Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

From Reddit: reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fmp4u/all_25_codes

A small script that you can enter into Chrome that will automatically enter all of the codes in for you. This works even if you've already entered some.

1. Head over to bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption and sign into your desired account.

2. Press CTRL + Shift + J, doing so should bring up a box that presents a bit of coding and whatnot.

3. Paste the following code in its entirety into the area below all of the text.

var codes=["YKA-RJG-MH9", "3DA-P4X-F6A", "MVD-4N3-NKH", "TCN-HCD-TGY", "HDX-ALM-V4K", "473-MXR-3X9", "JMR-LFN-4A3", "HC3-H44-DKC", "69P-KRM-JJA", "69P-VCH-337", "69R-CKD-X7L", "69R-DDD-FCP", "69R-F99-AXG", "69R-VL7-J6A", "69X-DJN-74V", "6A7-7NP-3X7", "6A9-DTG-YGN", "7F9-767-F74", "FJ9-LAM-67F", "JD7-4CM-HJG", "JDT-NLC-JKM", "JNX-DMH-XLA", "7CP-94V-LFP", "7MM-VPD-MHP", "RXC-9XJ-4MH", "X4C-FGX-MX3", "X9F-GMA-H6D", "N3L-XN6-PXF", "RXC-9XJ-4MH", "A7L-FYC-44X"];

var codeField = document.getElementById("text_code");

var i = 0;

var delay = 2500;

function enterCodeLoop () { setTimeout(function () { codeField.value = codes; $(".btn_submitCode")[0].click(); i++; if (i < codes.length) { enterCodeLoop(); } }, delay) }

enterCodeLoop();

If done correctly, you should see all of the codes being redeemed simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

kevind1 wrote: »
    Some codes that can be used to get grimoire cards/shaders/emblems from the bungie.net site:
    dudeeile wrote: »
    From Reddit: reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2fmp4u/all_25_codes

A small script that you can enter into Chrome that will automatically enter all of the codes in for you. This works even if you've already entered some.

If done correctly, you should see all of the codes being redeemed simultaneously.

I had all but 2. Still, that code worked a treat.

Jumped in to IB last night for a few games before logging off. Got four done, won 3. The loss was relatively close (sub 4,000 score diff). Think I might try to get me a Timur's Lash this time round.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok, found out tonight that the raid is still cheesable at the bridge using the magic box. What was the point of the patch?

You sure? I tried that yesterday and the thralls did despawn but after a couple of minutes of sniping the totems on the far side went red and wiped me.

The bug where the oversoul gets destroyed but still wipes the team wasn't fixed though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I junked Timur's Lash last time round. Not a big PvP player anyway but kind of wish I hadn't, just have too many guns.
    Still 1/2 way through the Thorn bounty. Friend told me to jump onto the regular crucible yesterday 'cos all the good players are on IB and the crucible is full of "scrubs like you". Thought it was a bit harsh but it's probably good advice.:cool:

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You sure? I tried that yesterday and the thralls did despawn but after a couple of minutes of sniping the totems on the far side went red and wiped me.

The bug where the oversold gets destroyed but stillness the team wasn't fixed though :mad:

It just gets rid of the first wave of thralls and leaves the swordbearer. You have to do the rest of it legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »

The bug where the oversold gets destroyed but stillness the team wasn't fixed though :mad:

The room glitch where everything despawns was not fixed, however, you cannot snipe the enemies anymore from the other side of the bridge, I mean, you can, and the ogres will spawn but the system is set that, if anyone is alive on the other side at the time the ogres spawn everyone will die. The screen will go red and you will die within seconds.

You can still do this part with 3 people, what you have to do is open the gates, kill the swordbearer and quickly go across the bridge (make sure the bridge has fully formed), although the bridge will start deforming you only need to double jump and you can easily make it across.

Then, the other 2 should kill themselves and that's it.

The person across needs to find a safe spot hight up, kill the acrolytes first and then focus on thralls, nights, etc. Keep an eye for ogres and as soon as they appear take them down. And that's it.

:)

To makes things easier you can do the despawn glitch before killing the sword bearer but there is really no need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Benzino wrote: »
    Was hoping to do it closer to 6 to be honest, while the TV is free :(

No worries!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I junked Timur's Lash last time round. Not a big PvP player anyway but kind of wish I hadn't, just have too many guns.
    Still 1/2 way through the Thorn bounty. Friend told me to jump onto the regular crucible yesterday 'cos all the good players are on IB and the crucible is full of "scrubs like you". Thought it was a bit harsh but it's probably good advice.:cool:

Yeah one of the lads here said something similar the other day. Really need to get the Thorn bounty done myself. Currently sitting at 0/500. :p. I also want to get the Shadow Price replacement, Up For Anything I think it's called, though that would only really benefit me in IB.

Too many things to do:
    Raids: I'm on just too late in the evenings. 7 Completions (All VoG Normal). Have gotten to Atheon a few times on HM, just never actually on early enough to get into a regular run rotation. Got to the Bridge once on CE.

IB: Like I said, aiming for Timur's Lash. I though I'd try to get at least one level, or close to it, a night. Bounties help here.

Crucible: Need to clear the Thorn bounty and rack up the crucible rank and marks for the AR.

Bohrio wrote: »
    The room glitch where everything despawns was not fixed, however, you cannot snipe the enemies anymore from the other side of the bridge, I mean, you can, and the ogres will spawn but the system is set that, if anyone is alive on the other side at the time the ogres spawn everyone will die. The screen will go red and you will die within seconds.

You can still do this part with 3 people, what you have to do is open the gates, kill the swordbearer and quickly go across the bridge (make sure the bridge has fully formed), although the bridge will start deforming you only need to double jump and you can easily make it across.

The person across needs to find a safe spot hight up, kill the acrolytes first and then focus on thralls, nights, etc. Keep an eye for ogres and as soon as they appear take them down. And that's it.

To makes things easier you can do the despawn glitch before killing the sword bearer but there is really no need.

Lantern Leap

Solo Bridge Cross

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah when we did it yesterday only 4 made it across I think and it was grand. That part is piss easy anyway, cheesing there was more about saving time than anything else.

IB is pretty easy to rank up with the xp buff. It gets crazy powerful as the week goes on. Using it during the last 2-3 days and you'll fly up the ranking
    All I really wanted on IB was the gloves for the titan. I have them now and also gloves for the warlock. Might try and get them for the hunter as I've no CE Hunter armour at all.
    Don't snipe a lot but wouldn't mind that sniper rifle either.

Lantern Leap

Solo Bridge Cross

lol

That lamp jump is just so funny, never thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't know why people bother going out of their way to cheese The Abyss and The Bridge, they're both very fun, easy and quick.

lol

That lamp jump is just so funny, never thought of that!

How close to the end are you from there? Cause if you are right there at the bridge, I assume you could send a Hunter down to activate the plate then go invisable, while the rest of the team just snipe from up there (assuming you could get all 6 up)

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't know why people bother going out of their way to cheese The Abyss and The Bridge, they're both very fun, easy and quick.

People will do it because they can, simple as. The one time I've done CE, the Abyss was brilliant. Wave after wave, everyone sticking together, racking up a rediculous amount of kills. The bridge bit caught me out the first few try's. I was standing on the right totem at the start. Had seen a few vids, never once did I notice the Thrall climbing up from below the bridge. Feckers.

The only reason I can think of is that most of this people dont want to spend time gathering a team, I mean, it is pretty handy for most that you easily start the raid, go through half of this raid on your own and get quick rewards instead of having to find a team.

I did the first part yesterday with my hunter and the dont touch me gauntlets, i did it on my first attempt on all 3, even got the chest (which wasnt on the first door) and then completed it without having to wipe. Those things are soooooo good for this part of the raid!

Another thing, yesterday we went through the entire raid with only 3 people, left at crota as I had to go on PS4 but still, 3 people doing the entire raid, we even got the 2nd chest and everything on our first attempt. And I am not even that good, pretty average player considering the number of hours I have put in this game but still managed to do it.

I would like to see people do that on the VoG, even now, pretty sure it is not that easy

How close to the end are you from there? Cause if you are right there at the bridge, I assume you could send a Hunter down to activate the plate then go invisable, while the rest of the team just snipe from up there (assuming you could get all 6 up)

I dont think you could get 6 people across like that, but in all fairness you dont need to, once you are on top all you have to do is walk beside the edge, kill a knight (no thralls will spawn) and walk towards the bridge, activate the lamp (still no thralls), wait for the lamp to explode and activate the bridge (not necessarily in this order), then jump on a rock, kill 1 ogre and wait a few seconds and you will go through. In fact, if you are in a team, all your team has to do is wait at the spawn while you do this, and as long as you activate the bridge you will be ok, even if you die the bridge will still form and once this happens, your team will be free of the darkness and will be able to run to the bridge.

Easy peasy no matter what.

It would be harder if you were forced to have, at least 1 person on the plate while the bridge is being formed as you do on the 2nd part, but because there is no need to do this, completing this part is very easy.
    People will do it because they can, simple as. The one time I've done CE, the Abyss was brilliant. Wave after wave, everyone sticking together, racking up a rediculous amount of kills. The bridge bit caught me out the first few try's. I was standing on the right totem at the start. Had seen a few vids, never once did I notice the Thrall climbing up from below the bridge. Feckers.

I really want to find a team who wants to play CE without cheesing the same way cormac did, like having the same team playing the raid every week so you can familiarize yourself with every aspect of it and get to a point where you just do it by instinct.

So any volunteers on PS4 and XB1? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I play with the same group of 6 every Tuesday so I suppose I've never had that issue, it does seem a bit like a waste of time to spend a couple of hours cheesing raids though, is there enjoyment in it?

I play with the same group of 6 every Tuesday so I suppose I've never had that issue, it does seem a bit like a waste of time to spend a couple of hours cheesing raids though, is there enjoyment in it?

No enjoyment whatsoever, specially when there is no challenge to it

I still remember playing VoG with randoms (from the bungie forum), it was right after the Atheon patch, well, there was always one or two people who kept insisting in doing the new cheese (where you had to open the shield, push him and then remove the shield etc), well, this required more coordination and in the end time (because of all the attempts you needed) than just killing him properly.

I remember saying, guys can we just not kill him properly? And them saying no no, lets keep trying, I know of a guy who did it so I know it works... then I would leave the team, join another one who were doing it properly and five minutes later atheon will be dead... but I found it unbelievable that people would rather cheese him than kill him the proper way, despite the fact that it was actually easier to do the last!

People just like daring the system I suppose

I personally prefer to spend time trying to get something right, than keep looking for ways to cheese it.

It took me more than 1 h to kill Crota for the first time, actually I think it was more like 2, we kept looking for good strategies, familiarizing with the relic, timing etc but once we got it right, we did it twice after that the same night within 15 minutes.

I really want to find a team who wants to play CE without cheesing the same way cormac did, like having the same team playing the raid every week so you can familiarize yourself with every aspect of it and get to a point where you just do it by instinct.

So any volunteers on PS4 and XB1? :)

That's an ambiguous statement :p

I've two groups I play with. I'm not too pushed on Raids. I like them and the rewards but never signed up to be there at a specific time every week. I just do them as they come up.
    Real problem I have is I lag behind in terms of knowing what needs to be done. Last night was the first time I did the bridge non-cheesy or the Deathsinger part at all. Bridge part was fun but the lads blew the Deathsinger apart before I knew what was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

This an aside but any merit to the idea of putting a table in the first post of this thread with everyone's boards login and then their Live/PSN ids?

Make it easier for noobs and newcomers to figure out who is who? Especially in regards to people whose boards IDs are totally different to their Live/PSN ids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

quad_red wrote: »
    This an aside but any merit to the idea of putting a table in the first post of this thread with everyone's boards login and then their Live/PSN ids?

Make it easier for noobs and newcomers to figure out who is who? Especially in regards to people whose boards IDs are totally different to their Live/PSN ids?

Good idea. The Boards Destiny Clans will also give you this option.

There is an Xbox clan and two PS4 clans. For the PS4, the first clan is full but the second is open.

Official Boards Clan 1
    Official Boards Clan 2

Clan members will show up in the roster and sending a friend request is much handier.

No enjoyment whatsoever, specially when there is no challenge to it

I still remember playing VoG with randoms (from the bungie forum), it was right after the Atheon patch, well, there was always one or two people who kept insisting in doing the new cheese (where you had to open the shield, push him and then remove the shield etc), well, this required more coordination and in the end time (because of all the attempts you needed) than just killing him properly.

I remember saying, guys can we just not kill him properly? And them saying no no, lets keep trying, I know of a guy who did it so I know it works... then I would leave the team, join another one who were doing it properly and five minutes later atheon will be dead... but I found it unbelievable that people would rather cheese him than kill him the proper way, despite the fact that it was actually easier to do the last!

People just like daring the system I suppose

I personally prefer to spend time trying to get something right, than keep looking for ways to cheese it.

It took me more than 1 h to kill Crota for the first time, actually I think it was more like 2, we kept looking for good strategies, familiarizing with the relic, timing etc but once we got it right, we did it twice after that the same night within 15 minutes.

I remember that happening to me once too, and you were they guy trying to cheese him who said no :p

This advice seems solid enough and applicable to me also, the last time I did this it took me about 5hrs. Thorn is such a cool gun that I couldn't resist another.
    Yeah one of the lads here said something similar the other day. Really need to get the Thorn bounty done myself. Currently sitting at 0/500. :p. I also want to get the Shadow Price replacement, Up For Anything I think it's called, though that would only really benefit me in IB.

I have Up For Anything although not yet upgraded, it does have Third Eye perk so this will be nice, Suros is my go to AR but as soon as I land my Icebreaker this will change.
    Too many things to do:
    Raids: I'm on just too late in the evenings. 7 Completions (All VoG Normal). Have gotten to Atheon a few times on HM, just never actually on early enough to get into a regular run rotation. Got to the Bridge once on CE.

I feel you, I get to log in at weekends and maybe one night during the week, glimmer has been causing major problems recently so I might have to pass on this IB also, shame but have to prioritise.

I would be interested in Crucible at the weekend to try and knock Thorn out but there is always the option of putting together our own fireteam and taking turns inflicting void on each other!

I have Up For Anything although not yet upgraded, it does have Third Eye perk so this will be nice, Suros is my go to AR but as soon as I land my Icebreaker this will change.

Ice Breaker's a sniper. Suros is my favourite gun. Was in party chat yesterday listening to some friends ranting and raving about guns been used against them in IB. Suros was getting a lot of hate :D

Ice Breaker's a sniper. Suros is my favourite gun. Was in party chat yesterday listening to some friends ranting and raving about guns been used against them in IB. Suros was getting a lot of hate :D

Yea but only one exotic equipped at a time, for raids and NF the IB would get a lot more use and then just have a legendary as your primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jesus we pissed through the weekly and nightfall last night,easiest in a long while.One lad had the black hammer,the other had an icebreaker and made short work of the tank.

For the nightfall my patience and time was doing three times the amount of damage it was doing in the weekly because of the arc damage boost.So that was over even quicker.Picked up Prudence II as a reward.

Any lads here doing crota end raid this week on the Xbox One,ive done it with two lads but we only ever got up to the deathsinger.Add me my GT is "In4ab8tin" you've probably already played with some of the lads i play with.I'd love to get the Black Hammer

Yea but only one exotic equipped at a time, for raids and NF the IB would get a lot more use and then just have a legendary as your primary.

ah ok. Tend to use whatever I'm ranking up and just break out the IB for the odd boss fight. It's useful in NF's allright but I'm using the Patience & Time more for the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

cdb wrote: »
    Good idea. The Boards Destiny Clans will also give you this option.

There is an Xbox clan and two PS4 clans. For the PS4, the first clan is full but the second is open.

Official Boards Clan 1
    Official Boards Clan 2

Clan members will show up in the roster and sending a friend request is much handier.

I'm in the X1 clan and have befriended most if not all of the game tags people have put up here

I'm more thinking a 'codex' would help people associate the gamertags with what people are saying on boards.

So people know that the guys he met on a strike a week ago is the same guy (with a different name) on here looking for a game etc.

• Advertisement

So, this arrived for me today. I'll now be able to use my PX22's properly. TV doesn't have the analoge ports, so have been unable to connect that way, and party chat wasn't always successful. So, apologies to those who I've asked to repeat themselves, or thought I was ignoring what was being said, but I could barely hear over the in game music. Hopefully I will be in audio heaven later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement