Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Cormac... wrote: »
    I know I'm going to be LAMBLASTED by the general user base of this forum....

But ^^ This ^^ is why I was at Gamestop with my cap in hand at 9am

For Day 1 games, online ordering is Painful (Amazon aside)

Like that I was watching Argos on line intermittently from about 11pm last night, the game finally came on this morning shortly after 7 so I was straight in to reserve one. But they do seem plentiful enough around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Id never look down on someone because they shop in Gamestop, not everyone has fibre power broadband / unlimited download allowance to pull down a big title like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I only bought it from amazon as I was getting it for €50 instead of 75 in gamestop. Still haven't got the game as it only arrived in PM this morning. Sometimes you can get lucky and get on release but my last 3 preorders from Amazon arrived a day late and they were all first class delivery. Will probably try free supersaver for next Amazon preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I only bought it from amazon as I was getting it for €50 instead of 75 in gamestop. Still haven't got the game as it only arrived in PM this morning. Sometimes you can get lucky and get on release but my last 3 preorders from Amazon arrived a day late and they were all first class delivery. Will probably try free supersaver for next Amazon preorder.

I blame the GTA V early release fiasco, they are under strict orders not to let that happen again id say. Dispatched from Amazon to Royal Mail on Friday and it just sat there till this morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You can have day 1 delivery with Amazon guaranteed, still significantly cheaper then Gamestop.

I just personally go with the free option as it rounds the price of nicely. And I'm not in any immediate rush. In saying that I've had good luck previously with day 1 launch with free delivery option, just not today. Three friends though have, with their copies arriving with the postman this morning.

€45 for a Grade A new release, will happily wait a day or two after release :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

TheDoc wrote: »
    You can have day 1 delivery with Amazon guaranteed, still significantly cheaper then Gamestop.

I just personally go with the free option as it rounds the price of nicely. And I'm not in any immediate rush. In saying that I've had good luck previously with day 1 launch with free delivery option, just not today. Three friends though have, with their copies arriving with the postman this morning.

€45 for a Grade A new release, will happily wait a day or two after release :)

I thought the day 1 delivery was only if you lived in the UK? once you intoduce the parcel motel to the equation all bets are off.

I heard on a podcast recently that amazon do same day delivery in Los Angeles. A guy ordered his xbox one in the morning and it was at his house that evening. sweet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've always received first class deliveries on the day of release and super saver deliveries no later than Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

bought it for the ps4 off the playstation store, went for the special edition, the game has downloaded and Im playing it, but all the extras will not download, anybody else having the same problems...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's $59.99 on the US PSN store, and it's €69.99 on the Irish store (PS3). That's awesome...

**** sake...i'm probably still going to buy it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It comes down to what you value most, getting the game ASAP or saving money. I wanted GTA V ASAP so got it from Gamestop (at the time my internet speeds were not up to scratch to download). And as much as I would like to have Destiny now, I would prefer to have it a few days late with a headset and t-shirt for €15 less than GameStop are selling the game. :)

Edit: It's €75 at Gamestop?!? Make that €25 cheaper then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭thegame983

I heard on a podcast recently that amazon do same day delivery in Los Angeles. A guy ordered his xbox one in the morning and it was at his house that evening. sweet!

Giant Bombcast. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    bought it for the ps4 off the playstation store, went for the special edition, the game has downloaded and Im playing it, but all the extras will not download, anybody else having the same problems...

Is that in the download queue? If you go to Destiny on the main Ps screen then go down on the app to addons they should be there. I didnt get any of the addons in game yet but there seems to be a problem with them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Soon enough, nobody will be complaining about delivery time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I've always received first class deliveries on the day of release and super saver deliveries no later than Thursday or Friday.

I preordered south park , watch dogs and destiny with first class and Amazon either Dispatched them the day before release or early but they stay at royal mail until they can be sent to PM for release day.

Is that in the download queue? If you go to Destiny on the main Ps screen then go down on the app to addons they should be there. I didnt get any of the addons in game yet but there seems to be a problem with them anyway.

thanks... went to add ons and it now says installed.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I preordered south park , watch dogs and destiny with first class and Amazon either Dispatched them the day before release or early but they stay at royal mail until they can be sent to PM for release day.

Ohhhh right I don't use pm anymore after they lost dark souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Seen Gamestop are doing their typical trade in deal...

NyuBlhU.jpg

Trade in list

I have a 3DS and 360 game I could trade in. Will do so tomorrow morning.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Was in two minds whether to get this or not but some of the lads I regularly play with on here were getting it so nipped in to gamestop there with a few games to trade in that were gonna become beer mats otherwise. Only cost me 20 quid in the end so happy days and got a pre order code as they had some left!

Time to live out my Density!

iamyourdensity-300x163.jpg

on ps4 how do I play a multiplayer game?? like team deathmatch??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You gotta get to Level 5, go to the Tower and Unlock the Crucible area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

thanks... went to add ons and it now says installed.......

I haven't tried this yet but some people are saying to restore the licences to get the in game content to show.

Heres a thread on the bungie forums about it:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/68975633/0/0

Right out of the box you cannot. You have to unlock the "Crucible" part of the map - so play some of the main game first

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My Amazon dispatched on Monday so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow.

I'll take the extra few days wait in exchange for getting it for around €50.

You gotta get to Level 5, go to the Tower and Unlock the Crucible area

ta...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What's the best first option to start playing right out of the box in order to level up? Or are you funneled into some sort of introductory campaign?

Dades wrote: »
    What's the best first option to start playing right out of the box in order to level up? Or are you funneled into some sort of introductory campaign?

Play story missions until you are underleveled to continue down that line, then look at other options on maps to increase your level to better suit story missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Still at the 'Installing Destiny' screen. 63% thus far. I'll hopefully be on by the end of the year.

More fool me. Was at home all day chilling with the missus and could have had all this shíte done earlier. Damn her with her seductive sultry ways.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That_Guy wrote: »
    More fool me. Was at home all day chilling with the missus and could have had all this shíte done earlier. Damn her with her seductive sultry ways.

Take you humble brag elsewhere! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

tinodz wrote: »
    Seen Gamestop are doing their typical trade in deal...

NyuBlhU.jpg

Trade in list

I have a 3DS and 360 game I could trade in. Will do so tomorrow morning.

Love how NHL 15 is on the list and it's not even out yet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Guys, any downsides to buying it from the US Microsoft store?!

It's $59.99 on there and my Amazon order never turned up so I'm mighty tempted to just buy it digitally this evening, then return my Amazon copy or sell it cost price to anyone that wants it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement