Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Chaps,

For anyone who didn't play the Beta. When you make a character do you have to pick a race or attributes?

If so, does anyone know a good site where you can get info on what you should choose? Apologies in advance I haven't been following this game at all until very recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

anyone know if gamestop is meant to be doing a midnight release?

List of stores doing a midnight opening are

Henry Street, Dublin
    Waterford
    Patrick Street, Cork
    Carlow
    Blanchardstown
    Tallaght
    Wexford
    Navan Shopping Centre

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

anyone know if gamestop is meant to be doing a midnight release?
    Destiny Midnight Launch stores are here!

Is your local GameStop on the list? Get in there and make the pre-order!

Henry Street, Dublin
    Waterford
    Patrick Street, Cork
    Carlow
    Blanchardstown
    Tallaght
    Wexford
    Navan Shopping Centre

https://www.facebook.com/GameStopIreland?filter=2

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Chaps,

For anyone who didn't play the Beta. When you make a character do you have to pick a race or attributes?

If so, does anyone know a good site where you can get info on what you should choose? Apologies in advance I haven't been following this game at all until very recently...

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Classes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Chaps,

Each class has two "sub-classes" but you can level them both up independently and swap between them at will so keep that in mind when choosing.

Going warlock as both the subclasses seem very different and have different roles!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Will be hunter for me like it was in the beta I think. Will most likely have a few characters on the go at some stage though.

Titan abilities seemed a little OP in PvP I thought during the beta.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

So do I have this right... when you choose a class you can't change that class again... but you can have multiple characters of different classes under the same gamertag? I assume then that each character of a different class must level up on their own and there's no sharing of stuff you've earned?

You can however switch a character's sub-class during their 'journey' without losing anything you've earned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

2mb game update for xbox 360, just awaiting the servers to go live,

any 360 players have their copy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some guides on the different classes
    Titan
    Hunter
    Warlock

And a guide on what class to pick for raids
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/09/08/destiny-choosing-your-class-and-why-it-matters/

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Super jealous of all you guys who have the physical copy early, as soon as the servers go live (just over an hour to go right?) I'm going to go dark until midnight so I wont see any spoilers. I don't trust myself not to watch livestreams if I'm near a computer.

*checks watch* uuuughhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I've decided I wont be getting this anytime soon. It's a good game and enjoyed the beta, but I will only be able to put in 1/10th of the time required to actually be good at the game/have all the right gear. Unfortunately it is definitely a game of put alot of time into it and you'll be rewarded, dont and you wont get much out of it.

Just a warning to those retired hardcore gamers like myself, it's not a game I believe will be very rewarding to the more casual players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Still no reviews, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bought off PSN just there. This should be fun. Good chance seevers will be a problem tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Kiith wrote: »
    Still no reviews, no?

to be fair from what ive read day one reviews wont be very helpful as the media are getting access to the game/servers the same time we are

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Servers are hosted by Acti-vision/Bungie who have great experience with massive Multiplayer games (COD/HALO) so i'm hoping it'll be ok.

the only thing that worries me from the beat/alpha gameplay ive seen is that everywhere you go there's enemy's, so its like a constant firefight everywhere except the tower, id like to be able to explore a little bit in between fighting! to guys who have played it can you explore without constant fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

the only thing that worries me from the beat/alpha gameplay ive seen is that everywhere you go there's enemy's, so its like a constant firefight everywhere except the tower, id like to be able to explore a little bit in between fighting! to guys who have played it can you explore without constant fighting?

Can easily just hop on your hover-bike and drive by everything, but if you want to check out an area in detail you're going to have to get off that thing and blast some alien @ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Klair88 wrote: »
    Servers are hosted by Acti-vision/Bungie who have great experience with massive Multiplayer games (COD/HALO) so i'm hoping it'll be ok.

The last COD game I bought on PS3 was MW2 and servers went down for hours that day.

Long time ago though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

irishmover wrote: »
    Just a warning to those retired hardcore gamers like myself, it's not a game I believe will be very rewarding to the more casual players.
    I'll tell ya in a week.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Can easily just hop on your hover-bike and drive by everything, but if you want to check out an area in detail you're going to have to get off that thing and blast some alien @ss.

ah that sucks, i love exploration and discovering new cool things in games, shooting the pew pew is all good craic but it will get monotonous for me after a while if its just a constant barrage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had to cancel my order,can't afford it this week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Can I buy a PS4 Destiny bundle and take it away today lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

drumswan wrote: »
    Can I buy a PS4 Destiny bundle and take it away today lads?

you should be able to, but you wont be able to play destiny till the servers go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

you should be able to, but you wont be able to play destiny till the servers go up.

Thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Dades wrote: »
    I'll tell ya in a week.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Want to pick this up but I had a little problem with the beta. When I played i'd get lots of disconnects. I'd be booted from multiplayer constantly..

I know it was beta but i don't want to throw down €70 for a game that might not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Preordered in Gamestop my White PS4 & Destiny Bundle today (to pick up tomorrow) for €399, apparently it will come with the Upgraded Sparrow and Vanguard Armoury too and they are doing the Expansion Pass for €35, so thats ALL of the Exclusive content/DLC/Expanisons/Store specific stuff/Pre-order stuff for the Win (€434) :D

Also, I felt it's worth keeping this thread alive as it's useful:
    wexdevil wrote: »
    Emblem: Binding Focus - FJ9-LAM-67F
    Emblem: Ab Aeterno - JDT-NLC-JKM
    Emblem: Field of Light - JNX-DMH-XLA
    Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge - 7CP-94V-LFP
    Emblem: Illusion of Light - JD7-4CM-HJG
    Shader: Double Banshee - 7MM-VPD-MHP
    Shader: Oracle 99 - RXC-9XJ-4MH

Codes can be redeemed here -http://www.bungie.net/en/User/redeemedcodes

Also, these:
    Warlock YKA-RJG-MH9
    Hunter 3DA-P4X-F6A
    Titan MVD-4N3-NKH
    Rixis TCN-HCD-TGY
    Old Russia HDX-ALM-V4K
    Hive 473-MXR-3X9
    Moon JMR-LFN-4A3
    Gjallorhorn Launcher HC3-H44-DKC
    Duke Mk. 44 69P-KRM-JJA
    The Tower 69P-VCH-337
    Hive Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L
    Valley of the Kings 69R-DDD-FCP
    The Fallen 69R-F99-AXG
    Red Death 69R-VL7-J6A
    The Cabal 69X-DJN-74V
    The Devastated Coast 6A7-7NP-3X7
    Vex Minotaur 6A9-DTG-YGN

Destiny Planet View has also rewarded players with a code for an in-game emblem, Sign of the Finite: 7F9-767-F74

Factor in this matching beauty in a weeks time and it's all gravy

71WiUO6sQnL._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Servers are up! It's GO, GO, GO!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I pre ordered my PS4 copy in Smyth's, they told me I'd be getting a text a day or 2 before hand but so far I've heard nothing. Anybody here who pre ordered in Smyth's hear anything? I ordered in the Naas store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've the black headset but I must say those white ones look really nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement