Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ill be on from 4.30 ish for weeklys

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

On now for Xbone Nightfall if anyone is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

It will be busy day today, I am gonna focus on the nightfalls first so I will be running them on my xbox1 first and then on the Ps4. But 6 nightfalls in one day might be too much we will see.

I also need to do the dailies on my Ps4... I forgot to check what the daily was today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

334800.JPG

Shamelessly borrowed from reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I'm going on now if anyone wants a had doing anything on X1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

6 nightfalls and 6 weeklys would make me suicidal from repetition

AdamD wrote: »
    6 nightfalls and 6 weeklys would make me suicidal from repetition

And 6 VoGs and 6 CE

Well at least I am not doing 42 dailies

Tbh, 6 nightfalls means 6 rewards, and 6 weeklies means 54 coins.

I am not sure how long am I going to be able to keep up with this though, I would probably focus on the PS4 more and leave the Xbox out of it for a while as I have everything I need on that console.

I should be 32 on all my 3 characters (titan is already 32 so that's 32 on my hunter and warlock) this week so I have nothing to look forward to anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    And 6 VoGs and 6 CE

I am not sure how long am I going to be able to keep up with this though, I would probably focus on the PS4 more and leave the Xbox out of it for a while as I have everything I need on that console.

I should be 32 on all my 3 characters (titan is already 32 so that's 32 on my hunter and warlock) this week so I have nothing to look forward to anymore

I'll probably be scaling back my playtime in a few weeks to just CE Hard Mode and Nightfalls on 2 characters.

The pay off of doing VoG and Weeklies is starting to become less worthwhile once you have lots of coins, ascent mats and all VoG weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bohrio wrote: »
    And 6 VoGs and 6 CE

when is michael D higgins presenting the medal? :pac::D

fair play to ya dude, I wish I could get in those kind of marathon sessions these days

when is michael D higgins presenting the medal? :pac::D

fair play to ya dude, I wish I could get in those kind of marathon sessions these days

Photo taken directly from the bushes outside Bohrios house through the window:
    Bay1MjVCUAAqlqe.jpg

Also, some "SwordBearer" advice for when wielding the sword for the Crota encounter
    When carrying the sword the easiest and quickest way to animation cancel with the 4x R2 attacks is to constant press your guardian forward because if your guardian moves forward it will cancel the animation for recovering from your R2. there are times it seems like if your guardian has nowhere to move it will not cancel the animation though. so in order to reduce this problem I quickly shift the camera side to side so the guardian always has somewhere to move. make sure not to move the camera too much though as this will make you R2 away from crota.

If your timing is spot on you will be able to get 4x R2s on crota per attack. assuming I trust my dps team I start running in before he is down and R2 him before he even fully crouches. He will take damage before he is fully crouched. I do not suggest going for more than 4 R2s on him because it is not worth the death. sometimes you will have to do even less than that depending on timing. if he starts glowing orange get out ASAP because that means he is about to stand up very shortly. Best way to get away is to do a quick double jump(does not matter which class) and melee away with the sword. On the second attack with the sword on the each sword carry if you have a decent amount of Intel (not sure exact number, but all my chars typically spec to intel, so I always have enough) you will get your super available just before the sword disappears. if you use your super DIRECTLY after an R2 it does an animation cancel. this means it is almost the same speed as just doing the R2 normally. with this method you can get 8X R2 hits and a super per sword carry. The super is more important than the 4th R2, so if you have to choose, choose the super.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't done the VoG in about five weeks now and I've yet to play CE. Will everybody be doing CE tonight? Or will there still be teams looking for people during the week?

I haven't done the VoG in about five weeks now and I've yet to play CE. Will everybody be doing CE tonight? Or will there still be teams looking for people during the week?

Best off ask in chat I'd say. I know a decent few of us are gonna be doing it tonight. Maybe specify when you're free.

Also for all you Raid Sunsingers thins evening:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I've only done CE once myself , won't be on tonight as I'm workings nights but off the next 2 days if anyone wants to do either of the raids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

solo' a level 18 random strike against that priest cos one guy left and the other was afk -.- still managed it tho, didn't get gr8 drops tbh

solo' a level 18 random strike against that priest cos one guy left and the other was ask -.- still managed it tho, didn't get gr8 drops tbh

Next time, leave and re-start, it only takes a minute and will save you heartache

RIGHT.

Here's the whole F**king thing now, edits, bells whistles and all:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2s9w6q/a_cheesless_guide_to_completing_crotas_end/

If you're on Reddit, go give me an ole upvote the to keep it one the front page please :)

Maybe even comment saying how much you love me :P

Do you guys not move to the left when Crota goes to the right?

AdamD wrote: »
    Do you guys not move to the left when Crota goes to the right?

Nope, we do it in the way i've outlined using the "centre" method

We start in the centre then move left when Crota goes right, then back to the middle if we don't kill him with that second sword. Suppose you don't really need to anymore with 32s on the sword etc so time isn't an issue.

Ok done with the nightfalls and the heroics in Xb1. Three man CE up to crota but I could stay any longer and I had to leave. I tell you though, doing the raid with 3 is still pretty doable, crota proved a bit more complicated but I am sure taht with a bit of practice it can be done!

On PS4 now, want to get the nightfalls out of the way Asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Ok, found out tonight that the raid is still cheesable at the bridge using the magic box. What was the point of the patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ok, found out tonight that the raid is still cheesable at the bridge using the magic box. What was the point of the patch?

The abyss is too. You can jump upto the ledge at the second lamp if you are quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got my Titan gloves in CE yesterday to finish him off. Yet to get the helmet but just a few shards away from 32 now.
    Thunderlord again from the NF and will probably shard it or possibly upgrade it again. Got a decent legendary hand cannon from a legendary engram too Red Hand IX.

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.
    (c) Michael Corleone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Any interest in a CE raid this evening from about 6 (depending how traffic is)? On the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The abyss is too. You can jump upto the ledge at the second lamp if you are quick enough.

I have a feeling that the HM will be delayed until February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Benzino wrote: »
    Any interest in a CE raid this evening from about 6 (depending how traffic is)? On the PS4.

I'm on for it anyway Benzino. What time are you thinking? Probably won't get on until 8:30 or nine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

cdb wrote: »
    I'm on for it anyway Benzino. What time are you thinking? Probably won't get on until 8:30 or nine.

Was hoping to do it closer to 6 to be honest, while the TV is free :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Was faced with a bit of grinding to get my New Monarchy rank up to 3 but thanks to Emmetkenny and the Bag for dragging me into the weekly nightfall, I'm almost ranked up in one go :) Vanquisher here I come.

Occupied the pipe inside the room just before you enter the area with Septiks Prime. As the substitute 'last man standing' :)

Holy mother of chr*st though - I can't think of another game where the difference between levels is so stark. Like, you'd think a 28 would do some flipping damage. I was picking away at the walkers legs with my sniper rifle at 258 damage and ye were doing bloody 7,000 damage? :eek:

I'm so ascendant shard poor though. Most of my armour has upgrades available but I don't have the bloody shards to do it. Been doing public events, been cracking away at strikes and have done a few raids with you lads. I've got 20 ascendant energy and not one shard.

quad_red wrote: »
    Was faced with a bit of grinding to get my New Monarchy rank up to 3 but thanks to Emmetkenny and the Bag for dragging me into the weekly nightfall, I'm almost ranked up in one go :) Vanquisher here I come.

Occupied the pipe inside the room just before you enter the area with Septiks Prime. As the substitute 'last man standing' :)

Holy mother of chr*st though - I can't think of another game where the difference between levels is so stark. Like, you'd think a 28 would do some flipping damage. I was picking away at the walkers legs with my sniper rifle at 258 damage and ye were doing bloody 7,000 damage? :eek:

I'm so ascendant shard poor though. Been doing public events, been cracking away at strikes and have done a few raids with you lads. I've got 20 ascendant energy and not one shard.

You will end up cherishing energies more than shards.

I think I have over 450 shards at the moment and nothing to do with them.

This is because you will use energies more often than shards as weapon upgrades are more common than armour upgrades. I would suggest running the Vault of Glass a few times and doing daily mission on the highest possible level (if you are 28 maybe run the lv 28 one), this should replenish your shards reserve. You are likely to get armor drops as well which will turn into shards when you dismantle them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Some codes that can be used to get grimoire cards/shaders/emblems from the bungie.net site:

Emblem 7CP-94V-LFP Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge
    Emblem 7F9-767-F74 Emblem: Sign Of The Finite
    Emblem A7L-FYC-44X Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth
    Emblem FJ9-LAM-67F Emblem: Binding Focus
    Emblem JD7-4CM-HJG Emblem: Illusion of Light
    Emblem JDT-NLC-JKM Emblem: Ab Aeterno
    Emblem JNX-DMH-XLA Emblem: Field of Light
    Emblem N3L-XN6-PXF Emblem: The Reflective Proof
    Emblem X4C-FGX-MX3 Emblem: Note of Conquest
    Emblem X9F-GMA-H6D Emblem: The Unimagined Plane
    Grimoire Cards 3DA-P4X-F6A Class: Hunter
    Grimoire Cards 473-MXR-3X9 Enemy: Hive