Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Whats the bounties and how do they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Gonzo wrote: »
    mines saying the same.

Do you've the normal one yeah? I was thinking I might be getting lucky with a free season pass lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Whats the bounties and how do they work?

Bounties are specific targets for main missions or crucible, like kill 30 people with melee without dying etc. You get various bonuses for completing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gandalph wrote: »
    I'm at 25. I'm in no rush to unlock it, I couldn't imagine the mats needed to upgrade exotic weapons!

Just got the 500 kills there, done the Strike on the moon 3 times. Any kills your fireteam get counts towards the 500 for the exotic...... weird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

God, I'm terrible at PvP. Been so long since I played a shooter on a console. Feels like I'm in slow motion, wielding a peashooter :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

God, I'm terrible at PvP. Been so long since I played a shooter on a console. Feels like I'm in slow motion, wielding a peashooter :P

I'm not great at FPSs but am truly awful at this for some reason. I had pretty crappy guns and a low rank so I'm hoping this was a reason. Will give it another go soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    When I unlock trophies or play Destiny it's telling me I'm playing the Digital Guardian Edition in the What's New section does it say this for everyone? Cause I only bought the normal one

Saying that to me also but I bought the Season Pass thing so maybe that's why?

I also pre ordered it on PSN and cancelled it, may have something to do with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Where do you find the Vanguard Quartermaster to get your pre-order stuff? Can't see him in the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Downstairs, first person on the left when you get down there

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where do you find the Vanguard Quartermaster to get your pre-order stuff? Can't see him in the tower.

He's over to the right of the shipwright. You have to pay for the stuff with glimmer though and it's all bog standard stuff you'll get through random drops and completing missions anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Got two purples just doing off random mobs when i was out collecting some upgrade materials, purple shotgun and ehh that riffle thingy in the second slot, kicks bums.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The Vault of Glass raid is live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

wexdevil wrote: »
    The Vault of Glass raid is live

Had a look there , no markers to tell you where to go, found the sync plates that were being taken over but impossible to retake them solo, you clear one move to the other and it gets retaken.

Mobs were hard but manageable at level 24

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm not great at FPSs but am truly awful at this for some reason. I had pretty crappy guns and a low rank so I'm hoping this was a reason. Will give it another go soon.
    Hit level 9 last night and only starting to see some improvement in PvP. Before I was last or second to last and getting pwned, now I'm kinda mid table and better.

I put it down to a combo of better weapons (instead of your default starters), map knowledge, the odd ability and generally understanding the ranges of each gun/melee.

Question: when choosing your loadout what do the "attack" numbers represent? For example is the Mitternacht SR2 Scout Rifle "64" automatically better than the Trax Mallus II "56"?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dades wrote: »
    Hit level 9 last night and only starting to see some improvement in PvP. Before I was last or second to last and getting pwned, now I'm kinda mid table and better.

I put it down to a combo of better weapons (instead of your default starters), map knowledge, the odd ability and generally understanding the ranges of each gun/melee.

Question: when choosing your loadout what do the "attack" numbers represent? For example is the Mitternacht SR2 Scout Rifle "64" automatically better than the Trax Mallus II "56"?

The attack numbers are the damage it does in co-op/single player I think, the colour/symbol represents a different elemental damage type. It shouoldn't matter for PvP apparently, though I certainly feel like I do better with better guns. The perks definitely help on the rare weapons anyway. If you find an auto-rifle that has the perk which makes it more accurate the longer it fires be sure to hold on to it for PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did about 6 Strikes of different levels and types now and 2 Heroic Missions since I hit level 23.... not a purple to be seen :mad:

Does anyone know if Weapon Upgrades carry into PvP?
    Also do passive abilites count in PvP - Improvements to Agility, Armour, Recovery?

Tried to upgrade my Sunsinger Warlock tree a bit yesterday, it's painfully slow :(

Cormac... wrote: »
    Did about 6 Strikes of different levels and types now and 2 Heroic Missions since I hit level 23.... not a purple to be seen :mad:

Does anyone know if Weapon Upgrades carry into PvP?
    Also do passive abilites count in PvP - Improvements to Agility, Armour, Recovery?

Tried to upgrade my Sunsinger Warlock tree a bit yesterday, it's painfully slow :(

All playlists have level advantages disabled on them, in theory it should take the same amount of fire power to take don a level 20 as it does a level 5. The advantages come from the abilities you unlock and the perks on the high end armour and weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dades wrote: »

You on ps4 or Xbox ? I'm going to try the earth strike mission tonight if any low level guys want to team up. I'm on xbox one

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You on ps4 or Xbox ? I'm going to try the earth strike mission tonight if any low level guys want to team up. I'm on xbox one

Don't forget to join the Clan and set your preference as X-Box Clan, then you can go in and view other members Gamertags.
    That's how I ended up with like 30 PSN friends overnight :pac:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

calex71 wrote: »
    Had a look there , no markers to tell you where to go, found the sync plates that were being taken over but impossible to retake them solo, you clear one move to the other and it gets retaken.

Mobs were hard but manageable at level 24

You reckon it is clearable with like 3 people? Say if they were all 25+

• Advertisement

Gandalph wrote: »
    You reckon it is clearable with like 3 people? Say if
    they were all 25+

After all the build up I'd be disappointed if it was tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Don't forget to join the Clan and set your preference as X-Box Clan, then you can go in and view other members Gamertags.

hey Cormac how do you you look at the Clan members joined yesterday but I've no idea!

Menu, RB to Roster and then where?

hey Cormac how do you you look at the Clan members joined yesterday but I've no idea!

Go to the webisite, Left hand side, go to Groups, click on the clan (bottom left), click "Set as XXXX Clan", up top then you should see a tab for PS Clan and Xbox Clan

You can only do it through the website unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Can you only be in one clan at any one time?

.ak wrote: »
    Can you only be in one clan at any one time?

You can be in multiple groups, but you can only have 1 active clan per PS/X-Box at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

Just signed up for that myself (Conovar). cheers for the heads up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ah. Was going to join my mates one but they're not as 'casual' as I am and are all level 20+ whilst I just pop on now and again, I'm level 8. So I can't really do anything with them. Might join a bigger clan with more members around my level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is there any way of doing the daily strikes with just randomers? Loads me into the strike alone, unlike other planet strikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

emmetkenny wrote: »

I'll join you (level 20) if you fancy getting the "Complete a strike with a full fireteam of only your clan mates" cheevo!

gt: maxi ni

They really should add clan lists to the in-game UI. How have a lot of big games managed to balls up the friends/clan/recent player menu when Halo 2 showed them the perfect blueprint.. bungie of all people! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement