Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Glimmer is it worth hording it or would I be getter off spending it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Glimmer is it worth hording it or would I be getter off spending it?

Seems better to hoard, you don't get that much and you get new weapons anyway.

No point spending it on a weapon only to get 1 free for a mission, may just replace that 1 piece of gear/weapon that's holding you back otherwise just save it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 THE CAPTAIN 420

Hey new destiny clan recruiting CRAIC HEADS easy going clan all welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 9 THE CAPTAIN 420

Anybody tell me was the Vanguard Armoury suppose to give you free starting weapons? I have the Digital Guardian Edition just got my stuff after restoring the licences. No sign of the Vanguard Armoury though.
    It's in the hanger you need a bit of glimmer and lvl 5

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭John Mongo

Is there a Boards Destiny clan being set up for the PS4 folk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played 3 hours and got as far as level 5, good craic with a few friends for sure, Xbox live is definitely under pressure, party chat wouldn't work properly at all for us. Once we got started it was pretty smooth sailing though. Not bad for the first day launch of a major title like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

John Mongo wrote: »

There is. The link is a few pages back, but you can't join at the moment as groups are currently disabled on bungie.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anybody tell me was the Vanguard Armoury suppose to give you free starting weapons? I have the Digital Guardian Edition just got my stuff after restoring the licences. No sign of the Vanguard Armoury though.

Its down by the Hangar but you still have to spend glimmer to buy the guns.Pretty decent attack of 60

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

John Mongo wrote: »

Boards clan here, Xbox and PS welcome :

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

No requirements, just a bit of craic...

I want to do a bit of campaign alone before jumping in, will be on most evenings and weekends....

PSN : Fieldog

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Cormac... wrote: »

Also, I felt it's worth keeping this thread alive as it's useful:

Warlock YKA-RJG-MH9
    Hunter 3DA-P4X-F6A
    Titan MVD-4N3-NKH
    Rixis TCN-HCD-TGY
    Old Russia HDX-ALM-V4K

If anyone hasn't already redeemed those and doesn't want to go through the process of copy-pasting every one, you can just enter some code on Chrome that will do it all automatically.
    Here’s the Chrome script mentioned in the video that you can activate by pressing the “CTRL + Shift + J” keys (to make the JavaScript Console appear in a window) when you’re signed in on Bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption and by then pressing Enter after copy/paste-ing it into the window that shows up. Finally, be patient and wait for the script to automatically add all 25 codes one after another.
    var codes=["YKA-RJG-MH9", "3DA-P4X-F6A", "MVD-4N3-NKH", "TCN-HCD-TGY", "HDX-ALM-V4K", "473-MXR-3X9", "JMR-LFN-4A3", "HC3-H44-DKC", "69P-KRM-JJA", "69P-VCH-337", "69R-CKD-X7L", "69R-DDD-FCP", "69R-F99-AXG", "69R-VL7-J6A", "69X-DJN-74V", "6A7-7NP-3X7", "6A9-DTG-YGN", "7F9-767-F74", "FJ9-LAM-67F", "JD7-4CM-HJG", "JDT-NLC-JKM", "JNX-DMH-XLA", "7CP-94V-LFP", "7MM-VPD-MHP", "RXC-9XJ-4MH"];

var codeField = document.getElementById("text_code");

var i = 0;

var delay = 2500;

function enterCodeLoop () { setTimeout(function () { codeField.value = codes[i]; $(".btn_submitCode")[0].click(); i++; if (i < codes.length) { enterCodeLoop(); } }, delay) }

enterCodeLoop();

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2014/09/08/destiny-cheats.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Fieldog wrote: »
    Boards clan here, Xbox and PS welcome :

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

No requirements, just a bit of craic...

I want to do a bit of campaign alone before jumping in, will be on most evenings and weekends....

PSN : Fieldog

im in. ClydeRadcliffe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They really should have implemented a matchmaking option for co-op missions, they can do it for strikes so it is possible.

My biggest criticism of the game so far is how they have handled co op for the campaign. Ok if you have friends on you form a group but otherwise you have to run around recruiting randoms to a fireteam. Where as it would have been so much easier if they put in a match making option where everyone waiting was waiting to do a mission.

• Great game but some server issues all day to be fair on Xbox 1. Would be in the middle of a game and just get booted back to Orbit menu. PS4 reporting this also.

I understand the strain on launch day but still, preparation for the most pre-ordered game of all time perhaps??

This is an example of the error code / message you receive when you get booted on both Consoles; Some silly system where they assign animal and insect names to errors.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11791

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Didn't have any server issues on XB1, bar a quick boot back to the menu screen in the first mission but after that everything went smoothly.

Didn't spend too much time with the beta, so went it not really knowing what exactly to expect - love it so far :)

The campaign missions seem a bit messy going in solo, with the random players jumping in and out. With a fireteam though it's good fun, although the 3 player restriction is a bit crap.

Only played one PvP match in the crucible. Some of the vehicles are nuts, that interceptor (?) is a beast. Did seem a little unbalanced as we got matched with much higher level players, not sure if this affects weapons etc but they did seem to be able to pull some crazy abilities out of their ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Some of the patrol encounters actually reminds me of Final Fantasy XII, nearly being wiped out by monsters that are a higher level than me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

Sent off an invite to the clan,ya can't beat a good curry cheese chips in supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »

Only played one PvP match in the crucible. Some of the vehicles are nuts, that interceptor (?) is a beast. Did seem a little unbalanced as we got matched with much higher level players, not sure if this affects weapons etc but they did seem to be able to pull some crazy abilities out of their ass.

AFAIK there are two types of crucible matches, ones where your single player rank and gear matters, and one where its a level playing field for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Just got a chance to run through the intro last night. Did all the bits on the tower. Went Titan.

Gonna give it a proper go tomorrow night. Any starting tips? What to do/where to go etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I've got to play this for a few hours but I'm glad they made it a good bit harder than the beta, or maybe they didn't but just nerfed hunter into the ground as I am quite squishy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Got to ask - what made this game cost $500m exactly ? It's not exactly steeped in features or graphics like numerous other Games or MMOs...

• Advertisement

Oh and my tip to anyone who hasn't played the beta, on the first strike level shoot the god damn spider robot's legs! There, I just saved you and your fire team half an hour :D Had a group last night that just went head on and the two of them must of died 20+ times trying to shoot it in the face, but thats what we love about new games, finding out all these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so what are peoples opinions? all the reviews in progress i am reading and watching arnt exactly overflowing with praise!! very grindy, little to no story, crappy voice acting.

i hope when i get into this today i am blown away but my expectations have sunk a fair bit

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Got to ask - what made this game cost $500m exactly ? It's not exactly steeped in features or graphics like numerous other Games or MMOs...

I would say it's the best looking open MMO I've played, easily. Until (if) Division comes out.

so what are peoples opinions? all the reviews in progress i am reading and watching arnt exactly overflowing with praise!! very grindy, little to no story, crappy voice acting.

i hope when i get into this today i am blown away but my expectations have sunk a fair bit

Ah, I dunno, when a game has this sort of hype it's very heavily criticized.

Just play it and make your own opinion. Personally I like it, because it suits casual gamers like myself, I don't have the time I once did to dedicate to games so it's a nice MMO to pick up and play, the production is very slick though. Everything runs very smoothly and it looks as good as a linear FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i guess i was just expecting a big sci fi storytelling experience as its bungie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

On the fence about this so far in that I am enjoying it, but I'm wondering how long it'll last. It's pretty much wash, rinse and repeat with the missions (I'm only level 5, mind): go somewhere, shoot some dregs, vandals and captains and fly out again (the dregs just peering around rocks for me to pop them in the head is getting a little boring). Gonna join that clan later, so maybe when I get to the multiplayer aspect it might improve. Improving the armour of my hunter is compelling though, can't wait to get an ould cloak!

Is there a loot cache in every place, btw? I found one but not found any others yet. Anywhere I should be looking, or for signs?

I think they dialled back on the storytelling because its an MMO, so you can't be so progressive, it has to be open ended. Having said that I've played feck all so I don't really know how the story progresses.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AFAIK there are two types of crucible matches, ones where your single player rank and gear matters, and one where its a level playing field for all.

Yeah the Iron Banner is the one where gear matters. Though even in the other one if you play at a low level you might still be disadvantaged as you won't have unlocked all abilities/perks.

i guess i was just expecting a big sci fi storytelling experience as its bungie :(

Maybe when you get into it the story it will open up because as of this moment I couldn't even tell you what race I am playing (there has been nothing to specify), some sort of cyborg or something, or maybe its not because they have genders...I don't even know!

• Advertisement

Is there a loot cache in every place, btw? I found one but not found any others yet. Anywhere I should be looking, or for signs?

From my experience on beta they are just random spawns, I know a couple of locations but sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not. The stuff inside them hasn't been compelling enough for me to go searching for them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement