Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Is it true that Destiny can't be played offline at all?
    That if your xbox live subscription runs out you can't play the game at all not even single player.
    I was thinking of buying the game until I heard about that.

Yes it is online only, but afaik gold is only required for Strikes, Raids and PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Ok thanks for the info.
    So if your broadband goes down you cant play a game.
    That's lame.
    I dont like the idea of paying 50 euros for a game that has a story mode that I cant play unless Ive a constant reliable internet connection. Dark souls is playable offline so Bungie are just pretending it couldnt be done when we know it could.
    I think I'll skip Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

So I got the digital guardian edition. Where do I go to get all the bonus items?

jaxdasher wrote: »
    So I got the digital guardian edition. Where do I go to get all the bonus items?

The postmaster should give them to you when you reach the tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Dark souls is playable offline so Bungie are just pretending it couldnt be done when we know it could.

Dark Souls is hardly comparable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

The postmaster should give them to you when you reach the tower.

Is that all? I got 3 of the same ghost skin. Wasn't there suppose to be a sparrow skin?

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Is that all? I got 3 of the same ghost skin. Wasn't there suppose to be a sparrow skin?

It glitchy at the moment apparently, other people have been getting multiple sparrows and no ghost skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Im outta here,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Right peeps,

If you want to activate the clan, log in on Bungie.net (if you can get in!) And set whether your Xbox or PlayStation on group page and as soon as a certain number of players do it, the group becomes a clan....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Fieldog wrote: »
    Right peeps,

If you want to activate the clan, log in on Bungie.net (if you can get in!) And set whether your Xbox or PlayStation on group page and as soon as a certain number of players do it, the group becomes a clan....

Gonna be firing this up later on - what's the boards.ie clan ref?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Did anyone who ordered the standard edition on Amazon using parcel motel receive their copy this morning . mine only arrived in PM this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so any first impressions lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So how are people enjoying it so far? Haven't been following the development hugely but everything I've seen about it so far seems to scream MMO to me. Early days I know but does it look like it might have staying power?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sitting in work, looking at my friends list on the smartglass app. All playing Destiny.

Woe is me.

Come oooooooooooon half five.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭jones

My limited edition was posted last night at 2am - i took a chance and went with free delivery (couldnt justify paying anymore for the game ha) I'm hopeful i'll get it tomorrow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

maximoose wrote: »
    Sitting in work, looking at my friends list on the smartglass app. All playing Destiny.

Woe is me.

Come oooooooooooon half five.

Same as that. Fcuk me this is torture, especially when I never played the beta, I stayed clear of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's actually harder than the beta starting off, or am I just imagining it ? They definitely upped the xp / made skills unlock faster in beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Waiting until this evening to download it and expect to start playing without any connection problems is probably a bit too much to ask isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Few friends who ordered from Amazon with super free got theirs this morning. I'm not overly jealous since I'm in work this week but goes to show you can strike lucky with free delivery. Mine in en route was dispatched yesterday.

with a bit of luck it will be with the postman later, but not holding my breathe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

2 questions lads... where is this boards clan page?

Has anyone dealt with Tesco Direct in the UK? Unsurprisingly it says my copy hasn't even been dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »
    It's actually harder than the beta starting off, or am I just imagining it ? They definitely upped the xp / made skills unlock faster in beta.

Yeah I did the first few story missions on hard last night before bed and definitely found it more difficult than it was in the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kingdiarmuid

From searching around, here are the prices I found for in store purchase:
    Smyths & Argos €65 for next gen and €58 for last gen
    Gamestop €75 for next gen and €65 for last gen.
    Tesco I know they were selling for £40 in UK not sure about Irish prices.
    Xbox Live €70 on both 360 and One.

Has anyone else have any recommendations for those who have not pre-ordered?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked this up this morning.
    No idea what I'm letting myself in for tbh.
    As someone who has no mates that play games or own a PS4 for that matter is there going to be much by the way of content for the lone player, though online?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gagging to play this. Few beers later on this evening to go along with it methinks. Hope to see a few of you on there later.
    I'll be the one who is extremely shít. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ditto, hope it lives up to somebit of the hype, saw that angry joe put up a first impressions video telling people to scale back their hype for it :( but screw it im getting a ps4 with this so im hyped to hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just picked this up this morning.
    No idea what I'm letting myself in for tbh.
    As someone who has no mates that play games or own a PS4 for that matter is there going to be much by the way of content for the lone player, though online?

Good info here on what players with less time than others can expect
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/22/destinys-raids-arent-for-everyone-theyre-for-me/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TheDoc wrote: »
    Few friends who ordered from Amazon with super free got theirs this morning. I'm not overly jealous since I'm in work this week but goes to show you can strike lucky with free delivery. Mine in en route was dispatched yesterday.

with a bit of luck it will be with the postman later, but not holding my breathe
    I've preordered games using first class delivery and they always seem to end up a day late. It seems to be only first class delivery and one day Prime preorders that arrive late as they dispatch them so they arrive on release day meaning they arrive in Parcel Motel on the day meaning an extra day to be dispatched to you.Might try super free next time as it would go straight to my house . My copy of Destiny was dispatched from amazon on Saturday evening and was at Royal Mail on Sunday and didn't arrive in NI Mail Centre until last night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Gonna get a PS4 just for this game - won't be anytime soon though, maybe next month... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

calex71 wrote: »

I was under the impression your exp earned and that was accelerated during the beta so people could see all the possible content quicker. Which I think is understandable, didn't want people getting to max level too early after release although I bet there is people up there at the moment!

Just got my copy this morning, can't wait to get into it. I'm on ps4 add me on; TEQUILASHOT360

• Advertisement

• Still unsure if I'm picking this up on PS4 or X1.

Was looking to pick it up in Smyths because there pricing hasn't been as bad of late. However 64.99 being the cheapest in bricks and mortar hmm. For a game of this calibre I would have though it could have been bought cheap for the first day.

Not got the bandwidth for DL and not got the patience for delivery :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement