Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Benzino wrote: »
    Now I dunno how true that is, didn't make much sense to me, but perhaps worth checking for Destiny if you plan to get a non-European copy.

During the beta there were separate download codes for the European and US copies of Destiny. I asked on the Destiny forums as well, but they didn't have an definite answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Amazon Germany are doing an offer on the Xbox One, no Kinect with Destiny and Halo Master Chief Collection for €400 plus shipping and adjustment for Irish tax if anyone here is thinking of picking up an Xbox One with Destiny on the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

wes wrote: »
    During the beta there were separate download codes for the European and US copies of Destiny. I asked on the Destiny forums as well, but they didn't have an definite answer.

Yeah, for an online game like this, I would be cautious, cause some games to restrict matchmaking to the different versions of the game such as PAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

wes wrote: »
    I think that was because of how the PSN store works, sony really like restricting codes redemptions to specific regions. On the xbox one the codes were region free as they usually are on the xbox(except for currency of course) so to be honest I really wouldn't worry about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭barry181091

Anyone know if XV preorders are store specific? Preordered the 399 PS4 Destiny bundle, but probably won't be near my home store when it is out, would my preorder work in another store perhaps?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if XV preorders are store specific? Preordered the 399 PS4 Destiny bundle, but probably won't be near my home store when it is out, would my preorder work in another store perhaps?

If you ordered in store it would be store specific, if you ordered online it will be delivered to you at release.

EDIT: Smyths have dropped the price of the Destiny bundle to €400 to match HMV/Xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm going to get this on PS4, but all my friends are either getting it on X-Box One or not at all due to other reasons...

Does anyone want to add me?
    My gamer tag is: GenericDreadhead
    I'm 28, based in Cork, I'm fairly handy at (console) based shooters and was well able to do my own share of dominating in the Beta, I like long walks on the beach, blue eyes, etc :p

Or can someone add me to the Clan or however that works please

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm going to get this on PS4, but all my friends are either getting it on X-Box One or not at all due to other reasons...

I'm 28, based in Cork, I'm fairly handy at (console) based shooters and was well able to do my own share of dominating in the Beta, I like long walks on the beach, blue eyes, etc :p

Download the Destiny free app and you can join a clan from there.

Download the Destiny free app and you can join a clan from there.

Great, yet another App which let's me know how little friends I have :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've pre-ordered and downloaded the game (XBox One)... is there anything you can do in advance of release to save time (e.g. create your guardian)?

Also, I read some head on the Bungie forums saying that once it hits the 9th Sept in Japan you are good to go - which equates to some time in the afternoon on the 8th in Europe! Skeptical I have to say...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dades wrote: »
    I've pre-ordered and downloaded the game (XBox One)... is there anything you can do in advance of release to save time (e.g. create your guardian)?

Also, I read some head on the Bungie forums saying that once it hits the 9th Sept in Japan you are good to go - which equates to some time in the afternoon on the 8th in Europe! Skeptical I have to say...

did you get the one with the expansions included?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AlexjReilly

So has anyone found a way to order the Limited edition online and get it on release day? €99 for the Digital Guardian edition just doesn't sit right with me for whatever reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

add me.... BAZ171075

Mickeroo wrote: »
    did you get the one with the expansions included?
    If by that you mean the pricier version instead of the $59.99 version - then no!

I think there's some sort of Vanguard pack with it tho.

So has anyone found a way to order the Limited edition online and get it on release day? €99 for the Digital Guardian edition just doesn't sit right with me for whatever reason...

Amazon, paying for the faster shipping should get it to you on release.

Parcel Motel from GameStop UK would also be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

I'm gona buy it digitally off the US store. Does anyone know if I'll have to wait for it to be midnight in the US (7am here) or will it be available worldwide once japan hits midnight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

podgemk wrote: »
    I'm gona buy it digitally off the US store. Does anyone know if I'll have to wait for it to be midnight in the US (7am here) or will it be available worldwide once japan hits midnight ?

You'll have to wait til midnight PST to play, but it can be downloaded days in advance or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

podgemk wrote: »

No you'll have to wait till midnight US time.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭podgemk

If I change my region settings back to Ireland would it work at midnight here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

If you're using an irish account itll be available at midnight irish time, if you use a US account it'll be available at 8am irish time

• Advertisement

If you buy it using a US account don't you have to be signed in as a US user to play it?

Dades wrote: »
    If you buy it using a US account don't you have to be signed in as a US user to play it?

Not if the PS4 if you are playing on is set as the primary console for the account used.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Anybody know when we can start pre-loading for the digital editions I haven't seen any news on this yet?

Amazon UK are giving away Destiny and the expansion pass with the Xbox One atm, £350 + tax adjustment

Amazon UK are giving away Destiny and the expansion pass with the Xbox One atm, £350 + tax adjustment

Not a bad price, but it's still €439+,
    Also the PS4 and the game itself is €399 in store/online with Smyths/Xtra Vision/HMV and that has the PS4 exclusive content (but not the actual expansion passes)..

All in all it's a good time to be buying a new console now I think

7 days....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd really like to play this, but can't justify (or afford) spending €400 odd on the PS4/Xbox right now. Really wish it was on the PC.

Will be interesting to see what the reviews are like.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hang on, was this not supposed to be on PC too? I switched off entirely when I saw how boring it looked, but I just assumed that it would appear on PC. It had gone into my "maybe if I'm bored and it's in a Steam Sale" part of my brain.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,238 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shiminay wrote: »
    Hang on, was this not supposed to be on PC too? I switched off entirely when I saw how boring it looked, but I just assumed that it would appear on PC. It had gone into my "maybe if I'm bored and it's in a Steam Sale" part of my brain.

I think it is coming to PC but not until next year? That's what I thought anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They are 'considering' a pc version apparently.

• Advertisement

Not a bad price, but it's still €439+,
    Also the PS4 and the game itself is €399 in store/online with Smyths/Xtra Vision/HMV and that has the PS4 exclusive content (but not the actual expansion passes)..

All in all it's a good time to be buying a new console now I think

7 days....

Expansion pack is €50, so still a saving of €30 over HMV/Xtravisions Xbox One Destiny bundle plus the expansion seperately. Good offers all round though atm, now seems to be the time to buy one for Christmas if getting one for a kid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement