Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

bugs wrote: »
    What's the rush? Without a hard mode for the new raid, there isn't much benefit to being level 32.
    I'm holding out for the most suitable gear and enough shards so I don't have to swap energies with eris.

100% This. Racing to 32 with gear that doesn't suit your play style and spending 20 Wax Idols is not gonna be ideal
    kevin2800 wrote: »
    Hi there .just addicted to this game ,but my connection for pvp is terrible .I am always on red bar and net speed is 3.5mb with 50 ping.I have opened ports and set a static ip for my ps4 but no luck,any of you guys have any luck or should i just not bother w pvp

What's odd os other players complain of the opposite, even during the spate of Monkey errors that lasted a few days last year. Many people could play PvP but weren't even able to do missions or go to the tower

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

1 shard away from 32 myself !

Ran CE 3 times though, so i'll have to wait tomorrow. i'll reach that before Eris L4.

I'm glad they are fixing the exotic level from VOG drops - I wish they'll do something for Fatebringer, Vision Of Confluence ... and VOG Raid armour ... at the moment everyone reaching 32 or at 32 pretty much looks exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm looking to finish off the VoG Normal mode today before the reset tomorrow. I've got a checkpoint at Atheon so really shouldn't take long. Anyone around to have a go? I'll start recruiting on LFG so hit me up if your interested.

djkeogh wrote: »
    I'm looking to finish off the VoG Normal mode today before the reset tomorrow. I've got a checkpoint at Atheon so really shouldn't take long. Anyone around to have a go? I'll start recruiting on LFG so hit me up if your interested.

sure dude :) gtroni here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,612 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

will there be anyone around for a VoG hard mode (or 2) this evening? Really I only want to get Fatebringer, so I only need to complete as far as Templar twice, but would like to get it done before the reset tomorrow. Should be on from 6 if anyone is around; will head to destiny LFG if not.

• Advertisement

sure dude :) gtroni here

Ah I'm on XBox One :(

oups - well, nothing i can do then :)

Robbed from another thread:

How to optimise your router for gaming:
    http://www.hometheatergaming.com/2013/12/routerinternet-optimization-for-gaming.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Bohrio wrote: »
    But that wasnt your first time doing Vault of Glass was it?

Its no way, you did an excellent job there

I read somewhere that the damage reduction for a 28 in CE is 85%. So imagine a 27!

The main reason for this is (i think) that,, although the raid is a level 30 raid, most of your enemies are level 32, that's 4 levels above yours, and 3 if you were a 29.

It use to go like this not sure if this applies for CE as well

1 level = 32% reduced damage
    2 levels = 45% reduced damage
    3 levels = 53% reduced damage
    4 levels = 100% reduced damage

Wish I'd gotten to do VOG, Bohrio! I had to log off after Crota (damn familial responsibilities). But it was epic to watch it :) Looks like a mouth watering exercise when I'll be able to actually participate/contribute.

That damage scale is pretty incredible. So I was basically packing this:

spud_gun_original_shoots_potato_pellets_novelty_item_old_school_image_1.jpg

As I sat on my behind above the door in Crota, I realised I couldn't even take down a thrall with murmur. Put 2/3 direct hits into one and he ran off laughing at me. :o

It's interesting to see the game begin to morph into something different again as you approach the high twenties.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Ah I'm on XBox One :(

I usually only play in the evenings, but I'm always looking for more Xbone players. I'm off work tomorrow and Wed so I'll be up for NF or raids tomorrow morning/day. Add me - SteveDPirate.

• Advertisement

*sniff sniff*
    Oh the memories
    *sniff sniff*
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

quad_red wrote: »
    It's interesting to see the game begin to morph into something different again as you approach the high twenties.

Totally agree with this. I've just hit level 30 with 2 of my characters (almost 31 with my Warlock as I got a CE raid chestpiece). The game becomes more challenging, but also more fun as you hit the 30 mark.

ps. I was in the Crota fight with some Boards guys recently and I was using a lvl 28 Hunter. I couldn't do any damage to any enemies. Hiding in the corner was the best strategy I had :o. But my characters are much more powerful now. No more cheesing Crota from tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I'm on today up till 6pm if your on Xbox , need to do everything on my 28 titan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Keep getting discipline on my ce armour, have a hunter so grenades are next to useless.

Not scraping them, I'll put them on when turning in bounties to level but not spending anything on them.

Really hope there's an upgrade for the vog weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    Keep getting discipline on my ce armour, have a hunter so grenades are next to useless.

Not scraping them, I'll put them on when turning in bounties to level but not spending anything on them.

Really hope there's an upgrade for the vog weapons.

Level them until you need to use shards, can still be reasonably useful to use in the raid, especcially the boots.

got a team together from LFG and finished off the Atheon checkpoint without too much trouble. Will be back looking to do the Raid again with the refresh tomorrow of course. level up my current weapons a bit more before starting to commit to the hard raid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

got a team together from LFG and finished off the Atheon checkpoint without too much trouble. Will be back looking to do the Raid again with the refresh tomorrow of course. level up my current weapons a bit more before starting to commit to the hard raid
    Get anything good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Thats the way to go.

You will be surprised how many people try the raid on hard for the first time without even knowing what's going on, wrong weapons etc

Maxed out weapons and a good understanding of what goes on at each stage it is really important. Best thing to do is do the raid a few times on normal until you become familiar with it.

First time I played the raid was actually funny, it was like 2-3 weeks after the game was released, I selected vault of glass, and there I was, on my own at the beginning, trying to hold 3 plates by yself... so I left after 10 minutes of running up and down.

Then I saw a few guys here were trying to run the raid so I jumped in! I had no clue of what was going on, all I remember hearing was, I am coming out with the relic, and then the screen would go red, and I would die. I had no clue or where he was, where I was, had no idea he had been teleported somewhere and what was going on there on the other side.

So I made sure that I was ready for next time, so I watch a few youtube videos. just to get an idea of what was going on and what the relic was, who was the templar, strategies, roles, etc.

Then after a week or two I attempted the raid on hard and again, made my homework and already knew what I needed, made sure all my weapons were maxed out and that I knew what my role was.

That was 2 months ago and since then I must have done the raid over 80 times.

:)

Destiny Hot Fix - 01/12/2015

The Dark Below infused Destiny with new content, along with some new issues that we have sought to correct. With this update, we’re paying special attention to the Crota’s End Raid - along with weapons, arenas, and rewards for other activities. Iron Banner is also being prepared to return.

Activity Rewards
    Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
    In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins

PVP
    Maps
    Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
    The Anomaly
    Asylum
    The Burning Shrine
    Iron Banner*
    Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
    Playlist weapon drops
    Level 32 Sniper Rifle
    Level 32 Auto Rifle
    Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear
    Level 32 Hand Cannon
    Level 32 Rocket Launcher
    Level 32 Gauntlets
    Level 31 Chest

Weapons
    On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade

Raids
    Vault of Glass
    Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32
    Crota’s End
    Rewards
    Treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials
    The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
    Pit Encounter
    Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode
    Bridge Encounter
    Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter
    Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword
    Deathsinger Encounter
    Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger
    The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials
    Crota Encounter
    Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter
    Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits
    Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability
    Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is that gone live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is that gone live?

Not yet I think they're starting maintenance soon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Will need to grind glimmer again for Iron Banner, got the Assault rifle last time and the fusion rifle ( nice void) might try for the armour or the hand cannon.

Will only be able to play the weekend so the boost will help in gaining levels.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is that gone live?

My update was pushed down a few minutes ago. Not sure if it is live though

• Administrators Posts: 53,733 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone want to do the level 24 weekly heroic with me on XB1? :)

WTF are level 32 weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

331 attack

• Administrators Posts: 53,733 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cormac... wrote: »
    WTF are level 32 weapons?

It means the new higher damage level

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

331 Timur's Lash, yes please. Highest impact hand cannon and lots of possible rerolls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

just finished the final story mode mission! used a hand cannon and fusion rifle :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

just finished the final story mode mission! used a hand cannon and fusion rifle :D

I used 5 D's of Dodgeball with a scout rifle and shotgun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement