, up there with certain Up For Anything and Shadow Price ARs (perks depending) and only beaten by the Suros and Vex
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Cheeses in CE are all getting patched out on Tuesday, plus the first chest will no longer have a chance for an exotic but the Deathsinger will. No more skipping that it seems. Should still be pretty easy to solo the lamps though, just longer.

VoG exotics are getting bumped up to 331 attack versions too.

Cormac approves of this patch.
    Don't bother, patrol missions will just keep generating. You should go onto the next available story mission as soon as you reach the stated level for normal mode.

And yes Phlegmy that was pretty bad, nothing like being detained, teleported, killed and succumbing to the oracles within a 1 second timeframe.

Pity Rossi wasn't there, could have 1 shooted Atheon all the way from Venus while in a detain field surrounded by supplicants and while succumbed
    #NoLandBeyondMasterRace
    ahh ive only a level 8 mission left on Old Russia so I guess I'll just move onto the next planet :P

That's a strike, best off do them later on Hard when you're like level 12, you can bomb through them and get better XP and rewards

The Last Word, while pricy, is a lot of fun to use, and pretty great in PvP if you like Hand Cannons
    dudeeile wrote: »
    Yes but Warlocks are worth 75 points for kill/assist whereas Titans and Hunters are only 25

That's a weird weird bounty :D
    Space Magic!
    cdb wrote: »
    Anyone rate the Starfire Protocol chest armor for Warlocks?

Perks are extra ammo for Fusion Rifles, Heavy Weapons and an additional Fusion Grenade.

It would be replacing Light Beyond Nemesis (faster revives, bonus abilities)

"Perks" :D
    Pretty sure I've gotten some generic legendary drops with better "Perks"
    I do not rate it at all at all
    So no way I am spending 23 coins on the last word, no offence but a pretty average hand cannon that although cool to use, serves no purpose on PvE and it takes an exotic slot.

Specially since I have fatebringer so I am thinking of keeping my coins for next week and spend some in an exotic shard and some heavy ammo synths.

Shame he is not selling an exotic engram as well

It's really the PvP Hand Cannon of choice, up there with Thorn and TDYK
    It's generally considered one of the best HCs, if you don't mind firing from the hip that is.
    Outside of PvP, yeah, I'd stick with Fatebringer or Thorn

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's really the PvP Hand Cannon of choice, up there with Thorn and TDYK
    It's generally considered one of the best HCs, if you don't mind firing from the hip that is.
    Outside of PvP, yeah, I'd stick with Fatebringer or Thorn

So I should stick with Thorn over TLW ?

So I should stick with Thorn over TLW ?

If you don't have the Last Word I'd buy it for the aesthetics alone. It's a little different than anything else.
    Unless you're stuck for strange coins I'd pick it up.
    Thorn is better than TLW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Buying TLW just because it leaves me 2 guns short of the full set :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Nothing to buy from Xur this week. I already have The Last Word. It is a great weapon for PvP.

Used it all the way through a previous Iron Banner event and did very well with it. I remember buying it from Xur and then a day or so later getting it to drop in the Raid.

AdamD wrote: »
    Buying TLW just because it leaves me 2 guns short of the full set :pac:

Nice. Which two are you missing?
    Also thought I heard there was a rare exotic pulse rifle that you can get from an exotic bounty though I've never heard anyone getting it.
    Damn these urban legends.

• thebag89 wrote: »
    What's your gamertag. Mines THE BAG M99

Sorry, only spotting this now. Il drop you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Nice. Which two are you missing?
    Also thought I heard there was a rare exotic pulse rifle that you can get from an exotic bounty though I've never heard anyone getting it.
    Damn these urban legends.

Is this what you are thinking of? Its an exotic Scout rifle, so maybe there is something else I am not aware of.

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Fate_of_All_Fools

Fate of All Fools.

The bounty isn't available yet.

One lad, who had brain surgery or something brain related, was using Destiny as part of his rehab and when Bungie were made aware of this they gifted him it.

ah yeah Fate of All fools that may be it sorry thought it was a pulse rifle.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you have a hunter Lucky raspberry is very good. Having a grenade ready every time you respawn is very handy.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement