Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Solo PvE is pretty dull. I bought this to play CTF or something, is it in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

weiland79 wrote: »
    Playing for two hours last night before a public event came up and as soon as it did I got kicked into orbit. Fairly disappointed with the missions.
    Go over here scan that thing, mission complete.
    Actually fairly disappointed is an understatement, that's really poor.
    As has been mentioned earlier the ai is terrible, they just hide behind cover with a bit of their head sticking out!
    Even though I had some fun with it last night, after a chance to sleep on it I've allowed myself to admit that it's pretty shallow and weak.

Played it for a few more hours myself yesterday and got p1ssed off with doing stuff that I didn't really see much, or any, point in doing. More to the point, I didn't understand why I was doing it and I had done something similar two minutes beforehand. The respawning of the enemies is ridiculous too. Killed a captain and two vandals, walked 20 yard and killed some acolytes and thralls from distance, turned back around and there's the lads again. I think I'll be trading this in tomorrow unless this Crucible lark really livens things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

drumswan wrote: »
    Solo PvE is pretty dull. I bought this to play CTF or something, is it in the game?

There are the usual MP modes, TDM, control, DM etc nothing particularly new

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

if the pvp mp becomes good il enjoy it but is the mp even slightly like halo? are there big open maps? vehicles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

calex71 wrote: »
    There are the usual MP modes, TDM, control, DM etc nothing particularly new

Grand, I havent played a FPS in years, wasnt looking for anything cutting edge.

How do I get to these game modes? I spent last night running around picking up missions from green flashing things which all involved shooting stupid respawning bots

• Advertisement

drumswan wrote: »
    Grand, I havent played a FPS in years, wasnt looking for anything cutting edge.

How do I get to these game modes? I spent last night running around picking up missions from green flashing things which all involved shooting stupid respawning bots

They open up on the set destination map after lvl 5

I was going to invite folks from the clan to a strike last night, but for the life of me I could not see anywhere in the game to do so :confused:

WTF is the point of having clans if you can't see who is on line and quickly invite them, like how they had it in GTAV /sigh

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

if the pvp mp becomes good il enjoy it but is the mp even slightly like halo? are there big open maps? vehicles?

There is one map that's big with loads of vehicles that I've come across so far based on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Might try the Crucible tonight, although the PvP element really wasn't the reason i bought this, I have many other games i can play TDM, capture the flag etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I was going to invite folks from the clan to a strike last night, but for the life of me I could not see anywhere in the game to do so :confused:

WTF is the point of having clans if you can't see who is on line and quickly invite them, like how they had it in GTAV /sigh

Mite be under the roster section in the options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

It is in the roster section.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Max players online for the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Maybe everyone already knows this but you should never turn in a bounty etc without swapping out your gear and subclass to ones that are not fully levelled or you don't use often, it's a good way of levelling those things without using them.

Can you elaborate on this, I'm not sure what you mean exactly?
    maximoose wrote: »
    Attempted the moon strike mission last night. It's a level 12 and the 3 of us were levels 8,10, and 11. One big bastard chained to the floor and a never ending onslaught of Knights either side of him.

I've been waiting till I'm over-leveled by about 3 levels before doing missions and strikes and choosing to do them on hard, makes it more challenging/rewarding. I'd imagine johnny mc-level-8 was getting Mauled :pac:
    I was going to invite folks from the clan to a strike last night, but for the life of me I could not see anywhere in the game to do so :confused:/

There's an Invite Friends option while in Orbit, once you form a party/fireteam, they stay with you until they opt to leave.

Anyone around Level 13-16 up for doing the Moon Strike later on Hard and grabbing the Golden Chest at the end? Around 7pm GMT on PS4 GenericDreadHead

weiland79 wrote: »
    It is in the roster section.

where I need a trip to spec savers here I think.

All I can see there is Fireteam, friends and game :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Push y when you're in orbit and you will see a list of friends. Then hover over each name and push A, you should see an option to invite then.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this, I'm not sure what you mean exactly?

You get xp for turning in bounties, which goes on your subclass and gear that can be levelled to unlock perks. So it's wasted if they gear is at max level, swap it out for something that isn't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

move the cursor over their names and press the button, you should get an option to invite or open party app (on xbox one anyway).

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Push y when you're in orbit and you will see a list of friends. Then hover over each name and push A, you should see an option to invite then.

No I mean people in the boards clan who are not on my friends list, it doesn't show those people is what I'm saying.

It'd also be nice to see if people are actually in a fireteam already before you go spamming them with invites.

I've been waiting till I'm over-leveled by about 3 levels before doing missions and strikes and choosing to do them on hard, makes it more challenging/rewarding. I'd imagine johnny mc-level-8 was getting Mauled :pac:

How is doing the missions when you're over levelled making it more challenging exactly? :p

• Advertisement

No I mean people in the boards clan who are not on my friends list, it doesn't show those people is what I'm saying.

I just ended up adding a rake of people by looking/using the Clan chat thingy on Bungie.net.

Myself, Browner13 and Nerobear had a whale of a time for a while until I went back to doing (vastly underleveled) story missions

It'd also be nice to see if people are actually in a fireteam already before you go spamming them with invites.

It tells you that when you go to view details on a player in the friends menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

****ty when someone joints your fireteam and you can't launch a mission with any more than 3, then you see other randomers on the map, anyway!

Oh I get you now, yeah that would make a lot of sense to include alright.

Oh I get you now, yeah that would make a lot of sense to include alright.

Yeah I mean it seems a lot of the stuff you want/expect like that stats even should be in a game but Bungie implement it on their web site instead :confused:

How is doing the missions when you're over levelled making it more challenging exactly? :p

I meant over by 3 levels of the levels "Normal" difficulty. Doing them on Hard for one, so a Normal Strike might be level 6, on Hard it's level 9, so I'll do it at Level 10 with some players level 11 and 12 and the majority of the enemies will be Level 11 due to the balancing. It's hard to explain, but generally speaking I did most missions on Hard since about 2 hours in. Better loot and exp and a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ugh, with work and training I probably won't get a chance to play this until Saturday night, and even then I think the missus wants to go the cinema.

... First world problems.

It tells you that when you go to view details on a player in the friends menu.

Fair enough, but theres a lot of empty screen space there, it'd be a lot handier if they were arranged in groups of 3 when theyre in a fireteam and listed individually when theres space free to join / invite

Yeah I mean it seems a lot of the stuff you want/expect like that stats even should be in a game but Bungie implement it on their web site instead :confused:

The game badly needs something the same as mass effects codex. even Battlefield 4 manages to integrate battlelog into it (albeit wonkily).

last night a message popped up so fast i didnt get a chance to read it, but I think it said something like "check overwatch" - no idea what this is.

• Advertisement

Putting things like that on a website was exactly what 343 were torn apart for with Halo 4 by a lot of Halo die-hards, saying Bungie would never have gone that route and they've only gone and taken it further. :P

I meant over by 3 levels of the levels "Normal" difficulty. Doing them on Hard for one, so a Normal Strike might be level 6, on Hard it's level 9, so I'll do it at Level 10 with some players level 11 and 12 and the majority of the enemies will be Level 11 due to the balancing. It's hard to explain, but generally speaking I did most missions on Hard since about 2 hours in. Better loot and exp and a challenge.

Oh I get you now, I hadn't realised the enemies scale with you. I've been doing most missions on hard solo and they're pretty tough going. They're way too easy on normal though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement