Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Point proven about destiny tonight yet again, no matter how hard I tried to get into a raid with people I was either removed because of level 29 or just people CBA

Matchmaking at this stage is essential but bungie couldn't give a **** tbh

Did you attempt to join a raid group for VoG on normal and they rejected you because you were 29?

Where did you look for games?

That's just insane, I had no problems doing it with a lv 26.

I still think that the only reason why you think matchmaking will work on raids is because you never played one.

I wouldnt mind them adding it but if you are frustrated today because you couldnt find a team you would have been much more frustrated if you would have attempted to play it using matchmaking.

When you run the raid (hopefully soon) you will understand why

I just find it impossible for someone to complete or at least get pass the confluxes using matchmaking unless you are lucky and thrown in with a good team

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So - a question first and then opinions.

Got level 3 vanguard last night, so was offered three exotic bounties. First question - am I picking one here or do I get a crack at all three?

Second question - between thorn, bad juju and invective which is best.

Don't use hand cannons or pulse rifles (swap between an auto and a scout rifle as primary). But I've heard invective is only good PVP. which might be a good thing though.

quad_red wrote: »

Got level 3 vanguard last night, so was offered three exotic bounties. First question - am I picking one here or do I get a crack at all three?

Don't use hand cannons or pulse rifles (swap between an auto and a scout rifle as primary). But I've heard invective is only good PVP. which might be a good thing though.

Hey

You need to pick one, if I were you I would go for thorn, I never had the patience to do it as I hate crucible but it would be my option between the 3 of them.

I had bad juju before it was buffed and didnt like it, however, since the buff I believe it is quite good, so this morning, good timing, I took the bounty for bad juju.

Invective is ok as a shotgun but again, most shotguns are not very useful. But in PVP invective rocks.

so it depends on what you need.

Thorn would be my choice, I want it so much that this time I am willing to go through the torture of PvP just to get it, cant wait lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Anyone online want to do the daily story. I'm a level 26 hunter. I don't have a mic. Please add me - Mikiemax80

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone online want to do the daily story. I'm a level 26 hunter. I don't have a mic. Please add me - Mikiemax80

Don't forget your console !!

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Don't forget your console !!

What's a console?

What's a console?

Platform.

X1, 360, PS4 or PS3?

You're looking for players Ye can actually play with :)

Platform.

X1, 360, PS4 or PS3?

You're looking for players Ye can actually play with :)

Ah of course sorry.

I'm a PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

If you haven't picked one yet, take a look the bounties on destiny wiki. You'll get an explanation of the steps to complete and the weapon rewarded. Some are easier than others like super good advice and you can decide based on what you want or what suits your game play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

In order of usefulness (for PVE) id say Thorn, Juju then Invective. For Pvp its a tossup between Thorn and Invective, juju sucks for PVP.

In order of difficulty to do id say juju, invective and thorn as the hardest, but none are too taxing really. If you havent picked yet, Id say grab thorn (the one called a light in the dark).

• Advertisement

cdb wrote: »
    If you haven't picked one yet, take a look the bounties on destiny wiki. You'll get an explanation of the steps to complete and the weapon rewarded. Some are easier than others like super good advice and you can decide based on what you want or what suits your game play.

What's the name of the Super Good Advice bounty ? Have never got it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

Is xur gone or had he moved?

lexuslad wrote: »

Gone unfortunately. Leaves at 9 or 10 Sunday morning.

Gone unfortunately. Leaves at 9 or 10 Sunday morning.

Spent all day trying to get one more strange coin and got it and it's too late, typical! Ha

What's the name of the Super Good Advice bounty ? Have never got it yet.

A voice in the wilderness I think, definitely a better bet then the PI bounty if youre a PVE player. PI is probably best for PVP though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

A voice in the wilderness I think, definitely a better bet then the PI bounty if youre a PVE player. PI is probably best for PVP though...

Super Good Advice is a terrible weapon for an Exotic.

Super Good Advice is a terrible weapon for an Exotic.

It is... But pocket infinity is useless for PVE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anytime the Super Good Advice bounty comes up, I think "ah, an easy shard". Lost count of the amount of times I've done that bounty just to get the shard.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Finally got Eris to lvl 3 and got the eidolon ally now to max it out to upgrade it all over again, and get her to lvl 4 so I can buy shards.

• Advertisement

Lads, thanks a million for the ride along seat watching Crota get whacked.

The realization that i could barely knock a thrall back at that level was stark!

Also seeing you lads kick ass reiterates the potential cluster f**k that matchmaking for something as complex as that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Anyone fancy doing the daily with me?
    PS3 CianRyan90

I've got two friends online and they're both tied up in fireteams!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So, Xur didn't really have anything for me Friday and I decided I may as well 331 the Plan C. Didn't have enough glimmer and spent 20 minutes farming. Got my shiny new gun and remembered I still had to get the first Crota chest with my Titan. Swapped characters. Never got an exotic from it but ya never know. 20 minutes later I got one. A 331 Plan C. The sad thing is I should have expected it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hoping this week will be good to me in Crota raid.

Have 3 level 31 characters - 9 shards will get me up to full 32 Titan armour (which I can share between 2 Titans). All I need is 9 shards. Gimme 9 shards Destiny. PLEASE?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Hoping this week will be good to me in Crota raid.

Have 3 level 31 characters - 9 shards will get me up to full 32 Titan armour (which I can share between 2 Titans). All I need is 9 shards. Gimme 9 shards Destiny. PLEASE?

What's the rush? Without a hard mode for the new raid, there isn't much benefit to being level 32.
    I'm holding out for the most suitable gear and enough shards so I don't have to swap energies with eris.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,613 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A look at all the weapons, gear, exotics, missions and strike (not full info, just images and basic info) due in the next DLC (House of Wolves).

http://i.imgur.com/PBQFn20.jpg

Not embedding the image as (1) it is huge and (2) I suppose it is spoiler-ish.

I want that Raid Scout rifle.

Lads, thanks a million for the ride along seat watching Crota get whacked.

The realization that i could barely knock a thrall back at that level was stark!

Also seeing you lads kick ass reiterates the potential cluster f**k that matchmaking for something as complex as that would be.

But that wasnt your first time doing Vault of Glass was it?

Its no way, you did an excellent job there

I read somewhere that the damage reduction for a 28 in CE is 85%. So imagine a 27!

The main reason for this is (i think) that,, although the raid is a level 30 raid, most of your enemies are level 32, that's 4 levels above yours, and 3 if you were a 29.

It use to go like this not sure if this applies for CE as well

1 level = 32% reduced damage
    2 levels = 45% reduced damage
    3 levels = 53% reduced damage
    4 levels = 100% reduced damage

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Hi there .just addicted to this game ,but my connection for pvp is terrible .I am always on red bar and net speed is 3.5mb with 50 ping.I have opened ports and set a static ip for my ps4 but no luck,any of you guys have any luck or should i just not bother w pvp

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Hi there .just addicted to this game ,but my connection for pvp is terrible .I am always on red bar and net speed is 3.5mb with 50 ping.I have opened ports and set a static ip for my ps4 but no luck,any of you guys have any luck or should i just not bother w pvp

I've much faster internet than that and play over a wired connection with an open NAT. I get kicked from 2 out of 3 crucible games and always go between green and red connection.

This never happens in any other game bar destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Problem is on their end, I had similar issues, though just before christmas they seemed to sort it out for me. Try sticking to the playlists that only involve 6 players like Rumble or Skirmish, disconnects are a lot less common in those for me anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement