Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Klair88 wrote: »
    PSN took my Payment today so it's ready to go for tomorrow night. In the confirmation email, it says "Expected playtime 8th-09-14 @ 11.00pm"

Hope its true! Staying up most of the night as i have Tuesday and Wednesday off work.

Going to guess it's down to the clocks being on summer time, and it's still going to be midnight.
    Anybody have any ideas about which class you are gonna use first?

Hunter probably, had some issues with it but we've only been able to play to the one subclass/adv class with each so will give the Hunter another go.

Mostly down to Nathan Fillion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gonna try warlock, I was titan in the beta so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Probably going as a titan, had great fun as one in the alpha and the beta, plus I get my missions from Lance Reddick.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Going hunter first, will see after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

My copy is downloading now,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Haven't got a cluedo myself.

Are all classes equally competent with each class of weapon?

For example, will a hunter be just as effective with a auto rifle as a titan?

Haven't got a cluedo myself.

Are all classes equally competent with each class of weapon?

For example, will a hunter be just as effective with a auto rifle as a titan?

The only difference in classes are abilities, equipable armour and stats(health, recovery rate etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Jesus, just read that if you buy the Xbox 360 or PS3 version digitally you can upgrade to the Xbox One/PS4 version for free up until January. That's an incredible deal.

Yep it's €70 though but I'm gonna pay the extra as I'll be getting as PS4 around Christmas. Also your progress and characters are stored online so you can continue progress on either system!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My copy is downloading now,

next mission to get some really good weed to go along with it

Lol :D

I wasn't in the beta so havent a clue what class I'm going.....any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I'm Warlock all the way but i'll have to level all 3 characters for the trophies but Warlock is definitely be my main class. Used it in the Alpha & Beta and loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Im definitely going for warlock to sunwalker sub class.

Praise the sun!!

Oops wrong game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What do ye make of the trophy list? hard or easy?

destiny-achievements-become_legend.jpg

here they are for those wondering

Pretty easy imo. The most difficult for me will probably be the clan trophies, valourous, notorious, Flawless Striker(if with randoms) and Epic Raider. The rest should be relatively easy given enough time.

What's the max group size?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anybody have any ideas about which class you are gonna use first?

Warlock will be my primary :D Really looking forward to tomorrow night

Ok so was annoying the girlfriend about buying Destiny on her card so I could give her the money the last two days and she kept telling me to go away. So I asked again just now and she called me an idiot and handed me a fully paid pre-order receipt for the PS4 Destiny bundle. Was meant to be a surprise as my 30th is next month but now I feel like a 12 year old at christmas!!! :D:D:D

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok so was annoying the girlfriend about buying Destiny on her card so I could give her the money the last two days and she kept telling me to go away. So I asked again just now and she called me an idiot and handed me a fully paid pre-order receipt for the PS4 Destiny bundle. Was meant to be a surprise as my 30th is next month but now I feel like a 12 year old at christmas!!! :D:D:D

I think it's safe to say we know which box you'll be playing with tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Has anyone else's Amazon order not shipped yet?

Keno wrote: »

My limited edition still hasn't shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

My limited edition still hasn't shipped.

My bundle from GAME shipped about 2 hours ago. (game.co.uk)

Keno wrote: »

It will ship tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Is this game worth buying a PS4/Xbox one for? I've been waiting for games to arrive and the PS4 for €399 is mighty tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

iMuse wrote: »
    Is this game worth buying a PS4/Xbox one for? I've been waiting for games to arrive and the PS4 for €399 is mighty tempting

I'd say if you're looking for a PS4 now is the time. I would predict shortages occurring as we come up to Christmas.

I wouldn't consider any one game worth picking up either console by itself. Let's just say its a beautiful game to begin a console generation with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

iMuse wrote: »

I have the game on it's way right now but no way would I buy a PS4 or X1 just for Destiny. It's not that good imo. There are better games on each console right now imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Big Knox wrote: »

buying you the ps4 and the game, she's a keeper man. now all you need to do is get her something to keep her away while you play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

I've ordered Destiny. Looking forward to its arrival :) 360 version.

As an aside is it just me of has the release of Halo 5 on X1 attracted the 'meh' factor? Maybe the marketing hype hasn't launched yet.

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Anyone know any good deals for a ps4 and this game online or around dublin city center perhaps !

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Anyone know any good deals for a ps4 and this game online or around dublin city center perhaps !

€399 in Smyths, Xtravision and HMV for a black PS4 and Destiny in store and online. Also €399 for a white PS4 and Destiny in GameStop in store and online.

Both hardware bundles come with the Vanguard Armoury preorder pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

anyone know if gamestop is meant to be doing a midnight release?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement