Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dades wrote: »
    My auto rifle and scout rifle I think fire nerf bullets.

It's head-shots or you're using a feather duster with those :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cormac... wrote: »
    Only you hit level 5, go straight to the Crucible and do some Patrols and get yourself to Level 8, then do the entire rest of the game on Hard - Trust me, it's worth it.

Why is this? And how do you select 'hard'?

bugs wrote: »
    Its down to preference but I had issue with the fact that higher level players essentially had access to 'better' auto rifles. The bullet damage is all the same but the stability and rate of fire still affect the guns. My level 6 auto rifle was a recoiling mess, when I got a decent one at level 16, I felt I could compete one on one.

Oh I should mention some guns have special stats, I had a Green Auto rifle that had an upgrade that made it "More Accurate the longer it's shot", It was like using an industrial laser to cut through butter tbh, sickened when I got a Blue rifle, that was just about strong enough that I had to use it instead, hot-damn I miss that accuracy. If you see that stat on any Auto Rifle, it's a god send when coupled with a decent sight. It really made my **** ****

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I like the PvP a lot but would kill for a playlist with no super charge abilities enabled to level the playing field. Titan and Warlock are essentially invincible during their whole super charge animation. With a few tweeks here and there it would be brilliant but for now Titanfall feels more balanced and enjoyable to me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

.ak wrote: »

In orbit after you've selected destination but before you hit launch you'll see a box saying "Level 12 Normal" or whatever, click on that box and you will have options to change the difficulty.

• Advertisement

Yeah but doesn't the titan supercharge have a big con to it where there's essentially a cool down time. I just jump away, let the titan do his thing, and then riddle his head when he cools down.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    In orbit after you've selected destination but before you hit launch you'll see a box saying "Level 12 Normal" or whatever, click on that box and you will have options to change the difficulty.

Ah gotcha. So does making it harder mean you level quicker?

I did the strikes at the recommended level in Beta with 2 characters and found them more boring than challenging, particularly the 2nd 2 bosses on Earth.

Some, but not all Strikes AFAIK, allow you to select the difficulty even before you hot level 20, maybe I'm remember it wrong, but playing the story on Hard is Way more satisfying, I managed to balance it so I went into the last mission as a Level 20 by playing it on Hard.
    Once you hit Level 20, I think most Strike levels are changeable.
    I got to about level 9 Before i hit the moon or so

Titan and Warlock are essentially invincible during their whole super charge animation. With a few tweeks here and there it would be brilliant but for now Titanfall feels more balanced and enjoyable to me.

No we're not (Warlock here), and have you encountered a Bladedancer Hunter, I'm just like "Kill me now so we can get on with the game" :pac:

About the same, factoring in you are about 3-4 levels higher than if you played it on Normal, if that makes any sense, plus it gives you an opportunity to pick decent Bouties to buff your Exp further

• Advertisement

Yeah it will up the XP reward a tad.

Re the titan ability, if you see him coming then it's avoidable yeah but on the small maps with tight spaces the blast radius often takes out everything in the room. Salvage in particular really suffers from it. Was having a good game last night, we were holding down the relic until a red flicker on the motion tracker and all three of our squad are suddenly dead.

I think the abilities are great in the 6v6 playlists with the bigger more open maps but not so much the smaller maps and smaller team set ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Fair annoying when you get legendary gear for class you aint using :/

No we're not (Warlock here), and have you encountered a Bladedancer Hunter, I'm just like "Kill me now so we can get on with the game" :pac:

Not tried bladedancer yet, but yeah that seems to be pretty cheap too.

I don't know is it a titan or warlock one, but the ability that puts a protective bubble up is very handy. Pretty much a guaranteed win on salvage if someone on your team has it and knows what to do with it.

Put it in the Vaults in the Tower for another character of yours

**** I wish I knew that going into the game

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Im off for the week so I should be around for the strike.

Just playing at the moment and Im locked out of all the strikes and crucible saying that I have no PS Plus but I do as its a sub. Anybody else had this problem yet?

Restored the licences and its sorted.

I got my first legendary weapon last night, a heavy machine gun. I don't really use them but now I feel obligated to stick it in the loadout regardless.

Upgrading it looks like a right pain, I shudder to think the amount of grinding the exotic gear will require.

I got my first legendary weapon last night, a heavy machine gun. I don't really use them but now I feel obligated to stick it in the loadout regardless.

Upgrading it looks like a right pain, I shudder to think the amount of grinding the exotic gear will require.

After keeping my Heavy slot choc-full of 3 HMGs and 3 Rocket Launcher (1 for each elemental effect), I found the HMG useless when compared to a combo of Auto-Rifle and Rocket Launcher IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just had that happen, got a titan class armor for my hunter :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Managed to solo the weekly heroic strike last night without dying, then I go an do a level 12 mission on the moon today and get killed, pissed me off because I was doing the 9k experience without dying bounty. Nothing worse than when you strafe your way into a piece of terrain and you can't manage to get out of it and you can't jump. Speaking of that does anyone ever find their guardian has a serious problem with stairs? I'm finding a lot that if I get in a firefight on a stairway my character struggles to go up and down steps, might just keep bouncing on the first step, can get rather annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »
    You really shouldn't have traded those, they are used to level up legendary gear.

Yeah I see that now. Was just hoping I'd actually get a legendary or something worthwhile for trading them in. 250 glimmer? I earned more from killing enemies trying to find the f*cking things.

• Advertisement

Does leveling the guy who decodes the engram's affect on loot chests, last 3 or 4 i've opened now since he hit level 5 have had much more in them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Eugh today's pvp bounties suck, anyone else's the same? Feat blood medals and then 3 different game types.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Eugh today's pvp bounties suck, anyone else's the same? Feat blood medals and then 3 different game types.

I was sitting waiting for them to rotate at 10 am and they were rubbish even got salvage ones and thats not available today , logged out and back in and they were different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How are people getting on with finding the golden crates. I've only come across 2 so far.

Also found a tunnel in cosmo drone that lead under the map to a room with four knights in it. They had yellow health bars and ??? Level indicators. I tried to kill them with everything I had but got one hit killed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i don't understand half the gear load outs and stuff? is there a shop you can sell or trade stuff? i have 4 boots, 5 helmets, and 2 body armours and wondered do i just 'dismantle' the ones i don't want??

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How are people getting on with finding the golden crates. I've only come across 2 so far.

Also found a tunnel in cosmo drone that lead under the map to a room with four knights in it. They had yellow health bars and ??? Level indicators. I tried to kill them with everything I had but got one hit killed :D

Best to youtube them and get them as you go along IMHO.
    Start with:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eakRwAUprY0
    I got all 20 while playing the main game

Those Knights were in the Beta too, I think they are just meant to block off some area, I dunno, maybe DLC?
    Nodferatu wrote: »
    i don't understand half the gear load outs and stuff? is there a shop you can sell or trade stuff? i have 4 boots, 5 helmets, and 2 body armours and wondered do i just 'dismantle' the ones i don't want??

Yes Dismantle the ones you don't want, unless you think you might want to share them with a 2nd character. Until you get to around level 15, just use whatever has the highest number

Best to youtube them and get them as you go along IMHO.
    Start with:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eakRwAUprY0
    I got all 20 while playing the main game

Those Knights were in the Beta too, I think they are just meant to block off some area, I dunno, maybe DLC?

Yes Dismantle the ones you don't want, unless you think you might want to share them with a 2nd character. Until you get to around level 15, just use whatever has the highest number

Yea I was thinking that as well but then I was wondering if you manage to kill them would you get some rare weapons or armour ? Will go back when I'm a higher level and try kill them again.

Also another area when your on earth travelling to the shore and on the second ship where you have to scan stuff if you do downstairs you'll come across more knights the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Yea I was thinking that as well but then I was wondering if you manage to kill them would you get some rare weapons or armour ? Will go back when I'm a higher level and try kill them again.

They're level 20 and those underground passages are just shortcuts between sections of the cosmodrome. There's another small area near the forgotten shore, but its small and ultimately just another shortcut.

bugs wrote: »
    They're level 20 and those underground passages are just shortcuts between sections of the cosmodrome. There's another small area near the forgotten shore, but its small and ultimately just another shortcut.

How come the level shows as question marks though ? I'll be staying away from them for a while anyway :)

• Advertisement

How come the level shows as question marks though ? I'll be staying away from them for a while anyway :)

I doubt they are kill-able TBH, I haven't seen ??? in the main game, only in the Beta

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement