Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you know if you've completed a level in story ? Does it change colour or anything ?

Yeah the icon will fill in if you've completed it. sort of a brownish colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sSmidge

I joined that clan boards have on BUNGIE there. Game is kind of boring and repetitive on your own. My GT is xX Smidgeee Xx . I play on xbox one. Add me if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah the icon will fill in if you've completed it. sort of a brownish colour.

Thanks for that. Just getting going and trying to find my way around the game. Just turned level 7 and will be doing the level 8 strike shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Thanks for that. Just getting going and trying to find my way around the game. Just turned level 7 and will be doing the level 8 strike shortly.

Set aside some time. Bullet sponge imminent

Set aside some time. Bullet sponge imminent

Jumped on there and got the whole way to the end and just as we had Septus Prime dead I got kicked back to the main menu. I'm so annoyed right now.
    I carried the team and hadn't went down once the whole way through the mission. I'd say I'd double the kills of the next closest guy to me. And at least 12/15 revives.

Ggggggggggrggh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Jumped on there and got the whole way to the end and just as we had Septus Prime dead I got kicked back to the main menu. I'm so annoyed right now.
    I carried the team and hadn't went down once the whole way through the mission. I'd say I'd double the kills of the next closest guy to me. And at least 12/15 revives.

Ggggggggggrggh

Sickner, though I bet you would have gotten some rubbish uncommon Scout Rifle while the lads got Rare Light Armour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sickner, though I bet you would have gotten some rubbish uncommon Scout Rifle while the lads got Rare Light Armour :pac:

True, carried teams myself only for the game to place me last in the party even though I got more kills, precise kills and assists with no deaths. Seems the scoring is heavily weighed towards revives and generating orbs of light from your super. I tend to hold off on my super unless I am surrounded or up against an ultra or major, the shock grenade can nearly do as much damage as Fists of Havok.

Great game earlier btw. Man did the weekly strike kick our asses though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I just bought a.ps4 today along with destiny. Im on level 6 or something and still not fully sure how this game works. There doesnt seem to be a save option there is no map and its a bit boring playing alone. The game seems like its missing somehing. I dont really have many friends on my list so i want to make some and add people to play destiny with. Wondering if anyone like to add me?!!
    My psn tag is: nodferatu1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I just bought a.ps4 today along with destiny. Im on level 6 or something and still not fully sure how this game works. There doesnt seem to be a save option there is no map and its a bit boring playing alone. The game seems like its missing somehing. I dont really have many friends on my list so i want to make some and add people to play destiny with. Wondering if anyone like to add me?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Nodferatu wrote: »

Everything saves automatically.

• Advertisement

I nearly through the controller out the window :) oh well may try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Played Salvage in the Crucible last night. Very entertaining and well balanced, I thought so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

on the ps4 clan but what use is having clans with no in game menu..........
    sure add me if ye want to make a fireteam or do a strike, currently a level 9 titan
    psn: IcySeanFitz

was thinking of trading this in to get store credit for something coming out in the next month or two but seeing as i bought the expansion pass i guess il keep onto it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Crucible is interesting, I was able to hold my own against level 20s at level 5. Seems to reward people who have some FPS experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im really struggling with the pvp :( so long since i played online fps with a controller and not mouse and keyboard, getting my ass handed to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I'm guessing some weapon stats are not balanced for PvP. Impact, stability, rate of fire, etc, all seem to retain their values.
    I couldn't compete till I picked up a well spec'd weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

.ak wrote: »
    Crucible is interesting, I was able to hold my own against level 20s at level 5. Seems to reward people who have some FPS experience.

It is fairly well balanced (bar unlocked abilites of the higher levels). Some games I get absolutely slaughtered in, some I do f*cking great in. But it's nearly always my own fault or being up against good/bad players as opposed to unbalanced game mechanics.

One game of Control at the weekend, I got 28 kills. Another game, I got about 7 kills, and 14 deaths.
    bugs wrote: »
    I'm guessing some weapon stats are not balanced for PvP. Impact, stability, rate of fire, etc, all seem to retain their values.
    I couldn't compete till I picked up a well spec'd weapon.

Yeah, I had been using a pulse rifle in the story missions, but an auto rifle is a must for PvP because the damage is balanced, but you'll get more shots off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

.ak wrote: »

Yeah I think it's a big help if you palyed Halo before.

It's not a twitch shooter like CoD, but one where obviously you need to keep sustained fire up on targets on the move. Anticipating enemy movement and keeping yourself ALWAYS mobile are the keys here. Yeah I think it's a big help if you palyed Halo before.

It's not a twitch shooter like CoD, but one where obviously you need to keep sustained fire up on targets on the move. Anticipating enemy movement and keeping yourself ALWAYS mobile are the keys here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, don't bother going out of your way to collect helium/spirit blooms/spinmetal whatever. I collected 50 helium fragments to trade in to the Crucible quartermaster, and all I got was about 25 faction reputation, and 250 glimmer. I would have earned more of both by just doing patrol missions.

Gandalph wrote: »
    The pvp is completely balanced in my opinion, I don't have a complaint about a single class, everyones supers are OP (except hunters gunslinger subclass with golden guns, sucks).

I have to agree, what actually makes you good at PvP is Knowing the maps, Picking a good load out, using your Super effectively, using Grenades, using Melee, knowing when to wait for an opponent sprinting around the corner, knowing when to spot points to get kills instead of rushing in (particularly in Salvage), after 30+ games across all 5 modes I'm really starting to enjoy it and loving Salvage and Skirmish most
    Nodferatu wrote: »

Added
    Played Salvage in the Crucible last night. Very entertaining and well balanced, I thought so anyway.

Yeah, definitely my fave as you know where the enemy is going to be roughly so not to much wandering around, really satisfying 3v3 firefights
    psn: IcySeanFitz

Added
    Penn wrote: »
    Also, don't bother going out of your way to collect helium/spirit blooms/spinmetal whatever. I collected 50 helium fragments to trade in to the Crucible quartermaster, and all I got was about 25 faction reputation, and 250 glimmer. I would have earned more of both by just doing patrol missions.

Thanks for the heads up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Nah they are important when it comes to upgrading your legendaries later on, I need about 80 spinmetal just to get the best out of my purple boots!

I also picked up a purple rifle which takes about another 40 or so! Havent come across a use for the other materials but I bet there is one though.

So after playing about 20 hours or more and hitting level 23 I have a couple of bits of advice and questions.

Upgrade your Green/Blue weaponry, the more rare the item the more upgrades achievable, so always lean towards the rarer gear (especially if it has a "light" stat) as a Green Auto Rifle has maybe 3 upgrades, a Blue one has 6.

Am I the only one not finding any Legendary gear by level 23? All i've found is a useless Bond and I bought a purple Dead Orbit bond so I have no Purple Guns or Armour, what am I doing wrong here?

Use your Glimmer multiplying items shortly into each raid where appropriate.

Sometimes taking 5 Crucible bounties and doing 5 games back to back can net serious upgrades all round.

If you have "Maxxed" gear when going to turn in a bounty, change it out, the Exp applied once you turn in a Bounty also appiles to gear, not just you character.

The fact the 2nd Subclass (Sunslinger for me) is so underpowered once you hit level 15 is a pain, had to go and do some low level strikes to even get my Glide back, I'm not impressed.

Am I the only one who is finding the whole Vanguard/Faction/Crucible Reputation and Marks completely grind, It's been Ages since I started my Dead Orbit thing and still no joy.

Wtf am I doing wrong with Motes of Light Strange Coins? My Crytograph only has all white $hite.

Why is the whole game only maybe 5 cutscenes? Should have been twice as many.
    If there were only maybe 4-6 more story missions and more cutscenes, there would have been far less complaining, the ones the actually have are pretty decent (cheesy-ness aside), pity you can't skip them once you've seen them once, all 3 of us in the strike tema just there waiting.

Only you hit level 5, go straight to the Crucible and do some Patrols and get yourself to Level 8, then do the entire rest of the game on Hard - Trust me, it's worth it.

Generally try and do early strikes 2 levels above the Hard Recommended level pre-level 20 and once you hit level 20, try and be 1 level over the chosen difficulty.

Don't waste your time doing a level 22 strike when all 3 of you are level 21, it's not fun, you won't pass it, and even if you do, it'll probably make you hate the game, every single Vandal is a bullet sponge. Myself and 2 others tried the Earth Strike at 21 when it was 22 (the Heroic Weekly) and it was painful, couldn't even reach the 1st boss

Wtf am I doing wrong with Motes of Light Strange Coins? My Crytograph only has all white $hite.

The motes of light are generally just for aesthetic equipment but there is a vendor who shows up at weekends with some really good gear that you can gamble with and trade 16 motes of light for an exotic engram (yellow, 1 above purple/legendary). This vendor also trades strange coins for exotic pieces of equipment with sick stats. His inventory changes every week though so there is no telling what he'll have next time around, that exotic engram might not even be there anymore I don't know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You really shouldn't have traded those, they are used to level up legendary gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

So far enjoying Destiny, though I've played a lot less than I'd have liked. Slowly leveling - only lvl 14 at the mo'.

The Crucible is fun (for all of three games I've played). Very fast and movement based, really getting to know the ergonomics of the DualSHock 4 like never before!

Hopefully get more time this week and be able to put i some serious time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Am I the only one not finding any Legendary gear by level 23? All i've found is a useless Bond and I bought a purple Dead Orbit bond so I have no Purple Guns or Armour, what am I doing wrong here?

Sometimes taking 5 Crucible bounties and doing 5 games back to back can net serious upgrades all round.

I only started getting Legendary gear at LVL 23 myself, am at LVL 25 now and have gotten 5 pieces of Ledge since.

Also stocking the Crucible bounties is great, 5 games of Skirmish then 5 games of control and then the "Kill 25 titans/hunter/warlock" All very easily done in an 1hr+

***Finding it hard to kill/find 25 titans though

Motes of light are got by gaining EXP and can be traded with the Agent of the Nines (during weekends only afaik) and the Speaker. You can get Exotics from the Agent bloke or legendary stuff from the speaker.

As for getting legendaries its just luck and some grinding. I got purple boots from a blue engram that I got as a reward for pvp. I also got a legendary auto rifle from a legendary engram from a strike mission (I solo'd weekly heroic strike, don't know if that had anything to do with it). I also got purple warlock gloves (I'm a hunter) from a purple engram that dropped off a random mob doing bounties. So you can see the stuff is completely random.

I can also afford a purple chest and gloves with crucible and vanguard marks but I just need to get my rep up for each faction just a little more. I hit the maximum weekly there last night which is 100 marks for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Yeah, I had been using a pulse rifle in the story missions, but an auto rifle is a must for PvP because the damage is balanced, but you'll get more shots off.

Its down to preference but I had issue with the fact that higher level players essentially had access to 'better' auto rifles. The bullet damage is all the same but the stability and rate of fire still affect the guns. My level 6 auto rifle was a recoiling mess, when I got a decent one at level 16, I felt I could compete one on one.
    Perhaps those stats in high numbers are available to lower level weaponry, but I'm not so sure.
    The PvP is very good but in my opinion, its got a level below which you will find it tough to really succeed.

Also does anyone have any idea of the PvP post game rewards system. I have dominated a few games and gotten nothing.

PSN ID: toastor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm more or less getting owned still in the Crucible at level 7 (I have limited gametime!) Getting slightly better with a bit more map knowledge and staying out of the open with my default shotgun.

My auto rifle and scout rifle I think fire nerf bullets.

• Advertisement

Soooooo tomorrow is Raid day, who is up for trying to push onto Level 26+ this evening?
    Ideally I'd like to go into it about Level 27 as the bullet sponge effect is a bit less.
    Off the top of my head, the PSN IDs I can think of that are near or at that level would be (sorry if I'm missing anyone):

Warlocks:
    Me (Voidwalker Level 23)
    TwinRicketts (lvl 21)
    Wanterwint (lvl 21)

Titans:
    Arklowandy (lvl 25)
    TigronIE (lvl 23)
    Sniper_samurai (lvl 21)

Hunters:
    Tequilashot360 (lvl 25)
    Goon_Magee (lvl 22)
    Browner13 (lvl 20)
    Nerobear (lvl 20)

I played a good bit now with Browner13, Nerobear, Sniper_samurai, TigronIE and Arklowandy

I pulled these off the Bungie site, I'm not just creeping everyone with a pen and paper here like :pac:
    Apologies if I included any PS3 players above there

So thats 10 of us on PS4 that are Level 20+
    We should definitely be able to put together a group for the 1st Raid for maybe Wednesday if not tomorrow.
    I'll be online anyway later doing Level 22 and 24 Strike Playlists if anyone wants to join me for the greatest grind of all time :pac:
    Maybe a quick trip to the tower and a game of Crucible every 2 strikes to keep us fresh on gear etc

PSN ID: GenericDreadHead

If we get 6 people ready and definitely up for it, we can create a chat page in the PSN Menu to organise it.

Also, if someone had twitch or some way to record it, it could be class, we could be one of the 1st clans to get a 6 player Raid video on Youtube - just a thought :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement