Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Man - reading all of this. Can't wait to start taking a whack out of the VoG and CE properly.

Had a bit of time last night so solo'ed the Rasputin strike on Earth to clear a few bounties. The bit in the corridor of the bunker before the main area is class for clearing bounties - kill 7 hive in one go, kill 50 with super ability, kill with precision shots, kill 2 at once with fusion. Bam.

Did a few rinse and repeats there and then finished it just for the sake of it. The Icebreaker is an absolute beast. Killed the wizards as soon as they appeared and icebreaker's ammo regenerated at sufficient pace to keep the big ogre on his knees with him only getting up to fire once.

This thing is awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »
    If you go through a weapons of light bubble it's even better

Does the weapons of light increase sword damage ?

Could have a blessing of light bubble as well and be tanked up going in to chop Crota up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does the weapons of light increase sword damage ?

Could have a blessing of light bubble as well and be tanked up going in to chop Crota up :)

Weapons of Light does not increase sword damage, but I was thinking about that last night too......

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2p2p3n/analysis_crotas_end_final_boss_damage_calculations/

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Weapons of Light does not increase sword damage, but I was thinking about that last night too......

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2p2p3n/analysis_crotas_end_final_boss_damage_calculations/

Hmm, we tried it before and it seemed to do more damage with weapons of light

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Needed 3 shards to level my Titan up to 32. Went looking for the easy first chest on Friday with the Hunter which was the last character I had left. Spawned in twice and must have checked the first door 50 times. Eventually thought I must already have it.
    Later was doing the actual Raid and when we spawned in, it was there.
    Destiny Logic

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Needed 3 shards to level my Titan up to 32. Went looking for the easy first chest on Friday with the Hunter which was the last character I had left. Spawned in twice and must have checked the first door 50 times. Eventually thought I must already have it.
    Later was doing the actual Raid and when we spawned in it was there.
    Destiny Logic

Even if you already have the chest it still spawns. You can still open it, you just get nothing.

awec wrote: »
    Even if you already have the chest it still spawns. You can still open it, you just get nothing.

I actually hadn't got it. When I was with the group I got the shards. I'd spent ages farming the thing and the one time I wasn't looking for it, it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I actually hadn't got it. When I was with the group I got the shards. I'd spent ages farming the thing and the one time I wasn't looking for it, it was there.

It changes position on Spawn. If you only spawned in twice, then you only really checked it twice - no matter how many times you ran to and from the door. If it isn't at the first spot when you check, go die to some thralls and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Are you finding Iron Banner XP gains confusing?
    Well lucky for you Cormac is on the case (now with additional reddit formatting issues)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2sxmwd/a_detailed_breakdown_of_all_iron_banner_xp_gains/

It changes position on Spawn. If you only spawned in twice, then you only really checked it twice - no matter how many times you ran to and from the door. If it isn't at the first spot when you check, go die to some thralls and try again.

Yup. I was running up towards the first beacon, looking over at the door, seeing the light wasn't there and then jumping to my doom on the right. I did this maybe 30 times. Gave up and came back later and tried another 20 or so times before giving up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yup. I was running up towards the first beacon, looking over at the door, seeing the light wasn't there and then jumping to my doom on the right. I did this maybe 30 times. Gave up and came back later and tried another 20 or so times before giving up.

Must remember to never go farming with you. That is, however, some serious commitment right there, I'd be gone after 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ah!

First time back to multiplayer as I am trying to do the thorn bounty... 1 game 0 points... reminded me why i never played multiplayer...

Trashed the bounty right after
    I have to that as well plus the 25 spread for Invective. Dreading the thought.
    I'm the same I've had it months. Been over 250/500 and back to 0, currently at 187. Bad combination of bad games, lack of skill and alcohol abuse.
    I'll get it eventually but really don't play crucible that much. Playing yesterday with a pretty good team. Winning every game. An american friend of ours joined - he's one of the best of the lot of us and we lost 5 straight. When he left we started winning again :confused:
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Deffo need to organise the Thorn bounty in Rumble I still have it too do, not so urgent now I have the Fatebringer and the Lastword all the same!!!!

I swore after I completed this bounty the last time that I would never do it again. Now, with my first Thorn almost fully upgraded, the bounty reappeared and I accepted it, the gun is that good to use. This time around I don't want to spend the hours in Crucible to knock this out legit so it would be great if we could schedule up a Rumble with 6 of us on PS4. I'm on most weekends and maybe Wednesday nights. You guys interested and available, we would also need a 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I recall one time when there was no light above the door but there was chest inside. Now perhaps I already had gotten the chest before and that's why there was no light, but worth having a look just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

dudeeile wrote: »
    I swore after I completed this bounty the last time that I would never do it again. Now, with my first Thorn almost fully upgraded, the bounty reappeared and I accepted it, the gun is that good to use. This time around I don't want to spend the hours in Crucible to knock this out legit so it would be great if we could schedule up a Rumble with 6 of us on PS4. I'm on most weekends and maybe Wednesday nights. You guys interested and available, we would also need a 6th.

I am in for this! Just inv if you see me online

Then we only need 4 more and we can get cracking

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yup. I was running up towards the first beacon, looking over at the door, seeing the light wasn't there and then jumping to my doom on the right.

I wish people would stop jumping on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

In pretty good shape. I've never finished a raid but I have all the Hunter Crota raid gear bar the helmet and my Warlock has the gloves and boots.
    After the weekend, I have an Icebreaker too.
    Some kick on the recoil but it's a great weapon altogether. It's nice to have high level friends that take pity on you. :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It seems the armour drop rate in Crota is way higher than VoG. Took me about 5 weeks to get the VoG chestpiece to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah I remember reading peoples comments here and on Facebook giving out about how many times they had to do VOG to get all the armour and guns.

Crota was out maybe three weeks and a lot of people had most of the armour. Looks like Bungie lean towards to the stingy side before they do any balancing. My Hunter got dragged through 3 times I think and I had it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've gotten 11 bits of armour in 7 full runs, make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've gotten 11 bits of armour in 7 full runs, make of that what you will

Got 5 in 7 runs (1 partial run the first week). Far better than VOG, where I got 2 pieces, and didn't get anything else for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on today to do the raids ? Need to run CE on my 30 hunter and need the help, also need to run VoG on a couple too

Meant to say on Xbox one .... GT: Manchester Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I'm up for doing any of the Raids tonight and/or the Weekly Heroic. Won't be online until about 8 though. PS4 - Username in Sig

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone on today to do the raids ? Need to run CE on my 30 hunter and need the help, also need to run VoG on a couple too

I'll give you a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll_help if I can get on.

Is 9pm ok for all of ye ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

so am I right in saying that the HM CE raid drops on Wednesday? What's the plan for groups raiding this week, looking to go right into HM or waiting a bit?

Yeah sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Got an invite there that failed to bring me through.

On X1 and up for anything if people are doing a strike and have a spare berth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I can't make it either sorry, turned the xbox on and 10 seconds later the missus demanded some ttention so it went back to off

• Advertisement

On now for whoever wants to join

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement