Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quad_red wrote: »
    Is that the sniper rifle you were hammering the devil walker with the last night?

No was using a arc damage vanguard sniper that time. Ice breaker is the sniper I use most though except in nightfall .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No was using a arc damage vanguard sniper that time. Ice breaker is the sniper I use most though except in nightfall .

Yeah but IB is still useful. I'm using Patience and Time this week but when the clip's empty I swap in the IB, wait a little, swap back and Patience & Time is 50%? full again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Off work sick today so going to try and get into a Crota's End Raid for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah but IB is still useful. I'm using Patience and Time this week but when the clip's empty I swap in the IB, wait a little, swap back and Patience & Time is 50%? full again.

I know it's useful and that's why it's my most used sniper. Was using the arc this week in the nightfall because of the burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I've got 29 strange coins so I could buy the titan helmet or icebreaker.

No point getting the helmet cos my current helmet is the best piece of armour I have. Better off waiting to replace my blue gauntlets first.

But icebreaker looks too good to miss, even though I'm not a huge fan of sniper rifles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Off work sick today so going to try and get into a Crota's End Raid for the first time.

You don't sound too sick to me ;-)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I know it's useful and that's why it's my most used sniper. Was using the arc this week in the nightfall because of the burn.

The spider tank thing went down for us in under a minute with arc burn snipers. We were reminiscing about the beta when it used to take almost 30 minutes to kill the damn thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No point getting the helmet cos my current helmet is the best piece of armour I have. Better off waiting to replace my blue gauntlets first.

But icebreaker looks too good to miss, even though I'm not a huge fan of sniper rifles.

I'd not used a sniper rifle prior to buying IB the first time around. Wasn't going to buy it becuase it is was a sniper rifle. Read some people on here saying it is brilliant. I bought it and would regret it A LOT if I had not. Favourite weapon in the game. My Ice Breaker/Vision of Confluence Combo has got me through 99% of the game. Love them.

Buy it.

Seriously people - if you don't have Ice Breaker, BUY IT. Forget everything else on sale, if you can only get one thing GET ICE BREAKER.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I'd not used a sniper rifle prior to buying IB the first time around. Wasn't going to buy it becuase it is was a sniper rifle. Read some people on here saying it is brilliant. I bought it and would regret it A LOT if I had not. Favourite weapon in the game. My Ice Breaker/Vision of Confluence Combo has got me through 99% of the game. Love them.

Buy it.

Seriously people - if you don't have Ice Breaker, BUY IT. Forget everything else on sale, if you can only get one thing GET ICE BREAKER.

Just went back 3 months and 1 week ago...

Link

That day the IB was on sale @ Xur

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92645465

This is the best, it was The Truth at the time which is dreadful tbf but imagine if it was Ghallajorn week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bohrio wrote: »
    Just went back 3 months and 1 week ago...

Link

That day the IB was on sale @ Xur

It was your recommendation that made me buy it! Thanks fella, I owe you one!

It was your recommendation that made me buy it! Thanks fella, I owe you one!

I remember I couldn't get over how powerful that thing was, I had just tried to solo the heroic and it was taking me agest to kill the praetorians and the hydras. This thing took them down in 2 shots... lol

Those were the day.

I would have loved to see the week the gjallahorn was for sale, I missed that baby, I remember thinking, I already have a rocket launcher, beside, who buys a rocket launcher with a dragon on the top... ridiculous... regretted it ever since soooooooooooo much

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Do you need coins for an upgrade? I think it's the old gun, 7500 glimmer and an exotic shard.

You need coins for the shard (I haven't got any).

I have Bad Juju which I could break but I had to do 25 poxy strikes to get that thing and I am still holding out hope that they'll make it really good. :D

awec wrote: »

I have Bad Juju which I could break but I had to do 25 poxy strikes to get that thing and I am still holding out hope that they'll make it really good. :D

Ok. They already buffed the Ju Ju from it's awful state to where it is now. It's not bad but I still prefer the Red Death. Decisions decisions eh?

You also will have 9 coins from next Tuesday's weekly (per character if you have more than one)

I am not sure If I want to buy exotic shards on my PS4.

I will need a few but tbh, when the exotic shards were first sold I bought 7 of them thinking they will come handy when I decided to upgrade my exotics, now I have 26 of them.

I also have over 120 motes in my PS4, I was hoping he would sell exotic engrams that I could then dismantle into exotic shards but no...

I might buy one or two, enough to upgrade the hunter helmet and my hawkmoon.

By the way, what a gun hawkmoon, I just can't stop using that thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Bohrio wrote: »
    I remember I couldn't get over how powerful that thing was, I had just tried to solo the heroic and it was taking me agest to kill the praetorians and the hydras. This thing took them down in 2 shots... lol

Those were the day.

I would have loved to see the week the gjallahorn was for sale, I missed that baby, I remember thinking, I already have a rocket launcher, beside, who buys a rocket launcher with a dragon on the top... ridiculous... regretted it ever since soooooooooooo much

Ghorn will be sold in the next week or two, :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ghallalalalalalhorn dropped for me from the nightfall this week so picking up icebreaker today means i go from sh1te weapons to good ones. Disappointed no engram though, i was looking forward to getting a good shafting from Rahool.

• How much is the Hand Cannon from Xur lads?

Is your Titan a defender?

I think No Backup Plans is the Titan Defender gauntlets. Not sure if they're better than Glasshouse as I don't have a Titan but I'd guess not.

Anyone know if Ruin Wings are for defender?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How much is the Hand Cannon from Xur lads?

He's not selling a hand cannon this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think No Backup Plans is the Titan Defender gauntlets. Not sure if they're better than Glasshouse as I don't have a Titan but I'd guess not.

Exotic Armour works for both subclasses if that's what you're asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How much is the Hand Cannon from Xur lads?

As said above no hand cannon, but the ice breaker is 17 strange coins.

AdamD wrote: »
    Exotic Armour works for both subclasses if that's what you're asking.

I know it works for both but they generally have perks geared toward one or the other.

I meant what are the perks aimed at on Ruin Wings :)

For example the hunter helmet he's selling this week has a perk to give you an extra shot on golden gun, it's clearly aimed at gunslingers and not bladedancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Ruin wings are far better in my opinion. As they are not tied to either subclass. Plus they're great if you just want to run around with a rocket launcher or lmg.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Bought 2 more icebreakers. no switching anymore ;)

Will never run out of secondary ammo!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Hmm should I buy a third Icebreaker.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Actually, I'd just changed this week after reading defender class is much more useful for strikes.

Have fully upgrade the striker subclass and only changed to defender this week.

Didn't realise certain armours were exclusive to one class or another!

Actually, I'd just changed this week after reading defender class is much more useful for strikes.

Certain perks are just more suited to specific subclasses
    As long as you stay with the TitanMasterRace you'll be fine. :D
    I do prefer defender though.
    Meant to add Helm of St 14 with Defender is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

thebag89 wrote: »
    Hmm should I buy a third Icebreaker.....

Ha! That's just greedy! I'm jsut looking forward to getting my first one. :P

• Advertisement

They aren't exclusive, you can still wear them and get a lot of the benefits on other subclasses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement