Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If you're not a Crucible regular don't even bother with Fusion rifles. If you have a decent auto rifle use that until you are really familiar with all the maps.

Also you need to be pretty close to one shot with a shotgun. A lot of the shotguns are terrible too.

And always aim for the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

bucks73 wrote: »
    I think I killed close to 200 of those sword dudes before the Husk finally dropped. My mate had 5 in the same time. Of course then I get a further two to drop in the next few days. :D

The two of us also have the Thorn bounty to do but neither of us like crucible so think we are gonna do some of that corner cheesing in rumble too lol. Might try to gather a few more doing it also.

I'll join if it's on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I'll join if it's on PS4.

On 360 unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any one gotten a decent reroll for the Rocket Launcher or Pistol yet? I got the pistol with clown cartridge, field scout and third eye. A bit crap but field scout is a must. Didn't have enough Motes left to get a decent roll on the launcher, probably have to wait til the next IB to mess with it. Did roll an Arc Spear, so have the full set at least :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Bohrio wrote: »
    Shotguns are even worse because as I need around 3 shots to kill them and I am one shot to them

Range shouldnt been an issue (although I must try different ones), this one was the one with the highest range and impact...

Man you just made my day... I need 5 friends!!!!!!!

If i were you, I'd just use Auto Rifles, you're not gonna get anywhere with trying to one shot people if you don't play PvP much.
    Get a medium impact AR like For The People, Galahad, Shingen or Up For Anything and go nuts.

I've said this a million times but if you have a PvP bounty just organise a 6 player Rumble via chat, I would be at least 15 players have open PvP bounties right now yet nobody ever organises it.

And also, if you suck at PvP, go into Crucible with Iron Banner is on, it's like Easy Mode, all level 7s and 16s. You can clean up.
    Any one gotten a decent reroll for the Rocket Launcher or Pistol yet? I got the pistol with clown cartridge, field scout and third eye. A bit crap but field scout is a must. Didn't have enough Motes left to get a decent roll on the launcher, probably have to wait til the next IB to mess with it. Did roll an Arc Spear, so have the full set at least :P

I doubt I'd use it over Fatebringer, Thorn or The Last Word tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Some dude here killing the DEATHSINGER in CE on his own. I have been with a team of 6 and have struggled with this part!!!! Mostly down to lack of communication and or not decent weapons all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »
    If i were you, I'd just use Auto Rifles, you're not gonna get anywhere with trying to one shot people if you don't play PvP much.
    Get a medium impact AR like For The People, Galahad, Shingen or Up For Anything and go nuts.

I've said this a million times but if you have a PvP bounty just organise a 6 player Rumble via chat, I would be at least 15 players have open PvP bounties right now yet nobody ever organises it.

And also, if you suck at PvP, go into Crucible with Iron Banner is on, it's like Easy Mode, all level 7s and 16s. You can clean up.

I doubt I'd use it over Fatebringer, Thorn or The Last Word tbh

lol

If I am having issues killing people with fusion rifles imagine with my atheons epilogue!! I actually had it equiped, took 1 mag to bring down half of their shields.

And I only suck in this game tbh, which is what worries me

Def gonna try the chat tomorrow and see if I can get it done. I dont mind the bad juju one that's easy as it doesnt matter if I get killed but this one is just a killer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone fancy doing the Nightfall at 8pm on PS4?

lol

If I am having issues killing people with fusion rifles imagine with my atheons epilogue!! I actually had it equiped, took 1 mag to bring down half of their shields.

Def gonna try the chat tomorrow and see if I can get it done. I dont mind the bad juju one that's easy as it doesnt matter if I get killed but this one is just a killer for me

Atheons Epilogues is a Low Impact Auto Rifle.
    Try and use medium impact one like the ones I listed.
    Using low impact (AE, HotP, Aildion Ally etc) is a terrible idea.
    Once you get used to playing medium impact, go for high impact (Vanquisher VIII, Suros Regime, Vex Mytho, Shadow Price or even some blue ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Deffo need to organise the Thorn bounty in Rumble I still have it too do, not so urgent now I have the Fatebringer and the Lastword all the same!!!!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo need to organise the Thorn bounty in Rumble I still have it too do, not so urgent now I have the Fatebringer and the Lastword all the same!!!!

Thorn is better in PvE than TLW, about the same as fate bringer on low level guys, better against majors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Anyone fancy doing the Nightfall at 8pm on PS4?

I've already done it this week but if you can't find someone who hasn't I'll help.
    PSN: OptimusTractorX

Cormac... wrote: »
    Atheons Epilogues is a Low Impact Auto Rifle.
    Try and use medium impact one like the ones I listed.
    Using low impact (AE, HotP, Aildion Ally etc) is a terrible idea.
    Once you get used to playing medium impact, go for high impact (Vanquisher VIII, Suros Regime, Vex Mytho, Shadow Price or even some blue ones)

Sorry man... I am doing the thorn bounty hence the atheon epilogue

;)

Miss my suros and shadow price...

I could use the vex but I will do that when I need to do the bad juju one, for this I need void!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah!

First time back to multiplayer as I am trying to do the thorn bounty... 1 game 0 points... reminded me why i never played multiplayer...

Trashed the bounty right after

I'm the same I've had it months. Been over 250/500 and back to 0, currently at 187. Bad combination of bad games, lack of skill and alcohol abuse.
    I'll get it eventually but really don't play crucible that much. Playing yesterday with a pretty good team. Winning every game. An american friend of ours joined - he's one of the best of the lot of us and we lost 5 straight. When he left we started winning again :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have to say Crota was a lot of fun last night. Especially our Helm of Saint 14 punch run through the Abyss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I had a lot of fun too despite me not knowing where to stand a few times. I was surprised at the amount of kills I clocked up too! Not bad for a noob :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    JESUS H CHRIST HOW ARE PEOPLE GETTING EXOTICS DROPPING ON ANY STRIKES!!!! NEVER HAPPENED FOR ME NEVER WILL.....LUCKY IF I GET A PURPLE!

RANT OVER!

I've a couple from strikes. Seen two drop in consecutive strikes. I've a friend who plays a lot and reckons an exotic drops roughly in a 100. He also says the harder ones such as the Priest / Mars have a better chance to drop one.

lol

Atheon's Epilogue is rubbish in PvP. Those high rate of fire + low impact guns are a waste of time.

I had a lot of fun too despite me not knowing where to stand a few times. I was surprised at the amount of kills I clocked up too! Not bad for a noob :D

You did well. It was a bit hairy with Crota but got him in the end on the first try wasn't it ? Well second after Bohrio spawned back at the bridge after switching characters.

I got an exotic weapon reward for PvP the other night. Got that new sniper rifle that goes into your primary slot instead of your special slot.

It's pretty terrible to be honest. It has iron sights to begin with (no scope), has no on-screen crosshairs for aiming when not scoped and it's a bolt action so the time between slots is a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hi guys,

Not exactly a Destiny comment but in relation to the Tritton Kunai headset I bought in argos on Friday.

I tried it out yesterday and have to say the only down side is the earphones themselves are slightly small.
    They dont completely cover over your ears so if you were playing for a long time it may be uncomfortable. Either that or I have big ears.
    Not an issue for me as I never play for prolonged periods but for some it might be an issue.

Other than that the sound.. I've never had any other form of gaming headset other than the ones that come with the console but I do have a lot of experience with other headphones and musical equipment etc so hopefully some what of a valid opinion on this.

Great bass, nice amount of treble and overal well balanced.

Lastly probably not an issue for most but I wanted a headset that'd work for multiple consoles. This does the PS3, xbox360, PC, Wii U... and Vita(not sure if the mic works on vita though, yet to test it)

Taking everything into account I dont think they'll suit the more hardcore gamer. They'll probably want wireless, bit more comfort for long sessions and better sound but for a casual like myself they're a great upgrade from the standard set.

€50 well spent. Hopefully they last.

For PvP it's worth remembering that the game doesn't want you cleaning up every single match. If you beat the opposition too badly you will be kicked to orbit for the next match (i.e. it will find brand new opposition players for you rather than playing you against the same people). If your team isn't all in a party then a few people will be removed from it too etc.

You also need to learn the maps, especially for game types like Control. Some of the maps are very imbalanced and so you need to know the tactics to tip if in your favour. For example Blind Watch (one of the Mars maps) - this map is seriously imbalanced toward whoever spawns at the C flag. Controlling A actually puts you at a disadvantage. So if you spawn at the A side you need to rush C and the objective is to hold C and B.

Shores of Time - again it's imbalanced toward whoever spawns at C.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm the same I've had it months. Been over 250/500 and back to 0, currently at 187. Bad combination of bad games, lack of skill and alcohol abuse.
    I'll get it eventually but really don't play crucible that much. Playing yesterday with a pretty good team. Winning every game. An american friend of ours joined - he's one of the best of the lot of us and we lost 5 straight. When he left we started winning again :confused:

Matchmaking is definitely based on that skill rating they have. We find ourselves coming up against parties of 6 whenever we invite our 3rd guy, but find really easy games as a 2.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You did well. It was a bit hairy with Crota but got him in the end on the first try wasn't it ? Well second after Bohrio spawned back at the bridge after switching characters.

Yeah it was either the first or second try. Funniest part was Bohrio screaming at me to get out of the Deathsinger room after 4 of you guys got killed. I was cutting through the Knights to get to you, but then backed off so we wouldn't have to restart! I'm still getting used to moving around the Crota arena and learning where and when enemies spawn. It was a solid run though. Very happy with it. The IceBreaker made things much easier for me. I got the Warlock gauntlets, Light of the Abyss and some shards.

I should be able to run CE Normal with my Titan from this week. Almost have him at level 31 now. Ward of Dawn and punching FTW!!!

It was a great run and you did excellent with the relic, we need however a second designated relic holder just in case.

I will be 32 today with my warlock so that 32 on all my characters on XB1 so I am ready for the raid on hard now, I say run the raid again on tuesday, it will be good practice anyway and then on hard on wednesday just to see whats cooking

I wont be 32 on PS4 until tuesday though but I am hoping I will reach it before wednesday

Yeah it was either the first or second try. Funniest part was Bohrio screaming at me to get out of the Deathsinger room after 4 of you guys got killed. I was cutting through the Knights to get to you, but then backed off so we wouldn't have to restart! I'm still getting used to moving around the Crota arena and learning where and when enemies spawn. It was a solid run though. Very happy with it. The IceBreaker made things much easier for me. I got the Warlock gauntlets, Light of the Abyss and some shards.

I should be able to run CE Normal with my Titan from this week. Almost have him at level 31 now. Ward of Dawn and punching FTW!!!

lol

I just saw you standing in the middle trying to get to us and said to myself... he is gonna get sliced like salami! ;)

It was a great run and you did excellent with the relic, we need however a second designated relic holder just in case.

I will be 32 today with my warlock so that 32 on all my characters on XB1 so I am ready for the raid on hard now, I say run the raid again on tuesday, it will be good practice anyway and then on hard on wednesday just to see whats cooking

I wont be 32 on PS4 until tuesday though but I am hoping I will reach it before wednesday

Not bass for my first time using the sword. It's handy to get the orbs bottom left to fill the super though

Anyone else got No Land Beyond yet?

This gun needs a serious buff. Useless for PvE and incredibly difficult for PvP.

lol

I just saw you standing in the middle trying to get to us and said to myself... he is gonna get sliced like salami! ;)

Nah! Those Knights were running scared. I was slicing THEM up!!

I'm going to take a break from it tonight, but I'm sure I'll be on Tuesday for the Nightfall and I'd be up for a raid afterwards if you have space in the group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Not bass for my first time using the sword. It's handy to get the orbs bottom left to fill the super though

If you go through a weapons of light bubble it's even better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement