Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Most recent post on there for HM VOG:

#lfg #microphone Level 31 Hunter, Got Oracle CP looking for people to help me complete and further! Looking for competent people, preferably with ice breaker and gjallahorn. Msg on LFG for a party inv only!

Obviously not quite as hyperbolic as my post but it was the first post I saw. There are definitely some mental requests. I've seen some groups looking for minimum 31 for HM Vog when the damage output maxes at 30 and the damage taken between 30 and 31 is about a 6 or 7% difference.

That is a completely reasonable post. Hes only said he'd prefer if they have those guns and wants them to be competent. Wheres the issue there? If somebody wants 31s for vog then that's gre at, you know to avoid them as they don't understand the game very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »
    If somebody wants 31s for vog then that's gre at, you know to avoid them as they don't understand the game very well.

That's was my point in the first place. Avoid those with crazy requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You don't have a sig...

God dam I thought I set that up a few weeks back.

TitianGerm is my GT. MickyP will help as well and maybe The Bag or Porphy or Gerard can help.

Steve is one for the new guys and then Mick^ and Manchester Untided the second and third ?

It might be 10 before I get on tonight guys so if that suits just send be messages on Xbox and we see what we can organise.

Any other Xbox One guys fell free to add me, just pop a message saying your from boards. If there's enough we might be able to get two groups together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone know if this still works? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axo3QdK0rys

Also, is there some way I can sell/store spare weapons and armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

No. The loot cave has been patched. And any other similar "loot farming" are false economies. Whatever you get pre-level will be rendered redunant shortly afterwards.
    Yss you can store stuff in the Vault (its the pillars between where you spawn in the tower and the cryptarch/gunsmith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Never knew about that one. No idea.

As for storing weapons and armour, when you go to the tower, just off to the right you'll see some "ATM's". these are the vault. you can store Armour, Weapons and Miscellaneous stuff here, for switching between chars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »

TitianGerm is my GT. MickyP will help as well and maybe The Bag or Porphy or Gerard can help.

Steve is one for the new guys and then Mick^ and Manchester Untided the second and third ?

It might be 10 before I get on tonight guys so if that suits just send be messages on Xbox and we see what we can organise.

Any other Xbox One guys fell free to add me, just pop a message saying your from boards. If there's enough we might be able to get two groups together.

I might be online as well, have to finish a few bounties on Ps4 first. Send me a PM and I will connect if you need one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Would love to get a suros drop , if fact would love an ice breaker / gallahorn / aetheons epilogue ! Speaking of such ..... Anyone on today to do the VoG or CE Raids ? If not il be hitting up destinylfg after all this endorsement ðŸ˜႒

Same as that but Aetheons Epilogue is piss poor, way too wild even with persistence and perfect balance, useful for VOG once you get it upgraded if that's what you mean.

Cormac... wrote: »
    No. The loot cave has been patched. And any other similar "loot farming" are false economies. Whatever you get pre-level will be rendered redunant shortly afterwards.
    Yss you can store stuff in the Vault (its the pillars between where you spawn in the tower and the cryptarch/gunsmith

Ah, I suppose most low level loot farms have been patched?

No need to farm anything pre-level 20 tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Post 20 however is a different story, glimmer is an ongoing battle for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »

10pm sounds good. I should be on around then.

Anybody buy anything good from Xur today? I think I'll pick up The Last Word. I didn't have enough coins last time he was selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

The loot drop frequency has been changed. The remaining places like the loot stairs in the cosmodrome require the effort of moving around and resetting with each ship drop or hive invasion.

I do miss going up to the skywatch for the loot cave, it was oddly fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

I didn't watch all of that vid but there was another loot spot on the far side of Skywatch that was totally ridiculous. You'd see groups of Guardians lined up with scout rifles shooting into a cave that had endless re-spawning enemies. The cave floor would be absolutely over flowing ammo and a load of coloured orbs drops. You'd get so much loot you'd have to dismantle the unwanted crap every couple of minutes.

As you were within range of the group, you wouldn't even have to pull the trigger to get the XP and glimmer - regardless of whether you were in a fireteam or not. You could sit your guardian down and go and get your dinner and when you came back you'd have leveled up. Still, it was fun while it lasted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

bugs wrote: »
    The loot drop frequency has been changed. The remaining places like the loot stairs in the cosmodrome require the effort of moving around and resetting with each ship drop or hive invasion.

I do miss going up to the skywatch for the loot cave, it was oddly fun.

Trying to explain the loot cave to people who weren't there is quite difficult now. "You did what? For how long? Why?"

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Trying to explain the loot cave to people who weren't there is quite difficult now. "You did what? For how long? Why?"

Like an old man visiting the neighbourhood he grew up in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

gimli2112 wrote: »

All you b*stards leveled up that first time on the total sly! We're all left to the grind now! :p

quad_red wrote: »
    All you b*stards leveled up that first time on the total sly! We're all left to the grind now! :p

S'true
    I'd forgotten until cdb mentioned it, you could set up there and just go off and do stuff and the xp and glimmer would keep ticking over.

Ah I see...back to my grind then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

All you get now is a notification that somebody has entered the chat, which could be for any reason.[/QUOTE]

When this appears when you're in the Tower does it not mean a player has gone to orbit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Like an old man visiting the neighbourhood he grew up in

I don't think there was a whole lot to do back in the early days. You did your bounties, the daily and then went to the skywatch to aim down the scope for a couple of hours.

Occasional trip back to the tower to decrypt a full bag of blues and the odd purple (which almost never gave rare equipment).

Certainly gave early players a jump on levelling the cryptarch.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

He's Titiangerm.

Add me on Xbox One - SteveDPirate

I still have not done a run through of VOG. The guys on here have helped me through CE a few times and I've gotten some good drops.

I understand both sides of the arguement for matchmaking in the Raids and Nightfall, but it wouldn't hurt the game to have it included. I would have like to do a raid last night, but the Boards lobby was full.

Do you want to run one tonight ? I'm sure we can easily get 4 more on here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This is the crux of the issue for me. The fact that a third party website thrown together by randomers shortly after the game came out provides more social functionality than the actual game itself is pretty damning imo.
    I don't know about that, 3rd party websites have always been better for finding likeminded people to play with on pretty much every online game. The damning part being that you pretty much have to use one to raid on Destiny unless you've an active friends list, but I definitely think it has worked out for the betterment of the community, obviously some people disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

bugs wrote: »
    I don't think there was a whole lot to do back in the early days. You did your bounties, the daily and then went to the skywatch to aim down the scope for a couple of hours.

Occasional trip back to the tower to decrypt a full bag of blues and the odd purple (which almost never gave rare equipment).

Certainly gave early players a jump on levelling the cryptarch.

Haha, nearly forgot about that. Bungie patched it pretty early on so you got at least a rare item from a blue engram, at least a legendary for a purple and so on. For all the criticism the cryptarch gets, he used to be a whole lot worse.

Here's the NEW way to rock the loot cave ;)
    #MasterRaceOnly
    Voidwalker + Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind

I knew bad ju ju recharged the super quick. I want obsidian mind more than ever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Here's the NEW way to rock the loot cave ;)
    #MasterRaceOnly
    Voidwalker + Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind

Mother-of-god-meme-rage-face.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Do you want to run one tonight ? I'm sure we can easily get 4 more on here

Sure! I'd certainly like to give it a go! I've watch a few run throughs on Twitch. Emmet said he'll be on around 10pm, so I'll aim to get on at that time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Can people please add me - PSN name is Mikiemax80.

I am level 25 Hunter. I will be doing the usual stuff.

I also have a neat little farming location on Venus if anyone is interested - it needs a minimum 2 people to work though - but works very well. Trouble is I discovered it with a randomer and have no friends :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

quad_red wrote: »
    Mother-of-god-meme-rage-face.jpeg

And I was going to shard my bad juju tonight !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement