Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    The Expansion pass is €35 in-store if bought with the game, normally €45-€60 depending on who you believed

The expansion pass is €35 on psn too, which is good. A lot of confusion over how much it would cost in Euro as it costs $35/£35 in the US and UK, which being £35 would normally make it €50 in the Euro zone.

calex71 wrote: »
    What became of all those codes we entered into the website ages ago? Were we went to get something for those :confused:

You can now redeem those codes by going into your code history on your profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

My copy finally shipped at 5am this morning.

Join up for the boards clan here http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Myself or one of the other admins will approve your membership as soon as posible.

Requested access too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You can now redeem those codes by going into your code history on your profile.

Ah ha !!!!! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this first impressions has me a bit worried about the story of the game, there's 3 races but you've no explanation at all as to why your playing anyone but human? to the lads that have played, is there much of a story at all? pretty important part for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Bah I keep getting disconnected because it's telling me my internet isn't strong enough, never had a problem with the beta or other games. Using one of those damn TP-Link boosters, anyone know how to configure them for games?

They shouldn't matter for games or not for games, well the one I had didn't.. I stopped using the extenders and instead got a set of Home Plugs, they work extremely well if possible I would pick up a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kiith wrote: »
    Is it more PvE or PvP focused? Very tempted to pick it up on the PS3.

Can be either or. PvE is the main storyline really and focus but there is instanced PvP where it's two teams against each other in various game modes. Feels like Halo which is a good thing. Not sure about world pvp which might become more apparent further into the game.

No sign of my copy yet, Amazon not offering tracking on super free, absolutely ****ing itching to go at this big time. Really enjyoed the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

My copy finally shipped at 5am this morning.

Join up for the boards clan here http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Myself or one of the other admins will approve your membership as soon as posible.

Requested to join there too.

On XB1 if anyone wants to add me gt is ferrigan101

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

calex71 wrote: »
    What became of all those codes we entered into the website ages ago? Were we went to get something for those :confused:

Most of them are for Emblems, Re-Skins, and some sort of cards (like collectors things, or maybe like the cards in Rage, i dunno)
    dar83 wrote: »
    :pac:

It's only my 2nd time getting it TBH, I don't make a habit of it, but as you can tell I was more money than sense at 9am
    Gandalph wrote: »
    Using one of those damn TP-Link boosters, anyone know how to configure them for games?

Yeah they are dead easy to use, I use them on PC, they are like having your console or PC connected directly to your router via an ethernet so you're not using Wifi at all
    The expansion pass is €35 on psn too, which is good. A lot of confusion over how much it would cost in Euro as it costs $35/£35 in the US and UK, which being £35 would normally make it €50 in the Euro zone.

Ah right, I guess I was duped, I couldn't find it priced as a standalone one the PSN store at all (unless it went up online today) so I thought I was getting a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Big Knox wrote: »
    The girlfriend ordered the PS4 bundle from gamestop.ie on Friday and there's still no notification of it being dispatched.

Trying to ring them all morning to see what's going on but can't get through and they don't even have a hold system. It's also now showing up as out of stock on the website but they've taken the payment already.

GAMSCHTOP WHY YOU DO THIS??? :(

Likewise, I've ordered previously with them and not received notification of shipping so I wouldn't be too worried. Is it still Nightline who deliver for them with the express post option?

• Advertisement

• Any updates on Tesco pricing?

I'm surprised Supervalu didn't get in on this.

this first impressions has me a bit worried about the story of the game, there's 3 races but you've no explanation at all as to why your playing anyone but human? to the lads that have played, is there much of a story at all? pretty important part for me :(

I wouldn't be too concerned, but that being said I'm the kind of person who would sit there and read all the info in Mass Effect in game in the directory thingy, the cards which you can bring up on the companion app function like this.

It would be a good idea as while waiting to travel or for friends to join you could open the app and read a snippet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know if it works without PS Plus?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

Is there any point buying this for the 360?

I won't be upgrading consoles until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

The Rabbit wrote: »

Yes. If you buy the PS3/360 version digitally you get the next gen version as a free download.

Details here: http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody know if it works without PS Plus?

Not required on PS3, not needed on PS4 for Story and Explore missions, required for Strikes, Raids and PvP on PS4.

The psn clan now has enough members to be out of probation and gain access to the clan trophies, the Xbox clan still needs more members before becoming active.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

iMuse wrote: »
    Yes. If you buy the PS3/360 version digitally you get the next gen version as a free download.

Details here: http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

That's brilliant thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm finding this fairly frustrating at the moment, I keep getting disconnected and booted back to the main screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I have just signed up for the clan but it will be a week or so before I get to play as the game is "for my" sons birthday. incidentally mine was shipped yesterday but still showing as processing by royal mail.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So jealous of you all.......so can you explore much or are there enemies every where you turn?

Everywhere is hostile apart from one place so far anyway. You can free roam the areas the missions are set but its not really an open world game. Enemies constantly respawn every few minutes too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Everywhere is hostile apart from one place so far anyway. You can free roam the areas the missions are set but its not really an open world game. Enemies constantly respawn every few minutes too.

that sounds like a lot of work

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mickeroo wrote: »

Thanks for that,dunno would it be for me so hmmm

The Rabbit wrote: »

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/08/activision-offers-free-next-gen-upgrade-for-destiny-4860636/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm finding this fairly frustrating at the moment, I keep getting disconnected and booted back to the main screen.

Same, now I can't even sign into psn. Got a warning saying that Destiny doesnt allow for 3rd party media use or some crap and that I was banned from joining strike groups or party chats, awful confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The letters you receive from the Postmaster, what are they for?

Also I seem to have too many and there is one the PM has for me but I cant transfer it.

Any ideas?

The letters you receive from the Postmaster, what are they for?

Also I seem to have to many and there is one the PM has for me but I cant transfer it.

Any ideas?

They give you new bounties, go to theboard when you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

iMuse wrote: »
    Likewise, I've ordered previously with them and not received notification of shipping so I wouldn't be too worried. Is it still Nightline who deliver for them with the express post option?

Not sure never ordered with them before but I hope you're right with the shipping notification!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

They give you new bounties, go to theboard when you get one.

Ah that explains it, sound man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loot drops need to stick out more in the environment :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

How I feel getting my gear equipped in the Tower :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement