Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Welcome!

you need CE Raid gear to reach level 32 ! or the current Iron banner has light level 36 items too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hey folks, first time poster on here.

I've been grinding away at this for a few months now, all solo. I'm up to level 31 as a Hunter and I've got a reasonable stash of gear (legendary and exotic), all of which is maxed out, yet I can't seem to get above my current light level.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get above 31? Is there something I'm missing? All my gear is up to 33 light and I can't seem to find any gear with more than 33 light - how have your 31+ folks managed to level up?

Thanks for your help folks. :)

As syn has said, your gonna need CE raid gear which goes up to 36 light which will allow you to hit 32. If you can see my signature, join the boards clan (clan 1 has room for Xbox, clan 2 if your a Sony Pony as clan 1 Playstation is full) Start adding people and hopefully you'll be able to get into a raid run to start getting the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Thanks to the lads who brought me through Crota's raid and then the Vault of Glass on hard, earlier Today was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Thanks folks - I'd never twigged that the Iron Banner gear could be upgraded to 36 light! I think I'll have to re-apply myself to it ... just as soon as I'm able to get back in (I'm getting 'newt' errors from Destiny this evening...).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Yeah, can't get in either. Same newt error.

Bag 'o balls :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok guys had to share this with someone as my wife showed no interest whatsoever but I just finished the VoG and got the hawkmoon out of the chest!

Great week for me hand cannon - wise

also got another Vex but this one will be dismantle as I am in need for exotic shards

:)

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Can't get on either, getting marionberry errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

oh oh... what platform?

is it just on xbox?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »
    Can't get on either, getting marionberry errors.

Hard reset of the console usually sorts marionberry for me. Been having a lot more disconnects than usual since the update though I have to say.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hard reset of the console usually sorts marionberry for me. Been having a lot more disconnects than usual since the update though I have to say.

Seems to have done it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Can't play myself, I've hard reset my xbox and my internet several times. Guess it's just not a destiny night for me :( Although I do see a few other people with the same issue on the forums so its not just me.

zyKYPxO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

wexdevil wrote: »
    Can't play myself, I've hard reset my xbox and my internet several times. Guess it's just not a destiny night for me :( Although I do see a few other people with the same issue on the forums so its not just me.

zyKYPxO.jpg

Where were you trying to go?

I couldn't go to any of the cosmodrome missions but it let me go to the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

quad_red wrote: »
    Where were you trying to go?

I couldn't go to any of the cosmodrome missions but it let me go to the moon

Multiplayer and trying to go to the tower, although i did see some people mention that doing a patrol on the moon fixes it but I had given up by that point and was playing forza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Were people in here too busy playing Destiny to vote for it in Game of the Year voting? It didn't even win Online game of the year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

finally found a hand cannon that has explosive rounds perk!! Level 21 atm..anyone know how I can get legendary/exotic gear? Or do I have to be a higher level?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

finally found a hand cannon that has explosive rounds perk!! Level 21 atm..anyone know how I can get legendary/exotic gear? Or do I have to be a higher level?

You sometimes get legendary gear from the daily/weekly or you can buy some for vanguard/crucible marks with their respective vendors and the factions.

At your level I would recommend leveling up a faction past level 3. For each level over level 3 you will get a package from the vanguard/crucible/faction that has a reasonably high chance of awarding legendary items. Keep in mind though in the long term you will need to level the vanguard or crucible to receive commendations so that you can buy the legendary gear from their respective vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

You sometimes get legendary gear from the daily/weekly or you can buy some for vanguard/crucible marks with their respective vendors and the factions.

At your level I would recommend leveling up a faction past level 3. For each level over level 3 you will get a package from the vanguard/crucible/faction that has a reasonably high chance of awarding legendary items. Keep in mind though in the long term you will need to level the vanguard or crucible to receive commendations so that you can buy the legendary gear from their respective vendor.

Huh? What do you mean by levelling up a faction?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

When you hit lvl 20 you can buy a Faction specific item (hunter cloak, titan dish cloth, whatever crappy thing warlocks get) from one of the factions in the tower (Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Future War Cult) When you have it equipped, all XP you earn goes towards that factions rep, be it PvP or PvE. For example, doing a patrol mission will now award rep to a faction instead of Vanguard. Same goes with the Crucible. You still earn marks like you would normally.

Each faction has their own armor and weapons, with armor buffs for two of the three metrics (intelligence, discipline and titan punch). They also have their own shaders and certain weapons that can only be awarded as a loot drop, which can potentially happen once you hit a new rank with them from rep lvl 3 onwards. So choose according to what suits your play style and sartorial preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok guys had to share this with someone as my wife showed no interest whatsoever but I just finished the VoG and got the hawkmoon out of the chest!

Great week for me hand cannon - wise

also got another Vex but this one will be dismantle as I am in need for exotic shards

:)

Work in an open plan office. Looks I get when explaining to my brother how much I want that particular exotic rocket launcher are quite amusing. I've come to accept some people just don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Were people in here too busy playing Destiny to vote for it in Game of the Year voting? It didn't even win Online game of the year!!

Didn't deserve to win online game of the year imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It wasn't nominated for Game of the Year. And truthfully, it was/is no where near GOTY material. It was nominated for Best Shooter, Best Online Experience and Best Score/Soundtrack
    Benzino wrote: »

Best Online Experience Nominees:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Dark Souls II
    Destiny
    Hearthstone
    Titanfall

Can we really say any one of these are miles better than the others? Personally, I think it's been a pretty bad year for games of the AAA variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Benzino wrote: »

7737 comments on the Dark Souls game thread which is universally loved.

Over 9000 on this destiny thread.

I'm not saying it represents it being a better game but considering it's only out since September it's interesting to see the volume of chat around it.

Average reviews all round but a serious fanbase which if managed by bungie correctly could stick with them for some time yet.

First game in a long time that I've registered so many hours in. 120 and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Dark Souls II
    Destiny
    Hearthstone
    Titanfall

Can we really say any one of these are miles better than the others? Personally, I think it's been a pretty bad year for games of the AAA variety.

Yes, yes we can :P (missing GTA online too).

Huh? What do you mean by levelling up a faction?

This confused me for a long time. You have a piece of equipment on the bottom right side of the character screen Titan (mark) , Warlock (Bond) and Hunter (Cloak).

As you complete bounties, strikes, Public Events, Dailys, Weeklys & Nightfalls you earn vanguard marks. These level up the Vanguards (guys at the bottom of the stairs straight down from where you spawn). You can buy armour from these guys and weapons from a vendor in the Hanger. Once you have the vanguards at level 3 you can buy anything they have.

You can buy a (mark, bond or cloak) from one of the factions dotted round the tower and equip it. Once you do the vanguard marks you earn level up the faction rather than the vanguard and you can buy specific items from the factions, with crucible marks. Once you have the faction to level 3 they are maxed.

........ I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Levelling up the vanguard is far more beneficial than a faction imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,610 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    Levelling up the vanguard is far more beneficial than a faction imo.

Faction is only worth it if you play a lot of crucible.

I don't play crucible apart from one run at Iron Banner (the second iteration of it) - so I have never bothered with a faction. I could level them up easily but i'll never have any crucible marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can you only level a faction or Vanguard one at a time?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Can you only level a faction or Vanguard one at a time?

yup per character. you either have a faction armour or vanguard armour piece equipped. They rank up fast but like the lads said vanguard is better and factions are only of use if you're earning crucible marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yup per character. you either have a faction armour or vanguard armour piece equipped. They rank up fast but like the lads said vanguard is better and factions are only of use if you're earning crucible marks.

Aw crap :confused: I think I have a faction thing equipped for the last while. I've been wondering why my vanguard rank hasn't been moving. Good to know though

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dark Souls II
    Destiny
    Hearthstone
    Titanfall

Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall are much better than Destiny imo (the other two I haven't played) but I still put more hours into Destiny. I think it's more down to the community than the game plus you never feel like you've completed it so you keep going back. It's certainly one of the most addictive games I've played but wouldn't really have it as one of the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement