Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Still unsure if I'm picking this up on PS4 or X1.

Was looking to pick it up in Smyths because there pricing hasn't been as bad of late. However 64.99 being the cheapest in bricks and mortar hmm. For a game of this calibre I would have though it could have been bought cheap for the first day.

Not got the bandwidth for DL and not got the patience for delivery :P

Ah spoon, you know all your cool friends are on XB1 ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Was looking to pick it up in Smyths because there pricing hasn't been as bad of late. However 64.99 being the cheapest in bricks and mortar hmm. For a game of this calibre I would have though it could have been bought cheap for the first day.

Not got the bandwidth for DL and not got the patience for delivery :P

You can buy the Guardian edition which is €130 in GameStop for around €65 on the us store for the Xbox One. Not too sure about PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gandalph wrote: »
    I was under the impression your exp earned and that was accelerated during the beta so people could see all the possible content quicker. Which I think is understandable, didn't want people getting to max level too early after release although I bet there is people up there at the moment!

Just got my copy this morning, can't wait to get into it. I'm on ps4 add me on; TEQUILASHOT360

I'm GenericDreadHead, see you on there later (after the longest 8 hours of work ever) :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ah spoon, you know all your cool friends are on XB1 ! :)

Are they cool cos they're the only ones with X1's? Like that whole hipster, before it was mainstream stuff :cool:

FWIW, the PS4 has timed exclusive content for between 6 and 12 months including Raid/Strike, MP Maps, gear and more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 kingdiarmuid

From searching around, here are the prices I found for in store purchase:
    Smyths & Argos €65 for next gen and €58 for last gen
    Gamestop €75 for next gen and €65 for last gen.
    Tesco I know they were selling for £40 in UK not sure about Irish prices.
    Xbox Live €70 on both 360 and One.

Has anyone else have any recommendations for those who have not pre-ordered?

I heard back from Tesco Ireland they are selling Xbox One for €65 so I guess last gen is €58.

When there is only €5 in the difference why not get the digital copy on Xbox 360 which will then unlock the game on Xbox One too. Plus no getting of the couch to put the disc in (first world problems)

• Ah spoon, you know all your cool friends are on XB1 ! :)

Did you pick it up this morning? If so happy days, will be getting it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Left the X1 on last night and I only had a 1.5 mb download this morning so I was up and running before work.

Question. Those loot boxes, are they hidden across the landscape or do you get them at set points? I don't want to miss out on any LOOOOOOT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

For the Beta people. How does PVE vs PVP work? Does PVP kick in after a certain level or do you have to go to a certain area?

Thanks (lvl 2 until 5:30..)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Did you pick it up this morning? If so happy days, will be getting it later.

I prepaid for it off the US marketplace on sunday, it was 18 gig and it was downloaded before I left for work yesterday morning. I wasnt able to play it at midnight last night though - its timelocked to Midnight in the USA. should be good to go tonight though, I'll be online from about 8:30, sooner if I can get those pesky kids of mine to bed earlier!

• Advertisement

For the Beta people. How does PVE vs PVP work? Does PVP kick in after a certain level or do you have to go to a certain area?

Thanks (lvl 2 until 5:30..)

You go to the Tower at lvl 5 in Beta and it unlocks The Crucible which is the PvP arena

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Got the CODAW preorder bonus for Destiny in Gamestop by preordering it and then cancelling it.

Penn wrote: »
    Got the CODAW preorder bonus for Destiny in Gamestop by preordering it and then cancelling it.

Same here, but I'll keep the preorder and use it towards Evolve or Bloodbourne. Apparantly you need to visit the blacksmith to get that item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm really on the fence about this. On the one hand it looks visually amazing. On the other (from the bits I've seen) it reminds me of Mass effect, which I liked but didn't love. Then it seems like it's a huge game and I'm not sure if I have the time. Then I might consider trading Battlefield 4 & Assassin's Creed 4 for the HMV deal...I'm so indecisive sometimes dammit :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So jealous of you all.......so can you explore much or are there enemies every where you turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

My copy finally shipped at 5am this morning.

Join up for the boards clan here http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Myself or one of the other admins will approve your membership as soon as posible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

So jealous of you all.......so can you explore much or are there enemies every where you turn?

this was exactly the same thing i wanted to know! id get sick of just constant shooting, be nice to be able to take a break from shooting to do other things

So 9 am today I got
    • White PS
    • Destiny
    • PS Exclusive Content
    • Vanguard Armoury
    • Upgraded Sparrow
    • Expansion Pass
    • COD Pre-order with Guardian Armour Shader (gonna swap this pre-order to Evolve or Bloodbourne)
    • 1 Year Game Protection
    • A Cool looking Destiny Warlock T-Shirt (Warlock FTW)

All for €458

There is literally not a piece of content as of right now created for the game I do not own/have access to :pac::pac::pac:

I promise this will be the 1st and last time I even brag/boast, I'm just super excited, now I just have to get through 8 hours of work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

how did you get all the additional content? (bar the expansion pass?) , i am picking up my pre ordered white ps4 destiny bundle later today from gamestop, does it all come with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok, as someone who never was into online mmo's, could this be the game for me? 8hour single player campaign sounds short but good to me. Never played Halo.

Need to use my ps4 :)

• Advertisement

how did you get all the additional content? (bar the expansion pass?) , i am picking up my pre ordered white ps4 destiny bundle later today from gamestop, does it all come with it?

The Vanguard Armoury code (should) be inside the game disc on a sheet, the PS4 should come with a physical copy of the game inside the box.

The Sparrow should come as a separate code they manually print out at the counter - This might be one of those things you have to ask for, our Gamestop manager is a real nice guy so some times he might throw in extra stuff

The Expansion pass is €35 in-store if bought with the game, normally €45-€60 depending on who you believe

The T-Shirt is €5 off, so €15 instead of €20, It looks cool, and if enough of us get it, we can nod to each other as we pass in the street, like a secret "we're in the Free Masons type thing" :pac:

The COD Preorder is €5, can be canceled/transferred
    1 year game protection was €3, Normally don't go for this, but made an exception

The PS4 exclusive stuff is open by virtue of the fact it's the PS4 version of the game

Gamestop really saw me coming :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The copy of Destiny in all the bundles(black and white) have the preorder pack inside the box.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is it more PvE or PvP focused? Very tempted to pick it up on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

for anyone who missed the beta like me, found this quick walkthrough video for the first 20mins

Think I spent an hour in the tower before I realised I had to head back out to old russia , do'h!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_aj5ROfakM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB2_LWn_8mY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Bah I keep getting disconnected because it's telling me my internet isn't strong enough, never had a problem with the beta or other games. Using one of those damn TP-Link boosters, anyone know how to configure them for games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The girlfriend ordered the PS4 bundle from gamestop.ie on Friday and there's still no notification of it being dispatched.

Trying to ring them all morning to see what's going on but can't get through and they don't even have a hold system. It's also now showing up as out of stock on the website but they've taken the payment already.

GAMSCHTOP WHY YOU DO THIS??? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What became of all those codes we entered into the website ages ago? Were we went to get something for those :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Requested access to Boards clan.

PSN: WesleySkypes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Cormac... wrote: »
    [*]1 Year Game Protection

screen-shot-2012-06-06-at-10-36-16-am.png

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

Only managed to get to the City last night before going to bed. Counting the hours until I can get home and resume. Beans on toast for dinner I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement