Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

It is indeed, shinhadoomken is the tag.

also, love your username!

Added you awhile back.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got Fatabringer last night - and have it fully upgraded now. Fun gun. Looking forward to taking it into the abyss with me next week.

Will probably give Crota a miss on Tuesday and aim to give Hard mode a good go on Wednesday instead - the other half might leave me if I abandon her for two nights of Crota killing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've not been playing much Destiny since just before Christmas but trying to get back into it. I missed out on the early weeks of the new Raid and tried a few times today to get into one. The problem is everyone is looking for experienced people. I don't remember this being a problem with the Vault of Glass. But maybe that was because I had the experience.

Hopefully I see some of you guys running it over the weekend.

This is why I refuse to cheese. Once it's patched, you're f**ked. I have no pity for all the cheesing players who are now struggling. If you are looking for a group, shout out on the PS4 chats, it's very doable with 3 or more experienced players and some newbies
    Killing Crota this week seems impossible since he went legit. Nobodys got a clue how it works. Just spent 2hours with various groups and Im empty handed. Guess Il just avoid the final boss for about two weeks. :(

Whats funny is it's a lot more straight forward raid for the most part. It can be done legit in 40mins including a few wipes
    RNGesus has been pretty kind to me too this week. Got 2 Last Words on Tuesday, one from the nightfall one from Crota, a MIDA from Atheon yesterday and a Hawkmoon from the VoG chest tonight. That leaves Gjallarhorn as the only non exclusive, non bounty exotic I haven't picked up.

No wonder you were harping on about Mida last night, you're like a dog with a bone...... Best off go to the bathroom to get Gjhallahon to drop :pac:
    Fatebringer has eluded me for another week. At least Iron Banner has been pretty generous this time out. So far I've received the MIDA and two Spears, as well as a ship. Should have enough rank tomorrow for the gauntlets and lvl 32.

I tried to tell you the drops in each Iron Banner will be whatever was for sale during the last Iron Banner. Role on Iron Banner 8 (with a new Jolders Hammer)
    Got Fatabringer last night - and have it fully upgraded now. Fun gun. Looking forward to taking it into the abyss with me next week.

Will probably give Crota a miss on Tuesday and aim to give Hard mode a good go on Wednesday instead - the other half might leave me if I abandon her for two nights of Crota killing!

I'm pleased for you :)
    Righto, I'd say i'll run it Tue just to see what way the armour is afterwards and we should have the usual crew for the Hard Mode on Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭lexuslad

Doing the level 30 weekly heroic now if anyone wants to join and help me through it? psn StephenSLFC

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Accepted your request.

You can friend myself, Cormac (GenericDreadHead) and Sniper_Samurai on PS4, and one of us can add you to the PS4 chat if you want (we have a few chats with 50-60 people on them, always someone looking to do something!). It does mean you can get A LOT of notifications though.

Hey folks, I'm currently in clan 2, but have requested to join up the main group / clan there (as I mentioned in the clan thread a minute ago). Only after getting into Destiny, trying to get my first few Legendary's. Would be nice to have some people to join up with for weekly's / Dailies and then eventually raids once I get 26+ (24 atm).

I'm gonna add you three admin types, would love to get added to that chat if possible please!

PSN is in my signature for anyone who wants to add me and wants to do stuff, give me a shout anytime I'm online and I should be able to tag along on something or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Accepted your request.

You can friend myself, Cormac (GenericDreadHead) and Sniper_Samurai on PS4, and one of us can add you to the PS4 chat if you want (we have a few chats with 50-60 people on them, always someone looking to do something!). It does mean you can get A LOT of notifications though.

Just sent a request there mate, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do I need to complete all vanguard bounties for a new set to appear. I had 2 left yesterday and the stock refreshed since then but there are no new bounties showing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do I need to complete all vanguard bounties for a new set to appear. I had 2 left yesterday and the stock refreshed since then but there are no new bounties showing

No need to complete them all, they refresh automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

cdb wrote: »
    No need to complete them all, they refresh automatically.

All I have showing up now when I go to the bounty guy is crucible bounties, was kinda hoping to grind up my vanguard level today.
    Oh well, anyone up for a weekly later on this afternoon, psn is in sig so feel free to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    All I have showing up now when I go to the bounty guy is crucible bounties, was kinda hoping to grind up my vanguard level today.
    Oh well, anyone up for a weekly later on this afternoon, psn is in sig so feel free to add me

They refresh every 12 to 16 hours I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Got the full infant school tour, complete with hand holding and Grimore cards, for VOG last night, thanks to all who took part and especially Cormac for his Patience and Time (sigh). I had been through the VOG before but people always knew their role and I just did what I was told so it was cool to get the full run down on every aspect of the raid from start to finish complete with full audio commentary. Being that it was not just a loot run, plenty of time was allowed so that everyone got to grips with the goings on and it gave me the opportunity to use my shiny new Warlock who doesn't even have Fireborn unlocked yet. Also managed to snag Praedyth's Timepiece pulse rifle and some shards with one of the guys collecting Suros Regime, you're gonna love that gun. Looking forward to using my new found understanding in future raids with the clan.

Sweet, 50 posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They refresh every 12 to 16 hours I think.

The bounties refresh every 24 hours at 9 every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ah!

First time back to multiplayer as I am trying to do the thorn bounty... 1 game 0 points... reminded me why i never played multiplayer...

Trashed the bounty right after

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ah!

First time back to multiplayer as I am trying to do the thorn bounty... 1 game 0 points... reminded me why i never played multiplayer...

Trashed the bounty right after

I have to that as well plus the 25 spread for Invective. Dreading the thought.

I have to that as well plus the 25 spread for Invective. Dreading the thought.

I thought it would be better in Ps4 but no, same thing, I just can't kill anyone.

Shot 3 times a guy while he was standing still, didnt even take his shield down

Then I shoot one guy in the back, he doesnt even turn around and kills me, and the guy dies after I am dead...

How I wish I could enjoy mp but it is just such a dreadful experience

PS I havent trashed it yet though, I took a little break and came back after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I thought it would be better in Ps4 but no, same thing, I just can't kill anyone.

Shot 3 times a guy while he was standing still, didnt even take his shield down

Then I shoot one guy in the back, he doesnt even turn around and kills me, and the guy dies after I am dead...

How I wish I could enjoy mp but it is just such a dreadful experience

PS I havent trashed it yet though, I took a little break and came back after a while

That sounds like lag or poor connection to be honest. In saying that, I've found crucible to be laggy even when I am on a great connection. Most people's connection bars seem to be in red, which affects you even if you have a great connection. I agree though, I find the PVP to be very frustrating in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

So I completely missed out on Icebreaker this week thanks to being short on coins and stuck in work. Bah! One day, maybe....

Benzino wrote: »
    That sounds like lag or poor connection to be honest. In saying that, I've found crucible to be laggy even when I am on a great connection. Most people's connection bars seem to be in red, which affects you even if you have a great connection. I agree though, I find the PVP to be very frustrating in this game.

My connection is perfect that's the main thing, my latency is never higher than 1 ms (2 max) anywhere in ireland and over 10 ms across the sea (europe).

Could be the rest but it happens with 9 out of 10 player if not all of them

I just can't kill them and they can kill me no problem at all. I am 1 shot 1 kill for most of fusion and shotguns, I need at least 3 to kill anyone with a fusion rifle, about 4 with a shotgun and that is if they are not moving

I have completed 7 games and so far I got 4 points. Only 496 to go, around 800 games give or take...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

My connection is perfect that's the main thing, my latency is never higher than 1 ms (2 max) anywhere in ireland and over 10 ms across the sea (europe).

Could be the rest but it happens with 9 out of 10 player if not all of them

I just can't kill them and they can kill me no problem at all. I am 1 shot 1 kill for most of fusion and shotguns, I need at least 3 to kill anyone with a fusion rifle, about 4 with a shotgun and that is if they are not moving

I have completed 7 games and so far I got 4 points. Only 496 to go, around 800 games give or take...

In that case I'd say it's the other people's connection, although 9 out of 10 does seem pretty high!

Ok

I decided to upload a video so I can show you what I mean but not being able to kill anyone

This is my second game (after my first post) and first time ever in that map (hence why for the first few seconds I am wondering around and looking lost)

What I dont get is why after 2 shots to that 32 his shields didnt even go down a single bit, now fine that during the first show he was moving but on the second one he was standing still

You can fastforward to minute 1.30 if you dont want to waste time watching me wondering around the map

• Advertisement

Fusion rifles have crap range regardless of what stats say plus charge rate is working against you. Not sure if Atheon's Epilogue is powerful to take take down anyone above 30 in a quick space of time. Try get a void shotgun and play Rumble. Also you can cheat Thorn bounty by playing Rumble with 5 friends. They just stand still and you shoot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

looking at your video you clearly missed the guy with both blasts of the Fusion Rifle. Your charge time is defo working against you. If you hit a guy close range with a full blast of a Blue fusion rifle not levelled up at all you will likely one shot him. Accuracy is the key here and why PVP can be a struggle for PVE players. The movements of another human player are not predictable like the AI in PVE.

Getting more familiar with the various maps will help you out as well. Knowing where and where not to go on maps can make quite a difference. I'm not great at PVP but I'm well able to hold my own and notched off the Exotic Bounties very quick.

Shotguns are even worse because as I need around 3 shots to kill them and I am one shot to them

Range shouldnt been an issue (although I must try different ones), this one was the one with the highest range and impact...

Also you can cheat Thorn bounty by playing Rumble with 5 friends. They just stand still and you shoot them.

Man you just made my day... I need 5 friends!!!!!!!

djkeogh wrote: »
    looking at your video you clearly missed the guy with both blasts of the Fusion Rifle. Your charge time is defo working against you. If you hit a guy close range with a full blast of a Blue fusion rifle not levelled up at all you will likely one shot him. Accuracy is the key here and why PVP can be a struggle for PVE players. The movements of another human player are not predictable like the AI in PVE.

Getting more familiar with the various maps will help you out as well. Knowing where and where not to go on maps can make quite a difference. I'm not great at PVP but I'm well able to hold my own and notched off the Exotic Bounties very quick.

Ummm I dont understand how I missed he was right in front of my cross-air but I see what you mean, he moved slightly to the left and none of my bullters hit him...

Funny enough I played competitive S&D back in the old CoD days and had no problem finishing games in pubs 20+ - 0

But this game just does it for me, it is probably me as nobody else seems to be having any issues.

I am using a rare fusion rifle and there is no way, no matter how close I get that I can kill anyone with any weapon in 1 shot (except rocket launchers)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not to be a dick but you didn't hit him once, that wasn't lag it was just aim and you were also a bit far away from him for that gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Also you can cheat Thorn bounty by playing Rumble with 5 friends. They just stand still and you shoot them.
    muthA*****...I dumped the bounty as I couldn't be bothered doing it in the crucible. :(
    just got the husk of the pit in my new character level 15 titan..I must have killed 40-50 of those blade bosses with my hunter and this is the first I've heard of this gun...is it worth my while levelling to level 3 with Eris?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Blazer wrote: »
    muthA*****...I dumped the bounty as I couldn't be bothered doing it in the crucible. :(
    just got the husk of the pit in my new character level 15 titan..I must have killed 40-50 of those blade bosses with my hunter and this is the first I've heard of this gun...is it worth my while levelling to level 3 with Eris?

If you want the Necrochasm, then yes.

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Finally got my Iron Banner chest piece!

AdamD wrote: »
    Not to be a dick but you didn't hit him once, that wasn't lag it was just aim and you were also a bit far away from him for that gun.

I dont mind criticism, I need to know what I am doing wrong, funny enough when I am playing this game I always feel like if I am out of sync/place.

I miss a lot of shots, see below, but oddly I get kills when I think I miss and dont get kills when I think I didnt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Blazer wrote: »

I think I killed close to 200 of those sword dudes before the Husk finally dropped. My mate had 5 in the same time. Of course then I get a further two to drop in the next few days. :D

The two of us also have the Thorn bounty to do but neither of us like crucible so think we are gonna do some of that corner cheesing in rumble too lol. Might try to gather a few more doing it also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement