Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Sniper,,,, Atheon tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone for VoG hard on PS4 later around 8.45-9.00. Just jump in if you see me online. Don't forget psn will be in maintenance mode from 5 so invites and messages might not work.

I just saw anyone that logged on prior to October 8 can still play online. Can this be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,599 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I just saw anyone that logged on prior to October 8 can still play online. Can this be right?

leaving your PS4 logged in for 3 months?

No it just said if you've been online prior to October 8 you'll be ok. Saw another article that said you can still play online games during maintenance.
    Colour me sceptical, something will go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    No it just said if you've been online prior to October 8 you'll be ok. Saw another article that said you can still play online games during maintenance.
    Colour me sceptical, something will go wrong.

Nah, it's always been like that for most of the PSN maintenance in the past, it's an odd setup alright but you should be able to play online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I would but got in trouble for playing to long last night :(

Feel that pain! :eek:

Was online for a few minutes last night and flung the controller away and changed to the tv when I heard her coming down the stairs :o

It's like an illicit affair with a stripper named Destiny.

But mrs and kids away tonight so gonna get my a fair whack at something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

quad_red wrote: »
    But mrs and kids away tonight so gonna get my a fair whack at something!!

I'm sure you will. ;):cool:

Boom Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

How do you get Iron Banner gear? An how do you tell what rank you are?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

lexuslad wrote: »

Go to the vendor in the tower and you'll see your rank in his menu, he's through the big door behind the bounty guy.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You get IB gear by reaching the appropriate IB rank and then buying it (using Glimmer).

You reach the appropriate IB rank by completing IB bounties.

All done through the IB vendor in the tower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Go to the vendor in the tower and you'll see your rank in his menu, he's through the big door behind the bounty guy.

Thanks for that! Would never have noticed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bohrio wrote: »
    The gorgons and atheon were slightly different on VoG hard.

We had extra gorgons and a restrictive bubble after being teleported. Aside from that and the revives it was pretty much the same.
    Double the amount of Oracles on the Templar too, also Harpies didn't explode on normal mode did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    Double the amount of Oracles on the Templar too, also Harpies didn't explode on normal mode did they?

Ummm, you are right about the oracles not sure about the harpies... I think they do explode but can't confirm this 100%

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe everyone will have to kill two gatekeepers on the bridge rather than the usual one.

Thanks for that! Would never have noticed it

"Don't forget to pick up the dead ghost from the back railing."
    The OCD part of me just screamed in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Perhaps people have already noticed this. If you look at the reporting options in a players profile, as well as reporting them for disconnecting or abusive language, you can also report them for bring highly skilled, etc. There's a few positive options in there, weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ummm, you are right about the oracles not sure about the harpies... I think they do explode but can't confirm this 100%

Supplicants still explode on normal mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone up for a run at the VOG tonight on normal on X1? Maybe 8/8:30pm?

Neither myself (28 Titan) nor TheMerryDespot (30 Hunter) have run it before but we've watched the vids online and know what to do (in theory anyway :p ).

Any other seasoned pros or fellow VOG virgins up for it?

https://imgflip.com/i/f9izc

Yep I should be on around then , is there anyway to figure out if you have done the raid and if it was on normal or hard with each character ?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Yep I should be on around then , is there anyway to figure out if you have done the raid and if it was on normal or hard with each character ?

I use the Destiny app on my Android phone. Gives stats and progression for weekly activities. It's very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Find the Destiny app is best for this, go to the advisors section. Sure you can prob get it from the web version too

• Advertisement

On the Destiny website, go to your legend and then click on the Advisors Tab. That will show your Raid progression

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They explode.

The differences at Atheon are that you get put inside the shield if not teleported and all the enemies are level 30.

And you can't be revived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is IB worth doing if your a lvl 32, any decent weapons to be got?

Benzino wrote: »
    Is IB worth doing if your a lvl 32, any decent weapons to be got?

Sniper rifle is supposed to be really very good. Timurs Lash @ 331 would be good in PvE. I had the old one but didn't really use it. The fusion and scout rifles were solid if not spectacular. The Machine Gun didn't drop for me last time I did it but I've so many of them now I no longer care.

The big plus for the guns is the fact you can re-roll the random perks. I've never done it but you can apparently make very effictive weapons once you know what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So is this game F2P yet?

So is this game F2P yet?

Already is. Kinda. You need a PSN / XBL subscription to play the multiplayer portions, but none of that goes to Bungie/Activision

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

F2P on PS3. ;)

CianRyan wrote: »
    F2P on PS3. ;)

Forgot about that.

****ers :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

You've only yourself to blame Bunk...

Another time.