Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

awec wrote: »
    Is your Titan a defender?

I think No Backup Plans is the Titan Defender gauntlets. Not sure if they're better than Glasshouse as I don't have a Titan but I'd guess not.

Anyone know if Ruin Wings are for defender?

Ruin wings are for both subclasses. Can't beat extra heavy ammo drops.
    Think myself and The Bag ran a nightfall a fee weeks ago using just heavy weapons thanks to ruin wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Honest question, is destiny worth getting if you have no one to play with?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Q_Ball wrote: »

You can play with all of us. Good community here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Q_Ball wrote: »

I don't really have anyone to play with but nearly every day someone from on here has been playing with me. I'd love to get to the point where I can help others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just wasted an hour playing Crota's End with random people from Destinylfg.net. Its the first time it has been a really bad experience. We didn't get anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ruin wings are for both subclasses. Can't beat extra heavy ammo drops.
    Think myself and The Bag ran a nightfall a fee weeks ago using just heavy weapons thanks to ruin wings.

They are one of the most useful titan exotics

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just wasted an hour playing Crota's End with random people from Destinylfg.net. Its the first time it has been a really bad experience. We didn't get anywhere.

I find it really frustrating when that happens.

I'm so used to going through Atheon and Crota with people on here without any trouble that when I get in a bad group off LFG i'm just sitting there going "WHAT THE FECK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? HOW ARE YOU FAILING TO TAKE OUT THE ORACLES? WTF?"

I don't actually say these things but fook!

Remembering spending 40mins on Atheon a few weeks ago. Eventually gave up on it. Found some guys off the PS chat thread to pick it up from the Atheon CP and was finished 5 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Dear god only 11 coins in purse, now is NOT the time to panic. Warlock at level 15, speed time getting to level 20 and already have enough gear to get to level 28, get buddies to carry me through Nightfall, plus 9 coins takes me to 20. I'll have one Icebreaker please, add that to the sneaky Gjallarhorn collected in the Nightfall this week and I'm one happy guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will be on from 7pm tonight - anyone looking to do CE (have a level 31 hunter to run it with) and VoG (none of my 3 have run it yet - really only care about getting past the templar for a fatebringer drop)

PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Ice Breaker! Hurray!

Me and the 2 guys I usually play with must have spent at least an hour doing the bridge bit on the Crota raid last night... ice breakers would have been handy.

Now need to find a way to do Death Singer... we haven't even come close to doing that with just the 3 of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

dudeeile wrote: »
    Dear god only 11 coins in purse, now is NOT the time to panic. Warlock at level 15, speed time getting to level 20 and already have enough gear to get to level 28, get buddies to carry me through Nightfall, plus 9 coins takes me to 20. I'll have one Icebreaker please, add that to the sneaky Gjallarhorn collected in the Nightfall this week and I'm one happy guardian.

The Weekly Heroic Strike (Old Russia, Sepiks Prime) rewards Strange coins, 3 each for the 3 difficulty levels (24, 28 & 30) or you can get all 9 at once by doing it on level 30. Planning to do the level 30 WHS tonight/tomorrow night on all 3 characters (31,31,30) - if anyone has yet to do them feel free to invite/jump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

cdb wrote: »
    The Weekly Heroic Strike (Old Russia, Sepiks Prime) rewards Strange coins, 3 each for the 3 difficulty levels (24, 28 & 30) or you can get all 9 at once by doing it on level 30. Planning to do the level 30 WHS tonight/tomorrow night on all 3 characters (31,31,30) - if anyone has yet to do them feel free to invite/jump in.

Have to do same on 2 characters

Okay so looks like I panicked after all! Weekly heroic is the one, my error, so that's an easy Icebreaker after I level up the Warlock. Having the 2 characters on the go will be very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Just purchased the Afterglow headset for PS4 - so hopefully thats a decent headset and now I will be able to actively participate in Raids and Strikes etc. It really is frustrating not being able to chat.

Did VoG almost fully for the first time last night.

Got through most of it OK but at the end for Atheon I started losing the audio feed for everyone bit by bit and by the time I had to log off I could hear no-one which made it really frustrating as I couldn't hear simple instructions.

Hopefully thats the end of that.

Anyone have an Afterglow headset that can comment on its effectiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just purchased the Afterglow headset for PS4 - so hopefully thats a decent headset and now I will be able to actively participate in Raids and Strikes etc. It really is frustrating not being able to chat.

Did VoG almost fully for the first time last night.

Got through most of it OK but at the end for Atheon I started losing the audio feed for everyone bit by bit and by the time I had to log off I could hear no-one which made it really frustrating as I couldn't hear simple instructions.

Hopefully thats the end of that.

Anyone have an Afterglow headset that can comment on its effectiveness.

I've been looking at the Tritton Kaiken and Tritton Kunai recently.

Just have to decide to I want to have one ear free to listen to the missus or not. :P

In fairness ANYTHING would be an upgrade from the awful yolk they give you with the PS4 itself.

MS gave a better free one with the Xbox 360 on launch about 10 years ago ffs.

Good luck with the afterglow one. Looks mental, in a good way. :)

I have a couple of afterglow controllers for the 360 that I like. Cheap and decent quality.

I've been looking at the Tritton Kaiken and Tritton Kunai recently.

Just have to decide to I want to have one ear free to listen to the missus or not. :P

In fairness ANYTHING would be an upgrade from the awful yolk they give you with the PS4 itself.

MS gave a better free one with the Xbox 360 on launch about 10 years ago ffs.

Good luck with the afterglow one. Looks mental, in a good way. :)

I have a couple of afterglow controllers for the 360 that I like. Cheap and decent quality.

Yea the earpiece supplied is a real joke, what are they thinking.

I've been using a Turtlebeach P4c which has decent sound but the cable is clunky and gets in the way at the most inappropriate times. I've been looking at the Kaiken, however, it's been out of stock but as of right now is available. The mono chat suits my needs but I definitely want a wired one as already to much stuff to keep charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Yea the earpiece supplied is a real joke, what are they thinking.

I've been using a Turtlebeach P4c which has decent sound but the cable is clunky and gets in the way at the most inappropriate times. I've been looking at the Kaiken, however, it's been out of stock but as of right now is available. The mono chat suits my needs but I definitely want a wired one as already to much stuff to keep charged.

The worst thing about the supplied earpiece is that when you excitedly open your PS4 to get it set-up you can put the little earpiece somewhere convenient at the time (like Cork in my case - my PS4 is currently in Clare) and when you need it it's where you left it 70 miles away :rolleyes:

Still I needed to upgrade anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'll be looking to run the Normal VoG raid tonight on XB1 if anyone is interested. If not I'll look to LFG again

The worst thing about the supplied earpiece is that when you excitedly open your PS4 to get it set-up you can put the little earpiece somewhere convenient at the time (like Cork in my case - my PS4 is currently in Clare) and when you need it it's where you left it 70 miles away :rolleyes:

Still I needed to upgrade anyway!

Far from reach, best place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Nightfall also can reward a bunch (12 or so) coins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

True. I got 11 coins for one of my Nightfall runs this week.

True. I got 11 coins for one of my Nightfall runs this week.

Yep I nabbed 10 last week but it's not guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Absolutely but you're guaranteed strange coins with the heroics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads the offical wireless headset is down to €84 in smyths now, and its UBER good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I had an awful experience with a group from LFG last night. A whole hour was wasted. It was one guy that was mainly the problem (sure thats all it takes) first off, he was eating his dinner at the same time, ****ing disgusting sounds coming through the mic. Had to mute him, and told the group I was doing so as well. When we got started, he was a hunter with maxed agility just running from lamp to lamp as fast as he could. Not waiting for anyone, not listening to anyone trying to explain why thats not going to work. If anyone died, the group wasnt interested in stopping to pick them up, it was just like, **** em they died, too bad.

Had to play through the abyss three times, only getting to the end of it with three players still standing each time, and then wiping as we get overwhelmed. Back to the starting plate again for run number four, and yer man takes off like speedy gonzales again. ****ing dope.

Three of us exited at that point.

Iv had some great experiences with LFG, and some not so great. Last night was by far the lowest point.

I had an awful experience with a group from LFG last night. A whole hour was wasted. It was one guy that was mainly the problem (sure thats all it takes) first off, he was eating his dinner at the same time, ****ing disgusting sounds coming through the mic. Had to mute him, and told the group I was doing so as well. When we got started, he was a hunter with maxed agility just running from lamp to lamp as fast as he could. Not waiting for anyone, not listening to anyone trying to explain why thats not going to work. If anyone died, the group wasnt interested in stopping to pick them up, it was just like, **** em they died, too bad.

Had to play through the abyss three times, only getting to the end of it with three players still standing each time, and then wiping as we get overwhelmed. Back to the starting plate again for run number four, and yer man takes off like speedy gonzales again. ****ing dope.

Three of us exited at that point.

Iv had some great experiences with LFG, and some not so great. Last night was by far the lowest point.

You would expect that when people go looking to external websites to find a team that they would at least be committed to trying to get it done as a unit. I have only previously used the site for the Nightfall and most of the time it went pretty smooth. Maybe LFG could implement some sort of a rating system that users can use to add or subtract points from participants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

You would expect that when people go looking to external websites to find a team that they would at least be committed to trying to get it done as a unit. I have only previously used the site for the Nightfall and most of the time it went pretty smooth. Maybe LFG could implement some sort of a rating system that users can use to add or subtract points from participants.

Too open to abuse. You would have people being reported for the silliest of reasons "Durr, his Ice Breaker/Gjallarhorn was 1 wheel away from max. He's a noob. Report"

Too open to abuse. You would have people being reported for the silliest of reasons "Durr, his Ice Breaker/Gjallarhorn was 1 wheel away from max. He's a noob. Report"

Granted but say you needed the majority of the team to actually make it count.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone want to do a fresh run at Crota now ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bought a new Icebreaker, scrapped my old one and then used the shard to upgrade my symbiote. Sorted! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement