Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

quad_red wrote: »
    I'm in the X1 clan and have befriended most if not all of the game tags people have put up here
    :)

I'm more thinking a 'codex' would help people associate the gamertags with what people are saying on boards.

So people know that the guys he met on a strike a week ago is the same guy (with a different name) on here looking for a game etc.

Ahh, I get what you mean. A Google Docs spreadsheet would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ice Breaker's a sniper. Suros is my favourite gun. Was in party chat yesterday listening to some friends ranting and raving about guns been used against them in IB. Suros was getting a lot of hate :D

Still grinding away and saving my strange coins for this gun...it just wont drop.:(
    If anyone does see me online, give me an add

Rattleheadie on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Gonna try to get some work done on my Warlock also this weekend as currently sitting at level 15, maybe someone is in a similar situation and fancies joining up. I have enough gear already collected to boost him up to about lvl28. I'm also considering using this time to upgrade Husk of the Pit as its damage is still effective at these levels, saves just farming it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So, this arrived for me today. I'll now be able to use my PX22's properly. TV doesn't have the analoge ports, so have been unable to connect that way, and party chat wasn't always successful. So, apologies to those who I've asked to repeat themselves, or thought I was ignoring what was being said, but I could barely hear over the in game music. Hopefully I will be in audio heaven later.

Plugging them into the controller should work, if volume was an issue you can change that in options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

dudeeile wrote: »
    Gonna try to get some work done on my Warlock also this weekend as currently sitting at level 15, maybe someone is in a similar situation and fancies joining up. I have enough gear already collected to boost him up to about lvl28. I'm also considering using this time to upgrade Husk of the Pit as its damage is still effective at these levels, saves just farming it later.

To turn the Husk into Eidolan Ally you just need an embalming orb (which is prob no problem cos you'll be a level 3 up on Eiris).

But to turn that into Necrocasm you need to get Crota's Crux from the Crota raid on hard - which isn't even out yet. Needing to complete a level 33 raid to upgrade it is pretty bloody steep!

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    To turn the Husk into Eidolan Ally you just need an embalming orb (which is prob no problem cos you'll be a level 3 up on Eiris).

Don't forget the 500 hive kills before the orb can be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Varik wrote: »
    Plugging them into the controller should work, if volume was an issue you can change that in options.

Yeah that's how I've been using them, the PS4 limited setup. You can't use the amp at all on PS4 unless your TV has the analoge ports. Adjusting the volume on the system just adjusts general volume, you can't differentiate between in-game and chat.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't forget the 500 hive kills before the orb can be applied.

They only take half an hour or so, go to the "We've woken the hive" part of The Dark Beyond mission on the moon and play it at level 9 with the heroic modifier on. Kill yourself before you kill the last major that comes out of the door and rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah that's how I've been using them, the PS4 limited setup. You can't use the amp at all on PS4 unless your TV has the analoge ports. Adjusting the volume on the system just adjusts general volume, you can't differentiate between in-game and chat.

You can also use a headphone jack on the tvs with an rca adapter for your game audio with px22s, handy if your tv doesnt have rca outputs.

You can also use a headphone jack on the tvs with an rca adapter for your game audio with px22s, handy if your tv doesnt have rca outputs.

If only I had known. :) Ah well, money spent, item delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They only take half an hour or so, go to the "We've woken the hive" part of The Dark Beyond mission on the moon and play it at level 9 with the heroic modifier on. Kill yourself before you kill the last major that comes out of the door and rinse and repeat.

I remember using the auto rifle telemetry from Xur to complete this because I heard that without it, it would take around 500 kills to get there and with it it would "only" take 300. Not sure if it worked, I will test it today as I also have to complete it

Very happy with the nightfall on PS4 this week, I have been looking for a proper hand cannon (as adam said, the devil you dont does not live up to its predecessor) so I was hoping to get something out of them.

I am addicted to Hand Cannons, I really like them all my favourite being by far Fatebringer (never had hawkmoon but I doubt it would be more useful). It is just a beast, I remember I think it was monday going for the "new" chest on CE, I got stuck in one of the doors, when I turn around there were a bunch of thralls out there, before I died I fired a single shot, the kill feed showed I had 17 kills! 17 with one bullet, I would like to see any hand cannon (or even rocket launcher) try to beat that! lol

Anyways, hoping to get a new level 32 hand cannon, for a while I have been dying to get the Chance as I have heard really good things about it (specially the one with extended mags) well RNGeesus must have heard me because I got not one but two out of 3 of my nightfalls!

Levelling one up at the moment (the one with extended mags) and loving it... anyone here has it as well?

Mickeroo wrote: »

Still it's the monotony that put's me off! I use this spot for the fusion rifle double kill bounty and also some times for the wizard shoulder charge. It's a bit nicer if you can level up while you play along and as I have 3 of these weapons it would make it a bit less tedious.

Can anyone confirm that by dismantling un-upgraded legendary weapons that you will indeed receive ascendant energy and also the possibility of telemetry?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bohrio wrote: »
    Anyways, hoping to get a new level 32 hand cannon, for a while I have been dying to get the Chance as I have heard really good things about it (specially the one with extended mags) well RNGeesus must have heard me because I got not one but two out of 3 of my nightfalls!

Levelling one up at the moment (the one with extended mags) and loving it... anyone here has it as well?

Just looked at the visual stats on Wiki the impact on that thing is insane :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just looked at the visual stats on Wiki the impact on that thing is insane :eek:

It really is, one of mine has the ghost cartridge (or however is called), extended mags and radar always on.

I think (I will confirm this later when I will unlock it) that it has 13 bullets when the extended clip perk is used plus 2-3 bullets that you get from the ghost cartridge perk

There was a guy who solo the raid as a titan recently who was using that same weapon, one head-shot acrolytes and thralls... can wait to fully upgrade it today

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Bohrio wrote: »
    I remember using the auto rifle telemetry from Xur to complete this because I heard that without it, it would take around 500 kills to get there and with it it would "only" take 300. Not sure if it worked, I will test it today as I also have to complete it

Very happy with the nightfall on PS4 this week, I have been looking for a proper hand cannon (as adam said, the devil you dont does not live up to its predecessor) so I was hoping to get something out of them.

I am addicted to Hand Cannons, I really like them all my favourite being by far Fatebringer (never had hawkmoon but I doubt it would be more useful). It is just a beast, I remember I think it was monday going for the "new" chest on CE, I got stuck in one of the doors, when I turn around there were a bunch of thralls out there, before I died I fired a single shot, the kill feed showed I had 17 kills! 17 with one bullet, I would like to see any hand cannon (or even rocket launcher) try to beat that! lol

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago from a blue engram , never really used it to be honest as not really into hand cannons and am trying to upgrade thorn at the mo which is taking ages !!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on today to run any of the raids on Xbox ?

Also are the rewards on iron banner the same as crucible as in are they random who gets them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can, there's an option to balance in game vs chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I recently started back playing this after about a month or so. Really enjoying it again, for some reason it seems different and more fun. Not sure why, maybe it was just because I took a break from it. I'm up to level 22(and a half). I'm trying to get my vanguard rank up but jesus its slow going. Iv only started doing the strike playlist at the moment but think I'll be ok on the tiger(hardest one i think) soon. I'm hoping once I do that I might be able team up with some people to start doing the daily mission and weekly mission. I really wanna play the Raid but I'm a bit off yet I think

Varik wrote: »
    You can, there's an option to balance in game vs chat.

Serious? I've never noticed it tbh. I hope to God it's somewhere obscure in a sub-sub-menu, and not out in the open glaringly screaming in your face obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Serious? I've never noticed it tbh. I hope to God it's somewhere obscure in a sub-sub-menu, and not out in the open glaringly screaming in your face obvious.

Hold the PS button like you are turning it off and select device options. You can also dim the LED bar from this menu.

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Iv only started doing the strike playlist at the moment but think I'll be ok on the tiger(hardest one i think) soon.

Eagle lvl 18, Viper 20, Wolf 22, Tiger 24, Roc 26 (The Dark Below)

Tiger & Roc both earn reputation at the same rate, plus 25 each strike.

Iv only started doing the strike playlist at the moment but think I'll be ok on the tiger(hardest one i think) soon.

Eagle lvl 18, Viper 20, Wolf 22, Tiger 24, Roc 26 (The Dark Below)

Tiger & Roc both earn reputation at the same rate, plus 25 each strike

Daily Herioc lvl 20 but with modifiers
    Weekly Heroic Lvl 24 also modifiers
    Nightfall lvl 30 and with modifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I recently started back playing this after about a month or so. Really enjoying it again, for some reason it seems different and more fun. Not sure why, maybe it was just because I took a break from it. I'm up to level 22(and a half). I'm trying to get my vanguard rank up but jesus its slow going. Iv only started doing the strike playlist at the moment but think I'll be ok on the tiger(hardest one i think) soon. I'm hoping once I do that I might be able team up with some people to start doing the daily mission and weekly mission. I really wanna play the Raid but I'm a bit off yet I think

You can hit 25 with just blue gear. Do the hardest daily mission you can to get shards for when you get purple gear (click the mission level once you select it from the map and you can adjust the difficulty). Grind out the vanguard bounties as much as you can for rep and do them along with strikes for vanguard marks. You'll also get a reward for increasing your rep levels above lvl2 and the reward can be decent gear (or shi1te blues, screw you Rahoooooool).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Daily Herioc lvl 20 but with modifiers
    Weekly Heroic Lvl 24 also modifiers
    Nightfall lvl 30 and with modifiers.

So do these 3 always stay the same? When does nightfall option open up, presuming its at a later level because the only ones I can see are daily and weekly I think. There is no matchmaking for these is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So do these 3 always stay the same? When does nightfall option open up, presuming its at a later level because the only ones I can see are daily and weekly I think. There is no matchmaking for these is there?

You can solo the daily, which changes at 9am Irish time each day. Sometimes it'll be an expansion story mission which are lvl 30 though.

Weekly reset at 9 on Tuesday, as does the nightfall which is shows up at 28 i think, but you'd struggle at 28 unless with 2 others who were overlevelled. No matchmaking on the weekly or nightfall, which is a pain in the ass.

Weekly and Nightfall are weekly, daily obviously not! Nightfall opens, I think, at 24. Currently no matchmaking, a bit crazy in my opinion.

The Daily mission, and it's modifier will change daily.
    The Weekly, and it's modifier will change every Tuesday on the reset. This opens up at level 20.
    The Nightfall, and it's modifiers will change every Tuesday on the reset. The weekly and nightfall are always the same strike. Nightfall opens up at 28 i think. If all team members die in the Nightfall, back to orbit you go and you'll have to start over.

Hold the PS button like you are turning it off and select device options. You can also dim the LED bar from this menu.

Ah ok, I vaguely remember that option when trying to lower the controllers speaker for killzone

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You on PS4? I'm doing the vanguard grind but I'm 27, I could breeze through a few with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Hey folks, first time poster on here.

I've been grinding away at this for a few months now, all solo. I'm up to level 31 as a Hunter and I've got a reasonable stash of gear (legendary and exotic), all of which is maxed out, yet I can't seem to get above my current light level.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get above 31? Is there something I'm missing? All my gear is up to 33 light and I can't seem to find any gear with more than 33 light - how have your 31+ folks managed to level up?

Thanks for your help folks. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement