Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So who determines that this is a rule of thumb for a product they have purchased?

Why dont you you go to destinylfg to look for a game?

I dont mind bungie adding this option to the game I just know it wont work. And what do you expect to get out of this raid with matchmaking? I mean, weapons? armor?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The raids are not really for people who have only played the game on and off, or if you want to call them that; casuals. Raids are the pinnacle of the game and are there for people who want to put in the time and effort to get to the highest level. I'm not overly concerned that Jimmy who has put 25/30 hours into the game can't play a raid.

Let's not be those guys :)
    As for Xur, he has nothing there for me this week. Looks like I'll have to upgrade my 300 IceBreaker as he hasn't sold the upgrade since week one and I want that damage level.

Yeah, sweet F All for me too.... pretty similar to what he's had the last 3 weeks in general, even the upgrades :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Matchmaking would save people a maximum of five minutes but would put them through far more suffering than lfg does where you're almost guarenteed a higher level of commitment. Its really not hard to just post on lfg and find yourself a raid team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

So who determines that this is a rule of thumb for a product they have purchased?

The game? Your skill level? If you are not at the required level you cannot play. If you are not at the required skill level and don't understand the raid, you won't get through to the areas that drop the good stuff.

If somebody really wants to do a raid and is confident that they can get through it after playing for 30 hours, destinylfg and r\fireteams have always for people looking to sherpa newbies.

Trust me when I tell you that doing a raid where your teammates come from matchmaking would be more likely to leave a newbie with a bad impression of the game, rather than a good one.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Let's not be those guys :)

Yeah, sweet F All for me too.... pretty similar to what he's had the last 3 weeks in general, even the upgrades :rolleyes:

Yeah, somebody said it earlier so consistency of message and all. :pac:

Tbh, I'm a casual compared to many here. Have only about 180 hours done total where some of you have 400+.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Nice. Which two are you missing?
    Also thought I heard there was a rare exotic pulse rifle that you can get from an exotic bounty though I've never heard anyone getting it.
    Damn these urban legends.

Monte Carlo and Such Good Advice. I'm not overly fussed as they take so long to rank up and I only use maybe 5 exotics but it would be nice to get them all.

Cormac: Can add Mida Tool to The Abyss, very useful. Also those Hunter Gauntlets but I imagine if somebody is using them they're already aware of it :P

Cool, added those now, that guide will probably be a work in progress for a while

ROC Playslist summary:

200 Strikes (Total) - 519 Items (Total)

449 Rare (Blue) [327 Armor(73%) / 122 Weapon(27%)] ~2 Per 1 Strike - 86.5% Drop Rate)
    20 Legendary (Purple) ~1 per 10 Strikes - 3.9% Drop Rate
    2 Exotic ~1 per 100 Strikes - 0.4% Drop Rate
    14 Motes ~1 per 14 Strikes - 2.7% Drop Rate
    9 Coins ~ 1 per 22 Strikes - 1.7% Drop Rate
    11 Ships ~1 per 18 Strikes - 2.1% Drop Rate
    14 Shaders ~1 per 14 Strikes - 2.7% Drop Rate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Destiny LFG is by no means the be all and end for raids.

I have been in countless LFG organised raids where guys just left.

Bungie should just add matchmaking for the sake of adding a feature for gamers that want to get right in to enjoy a raid. If they put some effort into the matchmaking you could matchmake based on certain criteria such as character level, character type, etc.

Let's face it, Bungie are not adding it because they don't want to spend the money on doing so.

• The game? Your skill level? If you are not at the required level you cannot play. If you are not at the required skill level and don't understand the raid, you won't get through to the areas that drop the good stuff.

If somebody really wants to do a raid and is confident that they can get through it after playing for 30 hours, destinylfg and r\fireteams have always for people looking to sherpa newbies.

Trust me when I tell you that doing a raid where your teammates come from matchmaking would be more likely to leave a newbie with a bad impression of the game, rather than a good one.

I'm at level 28 and the game indicates that you should be level 26 to carry out the raid. They can easily either set the restriction for level cap on it by applying difficulty levels etc
    Again I understand peoples concerns about completing the raid but having the feature is not going to effect them whatsoever so it's really hard to grasp why it's being disputed so heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm at level 28 and the game indicates that you should be level 26 to carry out the raid. They can easily either set the restriction for level cap on it by applying difficulty levels etc
    Again I understand peoples concerns about completing the raid but having the feature is not going to effect them whatsoever so it's really hard to grasp why it's being disputed so heavily.

Its a good point, people are comparing poor matchmaking with LFG, why not make an effective matchmaking system.

Surely that benefits all gamers.

• Advertisement

I have no issue with it being introduced. I just don't think it is an area where the game falls down in a big way. It doesn't take much effort to get a team together so I'd rather they spent their time fixing other things, which this latest update has done quite well.

It might be an idea, instead of having random matchmaking, to have a text chat section in the tower where people could organise raids or strikes. Having to go outside the game isn't ideal, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Without a doubt matchmaking in the Raids would be a double edged sword. I wouldn't want to use it but it should be put in as an option.
    It would be troll heaven however.

They Introduced "Public Chat" in the tower..... but nobody uses it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Tbh, I'm a casual compared to many here. Have only about 180 hours done total where some of you have 400+.

It's hard to be a casual when it comes to Destiny! I've clocked over 200 at this stage and that was down to a massive effort over Christmas, I recently purchased GTA5 but due to time constraints I have had to shelve it to stay on top of Destiny. To date I have collected zero raid armour, not complaining, but have picked up a few weapons, got Suros Regime from my very first VOG, thanks!
    Its a good point, people are comparing poor matchmaking with LFG, why not make an effective matchmaking system.

Surely that benefits all gamers.

+1

Cormac... wrote: »
    They Introduced "Public Chat" in the tower..... but nobody uses it

I think people would be more likely to use it if it was text based and was in the hud (option to turn it on or off). That way you can make it clear what it is you are looking to do and people can respond if they want to.

All you get now is a notification that somebody has entered the chat, which could be for any reason.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It might be an idea, instead of having random matchmaking, to have a text chat section in the tower where people could organise raids or strikes. Having to go outside the game isn't ideal, I suppose.

This is the crux of the issue for me. The fact that a third party website thrown together by randomers shortly after the game came out provides more social functionality than the actual game itself is pretty damning imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

dudeeile wrote: »
    It's hard to be a casual when it comes to Destiny! I've clocked over 200 at this stage and that was down to a massive effort over Christmas, I recently purchased GTA5 but due to time constraints I have had to shelve it to stay on top of Destiny. To date I have collected zero raid armour, not complaining, but have picked up a few weapons, got Suros Regime from my very first VOG, thanks!

+1

Nicely done.

Like many others I'm a big fan of the Suros. Haven't got it fully leveled up since it was upgraded but the slower rate of fire when aiming giving increased damage coupled with bonus damage from the bottom half of the mag gives it some stopping power. The weapon is a beast. Shadow Price from New Monarchy was my go-to auto-rifle beforehand but the Suros is in a different league.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This

I'm not overly concerned of even completing the thing it's just so players can give it a go and get some items if lucky and people will learn over time.
    I have had no issue completing strikes with randomers on different levels. The challenge varies but it's still good fun.
    People learn and figure things out; again if you want to take it more seriously then by all means get into the community and get into voice chat with 5 others but again there should be no reason why the dev can't implement it when it's already there for strikes.

Add me as well and we can try get a group together for a VoG normal run to show you the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Would love to get a suros drop , if fact would love an ice breaker / gallahorn / aetheons epilogue ! Speaking of such ..... Anyone on today to do the VoG or CE Raids ? If not il be hitting up destinylfg after all this endorsement ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone have a Crota CP they want to cheese over the next couple of days? Want to get the last drop with my lv 30 hunter - have made it as far as the deathsinger but i'm not going to get through that.

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Would love to get a suros drop , if fact would love an ice breaker / gallahorn / aetheons epilogue ! Speaking of such ..... Anyone on today to do the VoG or CE Raids ? If not il be hitting up destinylfg after all this endorsement ðŸ˜႒

The thing about destinylfg is that there are some awful groups there and it has its own issues, so make sure you are careful enough when you are picking who to group up with.

Expect to see loads of #LFG FOR ATHEON CP MUST HAVE MAXXED GJALLAHORN AND ICEBREAKER BE LEVEL 35 HAVE 80000 GLIMMER HAVE COMPLETED CROTA HARD MODE

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was 26 first time we played. Most people were around that level. One shotted by hobgoblins and took 8 hours plus to run through over 3 days.

There's a good few on Xbox now so like I said we could possibly get 3 experienced guys to help 3 new guys through a normal mode to get a taste for VoG.

GT is in my SIG

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I was 26 first time we played. Most people were around that level. One shotted by hobgoblins and took 8 hours plus to run through over 3 days.

There's a good few on Xbox now so like I said we could possibly get 3 experienced guys to help 3 new guys through a normal mode to get a taste for VoG.

GT is in my SIG

You don't have a sig...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

The thing about destinylfg is that there are some awful groups there and it has its own issues, so make sure you are careful enough when you are picking who to group up with.

Expect to see loads of #LFG FOR ATHEON CP MUST HAVE MAXXED GJALLAHORN AND ICEBREAKER BE LEVEL 35 HAVE 80000 GLIMMER HAVE COMPLETED CROTA HARD MODE

Yeah I have used it to do the only 2 raids I have done, found it a bit of a chore tbh due to the above and I was only getting accepted into 1 out of every 15 groups I requested to join.

Have nothing against it , as its a great service though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »

GT is in my SIG

I'm happy to help with this later. Also happy to help folks through the first few parts of the CE raid if they want some handy high level loot before the cheeses are patched on Tuesday.

This is largely a myth tbh, I've never encountered this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Conar

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm happy to help with this later. Also happy to help folks through the first few parts of the CE raid if they want some handy high level loot before the cheeses are patched on Tuesday.

I'd be in for anythng later on 360.
    Got to end of VoG with abgroup before but other than thatbmkstly soloing.
    GT is KingConar

Conar wrote: »
    I'd be in for anythng later on 360.
    Got to end of VoG with abgroup before but other than thatbmkstly soloing.
    GT is KingConar

Sorry man, I'm on Xbox One.

AdamD wrote: »
    This is largely a myth tbh, I've never encountered this ****.

Most recent post on there for HM VOG:

#lfg #microphone Level 31 Hunter, Got Oracle CP looking for people to help me complete and further! Looking for competent people, preferably with ice breaker and gjallahorn. Msg on LFG for a party inv only!

Obviously not quite as hyperbolic as my post but it was the first post I saw. There are definitely some mental requests. I've seen some groups looking for minimum 31 for HM Vog when the damage output maxes at 30 and the damage taken between 30 and 31 is about a 6 or 7% difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

You don't have a sig...

He's Titiangerm.

Add me on Xbox One - SteveDPirate

I still have not done a run through of VOG. The guys on here have helped me through CE a few times and I've gotten some good drops.

I understand both sides of the arguement for matchmaking in the Raids and Nightfall, but it wouldn't hurt the game to have it included. I would have like to do a raid last night, but the Boards lobby was full.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement