Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Icebreaker for my hunter, Obsidian Mind for my warlock. Noice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

TBF I think it would be far more interesting if Xur never sold weapons. Would see much more variety with people forced to use whatever drops for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Overall I find the community really good but it's comments like this on bungie forums that prove there are di**heads everywhere :p
    So what if other people get good stuff how on earth does that affect you?

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I love Bungie forums:

"I'm -blam!-ing done with this. I grinded this -blam!-ing game since the release. I just got it tuesday after 4 -blam!-ing months. And now all noobs basically get it for nothing.
    Yeah, this is -blam!-ing crazy"

"Whyyyyyyyy would Bungie hand every player the opportunity to get Icebreaker? It's the 2nd best exotic PvE in the game. You should have to earn the damn thing. Now every spastic who can't even complete a nightfall or raid is going to possess one of the best weapons in the game from doing literally nothing."

3th time icebreaker. Fck you bungie: "Xur never sold thunderlord and universal remote, only once ghorn. Stick icebreaker where the sun doesnt shine"

"If gjallarhorn gets sold for these scrubs,im done. Edit: As expected most of the peeps giving me **** dont have a gjallarhorn and by coincidence didnt have an IB before today lol how did you make yourself useful in raids?" (I'm hoping Gjallahorn is sold next week, just for this dude)

"GG BUNGIE I EARNED MY ICEBREAKER GOOD JOB JUST GIVING HANDOUTS... ALL THESE WELFARE NOOBS ARE GETTING THE EASY WAY TO THE BEST GUN IN THE GAME WAY TO BREAK THE GAME"

"You have to be kidding me, xur sold it wen the game was at its beginning, but to sell it now thats just ruining the game. Whats the point of playing if everyones going to have the same ****. The point of playing an rng game is to grind raids etc to obtain gear not just give it out to anyone. Theres no point in doing vog now if you have the vex."

Meh.

I got my Icebreaker from a chest in VoG.

I don't get why they are complaining. Other players having it in PvE is better. In PvP the benefits of Icebreaker are limited anyway. I prefer Patience and Time in PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Great to see Icebreaker there, I got mine the first time he sold it but my nightfall/weekly friends have been pining after it ever since, will make life easier all round :) Need Xur for the Bad Juju bounty at the moment, so picking up Obsidian Mind to see what all the fuss is about when paired with that gun, looking forward spamming Nova Bomb :)

• Advertisement

I have a Warlock but it's sunsinger.

Was hoping he'd have sunbreaker upgrades this week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Everyone will have an Ice Breaker now :). The Obsidian mind helmet is suppose to be good, so will be getting that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Icebreaker or titan helm? ARGHH

Level 28... Helmet is the last blue armour I've got... I love sniper rifles though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Level 28... Helmet is the last blue armour I've got... I love sniper rifles though...

Icebreaker... seriously, no doubt about it

Icebreaker.

So useful for raids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

awec wrote: »
    Meh.

I got my Icebreaker from a chest in VoG.

I don't get why they are complaining. Other players having it in PvE is better. In PvP the benefits of Icebreaker are limited anyway. I prefer Patience and Time in PvP.

Epeen.
    Common sense thinking is missing from all these Epeen whingers
    Exactly. The invisibility perk is far more useful

Praedyth's Revenge > both for PVP

Icebreaker but don't blame us when you also get one the next NightFall you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How many coins do you have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Hey guys, I'm glad to see that Xur is back with some items I could use, it'll be my second visit to him (having purchased Lucky Raspberry Chest Armor last week) and I have 19 strange coins - so I think I'm OK to buy something useful.

Am I right in saying you can only equip one piece of Exotic Armor and also 1 Exotic weapon at all times?

I'm a Lvl 27 hunter at present.

I saw on some related post somewhere that its possible to level helmets up more than Chest pieces. I this correct?

I currently have a couple legendary weapons.

I'd like to get an exotic scout rifle eventually as picking off precision shots is my favourite way to play, but at present if I'm playing higher level stuff I have to use "Up for Anything" and I also have "The Trolley Problem" as my primary and secondary.

So, do you guys think I would be better off getting the "Ice-Breaker" - which I can see from previous posts is a well regarded gun, or should I get the helmet and save "Lucky Raspberry" for another character once I get one up and going? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Xur has finally come good. Icebreaker and Obsidian mind for me.
    I have yet to do any of the raids - so hopefully I can get the Iron banner gauntlets to have 2 level 32 armour items by the end of the weekend.

@ littlemac The hunter Helm is good as it gives you an additional bullet for your golden gun super but seriously buy the Icebreaker if you play PvE a lot.
    Exotic Helmets rank up to the same level as other exotic armour pieces.
    This is so important I'm going to say it again but louder.
    BUY THE ICEBREAKER

Hey guys, I'm glad to see that Xur is back with some items I could use, it'll be my second visit to him (having purchased Lucky Raspberry Chest Armor last week) and I have 19 strange coins - so I think I'm OK to buy something useful.

Am I right in saying you can only equip one piece of Exotic Armor and also 1 Exotic weapon at all times?

I'm a Lvl 27 hunter at present.

I saw on some related post somewhere that its possible to level helmets up more than Chest pieces. I this correct?

I currently have a couple legendary weapons.

I'd like to get an exotic scout rifle eventually as picking off precision shots is my favourite way to play, but at present if I'm playing higher level stuff I have to use "Up for Anything" and I also have "The Trolley Problem" as my primary and secondary.

So, do you guys think I would be better off getting the "Ice-Breaker" - which I can see from previous posts is a well regarded gun, or should I get the helmet and save "Lucky Raspberry" for another character once I get one up and going? Thanks.

Get the Ice Breaker. You can only have 1 exotic and they all go to 36 light so no extra benefit from a helmet bar Raid helmets being more difficult to obtain than a raid chest piece, not something you'll be worrying about for a while. Ice Breaker's probably the most useful PVE exotic in the game.

@nevelator: Only the Gauntlets are level 32 for Iron Banner.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The hunter Helm is good as it gives you an additional bullet for your golden gun super but seriously buy the Icebreaker if you play PvE a lot.
    Exotic Helmets rank up to the same level as other exotic armour pieces.
    This is so important I'm going to say it again but louder.
    BUY THE ICEBREAKER

Cool - thanks.

I'm using Bladedancer all the time now so don't need the extra golden gun bullet.

Icebreaker it is so. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Icebreaker but don't blame us when you also get one the next NightFall you do.

Theres no doubt in my mind that this will happen me.

Buying it anyway as it looks incredibly useful for PvE.

Also it'll mean I'll spend more time upgrading my legendary scout and auto rifles now which were ignored while I was upgrading Hawkmoon this past while.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Get the Ice Breaker. You can only have 1 exotic and they all go to 36 light so no extra benefit from a helmet bar Raid helmets being more difficult to obtain than a raid chest piece, not something you'll be worrying about for a while. Ice Breaker's probably the most useful PVE exotic in the game.

@nevelator: Only the Gauntlets are level 32 for Iron Banner.

Thanks.

But is it true I can have 1 exotic armor and 1 exotic weapon equipped at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Get the ice breaker, as many people who passed it up the first time, regretted it in a big way.

Cool - thanks.

I'm using Bladedancer all the time now so don't need the extra golden gun bullet.

Icebreaker it is so. :-)

Yes, the Hunter helmet Xur is selling is aimed at Gunslingers. Be a waste to buy it if you're a bladedancer.

Thanks.

But is it true I can have 1 exotic armor and 1 exotic weapon equipped at the same time?

Yes
    You'll be able to use the IceBreaker with your lucky rasberry chestpiece.

AdamD wrote: »
    Praedyth's Revenge > both for PVP

Yea I use that a lot too cause I use The Last Word frequently enough in PvP.

I dunno whether or not to buy the upgrade to TLW. Not sure I'd be able to get another 7 coins by this time next week and knowing my luck he'd have Sunbreakers for upgrade. :(

awec wrote: »
    I dunno whether or not to buy the upgrade to TLW. Not sure I'd be able to get another 7 coins by this time next week and knowing my luck he'd have Sunbreakers for upgrade. :(

Do you need coins for an upgrade? I think it's the old gun, 7500 glimmer and an exotic shard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Had planned on it !! You'll see what all the fuss about icebreaker is now :)

Is that the sniper rifle you were hammering the devil walker with the last night?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How many coins do you have ?

23. Everyone saying ice breaker and I trust my boys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I think people dont understand how important the Ice Breaker is in this game (PvE wise), its a game changer in so many ways.

It will help you solo daily missions, heroics, nightfalls etc.

And the best thing is that you dont really need to wait for any upgrades to make it good as it is already good by default!

I remember a few months ago when Xur sold the Ice Breaker for the first time and until today only, I remember being one of the first ones to buy it and reporting back saying that this gun was incredible etc etc. Some people were a bit suspicious (can't blame them I dont take myself seriously most of the time) and decided not to buy it... I am pretty sure all of them regretted it.

IB makes everything much easier, go for it and forget about helmets, or any other type of armour, go for it if you dont have it and you will not look back.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement