Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

awec wrote: »
    Ran Crota and VOG Hard tonight. Got my first Suros (331 too) :)

Full Crota run from start to finish took 30 minutes with no cheeses.

RNGesus has been pretty kind to me too this week. Got 2 Last Words on Tuesday, one from the nightfall one from Crota, a MIDA from Atheon yesterday and a Hawkmoon from the VoG chest tonight. That leaves Gjallarhorn as the only non exclusive, non bounty exotic I haven't picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Yeah I'd be up for that. I've never run VOG. I'll be on tomorrow afternoon.

Im on nights all weekend, might be on tomorrow from 5 till 6 but otherwise i wont be back on till 2 on Monday, but if you see me on throw me an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Fatebringer has eluded me for another week. At least Iron Banner has been pretty generous this time out. So far I've received the MIDA and two Spears, as well as a ship. Should have enough rank tomorrow for the gauntlets and lvl 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

wish I could afford the ice breaker :( got a lot of mote of lights but hardly any strange coins

Did you do the weekly for 9 coins? Also a good chance of coins from the Nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I'll be around for VoG (normal/hard) or CE tonight, still a CE noob though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd be interested in doing vog at normal tonight as it happens, first time too :) I think I need to, ascendant shards pretty slow in coming otherwise...

Also if some kind ultra high level person feels like dragging me through the nightfall I might be able to grab an extra item off xur before he fecks off again.

I can't get on til 11 or so tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Bought icebreaker yesterday and got a few minutes last night to give it a whirl.

The recoil initially is hilariously bad but now it's levelled up a bit the potential is clear - this thing is a beast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'd be interested in doing vog at normal tonight as it happens, first time too :) I think I need to, ascendant shards pretty slow in coming otherwise...

Also if some kind ultra high level person feels like dragging me through the nightfall I might be able to grab an extra item off xur before he fecks off again.

I can't get on til 11 or so tonight though.

If it's on PS4 I can help with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It almost makes you wonder if there are wheels within wheels. Consider Bungie's jokey tone with its cheesing community in this update, which isn't remarkable in itself, but comes in the context of a message that basically gives cheesers a week's notice to fill their boots before a patch. What if Destiny's cheeses aren't oversights, but pressure valves?

What if Bungie understands that a structure like this frustrates the obsessives, and so resolves to give them a few cheesy options in expansions and updates - which mean that the hardcore keep playing, and gathering loot, long after they might have given up? These players stay invested. Then after a month or so of each exploit being 'available', the loopholes are closed and players have to find the new ones. Oh look, they already have. And note how gaming sites love to report on Destiny's cheeses - an excuse to cover a popular game again and again. Is it impossible to imagine, in a world where Microsoft demands Swery come up with 'internet memes' for his games, that Activision and Bungie are the ones really playing the metagame?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-17-rich-stanton-on-cheesing-destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

bought the Icebreaker for both my characters based off the glowing recommendations here. Have to say after doing the daily with it I agree that it's a game changer and I've not upgraded it at all. Cheers for the heads up folks.

• Advertisement

One thing I don't get about the new raid is the Presence of Crota. There's not much point in preventing health regain if you can pick up an to do just that, keep it permanently and share. Would it not make more sense in that you have a certain amount of time to use the Chalice of Light before it disappears and drops in a random spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did you do the weekly for 9 coins? Also a good chance of coins from the Nightfall.

the weekly strike? Nope, I need to get a group for that, can't solo it :pac: what's the nightfall?

the weekly strike? Nope, I need to get a group for that, can't solo it :pac: what's the nightfall?

Nightfall is the harder version of the weekly with a twist. If you r your entire fireteam die in a Darkness Zone you get sent back to orbit and have to start again. Opens at level 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Nightfall is the harder version of the weekly with a twist. If you r your entire fireteam die in a Darkness Zone you get sent back to orbit and have to start again. Opens at level 24.

Ahh, I'm not at 24 yet :P

The 4th Horseman just dropped for me on roc strike, not a fan of shotguns at all, at the worst it's another exotic shard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

JESUS H CHRIST HOW ARE PEOPLE GETTING EXOTICS DROPPING ON ANY STRIKES!!!! NEVER HAPPENED FOR ME NEVER WILL.....LUCKY IF I GET A PURPLE!

RANT OVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

Would anyone of the higher level players be willing to slightly drag me through the level 30 weekly heroic strike, need exactly the 7 coins il get to get the exotic helmet of xur. Pleaseeeee

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    JESUS H CHRIST HOW ARE PEOPLE GETTING EXOTICS DROPPING ON ANY STRIKES!!!! NEVER HAPPENED FOR ME NEVER WILL.....LUCKY IF I GET A PURPLE!

RANT OVER!

You ok now honey? :)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

RANT OVER!

You are not alone. 176 hours and no Exotic drops from anything but a Nightfall reward.
    lexuslad wrote: »
    Would anyone of the higher level players be willing to slightly drag me through the level 30 weekly heroic strike, new ed exactly the 7 coins il get to get the exotic helmet of xur. Pleaseeeee

On PS4? Send me an invite if you see me online tonight after 10pm.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If it's on PS4 I can help with both.

It is indeed, shinhadoomken is the tag.

also, love your username!

• Advertisement

You are not alone. 176 hours and no Exotic drops from anything but a Nightfall reward.

I've been using the blessing of the gifted emblem from the speaker, definitely think that has something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I need the blessing of the pope to get a free drop.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

On PS4? Send me an invite if you see me online tonight after 10pm.

Ya PS4! What's ur psn?

Ya PS4! What's ur psn?

The40Watt

Should be on later tonight.

The40Watt

Should be on later tonight.

Sound just added ya there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I wrote a post a few pages back about how I was getting back into destiny, really enjoying it again. I play my ps4 on a projector as we have no TV which is fine until the other day the power adapter stopped working so now I'm relegated to trying to play destiny on the vita via remote play. Its just not the same, was really hoping to do a weekly this weekend but the vita makes things so much harder to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Sound just added ya there

I'll be up for doing the max level weekly tonight aswell. PSN username is DrTalos. Have Icebreaker but would like to get the coins to upgrade Light Beyond Nemesis to the new variant.

kencleary wrote: »
    I'll be up for doing the max level weekly tonight aswell. PSN username is DrTalos. Have Icebreaker but would like to get the coins to upgrade Light Beyond Nemesis to the new variant.

I added you there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Hey folks, just sent a join request there to Boards clan 1, LVL 32 voidwalker warlock looking for a regular group for CE raid. Mate of mine (LVL 32 hunter) will be looking to do the same :-) PS4 PSN tag is High-tower10000

Send a friend request if you'd like, just let me know you're a Boardsie :-)

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Accepted your request.

You can friend myself, Cormac (GenericDreadHead) and Sniper_Samurai on PS4, and one of us can add you to the PS4 chat if you want (we have a few chats with 50-60 people on them, always someone looking to do something!). It does mean you can get A LOT of notifications though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement